Sword Art Online: The Swords...

By IcetheHedgehog06

What if Yuuki was a player of Sword Art Online? What would've happened if she had a role in the Death Game... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: When Midnight and Dusk Collide
Chapter 2: Red-Nosed Reindeer
Chapter 3: Swords of Night and Dusk
Chapter 4: A Crime Within the Wall
Chapter 5: Illusionary Avenger
Chapter 7: The Sword Dance of Night and Dusk
Chapter 7: The Blue Eyed Demon
Chapter 11: Crimson Killing Intent
Chapter 12: The Girl of Morning Dew
Chapter 13: Yui's Heart
Chapter 14: Edge of Hell's Abyss
Chapter 15: The End of the World
Author's Note (Other Books)

Chapter 6: Temperature of the Heart

182 5 0
By IcetheHedgehog06

"There we are." said a girl in pink hair and a red dress, giving Asuna's new rapier.

"Thanks, Liz." said Asuna.

"No problem."

The Vice Commander then left.

Later...

"Hello?" said Kirito, knocking on the desk in the blacksmith area, "Hello?"

"Hello." said Liz, "I'm the blacksmith here. What is it that you need?"

"Wait, YOU'RE the blacksmith?"

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

"Nothing really, I mean...you don't...uh...APPEAR like one."

"A friend of mine said this can attract more customers."

"Oh."

"Now that we got that aside, what would you need?"

"I need the best sword you have."

"Mind if you be more specific."

"Oh, right. Something to last at least as long as this."

Kirito took out his newest weapon and gave it to Liz. The weapon had spikes for a hilt and a black and white trimmed theme. Liz's eyes widened in shock.

"An Elucidator!" she said, "Wh-where did you get this?!"

"On Floor 50, from a monster and-" said Kirito.

"Lucky!"

"So...what do you think?"

"Hmm..."

Liz went around the shop, she then found a rapier and took it from the shelf.

"Here, this is the best sword here." she said, handing Kirito the weapon, "It's my masterpiece."

"Hmm..." said Kirito.

A Masterpiece, huh? Thought Kirito, Could work. He then did a few swings. It felt terribly unbalanced.

"It's a little light." he said, giving an uncertain look on his face.

"Should be." said Liz, "I used up a lot of speed-type metal to make it. Lacks strength for durability though."

"Hmm...mind if I test it?"

"Sure."

Kirito then took Elucidator in his left and and took the rapier in her right, he then built up the sword's power skill, ready to slash down.

"Don't blame at me if it breaks your Elucida-" said Liz with confidence.

But the rapier broke against the black sword's steel. Liz's face went to a sort of crying and shocking state.

"Sorry..." said Kirito, putting on a face that people would usually look once they accidentally break things, "...I-I'll pay for the damages. Uh, Miss?"

"Sorry. I'm Liz by the way." said Liz, whipping her tears away and shaking Kirito's hand, "I was just thinking that if I sold you my 'Masterpiece', I'm sure that nobody would come around anymore. But just to be clear..."

Liz started to squeeze Kirito's hand. His expression darkening a little.

"If I had the right materials, I can shatter your weapon to tiny...little...pieces." she said darkly.

Liz looked at Kirito, who looked back at her, looking at Liz in the eyes, not even flinching at Liz's attempt to squeeze his hand.

"Now that's the kind of weapon I need." he said, not even showing that he was in ANY pain.

Liz's eyes widened. I lost. she thought. Kirito then lets go of his hand.

"Well, either way, you are gonna help me throughout this, every step." said Liz.

"Alright, slash." said Kirito, crossing his arms.

"Huh?"

"You know, when people say, 'Alright, shoot.' when it comes to giving information. But since there are no guns in SAO, and since we're rebuilding a sword..."

"Oh, gotcha. Back to this, there's a dragon on Floor 55 on the western side. This dragon eats crystals. And I'm going with you."

"It'll be dangerous."

"I'm a master macer. And besides, only a master Blacksmith like myself can harvest it properly. So...don't underestimate me."

"Harvest the good crystals, or the cracked ones?"

