𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧�...

By evangelinelilyburton

Lily Henderson has been through a lot these past years, fighting supernatural forces is not the easiest. Her... More

Intro (Main Characters)
1- Pep Rally
2- Grandfather Clock
3- Billy
4- Where The Hell Is Eddie?
5- Vecnas Curse
6- The Night At StarCourt
7- Eddie, My Love
8- Chaos
9- Max
10- Creel House
11- The Gate In Lovers Lake
12- The Upside Down
13- Lily
14- Where The Hell Is Lily?
15- The Plan
17- Dancing In The Moonlight
18- Guitar Solo
19- The Final Act
20 - Aftermath
21- Dustin's Letter

16- The War Zone

1K 21 2
By evangelinelilyburton

Lily's POV

Eddie put down a newspaper on the table. We were all trying to figure out a proper plan. We needed weapons, Eddie knew exactly where to get them from.

"Check this out. The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh...well, killing things, basically." Eddie explains.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?" Robin asks worriedly.

"Oh, trust me, it's legal. Lucky for us....it's legal." I say taking a deep breath. I notice everyone staring at me confused.

"I'm sorry...h- how do you know that?" Robin asks me with wide eyes and everyone looks at me waiting for an answer.

"Uh, well...I may, uh, I may have been there once. Twice. Okay, okay, okay, three time to be exact. I have weapons in my bedroom....I kinda already told you that." I say with a shrug. Everyone looked at me almost scared. I just smiled awkwardly.

"Yeah, You said guns! Not other weapons! What other weapons do you have?!" Steve asks with a worried shout and I just lightly laugh.

"Ring daggers, cross brow, a bow and arrows, a couple guns.....and, uh, exhmhm." I say covering my mouth at the last part.

"What was that?" Dustin asks furrowing his brows.

"Exhhmhm." I quietly mumble.

"What?" Steve asks.

"Explosives! Okay? I have explosives in my bedroom!" I shout out and everyone looks at me with their jaws dropped.

"Lily, is that safe?" Nancy asks me with a concerning look.

"Probably not. But...it helps me sleep at night." I say with a shrug and a sad smile.

Everyone looks at me like they feel sorry for me. I only had the weapons because I wanted to do anything I can to protect my friends and family.....no matter what the risk.

"Look, this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. We just have to steer clear of main roads and we should be able to avoid cops." I say simply.

"And, uh, angry hicks." Eddie adds.

"Yeah, angry hicks...how could I forget?" I say with a sigh.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called, The War Zone." Erica says plainly.

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need weapons. So, I think it's worth the risk. Plus, Lily's been there before." Nancy says looking towards me.

"Me too." Lucas agrees.

"Yeah, but is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back." Dustin explains.

"Yeah, I don't exactly have my car since it's at my house...can't exactly go back there." I add.

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asks.

"What, you got some sort of car we don't know about?" Steve asks confused.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine." Eddie says plainly while getting up.

"No, no, no, no, I am not letting you steal someone's-" I stop when I realize I don't exactly know what he's trying to steal. "Someone's something, okay? You're already on the run for "murder" and we really don't need you getting into more trouble than the trouble you're already in." I say taking a breath.

"I know. That's why.....no one will see me." I look at my boyfriend completely confused. "Hey, uh, red, you got a ski mask or bandanna, something like that?" Eddie asks looking towards Max.

"Yeah, I got something." Max replies with a shrug.
——————————————————————————
Max had given Eddie a Michael Myers mask, which I have to admit is a bit creepy. I remembered when Max wore it. It seems like forever ago now.  Eddie looked around the corner and made sure it was safe for us to move. He motioned us to follow him and we all followed. We hurried to this RV, I had no clue who's it was and I honestly didn't care. Eddie opened the back window to the RV and jumped in. The people who owned the RV were on the other side...they didn't notice us. We all jumped in after him.

"That was suffocating." Eddie says while taking off the mask.

"Let's go! Come on!" Steve quietly yelled to us as we jumped in.

