𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑...

By prxttybuttxrfly

𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝... the youngest princess of king triton leaves her kingdom in order to... More

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water
𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄꜱ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘻𝘦𝘳𝘰... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲
𝘼𝘾𝙏 1
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦... 𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗽𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘀
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰... 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦... 𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳... 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦... 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵𝘆
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯... 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗹𝗹
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗿
𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦... 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘄𝗶𝗺
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽𝘄𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲!
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗹

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹... 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲

708 19 0
By prxttybuttxrfly

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water

👑

AFTER THE INCIDENT AT THE 'MISS SEA QUEEN PAGEANT', IT WAS SAFE TO SAY THAT NO ONE ELSE HAD FIGURED OUT THAT THE FOUR GIRLS WERE MERMAIDS. their secret was safe and out of everyone, only lewis knew the secret behind the four girls.

whilst emma and rikki were helping lewis and cleo was working at the marine park, alexa decided to attend the clean up at the beach rally since people had decided to drop their rubbish rather than bin it (like you were supposed to).

she had a bin bag in her hand and yellow gloves on her hands as she picked up pieces of rubbish that had been distributed all over the sand. 

"alexa!" emma yelled which gained the attention of the brunette.

at the mention of her name, alexa turned around and noticed emma and byron walking up to her, "hey guys!" she greeted, "i'm assuming you guys are here for the clean up the beach rally, am i correct?"

"that's right, alexa." byron chimed in, "where can we get a bin bag and yellow gloves?" he inquired, gesturing to the apparatus the brunette had.

alexa answered, "it's just over there where that set of tables are with the banners advertising the beach clean up."

"awesome, thanks alexa." byron thanked the rooney. he turned to face emma, "i'll go get us some equipment, i'll be right back." he said before he walked away.

alexa rose an eyebrow in question, "i thought you and rikki were helping lewis take his stuff up to where his brother works so he could fix the water system. where's rikki?"

emma replied, "rikki is looking after my brother."

alexa blinked in surprise, "are you sure that's a good idea, em? you know that rikki doesn't exactly do well with kids."

emma shrugged, "i trust her. and i was planning on coming to the beach rally anyway but i had to take elliot to his surfing lesson."

"surfing lesson?" alexa repeated, "did you go in the water?" she inquired worriedly.

"of course not. the first surfing lessons are always on the sand." emma stated like it was obvious.

alexa sighed in relief, "that's good."

byron made his presence known when he walked up to the two girls with two bin bags and two pairs of yellow gloves, "i've got the stuff, lets go." he said to emma.

before emma could reply to bryon, a familiar voice announced his presence, "byron, hey man!"

bryon smiled at niall before they shook hands and embraced one another in a bro-hug which caused alexa and emma's eyes to widen in surprise.

"you two know each other?" emma questioned the two boys as they detached from the hug.

bryon answered the blonde, "i met him in pe. this guy is talented at sports." he wrapped his arm around niall's shoulder.

niall chuckled, "and this guy is an incredible swimmer."

"alright then. the beach isn't going to clean up itself." alexa told the group and emma nodded.

"but i haven't introduced you guys. niall. this is emma—" he gestured to the blonde, "and that's alexa—" he gestured to the brunette, "girls, this is niall."

emma smiled politely, "it's nice to meet you, niall."

alexa had a small smile on her face, "hello."

"and we meet once again, speedy." niall stated with a wide smile on his face.

"and it seems you're right. lets clean up this beach, it won't be cleaned on its own." alexa said as she adjusted her yellow gloves on her hands.

bryan told the group, "awesome. emma and i will go to the left side of the beach. niall and alexa, you guys take the right side of the beach. we'll meet up in half an hour, how's that?"

the group nodded their heads in agreement.

bryan clapped his hands, "great. we'll see you guys soon. bye."

"bye, lex." emma waved goodbye to the brunette before she walked away with bryan.

niall turned to face the rooney, "looks like its just the two of us, speedy."

"lovely. lets get to work." alexa said blankly before she walked off to the right side of the beach and began to pick up the rubbish that was left on the sand.

