Metanoia ||H.S||

By sunflowervolmads

Metanoia: To change one's mind. Change in one's way of life resulting from penitence. _________ Winter Davis... More

Introduction/Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 10

91 6 2
By sunflowervolmads

A week later

Winter Davis

I've always told myself to not let someone take over my mind. That I needed to think of myself since I never do.

But you, Harry Styles, got me to break my own rule.

I look out my window at the cafe, the cafe that helped start whatever Harry and I got going on. For the longest time during all of this, I thought we would only be customer to worker. But Harry had other plans.

My phone dings, making me turn to my bed where it was laying. I walk over to my phone, smiling as soon as I see that contact I have become very familiar with.

Harry: Hello Sunflower, hope you are doing well. Was wondering if you would like to come over for dinner? I would like to cook this pasta dish for you.

Me: That sounds amazing actually. You're cooking me a family recipe yeah?

Harry: Oh yes...totally

Me: You got it from Tik Tok didn't you?

Harry: The damn app keeps suggesting these dishes. Its the only reason I go on the app.

Me: Admit it, you're addicted to the app.

Harry: I should have never let you show me the app.

I giggle as I shake my head.

Harry: I'll send a car over to you around 6, sound good?

Me: You don't need to send a car over, I can walk.

Harry: You are NOT walking. I'll send over my security to come get you. See you in a bit. X

I roll my eyes at his demand of sending over a car.

He just wants you to be taken care of Winter, let someone take care of you for once.

4 hours later

"Thank you for the ride Mr.?"

"You can just call me Paul Miss. Davis." Paul smiles at me and I smile back.

"Just call me Winter. Thank you for everything." He laughs as I shut the car door. I stare up at the red and white brick house. Looks like something Harry would design. I walk up down the sidewalk, stepping onto the beautiful porch. I see a few rocking chairs and some small tables with coasters on them.

Makes me wonder if he sits out here by himself.

The door opens to a smiling Harry.

"How did you-" He cuts me off.

"I got the ring notification that you were here. Come on in." He moves his body out of the way so I can step in. The inside was not what I was expecting at all.

Pink carpet going up the stairs.

"I know, it's a bit much but I love it." He smiles at his very pink stairs. "I designed it when the house was being built. I was going to just do bland white carpet but I wanted to spice it up a bit. Put my own taste in it."

"I love it. Just have never seen it before. Just by seeing the stairs, I would love to see the rest of the house." He smiles down at me. I feel his hand gently grab mine as he guides me through the house.

The house seemed like a great size for Harry, especially for him being alone most of the time. He didn't need something extravagant that matched his wealthyness. He didn't need to prove anything to anyone.

He takes me into a decent sized room. The bed was very big and the windows were very large but they had beautiful curtains to cover them. The duvet cover was light pink and silky. I step further into the room, looking around at all of the pictures on the walls. Some were the beach, the waves crashing mid picture. And some were some pictures of a man and woman. One of the pictures, the man was hugging the woman from behind. Another picture had a close up of their lower faces. They were smiling. The man's smile seemed very familiar.

"Those pictures are my ex and I. She suddenly passed away a couple years ago. I like to keep these up just for the look of the room." He looks at the picture of them smiling, his face very close to the glass. "I zoomed in on our faces in this one. Just so when I looked at it...it would hurt a little less." He turns to look at me, holding his hand out for me to take.

My face is sad, I can tell by the way he looks at me.

I was upset because I knew deep down you were too Harry.

His face now turns into worry as a tear slips down my cheek. I hated to cry in times like this. This was his moment, I was ruining it. Just like I always do.

"Winter, I promise my feelings for her are gone-" I pull away from him in a quick moment, cutting him off.

"That's not my worry Harry, please don't think that. I'm worried about the fact that your girlfriend passed away-"

"Darling, hey-" He comes closer, grabbing my face. He wipes the falling tears. "I don't want you to cry for me when I'm okay now. I promise I'm okay. It was so long ago. I learned to cope. This," He points at the pictures, "this was my way of coping. To keep her spirit alive but in a way I could move on." He makes me look back at him so I don't stare at the picture any longer.

"I promise I am okay. Don't cry for me baby." My eyes close as I feel his lips on my forehead. He was calming me down.

