Make Me Remember (Mijo X Dae...

By tokkiesz

Will she be able to make him remember what he can't? - "You promise?" "Yes, I do." He replied as he took a g... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Her Letter
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 17

911 101 10
By tokkiesz

A/N: Surprise!

After they returned from Daegu, Mijo and Dae-sik were probably glued together all the time if they were together. Sometimes Dae-sik would visit Mijo at her clinic and pick her up and they would have dinner at his place — it disgusted Jin-woo, everytime.

And when Jin-woo finally moved back into his place, the couple wasted no time and by the next week Mijo's things were occupying half of Dae-sik's apartment.

Now, it had been 3 weeks since they last visited Daegu and they were already planning to visit again the coming week. For some reason Cha Mijo wanted to visit and she kept saying she had something important to tell them and all Dae-sik could do was agree to it.

But before they would do that, they decided they would have dinner with his parents first. It worried him how they would react — especially his mother, but both of them knew whatever she was going to say, they wouldn't believe it.

"Yah, Hyun Dae-sik! Is everything alright?" Mijo snapped her fingers infront of his face while the other hand held her dress up.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking about the possible things that could happen tonight." He heaved a sigh.

Dae-sik was sure his mother would go ballistic when she finds out. He saw how his mother reacted when he told her his memories of them returned. What more when she finds out they're engaged.

But, he was more worried of his father's reaction. Neither of his parents knew Mijo was going to come with him. He only told them he wanted to have dinner — though dinner didn't really meant eating with them but rather he wanted to talk with them.

Mijo rolled her eyes. "Oh, gosh, not again, Jagi. You've been spacing out about that for the whole day give yourself a break."

"Are you on your period?" He questioned, noticing her mood.

For the past few days she had been more moody about the smallest things he would do but he just brushed it off thinking it was period.

"Don't question that right now, please. Just help me zip up this dress." Mijo gestures to the back of the dress that she was still holding as she turns so her back was facing him.

He took the slider into his hand and slowly raised it up. As he zipped the dress up, he slowly planted kisses on her bare back eliciting a moan from Mijo.

When he was done zipping up her dress, he stood up and gently started placing wet kisses at the area where her neck and shoulders connected. "You're so gorgeous."

"I know." Mijo threw her head back when she felt he was sucking a part of her delicate skin. "Ahh... stop... stop that, Jagi, it might mark. What will your parents think, 'oh they had a quickie before they came here' I don't want them to think that."

Dae-sik obeyed, moving to kiss her earlobe and whisper. "We're not done yet. I'm getting back at you later."

Mijo smirked and stuck her tongue out. "That's if you dare."

She was looking gorgeous in a dusty pink dress that he had bought for her a few days ago. It hugged her beautiful body and fit perfectly. It was as if it was custom-tailored for her.

Dae-sik took her hand and planted a kiss on her palm before intertwining his hand with hers. "Let's go?"

She smiled at him. "Let's go."

///

Mijo wouldn't admit it but she was worried. There was worry in her.

What if they still didn't like her for their son?

What if they still wanted to push thru with his arranged marriage?

What if they try to break them apart?

Those and more questions kept bugging her thoughts ever since she agreed on having this so-called dinner with his parents. Even if she tried her best to believe everything would be fine, there was still a part of her that was consumed by worry.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she felt Dae-sik's fingers gently pat her hand. "Everything alright, Tokkie?"

Mijo nodded as she sighed.

"You ready? Shall we go inside?"

"Let's go." Mijo nervously smiled at him.

When they arrived inside the dining room they were greeted by a gasp coming from no other than Mrs. Hyun.

"Good Evening, Mr. & Mrs. Hyun." Mijo politely greeted as they took their seats across the other couple. The Chairman nodded his head in response to her greeting and gave her a warm, welcoming smile while Mrs. Hyun rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"What exactly is this lousy woman doing here?" Mrs. Hyun asked Dae-sik, narrowing her eyes at him. "Is she here in hopes her tricks would fool us too? If yes, then she can leave already because I am NOT falling for anything she's going to say or do."

Mijo breathed an inward sigh with an effort to keep her emotions at bay. "Damn hormones." She thought to herself. Mijo thought she was prepared for every word an accusation Mrs. Hyun was going to throw at her but she wasn't. 

Dae-sik did tell her how his mother looked at her but she didn't imagine she could be this cruel with the woman her son loves. It was something she couldn't understand. Why would a mother try to stop her son from being with the woman he loved?

The only reason Mijo knew was because she wasn't from a chaebol family. But regardless of where she was from, Mijo thought that as a mother, Mrs. Hyun only wanted to see her son happy because that was the only thing Mijo wanted Dae-Han to be if only he wasn't taken from her.

"Eomma! How could you accuse her of such things? Mijo isn't like that, Eomma."

Mrs. Hyun scoffed."Oh, please, Dae-sik stop with that nonsense. I know how women like her think and the only thing they are after is money."

"Watch your mouth, Yeo-won." The Chairman admonished with a frown on his face. His wife was indeed unbelievable.

"Shut it, Jun-seok." Mrs. Hyun shot back. "Now, Hyun Dae-sik, tell me why you brought this lousy woman with you."

Dae-sik massaged his temples and sighed. It had barely been 30 minutes since they arrived yet they were already starting. "Eomma, Abeoji, I would like to introduce to the two of you, my Fiancée, Cha Mijo."

Mrs. Hyun laughed sarcastically. "I don't think so, my dear. The last time I checked you were engaged to Hyo-rin."

