Darkness

By Arrowbolt5

Inside of us there can be both good and bad. Angels and demons. Light and darkness. It is sometimes hard to s... More

Chapter 1: Battle for Control
Chapter 2: Down Time
Chapter 3: Dangerous Play
Chapter 4: Fear Tactic
Chapter 5: Dark Connection
Chapter 6: Uncooperative Human
Chapter 8: Red-Handed
Chapter 9: Precious Pawn
Chapter 10: Little Losses
Chapter 11: Moral Compass
Chapter 12: My Weakness
Chapter 13: Off Topic
Chapter 14: All I Am
Chapter 15: Gray Area
Chapter 16: Last Stand
Chapter 17: Omega Lock
Chapter 18: Sob Story
Chapter 19: Dream Walking
Chapter 20: Megatron Hunt
Chapter 21: Mind Mission
Chapter 22: No More
Book 2: Chapter 1: Stuck in the Past
Book 2: Chapter 2: Over my Dad Body
Book 2: Chapter 3: Ghost of their Greatness
Book 2: Chapter 4: Bitter Taste of Betrayal
Book 2: Chapter 5: I Swear to Kill You

Chapter 7: Home Sick

207 15 6
By Arrowbolt5

Megatron held up a random human he found and squeezed, ignoring the sounds of pain that it was making.

"Let him go!" Bulkhead growled, pointing his blaster at the warlord.

"You wouldn't dare shoot me while a defenseless human is in grasp, would you?" He taunted, waving the human in front of them with a grin.

Option glared. "That human is not a part of our war, Megatron. Let him go."

Megatron pretended to consider the offer for a moment before he laughed and squeezed tighter. "Pass! Hand over your relics."

The Autobots exchanged looks before reluctantly dropping their weapons to the ground. Quickly, the vechicons snatched them up.

Megatron smirked. "Foolish Autobots. You are hopeless in this war. On a planet so plentiful with meat. Too soft to finish the job."

Arcee growled. "They might be."

Megatron roared in fury as she shot him directly in the chest. The warlord stumbled back and dropped the human civilian to the ground.

"You have gone too far, Megatron!" Optimus stated, leveling his sword at Megatron's neck cables.

Megatron snarled. "You are weak! Cybertron would be doomed under your rule!"

"I would not rule-"

Megatron didn't catch the rest of Optimus's lame excuse as Soundwave dropped him through a groundbridge and back into the Nemesis.

"My lord! Do you require-"

Knockout was cut off as Megatron shoved his face into the wall angrily and walked away.

"My face!" Knockout whisper yelled to himself before running to the med bay in horror.

Megatron growled and marched to his berthroom, swinging open the door. He immediately located Roxy laying on her back on his nightstand.

"Your plan failed, child." He snarled, walking toward her. "The Autobots still attacked me, despite the human in my grasp."

Roxy did not respond.

Megatron growled again. "Do not give me the silent treatment. Remember who I am and what I can do."

Roxy continued to face away from him and Megatron stepped up to the nightstand in annoyance.

"What is your malfunction?" He demanded.

Silence.

Megatron picked up the human and frowned. She was limp in his grasp, completely unconscious, despite the jostling motions he had made. Megatron shook her lightly.

"Wake up." He ordered.

Roxy did not.

He huffed and turned around, disregarding the new datapad sitting on his berth. Megatron found his way back to Shockwave's lab and dropped the human on the table.

"It's broken." He stated, looking at the scientist for an explanation.

"Did Knockout not bring your datapad to your berthroom?" Shockwave questioned.

"Does it matter?" Megatron demanded. "Fix the human."

Shockwave picked her up. "I am unable to do so."

"Why?"

Shockwave stared at Megatron. "The human's body has been infected with dark energon. First by radiation, which did not seem to have caused any damage. Although, it did seem to have helped her build a resistance to when it somehow entered her system."

"And?"

"And so instead of dying, your human built up a resistance and adapted to the substance. It integrated with her bio-circuitry and now the human's systems depend on it. Using your dark energon bond in such an intense way wore down the small amount in her systems." Shockwave explained.

"That explanation was completely meaningless to me." Megatron growled. "I want her fixed."

Shockwave nodded. "Then the logical solution would be to give the human more dark energon, but you confiscated my supply and ordered all Decepticons to never touch it again after the incident."

"Ah."

Megatron grabbed the human back from Shockwave.

"And how much will she require?"

"A small amount." Shockwave stated.

"Good." Megatron turned around and left the lab with the human in his hand.

So the dark energon created their connection. Megatron tilted his head in thought. That seemed logical, considering the connection it gave him to other beings, none of which were usually alive...

He entered his berthroom once more and fetched an energon cube. Megatron sat down and stared at the human in his palm for a moment.

How was he supposed to get her to drink it while she was unconscious? Humans did not have fuel valves.

Megatron carefully used his other hand to pry open her mouth, taking precautions not to cut her with his sharp fingers. Then Megatron dipped his finger in the toxic substance and got to work.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

Roxy felt like... she'd been hit my a car. Again.

She moaned and tried to sit up, but something heavy and metallic was on her. She lifted her head up and saw that she was laying on top of Megatron's chest with his hand holding her firmly in place.