"don't you want to get to know me?" niall questioned as he remained stood behind alexa whilst she was picking up the rubbish from the sand.

as alexa was picking up the rubbish and placing it in the bin bag, she ignored the question and replied, "less talking and more helping, new guy."

niall chuckled, "wow. an academic student. check—" he drew a tick in the air, "talented at art. check—" he drew another tick in the air, "and an ignorant person. check—" he drew one final tick in the air with his finger.

alexa rolled her eyes in annoyance before she stood up from her seat, "i'm not ignorant. i'm simply just doing what we came here to do. to clean up the beach."

niall knelt on his knees and picked up the rubbish before he placed it in the bin bag, "we might as well get to know each other." he suggested with a shrug of his shoulders.

"i'm alexa. i'm the youngest in my family. i have seven older sisters. i paint." alexa listed as she made her way back to the original spot where she and niall would meet with bryon and emma.

niall blinked in shock, "seven sisters? wow, that's a pretty big family."

alexa shrugged her shoulders with a small smile on her face as she thought about her family that was back in atlantica kingdom (excluding her sister ariel who was also exploring the world), "i'm used to it. we're all close."

"that sounds amazing." niall stated quietly as he looked down at the sand. before alexa could ask if he was alright, he noticed emma and byron making their way towards the two. they both had a bin bag that was full of rubbish so he quickly changed the topic, "maybe one day you can teach me to paint." niall said with a soft smile on his face.

alexa noticed that niall didn't have a smirk or grin on his face as per usual. this time, it was a genuine smile which made alexa's heart beat speed up. she had no idea why but she liked niall's smile, "someday." alexa simply said with a smile on her face.

the two stared intently at one another with smiles on their faces, neither one daring to break eye contact with the other until byron announced his presence, "wow, you guys got a lot of rubbish." he stated, not noticing that the two staring at one another.

hearing byron's voice snapped niall and alexa from their staring contest. niall put a hand through his hair whilst alexa lightly cleared her throat and turned to face byron with a small smile on her face.

emma smirked at alexa as she caught her and niall staring at one another. she announced happily to the group, "now, the beach is clean." she gestured to their surroundings.

"that's amazing! good job, guys!" alexa complimented the group with a huge smile on her face.

"now, we just gotta hope that it doesn't get trashed again." niall stated.

emma rolled her eyes, "what a lovely way to ruin the hard work we've done."

niall put his hands up in the air with a cheeky grin, "i'm simply stating what would most likely happen."

byron let out a laugh before he patted niall on the back, "well, we did what we came here to do. i'm teaching niall how to surf. i'll see you girls, later." he waved to the two girls before he walked away.

"see you around, emma." niall said to the blonde before he turned to face the brunette, "bye speedy."

"i suggest you go to byron before you loose him. you don't want to be late for your surfing lesson." alexa told the henderson with a small smile.

niall began to walk backwards from the two girls with his eyes fixated on the brunette with his arms up in mock surrender, "i'm going! i'm going! see you around, speedy." he said before he turned around and ran after byron.

"you and niall are so cute." emma gushed with a smile on her face.

alexa stared at emma blankly, "speaking of new guy. i can't believe you and rikki left me with him at the miss sea queen pageant."

emma lightly laughed at alexa's words as she thought back to the 'miss sea queen' pageant when niall walked up to her, rikki and alexa and started a conversation with the brunette, "in my defense, you handled yourself pretty well."

alexa rolled her eyes before a small smile appeared on her face, "thanks for the compliment, i guess." she teased the blonde, "how was it spending some alone time with byron?"

"it was so much fun. he's such a great guy, lex." emma told the brunette. before she could continue talking about byron, her phone pinged which indicated that she got a message. she took out her phone from her pocket and read the message before she typed a reply. she placed her phone back in her pocket and sent the brunette an apologetic smile, "i have to go. my parents want me back home. i'll see you tomorrow, lex." she waved to the brunette before she walked away.

once alexa made sure that emma was out of her sight, she made her way to her place. the one where she'd leave her belongings under a palm tree to go swimming in her mermaid form. alexa looked around the beach and made sure no one was around before she took off her necklace and dove into the blue pristine water and then swam away at full mermaid speed which left a line of bubbles in its path.

