Light Of A Crystal

By ShayPC0

Title subjected to change. Naruto knew it! He knew the main purpose of the bell test. But unfortunately, Sas... More

1. The Beginning
2. The Bell Test
3. Criminal
4. The Second Bell Test
5.The Bridge Mission Begins!
6. Mask
7. The Wave Mission begins
8.Is it a girl? Is it a boy? Its Haku!
9. The battle of Bridge
10. Pre Chunin Exam period
11. Meeting Rock Lee ;The Chunin exams begin
12. Team Death
*13. Chunin Exams
14. Preliminary Exam begins
15. Preliminary arc- part 1
*16. Preliminary arc- Part 2
17.Jiraya
18. Wind vs Blade
19. The Fox and the Cherry Blossom
20. Sound and Sand Joint Invasion Operation
21. Hiragane
23. Omens
24. The Weasel and the shark
25. The Uchiha Brothers
26. Lady Tsunade
27. Itachi's 3 conditions
28. Mist Village
29. Hatred
30. Sasuke's goal
32. Predictions
33. Good bye Hidden Leaf Village! Next destination:Sand Village! Here we come!
34. Gaara of the Sand

*22. Prophecy*

267 6 1
By ShayPC0

It has been 5 days since the Invasion as Naruto found himself walking in the streets of Konoha once again. 

During the invasion, he managed to convince Gaara to start making bonds after which Hiruzen managed to win against Orochimaru, who immediately ordered a retreat. In the meantime, the Sand found out about the foul play of Orochimaru.

The Sand soon surrendered and also promised to pay for the invasion reparations to the Leaf Village. Naruto was declared the National Hero of the Leaf for playing an important role in the defence.  He also received a boost in ranks to Chunin for his exemplary achievement.  

He was suddenly stopped by a stranger wearing a hoodie to cover his face. He also wore the uniform of the Leaf Village and a headband to make it look more convincing that he was a ninja of leaf.

"Naruto. Can I borrow you for a few seconds?" The stranger asked as Naruto nodded and smiled.

At BBQ

Both the ninjas sat with their backs facing each other as they ate peacefully.

"It's been so long since I ate this food." The stranger remarked as he ate the food.

"Anyways, why are you here Obito?" Naruto asked.

"Please call me Taka. I don't want my identity to be compromised. Anyways, it seems that the Hokage same didn't die this time which is great." Obito said as he kept the bowl away. "But we still need a new Hokage as he is too old to be one." 

"And who would that be?" Naruto asked.

"In my previous 2 worlds, Lady Tsunade was selected as the Hokage after the death of the Third Hokage. But, I am not sure that it is likely to happen here as the Third didn't die this time which is a great accomplishment." Obito said as he carefully held the chopsticks.

"OI NARUTO!" Both of them heard a voice behind them as Obito disappeared almost immediately. 

Turning around, Naruto saw Neji and Tenten walking toward him.

"We were just searching for you. Hokage sama has ordered us to go to the Hokage Office so that we can become the members of team 7." Neji said as Naruto looked confused.

"Did you forget that both of us are supposed to become your teammates after the Chunin Exam?" Tenten reminded him.

"Oh!" Naruto's face brightened. "With all these invasions, exams and training I almost forgot about it. Hehe." Naruto gave a wide grin. "Come on now, let's go!"

Hokage Office

"OHAYO JIJI!" The third Hokage almost fell from the chair as the blond broke open the door.

"Oops. Sorry, Jiji." Naruto said unapologetically while Hiruzen's right eye twitched.

"Oh, Naruto! You have finally arrived." Jiraya said as he laughed.

"ERO SENNIN!" Naruto yelled in surprise. "WHAT ARE YA DOING HERE?" 

"First sign the form and then we will tell you about your next mission." Hiruzen as he held three forms.

"But it says that we need the approval signature of the respective senseis of the two teams." Neji pointed out.

"Although it has the signature of Gai Sensei, where is Kakashi Sensei's signature?" Tenten asked.

"Don't worry, I am right here," Kakashi said as he stood up, revealing that he was sitting on the roof the whole time. 

"Kakashi sensei!" Naruto yelled.

"Yo." Kakashi greeted with an eye smile before walking inside the room. His expression soon changed. "A bad news for the Third Hokage. Sasuke Uchiha has escaped again." 

Everyone, except the Third and Jiraya, froze in their place with their eyes going as wide saucers. 

"WHAT? ESCAPED AGAIN!" Tenten exclaimed.

"WE HAVE TO STOP HIM." Naruto yelled. "JIJI! GIVE US THE COMMAND AND WE WILL BRING HIM BACK!" 

"Calm down both of you." Neji stated as both of the ninjas gave him a glare. "Don't you think that we have some other things to do? We have been summoned not to capture Sasuke or to kill him but to sign up for team 7. "

Naruto just gritted his teeth and was just about to open the door when Hiruzen stopped him.

"Stand down, Naruto. I have already sent Jounins and anbus to capture him." Hiruzen said calmly.

"No... that won't be enough," Naruto said angrily. "Last time he escaped, you didn't even capture him on time. So let me go and stop him. I promise you that I will stop him no matters the cost, Ji-" 

"Naruto." Hiruzen raised his voice. "Call me Hokage sama."

Naruto gritted his teeth but lowered his hands away from the door knob.  

"As for your mission, you will not stop him from running." Hiruzen said in a stern voice before turning to the other ninjas.  "Tenten, Neji please leave the room as soon as Kakashi Kun signs the documents."

