Gay is Okay

By TheOriginalMrsHoran

THE END IS FINALLY HERE I'M TRYING SO HARD NOT TO CRY More

Quick Author's Note
One - New Schools
Two - Study Buddies
Three - Circle of Trust
Four - Talking Bodies
Five - Galatians 3:28
Six - Loyal
Seven - Man of God
Nine - Now or Never
Ten - Make Good Choices
Eleven - Code Name - Yestergay
Twelve - Good Things Don't Last Long
Thirteen - Can't Change Even if I Tried
Fourteen - Lovin' is Patient
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Eight - Kiss & Tell

15K 587 450
By TheOriginalMrsHoran

I'm driving to the address Charlotte texted to me. I feel butterflies in my stomach. My first real house party. With real friends. I hope everything is all I hoped it would be.

-

"Hey, you made it!" Charlotte said when she sees me in the kitchen mingling with Francine, the host of the party. She moved here from New York ten months ago and is really friendly.

"Of course I did." I tell her with a smile.

"I was just telling him about how much I love his eyes. I mean they are beautiful!" I am blushing hard, I've never been complimented by anyone that wasn't related to me.

"Yeah, I'm jealous. I have shit brown eyes." Charlotte says, Jace tells her he loves her shit brown eyes and kisses her sweetly on the lips. I smile at them, they are really good together.

"Well you go have fun and if you need anything you let me know, you're okay in my book, Douglas." Francine calls everybody by their last names. I don't know why but she does and I think it's cool. Charlotte and I walk around eyeing the marvelous house while Jace, Lilith, Jay, Liz and the others play beer pong.

"Charlotte, can I-can I ask you a question?"

"Sure,"

"How, did you know?" I ask shyly. She looks at me confused. "That I was..."

"Oh, well I have this superpower of knowing when someone is gay. It's my gaydar."

"Gaydar?"

"It's like a radar for scoping out gay people; gaydar."

"How do you get one?" I ask innocently. She laughs at my question.

"It's not, like, an actual radar machine thing, Tris. It's just intuition."

"But, you only knew me for a few days."

"Yeah, but I kinda knew right when I saw you. I'm not saying there's a certain way of knowing; before it was just a hunch, but after getting to know you, I knew." We walk back to the living room downstairs and see that Damon is present and playing beer pong with the others.

"Damon! Damon! Damon!" the crowd was cheering him on. Charlotte and I were watching in amusement. The crowd cheered when his ball fell in the cups. I don't know the rules to this game but it looks like he won. He sees me and smiles before walking over.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," I am probably redder than Rudolph's nose.

"Well I'm gonna go make out with Jace or something." Charlotte awkwardly says upon seeing Damon and I staring at each other. Damon laughs but I am shaking in my boots, metaphorically speaking, because Damon looks very dashing tonight. Though I've had no alcohol, I feel buzzed. Maybe it's just because he's that good looking or maybe because I am that nervous to be around him.

"So what are you doing here?" he asks.

"Oh, um, Charlotte invited me."

"Cool, you got a curfew?'

"I have to be back by midnight." I tell him trying to act cool. He smiles.

"Cool,"

"Cool," I repeat, not knowing what to say.

"Do you wanna go upstairs?" he asks. My eyes go wide.

"G-go up-upstairs?" I am stuttering like a mad man and I am sure my cheeks are flushed. He smirks a panty-dropping smirk that makes my knees wobble.

"Yes," I know that he is most likely drunk, and I know that he's not a virgin, but the thought of being alone with him excites and frightens me.

"Uhh,"

"Tristan!" We both turn around to see Lilith approaching. "Come outside there's something you've gotta see!" she tugs me away before I can answer Damon's question.

Outside everyone is in a circle playing truth or dare. (a/n: i know it's so cliche but it's a plot device so shhh)

"Uh, Lilith, I don't think I should play-"

"Oh, come on Tristan! We need one more player and I know it's your first time being at a house party so just try it!" I debate whether or not this is a good idea, but Lilith is a sweet heart and my weakness is her adorable puppy face, so I oblige.

"Alright, we've got ten players?" a guy asks. I'm assuming he's the one who came up with this brilliant idea, note the sarcasm. Everyone mumbles 'yes' before he starts off the game.

"Truth or dare... Naomi?" a girl with thick framed glasses and long caramel brown hair takes a step forward.

"Dare," she says with a challenging smile.