👑

IT TURNED OUT THAT LEAVING RIKKI ON HER OWN TO TAKE CARE OF ELLIOT WASN'T A GOOD IDEA. when emma and byron left rikki on her own to help out at the clean up at the beach rally with alexa and niall, elliot went out into the water. he thought that he'd be strong enough to handle the waves but he was proven wrong. he wanted to show rikki his surfing skills since byron had been teaching him but he fell off his board. rikki took a risk and went into the water thus turning into a mermaid and saved elliot from drowning. luckily, she left before he could question her about the incident.

alexa was relieved to hear that elliot was alright after what had happened but she can't help but feel uneasy. their secret was at risk of being discovered once again. it was so hard to lie to the people around her but they had to lie to others to protect themselves from what could possibly happen if word got out that mermaids exist.

emma messaged the brunette which said to come over as soon as possible so the four girls could discuss what happened with elliot and rikki which was how the brunette found herself in the gilbert household.

"i understand you took a calculated risk, rikki but wow, we can't risk turning into mermaids on a public beach." cleo reasoned with the blonde as the four girls entered emma's bedroom. once the four girls were inside emma's bedroom, the gilbert shut the door so that no one could overhear their conversation.

"elliot's home safe, there is no drama." rikki stated in exasperation, "can we please drop this?" she questioned the three girls.

"of course, rikki. what matters is that elliot is alright. something could've happened to him and you prevented it by saving him in time." alexa assured the chadwick with a reassuring smile.

emma nodded her head in agreement to the rooney's words and added, "just be careful next time."

"i'm always careful, mum." rikki remarked in exasperation as she made her way over to lean on emma's desk whilst alexa, emma and cleo sat on emma's bed.

as rikki placed her hand on emma's desk to lean on, she accidentally knocked a glass of water all over emma's geography assignment.

"my geography assignment." emma exclaimed in horror, her eyes widened at the sight. she complained, "rikki, i was almost finished. it took me hours."

rikki placed the empty glass on the table before she questioned incredulously, "we only got that assignment yesterday, and you're almost done?"

alexa reasoned, "it's just better to get assignments over and done with the moment it's set."

whilst emma gently blew on the paper so the water could dry, cleo nodded her head in agreement before she corrected rikki, "she was almost done." she smiled innocently.

"thanks to you i'll have to start from scratch." emma bitterly commented as she looked at her soaked geography assignment.

"it was an accident, em. i'm sure rikki didn't intentionally mean to knock the glass of water onto your assignment." alexa attempted to reason with the gilbert which caused emma to cross her arms and pout whilst rikki smiled at the rooney gratefully for sticking up for her.

rikki pulled out some tissues that were on emma's desk and began to blot the paper to dry off emma's geography assignment as a way to recover it from being completely ruined.

emma warned rikki, "no, don't. you'll blur it."

rikki placed the tissues onto the desk, "ok, wait." her right hand hovered above emma's geography assignment before she clenched her fingers so that her powers would dry off emma's geography assignment. for a moment, it looked like it was working, "see? no need to stress." she stated smugly. however, the longer that rikki had used her power, it had resulted in emma's geography assignment being completely burnt into a brown crispy sheet of paper, "oops."

emma's eyes widened in surprise before she turned to face the chadwick. she repeated in disbelief, "oops?"

"it was an accident." rikki defended herself.

"wait. maybe i can reverse it—" cleo began before she was cut off by the rooney.

alexa cut in, "cleo, i don't think that's a good idea."

cleo continued, "i'll put some water molecules back in." she turned to face the rooney and assured, "it'll be fine, lex." she held her right hand out towards emma's geography assignment only for it to make it worse and emma's geography assignment could no longer be retrieved.

alexa ran a hand through her hair in frustration before she took a deep breath to calm herself down. she stated calmly, "you should've listened to me, cleo."

"oops?" cleo questioned as she looked at emma with guilt consuming her body. she felt bad that she couldn't use her power to recover emma's geography assignment after she put so much effort into it.