Eddie had locked the doors to make sure the owners of the RV wouldn't try and stop us. I have to admit...I feel a little bad. Eddie hopped in the drivers seat and grabbed some wires and nose pliers. He tried to feel around for the correct wires and was going to hold the nose pliers in his mouth, I stopped him.

"No, give me those. I'm not letting you hold those dirty things in your mouth. Ever heard of a thing called, diseases?" I say holding the pliers for him, he just smiled at me and continued.

"How'd you learn how to do this?" Steve asks coming up behind us.

"Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon grand theft auto. So, uh, really living up to that Munson name." Eddie says while finishing. I place a hand on his shoulder for comfort.

"No, you're not. You didn't really kill anyone. And, technically this isn't- well, yeah- I can't really say this isn't bad. But, it's for a good cause." I say trying to cheer him up.

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." Robin says worriedly.

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington's got her. Don't ya, big boy?" Eddie says teasingly with a smile and I hold my hand over my mouth trying not to laugh.

"Holy shit!" I say once I see a spark come from the wires and the engine starts.

"Hey! Open up!" I could hear the lady from outside banging on the door and yelling.

"Everybody hang on to something!" Steve shouts as Eddie and I run to the back and Steve starts to drive.
We take off and the owners shade roof came right off.

"Go! Go! Go!"

"Hurry up!"

"They look pissed!"

"I mean, it's not everyday you loose your car and house in one fell swoop." Robin says frantically.

"Hold on!" Steve shouts to us.

I almost fall but Eddie catches me before I do. "Thanks." I say with a smile.

"Just hold on to me, okay?" Eddie says with a light laugh and I nod.

A few minutes later

I was extremely tired since I hadn't been able to sleep in days. I rested my head on Eddie's chest as he sat down and I was sat on his lap. I wasn't exactly trying to sleep, but I felt comfortable. I felt safe where I was.....even though I knew I truly wasn't.

"You can rest, you know?" Eddie says and I can feel the vibration of his voice as I'm laying there.

"No, I can't." I say plainly and he looks down at me.

"Why not?"

"I wouldn't be much help if I was passed out." I say with a smile.

"We still have some time. We won't be there for another 15 minutes. You can rest. You need it." He says while moving a strand of my hair away from my face.

"Okay. But, you better wake me up when we get there. I'm serious!" I say looking at him with a serious face while poking his chest.

"Okay, okay. Just sleep, you little Princess." He replies with a laugh.

"Hey, I said NOT to-" I get cut off by Eddie using his hands to cover my mouth and eyes.

"Sh...sleep." He says laughing. Even though I couldn't see...I knew my boyfriend, he probably has a big smile on his face.
——————————————————————————
I had fallen asleep and I started to stir awake when I felt a shake. I slowly opened my eyes when I saw Eddie's hands shaking my arms.

"Hey, we're here." Eddie says softly.

"Oh, sorry. I was really tired." I say rubbing my eyes.

"I know." He replies back with a smile.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna grab us some weapons. You stay here with Dustin." I say and Eddie nods.

I walked out of the RV with Robin, Steve, Nancy, Erica, and Max. We all walked into the store...I walked in first and the others followed behind me.

"So much for avoiding angry hicks." Robin says.

"Let's be...fast." Nancy replies.

"Yep."

"Yeah."

"Definitely."

We all part ways and the first thing I head towards is the front desk. I knew the guy who was at the register because I was basically a well known customer.

"Back again already, Lily?" The guy at the counter asked.

"Uh, yeah, I could always use more protection these days." I say plainly while holding a western rifle. I already owned one...I couldn't exactly go back home though.

"From that freak? Or you got other problems?" The guy questioned.

"I- uh, yeah, yeah, the- the freak." I lie to the guy and mentally punch myself for saying that. I hated that no one knows Eddie the way I do.

I was focused on the gun when I heard a familiar voice next to me.

"Hey, can I see this real pretty .357 please?" I knew exactly who it was. It was Jason. Shit. I'm in deep shit now. I was praying that he wouldn't notice me. Maybe he wouldn't...I wasn't in my cheer uniform or anything.

