Capturing the leader's heart...

By Abby_kebabby

Aurelia was born in Amity and from her bright smile and kind personality everyone believes that Aurelia belon... More

Dauntless visit Amity
Are you sure you're Amity?
Aftermath
The dinner party continued
Trust the test right?
Where do i belong?
Welcome to Dauntless
My name's Four
You chose us, now we get to choose you
Let's play a game of Candor or Dauntless
Waking up in bliss
Chapter 13: Dauntless visit Amity round 2
Chapter 14: Dirty little secret?
Chapter 15: Coming to an end?
Chapter 16: Returning then Leaving?
Chapter 17: Capture the flag
Chapter 18: Surprise Surprise
Chapter 19: C or D, Go
Chapter 20: Stage 2 will now begin
Chapter 21: Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh My
Chapter 22: Change of Ranks
Chapter 23: Finally some Answers
Chapter 24: Visiting Day
Chapter 25: Be my Guest
Chapter 26: Let's Play a Game
Chapter 27: Meeting an Old Friend
Chapter 28: Let us take a look
Chapter 29: The Plan
Chapter 30: I better get to work then Sir!
Chapter 31: Heads Up
Chapter 32: I told you you wouldn't like it
Chapter 33: Report for Stage 3
Hey guys

The dinner party

7.4K 158 37
By Abby_kebabby

Aurelia's POV

I walk back from Eric and head to the orchard where I see Erico waiting for me, he looks curiously and I can feel that he is bursting with questions but he doesn't ask them as it might be unkind but I save him the trouble.

"I am fine Erico, I am sorry to have kept you waiting that was unkind of me, please forgive me" I answer.
"There is nothing to be sorry for Rels, I know that you couldn't fight the dauntless as that would be violent and that's not how an amity responds, but I am curious as to why he keeps focusing his attention on you, I mean wouldn't he be more interested in women his age?" Erico asks as he grabs a picking basket and starts on a row.

"I don't know why he is interested in me, but he seems serious enough about, he has warned me to warn you that you are not to be near me as he doesn't want you getting an ideas which is ridiculous because you are one of my most cherished friends" I reply to him and start picking apples off a tree opposite his row.
"Wow he must be really serious, and must be feeling some degree of affection to you to be feeling that jealous, .... Or maybe it's because of my amazing looks hahaha" Erico laughs.

"I think there is something wrong with you, why would a dauntless, specifically a dauntless leader be interested in me, I mean look at me, I don't look fearless, or strong, or anything like them" I reply, feeling insecure, which makes him look at me in anger which is something I've never seen before.

"You might not look like a dauntless women because you are a amity women, you're beautiful, kind, funny, you have curves any girl would die for, and when you go through initiation this year you will be seen as one of the most beautiful amity women that amity has ever seen, and don't you forget that" he says to me, which leaves me shocked, I have never seen him give such a compliment before, and when did he notice I had curves?

"Erico, you are too kind, you are truly meant for amity, and I shouldn't have hurt your feelings by talking about my insecurities, let us agree that I am a beautiful soon to be amity woman and carry on with picking the apples, we are holding everybody up" I explain, pointing to the other amity who were halfway through with their rows.

"Of course Aurelia, I didn't mean to startle you, it's just,....just, you are too selfless and kind sometimes and you always think of others before yourself, you are highly esteemed, which you should be, you are my friend and it hurts me to see you unhappy" he replies as he is picking off apples.

"I'm sorry to have hurt you, so just think ....hakuna matata, .....what a wonderful phrase" I start to sing, in hopes it will cheer him up.
"Hakuna matata, ain't no passing craze" Erico sings back and before you know it everyone starts to join in
"It means no worries for the rest of your days"
"It's a problem free philosophy, hakuna matata, ohhhh, hakuna matata"

I finish off then everybody starts to clap, and then without thinking I say aloud, "music night tonight 8 o'clock on the dot at my family's cabin, all are welcome" which everybody starts to cheer to that since that everyone is now in the mood, then we all go back to picking our apples a little more quicker when I remember what mum told me.

"oh also Erico? tonight mum and dad has invited you and your family for dinner as well and she won't take no for an answer" I tell him.

He smiles back and replies "not a problem, mum will be happy to come and I'll get dad to fetch his guitar for tonight, I'll be there around 6 o'clock?"
"6 o'clock is perfect, I'll see you soon" I reply and pick the last apple off the last tree, and turn to see Erico has finished as well and we both lug our baskets back to the start where we put them on one of the carts, which will take them to the supply train, which will take the supplies into the city for the other factions.

I wave to Erico and everybody else before heading back home.

"Mum, dad, I hope you're excited for some company as we are having a music night tonight 8 o'clock, I couldn't resist it, also Erico and his family will be here for dinner" I yell out, mum sticks her head out the entrance and replies cheerily with a smile " sure sweetie, I'll get some refreshments ready for then, please let your father and brother know so that they can set up this stage and band", I knew that she is brimming with happiness, my mother loves all music.