"Really?"

Kirito laughed. The three then started to head out.

"Wait." said Kirito, "What about you're place?"

"Only got one friend who'd get worried about me." said Liz, "But we'll be back before she even comes back."

June 25, 2024 Floor 55: Western Mountain

Liz was sneezing every few moments ever since they got to the snowy mountain.

"You gonna be okay with those clothes?" asked Kirito.

"This is my best non-armor." said Liz, "But what about you?"

"I spent quite a long time here. You can say that I trained my mind to not really notice ANY temperature changes."

"Seriously?! Just...j-just how hardcore are you?!"

"Very.  Here, take these."

Kirito handed Liz a cold resistant coat.

"That's betterrrrr..." she said as she put it on.

"Liz, take out your crystal." said Kirito suddenly.

"H-huh?" replied Liz.

Kirito pointed in the sky, an ice-white dragon flew in the air.

"Telepot when I say so." said Kirito, taking out his sword, "No questions."

"I'm not a noob-" said Liz, feeling offended, but Kirito jumped on ahead, "Ugh..."

"Stay behind those crystals!"

The dragon soon came down, shooting a beam Kirito. Liz was about to call out, but it was as if the Black Swordsmen read her mind, because he had already blocked the beam with his weapon and slashed at the beast's wing. But then the dragon headed down for Liz. It summoned an ice beam at her. Liz got behind a giant crystal, but the impact was too much for the crystal. Liz's heart sank the minute she saw it go down into the yellow zone. Then the dragon swooped down, ready to finish her off, but Liz was grabbed by Kirito, and soon, she was carried to safety. But suddenly, everything went black.

Later...

Kirito woke to the sound of Liz's seemingly echoing voice.

"Wake up!" she continued to scream.

"Mmm..." the Black Swordsman groaned, "...ouch...what happened?"

"We fell."

"Where?"

"In this hole." 

The girl was right, they were in a hole. Kirito got up. He studied the walls of the hole. He then started to sprint up. But the attempt to escape failed. Kirito decided that they should sleep for the night. Liz and Kirito slept next to each other. Liz explained a bit of her past about being with three guild members. They went to get a rare ore to forge a strong weapon. But they never came back, Liz stayed behind, because she was frightened of going. Kirito then grabbed Liz's hand, showing comfort.

"I'll protect you." he said with a smile as he looked back at Liz, "Just like your friends would."

The Next Morning...

Liz woke up to see Kirito digging a hole in the ground.

"What're you doing?" she asked.

"Finding this." said Kirito, handing a blueish crystal to Liz, who used her smiting skill to identify the object.

"This is...the...special metal that...we've...been looking for?"

"Yup."

"What's it doing down here?"

"This isn't a player trap. The dragon's NEST."

"What does that make this stuff then?"

"That's the dragon's excrement, it's poop."

"Eww! Gross!"

"That's the least of your worries, Liz. Look up."

Liz did as she was ordered after she placed the "disgusting" ore in her inventory. Her face dropped at the sight of the dragon, their old friend. She was suddenly grabbed by Kirito.

"What're you-?" she asked.

"No time!" replied Kirito, "Hold on, tight!"

Kirito then started to sprint up again. He back flipped, not letting go of Liz and stabbed the beast's back. The dragon took off at great speed, and Liz closed her eyes.

"Liz!" shouted Kirito.

Liz felt the wind, rushing against her entire body. She opened her eyes, she then saw that they seemed to be falling. She turned to see Kirito, smiling.

"We're gonna be fine!" he shouted so his voice could overcome the wind's sound.

"Kirito!" said Liz, "I love you!"

"What?!"

Kirito couldn't hear thought, but Liz didn't care as she hugged the Black Swordsman.

Five Days Later...

June 30th, 2024 Floor 48: Lindas

Kirito, and Liz left the Teleportation Hub and go to the Blacksmith shop.

"A one-handed long sword correct?" asked Liz with a smile.

"Yup." said Kirito as he followed her.