"Lily Henderson. Wouldn't expect to find you here." Jason said while shaking the gun in my direction.

"Uh, yeah, it's just scary times. After what happened to my friend, I got terrified." I lied again, but technically it was a half lie...yes, I felt bad for Chrissy and it scared me...but people only thought we were close friends and I'm not just some peppy cheerleader who can't defend herself. Jason only needed to think I was.

"I'm...I'm sorry about Chrissy." I say plainly while picking up a shotgun.

"Want my advice? Shotguns are not good for much of anything past killing small birds. I mean, they got power, sure, but not much range. And, that's just gonna force you into close-range combat, then someone can just grab that barrel like this..." Jason got closer towards me and yanked the top of the gun. "....and redirect it." I looked at him with shock...but I wasn't scared. "Well, you look nervous."

"Like I said, scary times." I reply while looking back at him.

"Now, your brother, he, uh...is he here with you by chance?" Jason asks me while still holding the top of the gun. He was also still centimeters away from my face.

"Dustin?"

"Dustin."

"No." I say plainly.

"I only ask because he's...he's in Hellfire, isn't he?" Jason asks looking down at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lie with a smirk on my face.

"What about his friends? They here with you?" Jason gets closer, holding onto the gun tighter.

"You wanna let go?" I ask amused and he just looks at me.

"What are you gonna do if I don't?" He looks at me with an evil smile. I didn't like that. What I'm about to do might get me in trouble....but that's okay.

"Let me know if this hurts?" I say in a whisper as I knee him where it hurts and punch him in the face. I quickly leave my money on the counter and run out with the rifle.

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit!"
I say as I run inside the RV.

"Hey, woah, slow down. What happened?" Eddie asks lightly grabbing my shoulders.

"Where are the others?" Dustin asks.

"I, uh, well- Jason and his asshole friends are in there and me and Jason sort of ran into each other. He kept asking me about Dustin and the rest of Hellfire, then he got close to me, and he grabbed the top of my rifle." I frantically explain.

"What?!" Eddie says a little angry.

"What did you do?" Dustin asked me with a knowing look.

"I- I may have- well I kinda- -"

"Lily, what happened?" Lucas asks.

"I kneed him in his...area and punched him in the face, then ran." I say awkwardly.

"Nice!" Eddie says with a smile.

"What?!" Lucas shouts.

"Lily, you could get in trouble with the police!" Dustin says worriedly.

"Don't worry, he thinks I'm long gone. And he doesn't know the others are in the store." I explain.

"Sometimes, I think I'm the older one." Dustin says rolling his eyes.

"What is taking the others so long?" Dustin asks while looking at his watch. Just as soon as he asked the others came rushing in through the door.

"What happened?" Lucas asks.

"We gotta go." Steve replies plainly.

"Your old friends are here!" Erica says.

"We know, Lily must have pissed them off." Dustin says.

"What?" Everyone says in unison.

"Okay, so I hit him. Sue me!" I shout and everyone looks panicked.

"Shit!"

"Let's go! Let's go!"

"Come on!"

Steve quickly drives away and we head back on the road. Eddie was still sitting in the same position from before but he was crouching down so no one can see him. I sat back on his lap and smiled.

"Don't worry. I'll cover you." I say while leaning down and kissing him.

"Your brother can see us." Eddie says to me because he knows that my brother still doesn't like the idea of us.

"Good." I say with a smile. My brother was going to have to get used to us somehow. It's not like he can't turn his head the other way.

"You guys disgust me." Dustin says with a disturbed look and I roll my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 908 35
Daphne Greengrass is a Healer Prodigy working at Saint Mungos, and her life inevitably changes when none other than Harry Potter rolls in to her Hosp...
texts g.d By g

Fanfiction

938K 22.4K 83
"why don't you have a boyfriend?" "i don't know, i guess there's nobody that thinks i'm good enough." "i think you're good enough"
3.7K 117 7
Spencer Reid has found the perfect girlfriend. Too bad she's a prolific serial killer in her spare time.
1.3M 52.3K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...