"Let me show you the rest of the house, yeah? And then we can eat. I know you're probably hungry." I nod and let him grab my hand, taking me out of the room full of the first girl that gave him butterflies.

He takes me down a hallway that leads to his room. The room is very big compared to the rest of the house. Seems like he put most of the effort of the house into the master. The duvet in this room was different. It was white and it had a soft cloth feel to it. I lifted my hand from the bed, not wanting to seem weird for feeling up his bed.

But the walls had pictures on them. Pictures of a family. The family had a father that looked like the little girl alongside him. But the mother and the son stood out to me.

The son had those same green eyes as the mother. The green that seemed to familiar.

"That was my family before my father left with my sister. When we were living for the hope of it all. The hope that we wouldn't fall apart when deep behind all of our eyes you could see, we were all falling apart." He takes my hand again, taking me out of the room. I looked up at his face, his smile was not there like it was before.

I could see the tears in your eyes, Harry.

You were living for the hope of it all more than your father was.

Harry brings me into the kitchen. It was somewhat warm in the kitchen with the oven on. And just in time, the timer dings.

"Food is done, I'm starving. Are you?" Harry grabs his pot holders, looking at me with a small smile.

Subject change was your get away.

"Yes, I am excited for you TikTok masterpiece." I laugh and so does he. He takes the pan out of the oven, the tomatoes and feta cheese bubbling all together. He sets the pan in the middle of the island where I was sitting. He looks up and flashes a smile, he was happy with the outcome of the dish.

"Now tell me, how much does my sunflower want?" I shrug my shoulders, watching as he stirs in the noodles. "Alright, I'll take that as you want a lot assuming you probably have barely eaten all day." He looks up from the dish, seeing if his assumption was right.

I look down not wanting him to know that its been a rough couple of days. The want to eat wasn't on my mind.

He sighs and hands me the plate.

"You eat what you can, I know days can get stressful and food doesn't come to mind. But when you're with me, I'll make sure you get something in your system. Can't have my flower wilting, yeah?" I nod and he smiles. I wasn't upset with this conversation because I know all he wants to do is help.

"You and Chloe are very alike. Both always looking out for me when I don't look out for myself. I appreciate it, really I do." He sits down across from me, just like our sushi date.

"It's no problem at all. Always want you to be safe and healthy."

One hour later

The room was a bit chilly after Harry turned off the oven. We had been sitting for about an hour in the kitchen. I rubbed my arms a bit, Harry noticing.

"Are you cold?"

"Oh no, I am okay. I forgot my coat at home." He stands up in the middle of me talking and goes into his room. He comes back with a cardigan. It was colorful. All different types of patches with different colors.

"Here put this on." He brings it around behind me, holding the arm holes out for me. I smile softly, and put my arms in the holes. Harry smiles and sits back down.

"You look good in my clothes, you should wear them more often." He sends a wink my way, making me laugh. "You can keep it." My eyes widen as I go to protest but he stops me. "As I said, I want you to wear them more often so take that as a starter to your new style." He smirks as I roll my eyes, a smile taking over my face as well.

Hello loves.

I missed you all!

I see that we have a couple more reads, I am glad that more people are liking the book.

I have posted a link in my bio. It is a page for my Wattpad account. It will take you to my Spotify playlist for Metanoia, the trailer on my YouTube, and my new TikTok!

On TikTok you can find the trailer as well if you prefer that over YouTube.

As I always say as much as I can, thank you for being here.

Much love always,

Madison

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Stuck [H.S] By a!

Fanfiction

41.7K 1.5K 25
[COMPLETE & EDITED] Being at that time of the month, Jolie decides to make a quick stop to a convience store to retrieve chocolates and candies to sa...
4.9K 159 27
Harry leaned in closer to her, his eyes moving down from her eyes to her lips as a loose curl fell effortlessly from his hair down onto his forehead...
Veto By She

Fanfiction

2.3K 107 18
Twenty something corporate analyst, Rhona, struggles to feel love beyond an intimacy level. When she meets her new bosses stepson, Harry, they engag...
49.4K 3.2K 23
Harry cherished Hannah's heart even when it was in someone else's hands.*** A marriage contract, an abusive husband and a forbidden love force Hannah...