The Long Way Home (Dean Winch...

由 winchester-girl67

After a fight with her brother the reader finds herself hitchhiking during a thunderstorm to get home. When t... 更多

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Epilogue

Part 4

462 18 22
由 winchester-girl67

"Hiya, beautiful. Did ya miss me?"

You grabbed onto him when  you saw that it was Dean, your fingers digging into the flesh of his  shoulders, the blood from your palm staining his sleeve as you clung to  him as hard as you could. Shaking and hyperventilating.

"Y/N?"  Dean asked, prying your hands from his shoulders and pushing you away so  he could look you in the eye. A tear escaped down your cheek and you  craned your neck to look behind you, still no sign of Simon. Dean  grabbed your chin, turning you to face him again. "Shh, sweetheart, deep  breath." You shuttered again and sucked in a long breath. "Are you  okay?"

"S-Sim-on," you panted slightly, still trying to catch your breath and ignoring his question.

You just wanted to bury your face in his chest and hide away, but that probably wouldn't solve anything, right?

"Y/N, calm down and tell me what's going on." He pleaded, cupping your face in his big hands.

"I-I  don't know," you answered honestly, thinking he'd probably think you  were out of your mind if you told him any of what your brother was  telling you. "You won't believe me- I-I don't believe me."

"Try me," Dean said, examining the cut on your cheek and brushing away the tear tracks with his thumbs.

"His  eyes, they looked black." You muttered, staring past him at a concerned  Sam who was now climbing out of the passenger seat of Baby. "They were  black like completely black."

"Where is he now, Y/N? Where is  your brother?" Dean asked and you pointed back towards the house. "Okay,  I want you to go stay with Sam and don't leave his side. Can you do  that for me?"

"Uh-huh," you nodded, following Dean back to his car, Sam meeting you both at the trunk as Dean unlocked and opened it.

He  propped open a hidden compartment in the back with a sawed off shotgun,  displaying a myriad of other weapons. Your breath hitched when he  pulled out a silver handgun, a flask, and a blade with some strange  etching and a wooden handle.

Who the hell were these guys? Suddenly, you felt anxious again. He wasn't planning on using that stuff on your brother, was he?

"Sammy, take care of her. Do not leave her alone, do you hear me?" Dean ordered, his little brother nodding knowingly.

"Dean,  wait! What are you going to do?" You questioned, catching his arm and  stopping him as he walked up the path towards the house.

"Just  stay here, you're safe here. I promise I won't let him hurt you again."  He said, pushing you back towards Sam but you resisted.

"He told  me he was a demon. I know demons aren't real, but his eyes- He wasn't  himself, Dean." You tried and failed to explain your rambling thoughts  on how your brother would never intentionally hurt you. He wasn't the  violent type and he was usually the most stable, boringly ordinary  person you knew.

"I'll explain later-"

"No, explain now!"  You were getting frustrated with his lack of a reaction, what you were  saying didn't phase him and he obviously knew more about this than he  was letting on. Maybe the demon had a point, there was more to the  Winchesters than you thought. "Why aren't you freaking out about this?"

"Because  demons are real, Y/N." He stated matter-of-factly, sighing when you  stared up at him dubiously and he gave your shoulders a squeeze.

"You're  going to kill him, aren't you?" You said, shoving away his hands and  hardening your stare. "I can't let you do that. He's my brother."

"I'm sorry but he's not your brother anymore." Dean said, furrowing his brow, his green eyes filling with empathy for you.

"Yes  he is, he- the demon said that Simon was still in there." You argued,  you couldn't just let him hurt your brother, not if that was the truth.

Simon  wasn't exactly in your good books right now, but he was still family  and you loved him. You would do anything for that idiot. Including  entertaining the idea of supernatural explanations for his behaviour.  Something you usually didn't put much merit into. Ghosts, demons,  vampires, anything as such was meant for the movies not real life.