"But what about our mission?" Tenten asked.

"Well, Kakashi will brief you about your mission later. And one more thing, Naruto will not be joining in your first official mission." Hiruzen announced.

"WHAT?" Naruto yelled fiercely before quickly calming down. "Jiji... Are you giving me a punishment?"  

"Naruto. It's not a punishment. I had already decided this for you." Hiruzen said as Neji and Tenten left the room leaving Naruto with three adults.

"So what is it you two want to discuss with me?" Naruto enquired with his voice hiding his anger.

"That you should really control your anger." Kakashi said as Naruto looked surprised.

"I agree." Jiraya said raising his arm in agreement. "Your anger will prove to be a setback as it will not help you in any way. You have a lot of assets like crystal Kekkei Genkai and a friendly fox inside you, and we cannot deny that. Your only liability is anger and unwillingness to understand someone's situation." 

"I can accept that I get angry very easily but what did you mean by the unwillingness to understand someone's situation?" Naruto questioned. "I know what everyone's going through and I know their pain so what do you exactly mean?" 

"No." Hiruzen said, completely baffling Naruto. "You still don't get it. Do you? We accept that you know others' feelings and you are willing to understand others but can I ask you a question? Have you tried hard enough when the person in question whom we are dealing with is Sasuke Uchiha?"

"That man has nothing to empathize or sympathize with besides the Massacre. He is nothing but a backstabber.  I tried to approach him once and I nearly paid it with my own life. So there is no point in sympathizing or empathizing with him." Naruto declared as the adults in the room sighed.

"Do you know how lonely Sasuke is?" Kakashi questioned in a last-ditch effort to make Naruto understand.

"Well, what can I say? He deserves it." Naruto said as the adults glanced at him.

"Alright! Alright! I give up on trying to make you understand." Hiruzen said in a sad manner. "You can leave the room."

"But what about my mission?" Naruto asked.

"Jiraya will brief you soon." Hiruzen said as Naruto nodded as he turned around.

"Naruto." Naruto stopped in his tracks. "Do whatever you see is the best for the Leaf and for yourself but please don't regret your actions if you fail. Instead, try to find a way to prevent that from happening again."  Kakashi warned as Naruto turned around and gave a sincere smile.

"Of course, Kakashi sensei. I will try to remember your words." Naruto said before opening the door and leaving the room with shadows covering his eyes. 

That's when the crows began cawing loudly from nowhere.

"Jiraya. Are you sure that he is the child of prophecy?" Hiruzen asked ignoring the feeling of dread caused by the caws.

"Yes. He is indeed the child of prophecy. It stated that the child will have one little darkness inside him which will be used by him against a child with wheel eye, ie Sasuke Uchiha. In order to save the world, the child must overcome that darkness. We thought that it was the fox but it is tamed as Obito informed us. So that means that his stubbornness and anger are the only darkness within him."

"It is always an impossible task to remove the anger and stubbornness of a man." Kakashi pointed out.

"But knowing him, he will surely overcome them to save the world." Hiruzen said. "It will prove to be a task next to impossible but he will surely overcome them."

"I am afraid that's not the case." Jiraya said.

"Huh?! What do you mean?" Kakashi enquired.

"According to the same prophecy, he will only come to senses if the child with wheel eyes along a man who once had a wheel eye but now has two wields his blade against the blood of the leaf not once but twice." Jiraya said as both the ninja's eyes widened in shock.

"That means that Sasuke will do the unthinkable against us." Kakashi said as Jiraya sighed.

"Unfortunately, we can do nothing about it." Jiraya said.

"But who is the other man?" 

"Dunno." Jiraya said as he shrugged his shoulders before suddenly knocking out Kakashi with a swift blow on his head.

"Do you think that man is Obito?" Jiraya asked.

"Nope. I don't think so as he is still one-eyed even though he is from an alternate universe." Hiruzen said as Jiraya sighed in disappointment.

"You have got a point there." 

"Anyways, it's best for us to stay in present and not to dwell in the present or future. So, why don't you go and bring "her" to the Leaf?" Hiruzen asked as he cracked a smile.

"But why do you need Tsunade when you are still fit?" Jiraya questioned.

"Because, I am an old and tired man and badly want to retire." Hiruzen said as Jiraya nodded.

"Anyways, it's better for me to go." Jiraya said as he left the room.

Naruto. I hope that you understand before the impending doom. Hiruzen thought even though a little voice told him nothing but the truth he didn't want to accept but had to accept. 

Destiny already wrote it in stone. 

Kakashi: And that brings an end to chapter 22, one of the most complicated chapters.

Obito: The reason why Shay san has given the negative traits to Naruto is because he wants to improve the storyline.

Kakashi: Naruto will now face a lot of hurdles besides Sasuke and Noka as Shay san has added some negative traits to make the story more interesting. Will he be able to overcome them before the impending doom or will his realisation come too late? What do you think? Please let Shay know in the comments.

Obito: To find answers, keep tuned and as usual, keep reading and PEACE OUT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 440 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
504K 14.4K 107
(Complete) Sasuke comes back to Konoha after a journey seeking atonement and redemption. Finally becoming the man his brother wished he will be, he d...
9K 1K 26
(A Naruto-themed fanfic- Book 1 in its series) Just recently promoted to Jonin Status as a medical shinobi of the Hidden Leaf Village, Katsu Inazuna...
449K 13.8K 43
What happens when a young (and bratty) girl's body is taken over by.... herself? Well, from the future. Konohagakure is in the midst of a deadly war...