Purple Tulips

By kiosxwhore

Kyo Sohma is Japan's best assassin and He hates people with inhumane eye colors. But what happens when he mov... More

prologue
The -garden -awaits
Innocence
Idiot travler.
Selfish
Hana.
Killer.
Hurts
Here.
Save me.
The idiot
Love
Izumi
Water that touches my heart .
Happiness last.
Lies.
The end.
Purple tulips.
Into the dark
Please.
Soul pills.
I promise
Guilt .
Ferris Wheel
Room
What are we?
Epilogue

Promises

8 0 0
By kiosxwhore

I step outside of the limo and walk up the huge stairs in my beautiful white dress. Once I made it to the door, they opened it for me instantly.

Play; ice dance by Danny elfman.

The doors opened and the party was white with purple roses, I smiled as I walked through them. This made me so happy the party was exactly how she wanted it to be all these years.

In our tradition, the four year of the death there's a huge party thrown; with their favorite items and gifts...almost like a birthday. I walk in and all my mothers relatives run to me and give me a hug, well the ones who love me of course. "Hanako!!! You look so beautiful daring truly!" My aunt yells while I'm in her embrace, "where's grandma?" I ask my cousins and aunts, then they point to the food table.

I look over and she's talking to Kyo, and I feel my breath start to get heavy. If my grandmother tells him anything about my eyes or my past, I'll die. "If you excuse me, I'm going to speak to her." I say while breaking away quickly.

I move past the people dancing and taking till I make it to the table. As I'm approaching their conversation gets louder I hear their words.

"She's truly I good child, please give her time. I know she's different from the other assassins....maybe..weak almost. But she's been through so much." Her weak old voice shakes, "grandma! You must not tell all my business..." I laugh while pulling her into a hug.

"Kyo was she talking your head off?" I ask. "No. Not at all." He says bluntly, and then I turn my attention back to her. "If you excuse us grandma, I'll be right back." I say quickly then grabbing Kyo's arm and walking him to the side. "I'm sorry if she said anything offensive...." I say while bowing.

"Why do you do that?" He asks, then I look back up at him. "What do you mean?" I ask in confusion.

"You constantly say sorry, and apologize for things that haven't even happened. It's like you've trained everything to be your fault in your head." He says while looking at me. I feel my face get hot after that comment.

"Why do yoI always feel like you must speak what's on your mind?" I snap and then he chuckles at little. "That's just my personality I guess." He says while looking at me up and down. I get fluster by the second after he does that, then he lets out three words that make my body jolt. "You look nice." He says while looking at me with a smirk... "t-thank you..." I say while looking away, I couldn't make my eyes meet with his...I was to embarrassed.

That was the first time a boy has told me I look good. It's childish, but yet so amazing. I loved that comment, more than he probably thinks I do.

The swan • Camille saint- saens plays and then I my aunt runs up to us. "You two should dance!" She yells while pushing us onto the ball floor. "You're mother would love this!!" She says while clapping her hands.

"I'm fin-" I say but Kyo yanks me into his hands and we begin to slow dance. "I....said I'm fine." I huff while trying to let go. "Im only doing this because she said your mother would've wanted this." He says while spinning me then pulling me back into his embrace. "Thank you." I say while looking at him, because in this moment I couldn't.

I look around the room and no one else is dancing but us. Everyone's talking and pointing. Their mummers are heard slightly over the music, but I wasn't worried about that. It was my family....my father. I turn to them and I see my family staring in confusion, they had no time to be angry; because their daughter was dancing with the best assassin in the world. It was a compliment to them, they just don't think I deserve it.

"Don't pay them any mind." Kyo's voice lets out in my ear sending chills down my spine. "How can I not, nobody's saying anything. It's just us dancing." I whisper. Then he lets out another chuckle, "that's because you're dancing with the best assassin in the world, give them time to soak it all in." He says while dipping me down and hold me there.