"Y/N,  if your brother is still alive, we'll find a way to save him." Dean  promised, brushing your hair back from your face and tucking it behind  your ear. His fingers lingering for a moment next to the nick on your  cheek as his gaze hardened.

"He knew you were here, he let me go.  So he can't be all bad, right?" You asked, still trying to put things  together. None of it made sense, not in the common term of the word.

"Dean,  something about this doesn't sound right." Sam said, giving you a  dubious look before sharing a knowing one with his brother; doing that  thing they did back at the diner when you knew they were hiding  something from you.

"Sweetheart, hold your hand out for a  second." Dean ordered and you tentatively held out your good palm,  watching as he pulled the flask from his pocket. He unscrewed the cap  and poured a clear liquid over your skin. The water pooled and ran off  between your fingers and onto the path below. "See, Sammy, all good."

"Um, what was that all about?" You asked, wiping off your hand on your jeans and glancing between the boys.

"It's holy water, if you were possessed it would've burned you." Dean explained dryly.

"Possessed?...  Holy water, demons... This is crazy, you guys are crazy. Shit, I must be  crazy. I'm losing my mind, aren't I or maybe I'm dreaming?" You rambled  to yourself mostly, fisting your hair with your good hand and giving it a  good tug just in case it was a dream. It hurt though, so you didn't  think so. "Ow."

"You're not crazy and you're not dreaming. Just  stay with Sam, okay?" Dean waited for you to nod before continuing up  the path towards your brother's house.

"Don't hurt him, De. Please." You shouted after him, Dean giving you one last glance before ducking inside the front door.

"Y/N,"  Sam called and you joined him behind Baby as he ruffled through the  trunk again. "Here, this will keep you safe." He reached out for your  wrist and tied a black braided bracelet around it. There was a tiny  silver pentacle charm hanging from it and you toyed with it as you  examined it. "It's an anti-possession charm, as long as you have this on  no demon can possess you. So in other words, don't ever take it off."

"What  about you?" You questioned, watching as he pulled down the collar of  his shirt exposing an identical design tattooed on the left side of his  chest. "And that actually works?" You asked, he hummed and nodded,  pulling a first aid kit from the trunk.

You leaned up against the  back of the car, letting Sam wrap your injured palm and treat the nick  on your cheek, barely wincing at the sting of the disinfectant. You were  a little embarrassed to mention the scratch on your inner thigh and  figured you'd tend to it later, it wasn't really that bad, your jeans  having taken the brunt of it.

"Thanks, Sam." You smiled shyly at him.

"No  problem, Dean would kill me if I let anything happen to you." He  smiled, stuffing the kit back into the trunk when he was done. "I don't  think I've ever seen him so taken by someone. It's kind of endearing,  seeing him happy for once without faking it."

"I can protect  myself, you know. I'm not completely incapable of doing things." You  scowled, he shut the trunk and glanced back at you a little shocked by  your outburst.

You were starting to feel like all they did was  save you from everything, the side of the road, the tornado, the motel  room, and now your brother. You didn't want either one of them to think  that you were helpless like your brother had described you. Worst of  all, you didn't want to think that about yourself. You wanted to be  strong and willful, and sure the shyness got in the way of that  sometimes but you didn't think of it as an adverse quality.

Most  of the time being shy let you filter out the people in your life that  you were meant to get close to from the ones who were just passing  through. Those who took the time to pull you out of your shell were some  of the most remarkable, down-to-earth people you'd ever met.

With  Sam and especially Dean, you warmed up fast and now you felt like maybe  you were misrepresenting yourself as some sort of damsel in distress.  God, you hoped they didn't think of you like that. You weren't opposed  to a man saving the day, you just didn't want to be entirely helpless  without one. And you wanted to be able to keep up with Dean, you didn't  want him dropping you off somewhere again because it was the easier  option.