"cleo." emma scolded the sertori.

cleo wrapped her arm around emma's neck. she reasoned, "all of us excluding lex are still learning how to use our powers, em."

"practise makes perfect." alexa added.

"then we've all got to get better. fast." emma concluded as she stared at her friends.

"you girls will always have me. i will be here to help you guys every step of the way." alexa promised the three girls which earned appreciative smiles from the three girls.

the moment was ruined by a knock on the door of emma's bedroom, "yeah, come in." emma replied as she turned to face the front door of the room to see who it was.

alexa turned around to see that it was elliot. he greeted the four girls, "hi." he entered the room with his hands behind his back. he looked at the chadwick, "rikki, this is for you." he held out a card which had a pink background and multiple coloured hearts drawn on and coloured in colours varying from red, orange and hot pink.

"elliot, that's so nice." emma complimented her brother.

alexa gushed, "that's so thoughtful of you, elliot."

emma inquired to the chadwick, "isn't it nice, rikki?"

rikki walked over to elliot and took the hand-made card from his hand, "yeah, that's... that's great. thanks." rikki stammered as she sent elliot a small yet awkward smile.

"do you wanna come play my new 3d skate game?" elliot asked the chadwick.

"she'd love to." emma answered for rikki.

rikki cut in, "except that i have to... be somewhere. right about now, actually—" she gestured to the wristwatch on her right wrist, "sorry, see ya." rikki made her way to the door that led out of emma's bedroom.

before rikki could leave, elliot stopped her, "wait." he moved his right hand out from behind his back to reveal a box of chocolates, "i got you these as well." 

rikki looked at the box of chocolate in her hand, "oh. chocolates. yum. thanks." she thanked the younger gilbert.

in the moment, alexa felt awkward in the position that she was in. it was the same with cleo and emma, "this is so awkward." alexa muttered to the two girls who were still sat on emma's bed whilst rikki and elliot conversed with one another, "i think i'm going to leave now. are you going to be alright here, em?"

emma nodded her head in agreement, "yeah, i'll be fine. i'll talk to elliot and rikki. i'll see you girls tomorrow." she got off her bed and walked up to elliot and rikki whilst they talked to one another.

meanwhile, cleo and alexa got off emma's bed and made their way out of emma's bedroom and down the stairs before they left the gilbert household. 

👑

EMMA HAD INFORMED CLEO AND ALEXA ABOUT HER CONVERSATION WITH HER BROTHER LAST NIGHT. the three girls were sat in the juicenet cafe on a silver circled table as they talked about what happened last night when cleo and alexa left the gilbert household.

"i think elliot has fallen in love with rikki." emma told the two girls as she switched her gaze between alexa and cleo incase she noticed any changes in their facial expressions .

alexa widened her eyes in surprise, "all because of rikki saving him yesterday?" she questioned in shock which earned a nod of the head from emma as she covered her face with her hands.

"this just gets worse and worse." cleo chimed in as she leaned her head on her hand as she shook her head, "how could this happen?"

alexa shrugged, "you can't control who you fall for. but i'm thinking he only likes her because she saved him and he feels like he has to express his gratitude in an extravagant way." she pointed out.

emma was about to answer the brunette when she noticed rikki entering the cafe. she noticed the three girls sat on a silver circled table so she made her way over. she sat in the empty seat next to cleo. no one said a word to one another, it was utterly silent between the four girls.

however, rikki broke the silence, "is there something you wanted to say to me?"

before anyone could answer rikki's question, elliot took a chair from an empty table and moved the chair in between rikki and emma so he could sit down between the two blondes.

"well, um, no." emma denied although she didn't sound completely confident in her response.

"when exactly did we become babysitters?" rikki questioned as she turned her head to gesture to elliot who was sitting quite close to her.

emma, who wanted her brother to leave so that the four girls could talk privately, began, "elliot, can you just—"

before emma could finish, she was cut off by wilfred who was serving the group's drinks, "two verve juices, two mango smoothies and a banana sundae."