I jog up the stairs and inform dad, my brother Sam, his fiancée Nadia, my younger sister Ariel, and my great grandparents(who are my dad's grandparents whose daughter which is dad's mum transferred to erudite where she met dad's dad, then he transferred back to amity, why?, I don't know and as for my mums parents they're still in dauntless as far as I'm concerned)who reply cheerily and excited for tonight, I glad I live here, I don't think I would trade this for anything else.

Soon enough 6 o'clock is here and Erico and his family are at the entrance, his younger brother and his mum carrying dishes of food, and he and his dad instruments, you see when we have a music night or concert, Erico, his dad, my dad and Sam, as well as guests make up the band and whoever wishes it sing a song need only let them know what sing and your wish is their command.

Even though we are a faction of peace, we can play a genre of songs as long as it isn't death metal, or in any lyrics which will doesn't fit with the manifesto, which the crowd will let know of course.

I come back down the stairs to greet Erico, his mum Aphrodite (named after the goddess of love), his dad Godfry (which means gods peace) which is similar to Erico (which is peaceful ruler), and his younger brother is named Felipe (which is translated for "loves horses"), both Felipe and Godfrey have the same black hair, tan skin, mischievous eyes whereas Erico and Aphrodite have blonde hair, somewhat not tan nor pale skin,and light green eyes.

"Hello Erico, Felipe, hello Godfrey and Aphrodite, how are you on this fine night?" I welcome them all with a hug, Felipe especially hugs a little harder but that's because I think he likes to dish them out. " Good evening Aurelia, we are happy this night, we thank Diana and Hugh for inviting us as we bring gifts of our own even though I know that Diana will not be happy I couldn't resist" Aphrodite giggles with a sheepish look as Godfrey wraps an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm sure that because tonight is a night for happiness that mum will accept your gift as we will have people come tonight for some music" I assure her, it's no secret that my mum feels a little bit ashamed when people bring dishes even though she doesn't ask, I don't know why though.

"Aurelia, have the Alucidos arrived?" Mum asks as she steps through the entrance, she smiles when she sees them and squeals when she sees Aphrodite before running over to hug her, "It's so good to see you Aphrodite, I feel it has been too long, and why are you carrying dishes?" My mother exclaims in mock horror, I roll my eyes, " it always feels so long because time always flies, but I'm happy to see you again as well Diana, and the dishes I have brought are gifts, and job I won't take no for an answer, you always cook and it's a pleasure for me to thank you in some way, I have brought both dinner rolls and banana bread as well as minestrone soup and bacon and cheese puffs" she says proudly.

Even though we amity are about peace and not causing harm to others, some of us do have issues with not having a balanced diet, so we have genetically altered meat (a/n I don't know if that exists or not) which comes from erudite so that we don't worry about feeling guilty about hurting the animals but we only have chicken, fish, ham and bacon available to us.

" Oh that's sounds amazing, oh please come in where are our manners, Aurelia please help Aphrodite and me with bringing the dishes to the kitchen, little Felipe must be tired and will want to join the boys" mum goes. " Oh it's no worry, Diana, I will gladly help" Felipe asks before taking the trays he was holding to the kitchen.

Dinner soon starts and we all sit indian style on couches around the fire pit which dad constructed a while back, you can tell he came from erudite just by the way he constructs and fixes things,we talk mainly about our days, the crops, horses, and generally life, thank god no one brought up Eric but the dauntless unfortunately were instead. " Did you hear dauntless came to visit Johanna, about using some of the land for some part of their initiation process, they came up in those trucks and nearly ran Erico and Aurelia over" Aphrodite claims.

"Yes I did hear that, thank god the driver stopped in time, max, one of the leaders already apologised, in their own dauntless way to us, so we know it wasn't intended" mum explains, dad nods" it's true after Max spoke with Johanna, he came to visit us and apologised, we all had a good laugh as we know it's not amity to hold grudges, even though I don't like the idea of the other leader taking an interest in Aurelia", I nearly choke on the soup.

Oh great I thought. " What do you mean the other leader has an interest in Aurelia?" Godfrey asks, both Sam and Erico nod wanting an answer, oh boy, dad replies " well after the dauntless arrived, Aurelia comes home with swollen lips, messy hair and rosy cheeks, and we find out as well as max, that Eric , one of the other dauntless leaders, has an attraction to Aurelia and that they engaged in some pretty passionate kissing, something to rival mine and Diana's, I believe, who would've thought that".

He laughs as well as Godfrey and Sam who also smirks at me, but Erico looks shocked, of course he doesn't know that I've been kissed by Eric not once but twice, then he looks hurt which makes me want to die of embarrassment, but my father doesn't notice this as he is a hippie amity even though he has erudite traits he is more amity, he is all about free love and is happy to talk about sex and all those other topics, unsurprisingly mum and everyone else is happy to do it as well, I admit I don't mind talking about it I'm just a lot more reserved.

Mum, Nadia and Aphrodite share some kind of knowing smile at me and I think it means that they now know I'm growing up, thank god I was already given the talk even though it scarred me. " Okay enough about dauntless and Eric", which gives me warm feelings in my body and tingling sensations in certain parts, "let us get ready for tonight" I say as I grab everyone's dishes and take them to the kitchen, Erico comes with me and helps bring the refreshments out, he is quiet at first but then he speaks up " were you going to tell me about what happened with you and eric or were you going to keep it a secret?" He looks hurt.