"I dare you to take off one article of clothing." he winks and she rolls her eyes before unstrapping her bra and pulling it out from under her shirt. She sticks out her arm and lets it fall to the ground.

"That all you got?' she asks making the crowd snicker and 'ooh'. "Alright, truth or dare, Liz?"

"Truth," Liz, like me, has not been drinking tonight. Something about keeping a promise to Jay. The crowd boos her and some call her a chicken but it doesn't phase her.

"Is it true that you're in love with Jay?" the crowd is making suggestive noises towards the two lovers as they hold hands. Liz smiles before cupping Jay's face and kissing her. The crowd applauds them.

"Hell yeah I am," She says once she pulls away. Jay looks absolutely lovey-dovey while staring at Liz with the sweetest smile. "Alright, Tristan, truth or dare?'

When I hear my name, I look like a deer in headlights as I choose truth. Jace teases me.

"Oh, come on Tris! It's your first party, go a little nuts!" Charlotte smacks his chest telling him to shut his mouth. I decide to choose dare.

"I dare you to kiss Esme." Esmeralda is a short Latina that I've only seen once in my second period class. We don't talk at all but she's close with Jay and Liz. I'm sure Liz means well and she dared me to do this for fun and games but I feel really uncomfortable and she knows I'm gay.

"Uh, I don't think I should-" I'm interrupted when Esme puts her lips to mine. Our lips stay together for ten seconds, her eyes are closed as she tiptoes to reach mine, but my eyes are wide open in shock. The crowd is cheering us on and finally she pulls away. Charlotte sees how flustered and uncomfortable I am so she tells everyone her and I are gonna stop playing.

"I'm so sorry about that, Tris."

"No, no it-it's fine. It's all fun and games till a gay guy is forced to kiss a girl, right? I walk into the kitchen, leaving Charlotte in the living room, wanting to get a beer when I remember the promise I made to mother. I feel like crying. Not because I'm sad, but because I'm upset. Not angry, just upset.

"Here," I look up and see Damon offering me a drink. "It's water," he tells me. I sniff it before taking a sip.

"Thanks," I tell him.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I got dared to kiss a girl."

"By who?"

"Liz,"

For a few seconds it's just Damon and I sitting on the kitchen floor, then he gets up-hands balled into fists- and storms outside. My eyes widen as I realize what he's going to do and I grab Charlotte, who conveniently had just walked into the kitchen, and run outside. Liz is pushing at his shoulders as he yells at her. His hands are at his sides, but his veins are popping out of his neck and his face is red in anger. He's calling her many names I would never say in front of my mother and she hits his chest.

"You're a fucking bitch!" she slaps him across the face and it seems like everyone who was outside is now silent. Jay grabs Liz and walks her to their car. Charlotte tells Jace to go with them as she grabs Damon and drags him further down the street away from everyone.

"Damon, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"She dared Tristan to kiss a girl! And you're getting mad at me? Fuck you!" he pushes passed her and walks down the sidewalk. I feel bad for mentioning anything to Damon now as Charlotte looks so lost.

"I'm sorry, I should've never told him, I just-"

"No, no it's not your fault, Tristan. This is just a very personal subject to him."

"Why?' I'm almost hesitant to ask, but the curiosity is killing me. She looks hesitant to tell me, but she tells me anyway.

"I've known Damon for years. He came out Freshman year. We were at a party the very next day and they dared him to kiss a girl. He was still new to everything. It took him forever to come out once he knew he was gay. He cried for hours after doing the dare and he felt sick to his stomach."

"I didn't know..." I'm shocked to hear this. Damon is usually so open about his sexuality and he doesn't often let things get to him. Knowing that he reacted so badly to this when it happened to him makes my heart break.

"I'm gonna get my car so I can start looking for him. Do you think you can track him by foot?" Charlotte asks once we realize he's no longer in sight. I nod my head.

"I'll text you if I find him." she hugs me before jogging back to the house to get her car. I begin walking, wondering where he would go. Then I remember that I have his phone number. I pull out my phone and call him five times before I text him.

*where are you? we're worried*

It takes ten minutes before he replies. *I'm at the corner bar*

I text Charlotte immediately and run to where Damon should be. I walk in and cough upon smelling smoke and other things. There's a dartboard in the far back and I see Damon playing it. I go to him and am relieved to know he's not injured, but he's drunk.

"Damon, let's go outside." I say calmly.

"I don't wanna," his speech is slurred and I fear he may have alcohol poisoning. Luckily Charlotte gets there two minutes later.