"thanks for the mango smoothie, wilfred." alexa thanked the owner as she sent him a grateful smile before she took a sip of her drink.

"of course, alexa. enjoy the drinks." wilfred answered. he turned to face elliot, "so did your girlfriend like the chocolates?"

alexa began to cough at the question wilfred asked which caused cleo to pat her back to stop her from coughing. the rooney sent a thankful smile to the sertori before she picked up a tissue and cleaned her face.

meanwhile, rikki, who was previously taking a sip of her verve juice ended up spluttering her drink in shock.

wilfred continued, "he's a right gentleman this one, came in with his piggy bank and spent every cent he had." he chuckled, "she must be quite a girl."

"she sure is." elliot confirmed with a bright smile on his face which earned a wink from wilfred before he walked away.

once wilfred has left, rikki addressed the three girls, "we need to talk." elliot assumed that rikki was also referring to him so he stood up from his chair but rikki demanded, "stay." she stood up form her seat and made her way to the other side of the cafe with emma and alexa following shortly behind the chadwick. soon enough, cleo made her way over to the three girls.

as cleo made her way over to the three girls, she said, "it's so sweet, he has a crush on you."

"yeah, sweet like a lemon." rikki remarked in exasperation with her arms crossed, she turned to face emma, "did you know about this?" she asked.

"well, not exactly." emma replied slowly which earned an eye roll from the chadwick, "rikki, don't hurt his—" she began but she was cut off by rikki.

rikki cut emma off, "— don't even think about asking me to humour him. it's not gonna happen."

alexa nodded her head in understanding, "we get it, rikki. but he's a child and he doesn't deserve to experience heartbreak at a young age."

"can you at least be gentle?" emma pleaded with the chadwick with her arms crossed.

"he's a sweet kid." cleo added.

"you're all disturbed." rikki stated as she looked at the three girls, "why is everything 'sweet' and 'nice' all the time?"

"rikki! it's his first crush." emma pointed out, "don't you remember what it was like to be a kid?" she asked.

 "no, and besides, this is just all because i saved his life." rikki told the girls.

"she's not wrong." alexa chimed in, "he just likes her because she saved him from his near death and he's just thankful to be alive. so he's being sweet because he's thankful to you, rikki for saving him."

rikki pointed at the brunette in agreement before she added, "it's like pulling a thorn out of a dog's foot."

"and you'd do that gently, wouldn't you?" emma questioned.

"no, i'd do it fast and hope i didn't get bitten." rikki replied firmly which caused the three girls to go silent.

emma, cleo and alexa all possessed a gentle aura which was why they were so caring and empathetic. as for rikki, she'd always been an individual who spoke her mind and held a fearless stance to the people around her.

rikki revealed to the group, "ok, i don't do the whole 'relationship' thing very well."

"it's not a relationship, he's eleven." cleo pointed out.

"besides, he's only acting like that because he's grateful for you saving him and he's finding a way to repay you." alexa added.

rikki rephrased her previous words, "ok, i don't do the whole 'people liking me' thing very well and people repaying me for my actions."

"what's there to do?" emma questioned in exasperation.

"ok, enough. we can settle this nicely instead of having words being thrown at one another." alexa stated calmly.

rikki sighed in defeat before she said to the three girls, "fine. tell me what to say to get him off my case and i'll say it."

the three girls shared a look as they began to think of what rikki could say to elliot without hurting his feelings. 

"i've got nothing." cleo told rikki as she shrugged her shoulders.

emma added quietly, "me either."

alexa suggested to the group, "since none of us know what to advise rikki to say to elliot, maybe we could go to lewis?"

rikki scoffed at the brunette's suggestion, "lewis? seriously lex?"

alexa knew that rikki would act like that at the mention of the mccartney. alexa sighed but remained calm, "i know you don't like him but he's a guy, maybe he knows what you can say to elliot to get him to back off."

cleo fiddled with her fingers nervously as she agreed with the rooney, "lex has a point."

"let's go then." emma told the group before they left the cafe to find lewis.