"That's not what I meant- I just meant that it's hard to  fight back against something you know nothing about. I'm sure with a  little combat training and lore, you'd make quite the hunter." Sam  insisted, but the compliment was lost on you, only confusing you  further. Hunter?

"Hunter? I thought you guys were in 'contract work'." You said, raising your brow.

"Well, we do take on a case-by-case basis which essentially is contract work. Except we don't technically get paid to do the job." Sam explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh. That makes perfect sense," you rolled your eyes.

"It will after we explain everything."

"No more secrets?" You asked, Sam shook his head, gesturing to cross his heart as a promise.

Dean  wasn't gone for more than a couple of minutes before he emerged from  your brother's house, tucking the strange blade back into the waistband  of his jeans. He didn't seem too worked up and walked over to you and  Sam.

"He's gone. Must've bolted out the back door when Y/N came  running out." He stated, scratching the scruff on his chin and tilting  his head to look up at you through his lashes. "Are you okay?" He asked,  glancing down at your now bandaged hand.

You nodded, letting him  pull you into a hug, slowly wrapping your arms around his waist and  resting your hands on the back of his tense shoulders. He sighed into  your hair and tugged you impossibly closer until you could feel his  heart thump against your cheek and he tucked your head under his chin.

You  never wanted him to let you go again and the feeling seemed mutual when  you pulled him down by his shoulders and pushed up on your tip-toes to  meet his lips with yours. The kiss was soft and supple and a little  slick from how Dean wet his lips in anticipation. He tightened his arms  around you and lifted your body flush against his until you were barely  touching the ground. He half-smiled as he broke the kiss and rested his  forehead to yours as he stared deep into your Y/E/C eyes for a moment.

The  sound of Sam clearing his throat awkwardly caught your attention, the  two of you suddenly aware that he was still there. Dean pressed a chaste  kiss to your hair and pulled away, letting you down onto your feet  gently.

"Shut it, Sammy." Dean warned, watching his little brother smirk and glance away sheepishly.

"Why'd you come back?" You questioned, meeting his emerald eyes again as the sun beamed down on his face making them glow.

You  could spend hours just staring into his eyes, not to mention the  freckles dusting his cheeks and those long eyelashes that tickled your  skin every time he kissed or nuzzled his face into you. Damn, how  did you get so attached to this guy so quickly? Just being next to him  made you feel safe and warm and tingly all over. And you loved how he  looked back at you the same way when he let his guard down.

You'd  never met anyone like him, able to pull you from your shell without any  effort on his part. It usually took you a couple of dates just to be  able to speak freely with someone. But with Dean it was instantaneous  almost like your soul recognized his.

"You forgot your jacket in the backseat, I was returning it." He shrugged, biting on his bottom lip nervously.

"My jacket... That's the only reason?" You teased, grinning up at him.

"One  of many," he said, clearing his throat and trying to hide the blush in  his cheeks. "Is your bedroom upstairs?" He asked, glancing back at the  house.

"Uh, yeah. W-why?" You weren't sure what he was getting at.

"Go  pack a few days worth of clothes and essentials, you're staying with  us. No arguments, sweetheart." He answered, his lips tugging upwards at  the thought of having you close by for who knows how long.

"I  have no objections to that," you giggled, hearing Sam snort somewhere  behind you. Dean gave him a threatening glare as you skipped off towards  the house and bounded up the stairs towards your room.

You  quickly grabbed your suitcase from the closet and started tossing the  couple of things you had unpacked from your apartment back into it. You  ducked into the bathroom, making one trip with all of your essentials  tucked under your arms and dumping them into your pack-back, which had  somehow made its way into your room from your brother's car.

"Hey,  De." You said, hearing footsteps against the hardwood behind you. "I'm  almost ready-" you heard the bedroom door close and spun around to see  Simon standing there.