"I didn't know how to say it because I was afraid you would be hurt and when eric threatened you, I wanted to protect you, I was going to tell you, just not at the moment is all, please don't be mad" I say.
he sighs at first " it's hard to stay mad for long, I'm just jealous you didn't tell me straight away, what was it like? Was he gentle? Did he have bad breath? Anything?" He quickly fires questions at me which make me laugh, " it was amazing, like we were the only people there, he was passionate and demanding, and he didn't have bad breath, I also felt very desired and special" I add which makes him smile but then he turns serious " if I kissed you would you have liked it or do you only see me as a friend?" He asks.

I don't want to hurt his feelings but I know he doesn't want me to be selfless either so I answer truthfully " no, I probably wouldn't have, you are one of my oldest and best friends and I don't want that to change, if I was certain of myself I would say maybe later on but at the moment, I don't want yo get into anything before the aptitude test and choosing ceremony" I explain to him.

He ponder this then he smiles " I would rather have your friendship rather then lose it, also how erudite of you to wait" he compliments. I blush and finish setting up the refreshments as amity start to arrive. Show time.

Nearly all of amity have turned up for tonight and people have brought banjos, harmonicas, violins, and even drums and take a seat around the stage where the main band is set up. Then the spotlight comes on and the band plays a quick little tune before my dad speaks up " good evening everybody, as you're aware tonight is a unplanned nevertheless welcoming music night, so please enjoy the music, any requests just come to the side when we finish and give us your song and let us know if you want to sing it or volunteer someone haha, and without further ado lets get started, people start to clap and cheer.

Dad starts strumming his guitar then he starts to sing " (vocalises)  let's sing a song for the broken hearted, (vocalising)", as he continues singing "it's my life" from bon jovi, a band from before the war, people start to sing with him or put their hands in the air.

Then I notice that there are dauntless behind the amity watching us, some listening to the band and pumping their fist before some start to join in as well, some amity were stunned to see them back so soon but I guess word somehow travelled to them, I don't have to look far as I feel warmth radiating from behind me as I look up at a man with an eyebrow piercing above his right eyebrow, twin spacers in his ears, and tattoos running up his neck and down his arms, he looks down at me with amusement in his eyes.

"Well we meet again Aurelia, isn't this a pleasant surprise, nice music as well I thought only tree huggers listened to banjos and yodelling" Eric says, I bristle at that comment, " just because we are about peace and love, doesn't mean that we have to listen to only one type of music, we are about art as well so we listen to many genres" I defend my faction.

He puts his hands up" no need to get all worked up, we wouldn't want to have a repeat of today, now would we? Actually scratch that I wouldn't mind a repeat" he jokes as he starts rubbing his hands up and down my arms and rests his chin in the crook of my neck before wrapping his arms around me listening to the music, I start to sway as I let myself become involved with the music I see Erico, and a few other people that I know and we wave to each other, I was about to make my way over to them when I am pulled back by huge arms.

"And where do you think you're going?"he asks, " just to say hello to some of my other friends, please let go, you have no right to hold me" I retort, as I struggle to break free of his grip I see mum and max talking and looking at me with smirks, for some reason I'm beginning to think that they approve of this, well I sure as hell won't.

"I told you I don't want the boy near you, I don't like to share, but you're right,but if I so much as see him wrap an arm around you then I will pick you up and walk away with you over my shoulders" I look up at him and see he isn't joking, he then releases me but before I walk off I put a tender peck on his cheek and for the life of me reply " then you better keep your eye on me then", " I intend to amity" he replies as I walk of with a swing in my hips, as I'm walking away I hear a sharp intake of breath and quiet 'fuck' as I make my way to my friends.

Woo I'm sorry if this chapter is soo long but I just couldn't stop typing, any who I hope that all my loyal readers will love this chapter, and as I was wondering would you guys mind if I start to write and included more steamy scenes in the story, I just wanted everyone's opinions if I could and also I will soon start to bring in the divergent storyline soon but I'm still in the prelogue, I hope that my story continues making you guys happy to read it and keep your eyes peeled for the next chapter. Also this story has now had over 200 reads woohoo I'm really happy guys and I'm glad that everyone is liking it so far, so as a gift I should update my next chapter soon. Remember to keep commenting and voting, and peace be with you my lovelies mwah xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 4.5K 36
Amity, the love faction. Dauntless the dangerous faction. Autumn the kindhearted Amity. Eric the heartless Dauntless leader. What happens when Amity...
439K 8.2K 44
"She holds matches recklessly in her hands." Faction. It's what defines you. The world is not the same anymore. The only way to survive is to find yo...
319K 6.3K 26
COMPLETED (EDIT: In the process of being rewritten! Some of the writing might have you cringing! New chapters will be uploaded once they're all edite...
200K 3.7K 23
Lilian Matthews, Jeanine Matthews daughter. She was smart, very smart but she knew Erudite wasn't for her. She preferred physical rather than mental...