After Liz and Kirito forged the new sword called, "Dark Repulsor", Liz was soon greeted by a hug. The person who hugged her finally lets go, revealing that Liz's huger was Asuna.

"A-asuna?!" she asked in shock.

"Where have you been?" said Asuna with a concerned look on her face, "I messaged you like at least fives times, but you never answered."

"Oh...sorry. I got...stuck in a dungeon."

"By yourself?!"

"Well...not exactly."

"Who can be so reckless and-?"

Asuna saw Kirito. Her face went to an annoyed, "Of course" face.

"Kir-" she said.

"Kirito!" shouted a voice.

Kirito was suddenly hugged by Yuuki.

"Hello, Yuuki." laughed Kirito.

"Y-you two...know each other?" asked Liz gazing at Kirito and Yuuki and the way that Yuuki was hugging Kirito.

"We're both on the Assult Team." said Yuuki.

"We're The Swords of Night and Dusk." said Kirito.

"So...why were you with him." said Asuna to Liz, pointing at Kirito.

Liz looked at Kirito. Wanting to tell Asuna about the masterpiece. But she decided to play it cool. But before she could a thing, Kirito interrupted her.

"I sort of broke her masterpiece sword." said Kirito as he scratched his back, "I tested it to see if it would survive at least one slash, unfortunately, it didn't."

"You what?!" said Asuna in shock, "Kirito, Liz worked SO hard on that thing! If only if I took it before you had to-!"

"It would've been your death.  That sword broke instantly."

"He only testing it, dummy." said Yuuki with a protesting face, "No need to yell at my best friend for that.  He was being honest you know."

"Well this best friend broke MY best friends masterpiece sword"

"And I'm defending him while you were yelling at him!"

"Why you little-!"

"I'm sorry." said Liz, rather suddenly.

"Why're you apologizing for?" asked everyone.

"I...I-I have to get supplies...I'll be back!"

Liz ran out with tears in her eyes. Asuna tells Kirito and Yuuki to watch over the place.  Asuna found Liz at a small park area with a small grassland, few trees, ponds, next to a bridge.

"How'd you...find me here?" asked Liz.

"I know you too well, Liz." said Asuna, kneeling down on one knee, "This is EXACTLY where you were when you finally excepted what happened to your guild. Every time YOU'RE here, I know that you're NOT taking things like THIS very well."

"It's just that...ever since this whole freaking thing started...I alwasy thought...all I wanted...was to die...but my guild-members saved me from that...but...when they were gone...I felt so alone...then I met you...but when it came to Kirito, he mentioned that...I should appreciate the fact that I'm alive...he was like all of my...friends combined into one...you know...but I can see that he already has...her..."

"Oh, Liz...I'm sorry..."

"Oh, come on, don't tell me that YOU don't see it..."

Asuna was confused.  She then placed two and two together.

"Well...I'LL say is that she's not gonna just him over." said Asuna, looking down.

"Oh, I know...I wouldn't want her to either...I would be a terrible friend..." said Liz, taking Asuna's hand, "...and...you better tell her to act fast...or someone else will get lucky. Please...end this thing..."

"We will...I promise."

The two headed back to Liz's shop. Finding Kirito and Yuuki, talking. They then saw Liz.   And Kirito ran to her.

"You okay?" he asked with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Kirito?"said Liz.

"Yeah?"

"From now, on, if you and Yuuki need your clothing, armor, weapons, items, gear fixed, I am most delighted to help you, from now on I am now your exclusive Blacksmith."

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

Hope you liked this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

655 15 33
Throughout this game, there have been losses, lessons, and much more. To Kirito, however, there were now friends that he could look after. This final...
673 12 5
Kyo Kaneko, first year student at the Iluna Institute and, ironically enough, part of a small group of students called Iluna, consisting of himself...
46.8K 655 26
Alice Zuberg is a sheltered girl who is highly intellegent and very athletic, but has bad trust issues with romance do to a childhood accident. One d...
192K 3.2K 76
Y/N L/N was a young man who loved to be in the virtual world. He would then play a game called Sword Art Online. But there was an incident. A man nam...