"Damon, let's go for a drive." she says. He gets angry and turns around looking like he's ready to fight, but Charlotte hits him in the head with a beer bottle and it shatters as he falls to the floor. I'm freaking out, looking around to see if anyone noticed what she just did but they didn't.

"Are you crazy? Why would you do that?"

"What, did you think I was gonna let him hit me?" she asks nonchalantly. I'm looking at her like she's a total lunatic. She goes to the bar and asks the bartender if he can help us carry Damon out. He gets his bouncer to help us out.

"Thanks so much for the help." she tells him after we get Damon in the backseat. We get in and she acts like everything is normal and okay. I'm just sitting there expecting her to take a knife out and stab me while she laughs evilly.

-

"Okay, so I have to talk to his parents, wait here." she tells me as she gets out of the car. It's 11:46, I have to get home soon. I hear Damon groaning before he sits up. He rubs his head as he asks where he's at.

"You're home." I say without looking at him.

"Ooh, shit. Is Char talking to them?"

"Yep."

"What happened?" he asks.

"Uh, well you kinda went off on Liz and got hit in the head with a bottle." He laughs.

"Why are you laughing?" I'm surrounded by lunatics.

"Because, it sounds like a typical Tuesday, even though today is Friday."

"Are you still drunk?" I ask him finally turning to look at him.

He smiles. "Probably,"

"Charlotte told me, about what happened during Freshman year. I'm sorry," He shrugs.

"You don't have to be sorry. It was a long time ago and I've come a long way since then. Now I get to kiss boys." he smirks at me. I almost want to let out an uncomfortably nervous laugh. He leans forward a bit. "Still got the taste of girl in your mouth?" he asks me.

I nod my head causing him to smirk again. "I can fix that." he smashes his lips to mine. I'm pretty we're French kissing. He pulls away and I'm wanting more but at the same time I feel so awkward.

"That was," I begin to say but Damon finishes for me.

"Hot," he licks his lips.

"Uh, I was gonna say nice but yeah, it-it was definitely... Nice." I'm so flustered, oh my God. We see Charlotte coming out with, I'm assuming, Damon's parents. He sighs and bows his head.

"Guess I have to deal with that." he says.

"Yep." I say. He opens his door and gets out. He knocks on my window and signals me to roll it down. "Uh, what's up?" I ask once the window is down. I hear his parents beginning to scold him as they wait on the driveway. Charlotte gets in and buckles in.

"Do you wanna go out with me?' he asks. I don't think Charlotte hears since he whispered it to me. My mouth opens and closes trying to find an answer.

"Um," is all the leaves my mouth. He smiles.

"Tell you what, if you don't text me your answer by 1, I'll know that means no." he pats the top of the car twice before walking towards his parents. They're speaking in Italian. They're slapping the back of his head and pulling him by his ear before they finally go inside. Charlotte chuckles before driving away.

I get home at midnight. Mother has been waiting for an hour so she could let me in without anyone knowing. I feel bad for making her wait but she tells me as long as I had fun, it was worth it. I go upstairs ready to go to sleep when I remember Damon's proposal. That leaves me up for another thirty minutes listing the pro's and con's about him. Finally, it's 12:56. The pro's and con's are even. I just decide to go with my heart. I get out my phone and text him to see if he's awake first.

*hey*

*hello :) have your answer*

*yes*

*and..?*

*I'll date you*

*cool, but don't tell anybody*

I'm now confused. *why not?*

*have you told your parents you're gay*

*no..*

*I want us to b a secret until you tell your parents, okay*

*okay*

*great, goodnight babe*

*goodnight*

-

a/n: LONG CHAPTER YASSS! This chapter better get like 10 likes because BRUH my back hurts from sitting here xD anyways comment and vote and share!! love you guys thanks for 200+ reads !! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 34.1K 49
[There is spelling errors and it's confusing sometimes but I'll try my best to look for them before publishing a chapter] two dominate women... all f...
139K 4.4K 30
She could have had anyone in the world with her beauty and she chose me. I will forever wonder why me? Maybe if you read it you'll find out❤️❤️
All Monsters Are Human By huh

Mystery / Thriller

962 39 18
; saying goodbye has never been harder. completed. please read the tags first, thank u heads up for the cringe, bc like, this is a lil cringy but oth...
53 0 3
Being trans amid so much transphobia is hard. I'm just me, please don't repress me.