👑

EMMA AND RIKKI LED THE TWO BRUNETTES TO LEWIS' OFFICE WHERE A DAY AGO, THE TWO BLONDES WERE HELPING LEWIS CARRY HIS STUFF TO HIS BROTHER'S PLANT NURSERY SINCE LEWIS WAS FIXING THE WATER SYSTEM. alexa was stood beside rikki who was leaning on a desk whilst emma and cleo were standing by the door. 

the four girls told lewis how elliot had went surfing even though rikki specifically told him not to go into the water. this resulted in rikki going into the ocean and she saved him in her mermaid form and left before he could question her. and now, elliot had fallen in love with rikki and she doesn't know what to say to him without hurting his feelings.

"and you're asking me because?" lewis asked after the four girls had informed him on the situation.

"i suggested that since you're a guy, you might be able to advise rikki on any tips to let a guy down slowly." alexa answered as she kept her hands behind her back.

rikki added, "well, we figured you would've been rejected a few times. surely, you'd know a few methods that work."

lewis, who was working on the water system in the office, turned around to face the chadwick. he faked a laugh, "haha."

"i need this up and running, lewis." lenny told his brother.

"yeah, i'm almost there." lewis answered as he continued working on the water system. once he was done, he informed his older brother, "right. everyday at five o'clock, each of the three sections will be watered in one minute intervals."

"that's a bit short, isn't it?" lenny asked his younger brother.

lewis shook his head, "no, no. it'll allow for absorption, so you won't be wasting water. the cycle will repeat twenty times."

"that sounds better. can't have plants going thirsty." lenny answered before he walked away.

"no chance of that." lewis said.

emma questioned tiredly, "lewis, boy advice, please?" she leaned her head on the door frame of the entrance of lewis' office.

"uh, yeah, most guys just wanna know where they stand." lewis advised.

"told you." rikki replied as she switched her gaze between alexa, emma and cleo.

lewis added, "without having to feel like a loser."

"told you." emma mocked the chadwick.

alexa reasoned, "either way, someone is going to get hurt, it's like a rite of passage. but, what matters is you tell them the truth, even though it's going to hurt. the longer you stall for time, the more hurtful the other will be in the end." which earned a nod of agreement from the group.

cleo asked lewis, "will the crush wear off on its own?"

lewis answered quietly, "not in my experience."

"hey, lewis. time is money." lenny told his younger brother as he opened the gate to his nursery.

emma told the older mccartney, "it's ok. we were just leaving." the four girls walked away.

👑

ALEXA WAS IN THE MOON POOL ON MAKO ISLAND. after everything that had happened so far, alexa needed relaxation so she went to the place that she found solace in. the moon pool. she was in her mermaid form as she laid on her back as she stared at the top of the volcano where there was a hole at the top that showed the blue sky.

alexa was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard two people inhaling a breath. she immediately turned around in alarm but she sighed in relief when she realised that it was cleo and emma in their mermaid forms.

"i figured you were here." emma stated as she swam up to the rooney.

"we've been looking everywhere for you but emma figured out you'd be here." cleo added to emma's words.

"well, its quite lovely in here. its so peaceful here. and the place is just completely mesmerising." alexa let out in awe. she noticed the looks on cleo and emma's faces so she asked, "did something happen?"

"we can't find elliot." cleo informed the brunette as she gestured to herself and emma.

"have you seen him?" emma inquired as worry began to fill up her body.

alexa shook her head, "no. i've been here all morning. why, what happened?"

"he never returned home yesterday. it's like... he's ran away." emma trailed off nervously as she began to fear for the worse for her younger brother.

"have you asked rikki?" alexa questioned as she noticed that rikki wasn't with the two girls.

cleo answered, "not yet, we're going to." 

emma asked the rooney, "could you check the oceans if elliot has taken a raft or something and if he's attempting to run away?"

alexa nodded her head, "of course. if i find him, i'll let you girls know."

cleo sent a grateful smile to the rooney, "thanks, lex. me and em and are going to ask rikki if she knows anything."

the three girls dove underwater and under the arc before they went their separate ways. cleo and emma in the direction of the gold coast whilst alexa scoured the oceans to find the younger gilbert.