"They want to be where you are right now, being held and embraced by me." He says then he approaches my ear. "You're a very lucky lady." He whispers, then pulls me back up and we dance once more. "Did you really mean it when you said I looked nice?" I ask while looking at him and then a hint of red appears on his cheeks. "Yes." He says bluntly.

"That was the first time a boy as ever complimented me. It means a lot.....thank you." I say in embarrassment.

"That was the first time I've ever complimented anyone, ever..." he says and then my eyes meet with his once more. The music stops and then clapping his hear. We stare at each other for a few more moments but it's stop by Izumi. "You have to say your speech now." She says with a hint of anger and then she pulls me away.

She pulls me to the bathroom and then shuts the door. "Are you out of your mind!!" She yells while slamming her hands on the sink. "You can't fall in love with him! You can't!" She snaps.

"Izumi....I'm not in love him, I have no feelings for him. We only dance because Aunt Miki said it was one of moms wishes." I sigh then she takes a deep breath.

"She's drunk out her mind, she's just out there talking out of her ass." She says while pinching the bridge of her nose. "Don't make this family look-" she said but then I stop her.

"I don't make this family look any less that what it is, he's the worlds best assassin and I danced with him....I'm doing us a favor." I say, then anger swarmed through he body. "No you're not....it shouldn't have been you." She says while leaving the bathroom and slamming the door.

I look in the mirror and I see how I look, beautiful as ever. But I'm not Hanako....I'm Hana, a fake.

Hanako didn't just dance with the best assassin in the world or Kyo Sohma....Hana did.

Hana is always cared and loved for, but when it comes to Hanako she's scary and inhumane....she's..

Useless.

KYO'S POV:

I danced with the girl I called useless and a disgrace to her family. And she still smile with me, she still had a conversation with me after my hurtful words.

I don't understand Hana Yoshida, she's confusing. She's hurt by so many people but still smiles, still cares for others how is that even possible. I somewhat envy her......she's stronger than me.

I hate to admit it, but she is and I found that out today. She's probably getting yelled at by her sister at this very moment, but she'll come out with a smile. She's unlike anyone I've ever met, she's so different.

I look over to the women's bathroom and see Izumi slam the door and walk out. She meets eyes with me and then walks up to me, she fixes her black dress and smiles. "I'm sorry. Did my sister do anything that made you uncomfortable." She asks with a blunt voice. So different from Hana's.

Hana's voice was soft and welcoming. Hana was well-spoken while her sisters had no manors neither did they have respect for others but themselves.

"I'm sister is so embarrassing at times I don't know what to do with her." She chuckles, it's embarrassing how she'll bring down her sister. "Yes, I suppose so..." I say bluntly then she lets out a satisfied smirk.

"I've heard the rumors, you have to marry someone." She says while looking at me, and then I scoff a little. "Yeah? What about it?" I say in confusion.

"Well.....they have to be an assassin. So I thought I would be perfect for the role." She says while the most confidence in her voice. I look her up and down. I never took a good look at Izumi because I only seen her when we were training.

She had long black hair that touched her waist, bright grey eyes and long legs. She was wearing a black dress that had a slit running up it. "I'll pass." I say and then she laughs a little. "I'll give it time, we don't even know each other that we'll yet." She says.

"Just think about it." She says then walks off.

Izumi was the type of person to push anyone who wants something to the side for her own needs, like me. But for some reason she doesn't peek my interest at all, nobody does.

I walk over to the table and down we're I'm greeted by the families grandmother once more. "So nice to finally have someone to talk too." Her weak voice shook and I smiled. "Young man, are you and my grand daughter dating?" She asks and I jolt to her words. "I guess not." She sighs in disappointment.

"I thought Hanako would finally be happy....." she says while playing with her fingers. "What do you mean?" I ask, and then she looks up at me with sadness.

"Everyone blames Hanako for my Shoko's death, I even did. I hated the thought of looking at my granddaughter, and looking at her made me sick. But I had to think, shoko did what she did because she loved Hanako; more than any of us did." She says while folding the napkin.