"Hello, baby sister." The demon snickered  when you grabbed the lamp from the bedside table, getting tangled in the  cord for a moment before you ripped it from the outlet. "Are you going  to be a good little girl like you promised or do I have to make good on  my threat to hurt your brother?"

"...I'll be good," you mumbled  after a moment's hesitation, hating yourself for giving in so easily but  not wanting the demon to harm your brother. He was all you had left of a  family.

"What was that?" He demanded lowly and you glared hard at him, gripping the lamp tightly debating taking a swing.

"I'll be good, asshat." You growled. "Dean will be up here any minute, you know."

"Could  do without the insult but that'll do. Now Simon says, drop the lamp and  take that off," he ordered, gesturing towards your bracelet and  snickering. How the hell did he know about the bracelet? Maybe it actually did do something? "-And don't make a sound."

You dropped the lamp onto the bed, scowling as you untied the bracelet.

"Happy?" You muttered, letting the bracelet fall onto the ground.

"Very."

You  heard the front door open and close downstairs and the boys walk in.  You were about to call out when Simon opened his mouth and a cloud of  black smoke billowed out. You backed up until the backs of your knees  hit your bed and you fell back onto the mattress. Black smoke twisted in  the air above you and funnelled in between your lips when you gasped,  forcing its way down your throat.

Your body buzzed and vibrated until you could no longer control any of your movements. 'View-only' was  an understatement as you were starting to understand. Watching through  your own detached eyes as something within you compelled you to move off  of the bed and stand tall, stretching out as if to test each of your  limbs. You involuntarily smirked, pulling down the rolled up sleeves of  Dean's flannel to cover your bare wrist. And as if all of that didn't  feel weird enough, you felt the presence of something dark like another  consciousness crowding your head and then you heard it. A sinister voice  echoing in your ears and warping your mind.

'You were so good for me, Y/N, and because of that I'll let your brother live. For now.' The demon hissed in your mind.

Your  body grabbed the bags you had packed before stepping over that of your  unconscious brother and out into the hall. You pulled the bedroom door  shut behind yourself just in time for Dean to meet you at the top of the  stairs.

"Everything alright?" Dean asked, watching you set your  suitcase down and adjust the straps of your back-pack over your  shoulders.

"Peachy," the demon responded, your body shaking  visibly with the force of your will as you tried desperately to warn  Dean to no avail.

"You're safe now, Y/N/N. I'm not leaving you again." He promised.

Damn-it, Dean. You cursed in your mind when he mistook your body shivering as fear.

You  watched as he wrapped you up in his muscular arms, pulling you in for  another quick hug. Your body not responding to it, as much as you wanted  it to. Then he pulled away and pecked your lips with a chaste kiss and  smiled.

How did he not know it wasn't you?! You screamed  out into the void, trapped inside your head. An ominous cackle bouncing  off the walls of your mind when you realized it was the demon, laughing  at your distress. 'Fuck you!'

'This is gonna be fun...' Thought the eerie voice in your head that sounded nothing like you.

In  that moment, you had no more inclinations about demons not being real.  You were experiencing the possession first hand. You weren't in control  of your body, you were barely in control of your own mind and the worst  part was that Dean had no idea that it wasn't you. And you had no way of  warning him.

"Come on, sweetheart. Let's head home." Dean said, grabbing your suitcase and walking down the stairs in front of you.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

5 0 2
It started with demon blood. Things have only gone downhill from there. Now Sam is admitted into a drug abuse treatment center where he will have to...
35K 1.1K 18
(Book Three Out Now!) Story Information: This book as you can probably tell is a fan fiction/ characterXreader. Additional information is at the end...
104K 2.4K 34
Ranking #10 in DeanWinchester 10/3/2021 Ranking #1 in SPNFanFiction 1/25/2021 [COMPLETED VERSION-UNDER EDITING] (This fanfiction is based off season...
192 24 12
After saving her parents and herself from disappearing from existence. Mary and her parents travel up to Minnesota to celebrate the birth of her baby...