👑

ALEXA HAD SCOURED THE OCEANS AND THERE WAS SO SIGN OF ELLIOT SO SHE DECIDED TO SWIM TO THE GOLD COAST. she made her way to the spot that she considered hers. she looked around to make sure no one was in sight before she placed her locket around her neck which allowed her to turn back into her human form. she dusted off the sand that was on her clothes before she made her way to the gilbert household. as she made her way in the direction of the gilbert household, she took her phone out of her floral skirt pocket to text emma.

ALEXA

there was no sign of your brother in the ocean. i couldn't find him. i'm sorry, em.

EMMA

it's alright, lex. lewis called me. elliot is at lenny's.

before alexa could send a reply to the gilbert, she noticed cleo and emma running down the street. she placed her phone in her pocket and ran to catch up with the two girls. eventually, the three girls made it to lenny's plant nursery where they noticed rikki and elliot trapped inside lenny's plant nursery with lewis on the opposite side of the gate.

 emma called out her brother's name in relief, "elliot!"

rikki told the group, "found him. but this might turn ugly." she stared at the water sprinkler that was about to go off.

lewis looked at his watch before he informed the group, "you guys have got about twenty seconds before those sprinklers start."

"so, we get wet. what's the big deal?" elliot questioned with confusion etched in his tone.

an idea clicked in rikki's head when she saw a watering can on the floor. she knew that alexa can't turn into a mermaid at the contact of any liquid so she turned to face the rooney and tilted her head subtly at the watering can that was on the floor and alexa nodded her head in understanding.

"is that a lizard?" rikki asked elliot as he grabbed him by the shoulders and led him away from the lock. she was going to distract the younger gilbert until the girls could use their powers to break the lock so she and elliot could get out of the plant nursery.

alexa picked up the watering can from the floor and poured the water all over the automatic lock, "now is your chance to use your power, em. you can do this."

emma sent the rooney a nervous smile before she held her hand out towards the lock to freeze the water that had been spilt over the lock to the point that the lock broke. cleo, emma, lewis and alexa stepped away from the gate so that rikki and elliot could leave.

rikki held onto elliot's hand and they rush out of the plant nursery before either of them could get soaked in water. elliot ran to emma and engulfed her in a hug and relief coursed through emma's veins now that she knew that elliot was safe.

lewis took off his hat and stared at the lock that he had been working on, "i told lenny that lock was gonna be unbreakable. he'll sue me."

"your lock? you locked them in?" cleo questioned incredulously with a hand on her hip.

lewis scoffed and turned around to face cleo, "it's not my fault. at closing time, it locks. it's... it's prone to breakage and i'll have to rectify that."

"what matters is that rikki and elliot are alright." alexa pointed out which earned a nod of agreement from the group.

"you guys are weird." elliot stated. he turned to face rikki, "were you running from the water?"

"yeah. it's, er...." rikki trailed on as she thought of a convincing lie that she could tell elliot, "it's my water-based mascara. it runs everywhere when it's wet."

"girls are weird." elliot said as the group turned around and made their way out of lenny's plant nursery.

emma, who had her arm around elliot's neck, advised the younger gilbert, "elliot, don't ever run away again."

"alright." elliot complied to his older sister.

emma added, "and don't tell mum and dad."

"no way!" elliot exclaimed.

emma ruffles her younger brother's hair, "and don't get a girlfriend until you're old enough." she added.

elliot sighed in defeat, "ok."

he slowed down his walking pace so that he was walking beside rikki whilst alexa, cleo and emma were walking in front of the two. he reached out to hold her hand but rikki was quick to pull away. she told the younger gilbert, "and don't push your luck."

👑

AUTHOR'S NOTE: i don't really have a timetable to tell you all when a chapter is released. i just write whenever i have the chance too and publish it after proof-reading it. alexa and niall are getting close? their love is going to be a slow-burn but it'll all be worth it in the end. i hope you all enjoy this chapter. feel free to vote and comment, see you in the next chapter where the four mermaids discover the power of the full moon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...