"It took me a while to finally get over it, and start loving Hanako again. But I was so selfish....I never cared Hanako's feelings, not only did she lose her mother and brothers. She lost everyone, once they read shoko's letter. She couldn't bear it, nobody could.....the thought do shoko jumping off that bridge..." she says while tears start to form in her eyes.

"Shoko slit her wrist then jumped she didn't want to live, she wanted to die; for Hanako. And everyone believed her life wasn't worth living...imagine how Hanako felt.

She had no one.

That's why when I say you too dancing, I thought she finally had someone to walk along side of her. But I was wrong, it hurts to think that you guys don't even know each other. The way you danced, she look......ready to finally leave here. And that made me so very happy." She says while smiling and whipping her tears.

"Hanako....I mean Hana has been through all that." I say in shock, then the grandma laughs. "Much more than that, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed so say." Ah says while getting up from her seat slowly.

"I'm a very old women, I'm nearing on my death bed....so I want to think you for showing me that Hanako is quite happy now." She says while walking off slowly. "You're welcome." I say quietly trying to take in everything that just happened. I don't know what to say.

She's been through all that, to think that her stories even deeper than that makes me ill.

The sound of a microphone begin hits echoes through the huge room. "M-may I have everyone's attention?" A soft voice lets out and I turn over to the stage. Mummers and giggles are heard through the silence.

"Hello everyone, I'm glad everyone's hanging a good time.....my mother would be proud." She lets out abs mummers are still heard.

" I know there's been so many ups and downs with our family and I know my mother would be so happy so see all over us here together, for her four year of death.

Four years we we've celebrated everyone single one of us, it's honestly amazing....it makes so emotional. It's a beautiful thing that all of us care for her, as much as I do.

My mother wouldn't have liked if I took this time to talk about her achievements and goals, she would want me to talk about ours.....but I know that's not what most of what to her. She left me letter, just like she did that night. But this one is different....it's for this exact party. So I wanted to read the parts that you guys are allowed to hear...." She says while looking around the room.

"She wanted to read this poem at her marriage anniversary party, but she died before as you can tell..." she says and mummers of anger are swarmed around the room.

"I-Im sorry, if that offended anyone....I'll read it now. " her voice shakes as she turns the page to the poem and letter.

"Violets are my favorite flower, I've said that almost hundreds times. When my violet was born she was a blossom, such a beautiful flower bud that I couldn't wait to see bloom,

Her purple undertones and purple aura filled the room when she was born, cries were heard but not of joy. Fear, over my own child; my blossom. The cries from her creator, her father were heard.....that was when her first pedal was broken.

Each year went by, I stood by her side. I watch her grow and glow, her pedals bloomed and eventually loomed into sadness but what could I do; we the world didn't even know,

How much it for a flower to grow....it takes love, care, selfless and courage. I'm so afraid to go...to leave her.....my bloom, my Hana.

But I must for her, not me. But I'm scared of the world she blooms in,

I'm scared her pedals with soon eventually rot..."

she says while tears swarm down her face. "I'm sorry...if I had ruined the mood; this was a final wish." She says while wiping her tears. And then the silence is broken by Izumi.

"It's always you! You say you're sorry but you don't mean it! Do you really think we want to sit here and listen to a poem that's written about you?!" She yells from the crowd.

"Shoko took her life to save you! She fought for you! She let you live before she even died, almost ruined our family name!!" She says while pushing people away and walking to the stage.

"So why let us hear that speech? Why let your Hana come out of her mouth for our last celebration....why?" She says while getting on the stage with her. She snatch's the microphone off the stand and puts it up to her mouth.

"I would sincerely like to apologize on my sisters behave, I'm sure my mother never wrote such a letter. Before my younger sister was born my family and mother were happy.....I....hate to say it." Izumi says while taking a deep breath.

"I truly believe my sister was the root of our problems, I doubt such a message was wrote Shoko." She says. "Everyone please continue eating and partying we have 2 more hours left, let's not out them to waste...for Shokos sake." She says while looking at Hana, then everyone claps and cheers.