The warlord himself had his eyes closed, that is until he heard Roxy making a noise. He opened his eyes just as she turned to look at his face. Roxy let out a squeak of surprise.

Megatron sat up. "You are more alive."

"Duh." Roxy looked down at her clothes, frowning at her shirt, which was stained purple. The same color of that purple liquid Megatron bled.

"What happened?" She demanded, looking up at him.

"You kept choking." Megatron shrugged, standing up and heading for the door with Roxy in hand.

"What do you- You put that stuff inside of me!?" She screeched.

"Shockwave told me to."

Roxy stared at him. "You think that makes me feel better!?"

"I am not trying to comfort you. In fact, I am displeased that your plan failed. Arcee still shot me." Megatron informed her.

"Did you just change subject!?" Roxy demanded. "YOU PUT AN ALIEN FUEL DOWN MY THROAT!"

A pair of vechicon soldiers walking down the hallway flinched back at Roxy's sudden outburst and then quickly scurried away.

"I don't see the problem."

Roxy yanked on a chunk of her hair aggressively, opening and closing her mouth as she tried to find words for her frustration.

Megatron ignored her and sat on his throne, acknowledging Soundwave's absence. They were alone.

"What do you want from me now?" Roxy demanded.

Megatron glanced down at her momentarily. "Nothing."

"So are you going to kill me?" She asked. "Now that I've outgrown my use."

"Oh no." Megatron smiled. "You still have plenty of use left in you. I simply need to teach you to stay alive first."

"I can stay alive just fine." She glared.

"Not anymore." Megatron smirked. "I'm no Shockwave, but as far as I am aware, you'll need dark energon to stay alive from now on."

"You mean the purple stuff?" She growled. "That's what made me sick in the first place!"

"Not sick." Megatron corrected. "Your body was simply adjusting to the presence of another mind."

"What do you mean?" Roxy demanded.

Megatron stood up again, picking Roxy up and leaving the room. "All cybertronians require energon as fuel to live. Dark energon is the opposite, known as the blood of Unicron. It can bring the dead back to life."

"So not only did you put an alien fuel in me, it was some crazy voodoo fuel too." Roxy crossed her arms.

Megatron sighed. "I don't know what voodoo is. Shut up and let me finish."

They entered the energon storage room and Roxy's eyes widened at all the glowing blue crystals.

"My body is filled with dark energon, making me stronger and more powerful. With it, I can control the dead. And since you have it in your system, we are connected."

"What do you mean, 'connected'?" Roxy narrowed her eyes.

Megatron smirked and leaned toward her.

"Connected." He spoke into her mind.

Roxy's eyes widened. "What- what- what did you..."

"So wherever you go now..." Megatron spoke into her mind. "I will be with you."

Roxy stepped backward in his palm in horror, but Megatron raised up his fingers, stopping her in her tracks.

"Regret threatening me now?" He asked smugly.

"Stop." Roxy shivered. "Use your voice."

"Or what?"

"I- I..." She trailed off.

"Good then." Megatron smirked, stepping out of the storage room. "Although your previous plan failed, I was able to realize how much the Autobots treasure their personal pets."

Roxy stared at him. Was he really just going to dismiss that revelation so thoughtlessly?

"So I'm suggesting an exodus. For you." He grinned. "To the Autobot base."

Roxy blinked.

"Think you're tough enough to pull it off?" Megatron challenged.

There was a moment of silence.

Megatron frowned. "Speak."

"What do you expect me to say?" Roxy asked bitterly.

"That you accept the mission."

She sneered. "Did I have a choice?"

"No."

Roxy scoffed and turned around, facing away from the warlord.

"I'm the leader of the Decepticons, human. Were you expecting me to make a fair deal with you?" Megatron questioned.

Roxy turned back to him suddenly and snarled. "I thought the bomb would take care of you if things went sideways! So no, scrapheap! I absolutely expected this!"

"Then why are you so angry?" Megatron hissed.

She kicked his finger aggressively. "I hate this ship. I hate your army. I hate your war! I HATE YOU!"

Megatron raised an eyeridge at her in surprise. "Is your tantrum over yet?"

Roxy shook angrily. "You took me away from my home, away from my life, and away from everything I've ever known. I think I'm allowed to have a tantrum!"

"Well it's annoying. I would prefer it if you shut up."

"Well I would prefer it if you took me home!" She yelled.

Megatron rolled his eyes. "You and I both know that will not happen."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 594 28
Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, had landed on Earth to continue fighting the war that started on Cybertron. Three years later and after he rec...
112K 3.3K 32
You. The heir to the Decepticon throne. You, one of the most dangerous Decepticons alive. You wish one wasn't true. The other never was. Y...
78.6K 2.4K 46
".. Is this really what you desire?" Amy Scarlet, a 17 year old girl who could possess everything a regular teenage girl needs. A house, loving Mothe...
63.4K 1.9K 17
{{ FINISHED }} {{ BOOK TWO OF - PRIME: READY OR NOT }} Two years have passed, and the Witwicky household takes the time to regroup themselves. Megatr...