"That was when you could still fool me into that arranged marriage, Eomma. And don't think, I'll fall for anything you do." Dae-sik crossed his arms above his chest. He wasn't going to allow his mother to do that to him anymore. He has had enough from the past years and he wasn't intrested in more.

"It looks like you're down bad for her then, am I right? Let me guess how did she do it? Did she seduce you? Did she make you drink anything? Hmmm, what did she do huh? Because I'm pretty sure she'll do anything for your money."

Mijo sighed, blinking back her tears. "With all due respect, Mrs. Hyun, I am not with your son for the money. I am very stable on my own and I do not need any cent from him, I do not need for him to provide my needs because I can do that on my own. I am with your son because I love him. I love him very much, Mrs. Hyun." A tear fell on her cheek after her last sentence.

The elder woman scoffed again. "Oh yes, you 'love' him. You don't need for him to provide anything. Enough with those lies, Mijo."

"Yeo-won, please just stop it. Can't you see they're serious with each other? I can easily just cancel the engagement. I'm sure Deok-yeon would be alright with it."

"Abeoji's right, Eomma. Please, can't we just call off the engagement?"

Mrs. Hyun clucks her tongue. "No, we are not calling off any engagement. The only engagement that needs to be called of is yours with that lousy woman, my son."

Dae-sik's eyes widened in pure disbelief at how his mother could say such words. "How could you say that, Eomma? Why can't you just be happy for me? For us? Why can't you just do that?"

His mother heaved a sigh, ignoring his questions, she wanrs him."Hyun Dae-sik you better break up with her or else."

"Or else what, Eomma? I don't think I can handle facing you anymore but with the respect I have left you, Eomma, I'm sorry but we're leaving or else I won't have any respect left for you." Dae-sik grabbed Mijo's hand and they stormed out of the room.

When they were gone, Mrs. Hyun uttered. "You ungrateful child. You're going to regret your actions."

///

"Tokkie, please stop crying. I'm sorry you had to hear such insulting words." Dae-sik comforts her as he carried her into their room. Mijo had been crying all throughout the ride home. The moment they got into his car, her tears were flowing uncontrollably and it hurt him to see her like that because of his mother.

When Dae-sik layed her down onto their bed, she pulled him closer and hugged him tight. "I love you, Hyun Dae-sik, don't ever ever leave us please."

He tucked a loose strand of hair into her ear. "I won't ever leave you again, please don't say that."

"You're not going to leave us?"

Dae-sik was starting to get suspicious when she kept repeating her question. "I'm not, okay? What makes you think I will?"

"Well.. your mom. Everything she said earlier. It hurt me, Jagi." Mijo continued to sob, hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

"Please stop crying my love. I don't like seeing you like this."

Mijo hit his chest. "You can't even see my face!"

"Mianhae." Dae-sik continued to rub her hair.

A few minutes later, Mijo finally calmed down and changed into much more comfortable clothes after taking a shower. When she got out, she found Dae-sik in the kitchen preparing something.

"What are you making?" Mijo displays a smile on her face as she approaches the dining table and pulls out a chair to sit on.

"Just a sandwich. We forgot to go grocery shopping yesterday."

"Let's go tomorrow!"

"Sure. I'll check my schedule first." Dae-sik says as he places the sandwich on the table.

"About your schedule..."

"Why? Is there anything you want to change?" He asks, taking a bite from his sandwich.

Mijo heaved a sigh as a bright smile grew on her lips. "Well... I want to see a doctor so they could confirm if I am, but I think I'm pregnant."

Dae-sik's eyes widened. "Mwo?!"

"That's what the pregnancy test I took a few days ago said."

He immediately stood up from his seat and hugged Mijo tightly before showering her with kisses. "I'll tell Jin-woo to cancel everything schedule. Anything for you and our child."

///

Mijo and Dae-sik were patiently and nervously waiting for their turn. They were at Mijo's OB/GYN's clinic for the results to come out.

"I'm nervous, Jagi. W-what if–"

"Stay positive, Tokkie. Everything will be alright, okay?" Mijo nodded.

A few minutes later, Mijo's name was called on and they found themselves in the OB/GYN's office.

"Hello there, Ms. Cha." Doctor Park greets with her hands clasped together. "I have some great news for the two of you. Congratulations, Ms. Cha, you're pregnant."

"Am I really pregnant?" Mijo utters in pure disbelief and her hand finds its way to her lower abdomen. She looks at Dae-sik and could see he was looking excited.

"Yes, Ms. Cha. You're 6 weeks pregnant."

"We're having a baby, Jagi!" Mijo exclaims as she pulls Dae-sik in for a hug. Her happiness was unexplainable. It felt amazing. She could feel tears forming in her eyes.

"Everything is fine. You and baby should be well until your next check-up. It's good that you went in for a check-up right away considering your history but everything will be fine as long as you take care of yourself and make sure to be extra careful. I will see the two of you again soon."

"Thank you, doctor."

When they got out of the clinic, both of them were mirroring eachother's excitement and neither of them could contain their happiness.

Dae-sik lifted Mijo up in the air and yelled, "I'm going to be an appa!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 8K 53
Two idols had a bitter past but she still has feelings for him. Can he define his feelings in the end? It has been a tough rollercoaster ride for the...
149K 6.8K 37
Fate decides to bring rough circumstances for the two lovers who just started to madly fall in love with each other. Are they really destined to be t...
35.8K 2.8K 37
Jeong-hyeok and Seri have maintained their love and commitment to each other, despite only being together once a year. But will they ever have the op...
26.8K 1.5K 11
Book 1 of The Carpe Saga [This story is canon-divergent and contains mature content. Also on AO3.] In 2012, Se Ri traveled overseas to end her life...