Hana runs off stage and leaves the party hall. Izumi walks over to my table and then sits down with me. "Don't." I snap while walking after Hana.

I don't normally do this, and I shouldn't. But she needs someone's help, just like her grandma said. There's no one who's going to help her, someone has. Hana deserves the world but doesn't know it, she gives and gets nothing in return. She's the idiot traveler.

I follow her, and she stands outside on a baloney.

She stands in the moon light with her white dress shining, she looks truly peaceful. It's sad I can imagine she made up that letter, hoping it would give her some type of change in this family.

"So did you fake it?" I ask from behind her, making her body jolt. "No." She says quickly while turning her head from the sky to the ground.

I walk out on the balcony and stand beside her. "I'm sorry that none of the believe you." I say. "It doesn't matter, they won't believe me anyways. It's always been this way, since I was young." She says while looking at the building infront of us.

"Why do they treat this way?" I ask and then she looks at me with silence and laughs a little.

"When mother was giving birth to me, I almost killed her. She had an option to kill me or have me. She obviously went with giving birth to me, but it took a toll on her." She sighs. "Especially, when your still alive. Reminding people why she's different, why she thinks differently. Why she's no longer an assassin..." she says.

I'm quiet I don't know what to say, there's only one thing that pops into my head.

When normal people give birth to children with differences it takes a toll on there health, but only with carrying them. The only affects that happened afterward are normal postpartum depression, but if the child isn't normally ill and differently ill. It changes the mother for life.

These are the effects of someone with an inhumane disease, something that they sound be punished and killed for. "Those are the effects of the colored eyes children the-"

"Murasaki no ko...I know.." she says quickly. "But my eyes are brown, it's just...it's a rare occurrence." She says but not even second later I snatch her into my arms looking into her eyes.

Her breathing gets heavy under my tight touch while I look into her eyes, she tilts her head down and I snatch it back up by her chin. Tears flow down her face,

"please stop Kyo...please.." she cries and I snap out of it. "I'm sor-" I start but she stops me mid sentence. "Please don't say it, I know you don't mean it. I thought you actually about the way I feel, but you're just like everyone else. Selfish!" She yells with tears streaming down her face.

"I told you I was selfish!" I yell. "You just met me what gave you the impression that I even cared about how you feel?!"

"The fact that you're even here right now, you followed me from that stage all the way here." She says while lowering her voice. "I actually thought someone other than aki cared for me." She says while chuckling a little then wiping her tears.

"Han-" I say while grabbing her hand then she yanks it from me. "Don't touch me." She snaps with anger, leaving me in shock. I've never seen her like this, her soft voice was filled with anger.

"Hanako get your ass over here!" Her father yells and then she runs. Her heels fall off as she runs. By the time her father reaches me she's ran off.

I pick up each of her heals and sigh. "That girl will be the death of me." He father scoffs and then I turn to him.

"What's everyone's problem with her?" I ask trying to get more answers. "Just look at her right now, it should be apparent. She makes to many problems for this family." He says.

"Why don't you get rid of her then?" I ask. "It's a promise her mother asked for before she died.  To take care of her at all cost, no matter how much I dislike her." He says.

It's crazy how many promises this family has made each other and sticks with them. But I just hope Hana can find happiness.

And I never thought I say that, but every time I see how she's treated and what she's receives. It just shows me how much she deserves, not just a life that shes being given because of old promises. But because she's wanted.

       promises

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 179 17
(Fruits Basket Fanfiction)After Tohru tries to convince Akito to break the curse. She falls off a cliff and also loses all of her memories. This incl...
47.1K 1.1K 21
Yuki and Kyo both struggle with theirs feelings for Tohru, while Tohru is growing increasingly tired of their fighting. Then Tohru discovers a lump...
64 2 7
Y/n is a 16 year old girl who attends Kaibara Municipal High School, who is in the hospital because of a car accident, her leg is terribly injured, b...
9.2K 81 4
This story is meant for a mature audience, if you are younger than the age of 16 please read something else. • Characters belong to Natsuki Takaya •...