The Midnight Cop

deyoungprof

ONGOING STORY CLICK AND READ ONE OF THE BEST ACTION STORIES ON WATTPAD A police detective Archer, instead of... Еще

Prologue : The National Police Department
Chapter 1 : A Cop Behind Bars
Chapter 2: Promoted To Jail
Chapter 3: The Cunning Doctor
Chapter 4: Sentence To Jail
Chapter 5: A Cop In Torment
Chapter 6 : Once Bitten Twice Shy
Chapter 7: The Return Of A Wounded Tiger
Chapter 8: Detective Kiara
Chapter 9 : Mendy's Forfeiture
Chapter 10: Who is Stephen Archer?
Chapter 11: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 12: Paternity 1
Chapter 14: Skeletons In The Black Box
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Chapter 15: Truth Revealed
Chapter 16: D'Abductions

Chapter 13: Mentally and Physically Hospitalized

16 1 0
deyoungprof

Our Hailey is on the verge of death, let's see how Kiara, Collins and Archer react to her death.

Happy Birthday to my one and only Grandmother Oguntade Lilian Olojoba, may God fulfill all your heart desires ma'am.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was late to turn back, if people were to help her, the door was locked hence she gave up and started to say her last prayers while in agony and her breath ran out gradually.

She lost all hope reciting her last psalms with her sweat drops making the rhythm, then she heard a loud thud, someone was near and around, her eyes forced themselves away into closure and her breath started to seize.

Suddenly, she dropped and hit the floor, she hit her head on the chair that helped her earlier and she started to bleed, she remained motionless, the fan that housed her death also dropped, tearing her legs seriously.

After Minutes of knocking and hitting, the door broke open and Kiara rushed in first and immediately removed the fan, chair and untied the rope from her neck. "God!!!, What got into you momma, why this?, Why would you resort to doing this?" Kiara asked herself in tears, as she quickly called an ambulance that took her mother to the nearest reliable hospital.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Ms. Kiara, you should be easy on yourself actually, we can't release any information until the Boss Detective is around" The Doctor announced.

"Hey" she chuckled, "what do you mean?" Kiara asked, "you're waiting for Collins?, Someone that doesn't care about my mother?" She paced forward and backward, "are you listening to waves you're playing to yourself?" She asked.

"Madam, I'm sorry to say, you're not eligible to cater for your mother's welfare" the Doctor replied.

"Mr. Doctor, I'm promising you that if something unwanted happens to my mother, I swear on my life that you'll rot behind bars" she shouted in anger.

"Ok, ok, ok, ma'am, it's not up to that though" The Doctor mellowed down and invited her to his office.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Doctor started "Madam, this is between life and death for your mother, but with the help of our standard equipments, we helped her survive though".

"Though what?" The impatient Kiara burst in.

"Madam Kiara, you have to take it very easy, she's currently in coma, Alpha coma to be specific".

"Damn Doctor, you said you've helped her" Kiara laments in an abject state.

"Madam, this is why I needed someone mature" the Doctor responded.

"So?, You mean I'm immature?" Kiara asked.

"And pompous too" the Doctor revealed caring less about the consequence of his words.

"Ok, it's normal, I'm just 15, I'm sorry" she said burying her heads into her hands in tears and then starting to clean them.

"She's in a state of wakeful relaxation that is associated with increased alpha wave activity When electroencephalograms show a brain wave pattern of 9 to 12 cycles per second. She is in an alpha state, usually described as relaxed, peaceful, or floating" the Doctor explained.

"You mean that my mother is half alive and dead?" Kiara asked.

"And also, she" he paused swallowed his spit, "she, you know?", he wiped his tears, "she has gone into cardiac arrest".

"Fuck!!!, Oh damn, what's all these?!!!" she cried unable to control her tears. Kiara felt like the world was about to collapse.

"You have to take things easy now madam, we have the best service here and we will surely make a way out of all these" the Doctor said trying to console her. "it's ok to cry but we'll work it out".

"Sir, she's my only relative sir" she said.

"You have to take it easy, we've applied Immediate CPR and after that she'll be given vasopressors, antiarrhythmics, and other drugs such as sodium bicarbonate, calcium, magnesium, atropine, fibrinolytic drugs, and corticosteroids to help her survive". The Doctor explained.

"So, she'll survive?" Kiara asked.

"Yes, but as a Cripple and she'll be subjected to constant mental medications" The Doctor revealed.

"You mean that my mother is now mentally ill?, and she'll have to end her life on a wheelchair?" Kiara asked still crying, her deeds dawned on her and she cried bitterly. She stood up wiped her face, "a detective shouldn't be found crying".

"Ma?, What did you say?" The Doctor asked, but got no reply,  Kiara left the office.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Madam I'm back, I want to take the Paternity results" Kiara at the Medical Examiners Office.

"Oh!!, so early?, You're really eager to know your real father" Ms. Damien said, "well, the results are out".

"Then they should be on my hands" Kiara retorted.

"Yes ma'am" she said bowing and handing the file over to Kiara.

"Thanks, I'll make a transfer into your account before leaving now" Kiara said trying to open the file.

"Hey, why don't you get home before opening that" Ms. Damien said.

"It's not of any concern to you Ma'am, I'm going to pay into your account now and that's what still holds me here" Kiara said bringing her phone out to make the transaction.

"Oh, don't bother, I ain't need your money" Ms. Damien retorted showing Kiara her way out.

"I'll not fail to send the money to you" Kiara said going out.

"Well, well, you should save money to take care of your mentally and physically hospitalized mother instead" Ms. Damien retorted followed her and locked the door against her.

Kiara felt the fire of rage burning in her nerves, she was shaking seriously, "Ms. Damien knows about my mother's condition, how come?" She pondered, she went back to the hospital.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
AT THE HOSPITAL

"Can I see my mother?" Kiara asked.

"Yes ma'am, she's awake and she's been asking to see you, please we'll like you to drop your contact so that we can reach out to you when you're needed" the nurse at the OPD told her.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Mom" Kiara muttered, "Mom" she said moving close to her mom who was firstly placed on a wheel chair, fluids were still running into her veins, but she was looking right at her saying no word.

Slowly and tenderly she said "Kiara, my daughter, how are you"? she coughed a couple of times while Kiara picked a bottle of water nearby to feed her with.

"Take it easy mom, I know it now, I was totally wrong" Kiara meekly apologized holding her mother's hands tightly.

"K-i-a-r-a" she called, "I'm sorry, it's all my fault, I shouldn't have taken it up to this length" Hailey crying.

No mom, I caused you all this calamity" she said sitting beside her on the bed, "I promise that I will make it up to you mom"

"Hahahahahaha" Hailey laughs hysterically, "I will make it myself, either up, down, sideways, I will always make it myself" Hailey begins to rant and behave in rather questionable manner and there was Kiara, ready to put her manners into question.

"Hey mom, what is wrong?" Kiara asked.

"🎵Oh oh oh oh oh oh, I'm always wrong
Even as I'm singing this song
It won't be long and I will die again🎵" Hailey continued to sing.

"Mom!!!, Stop all these jokes, will you?" Kiara bursts out in anger.

"Yes, I will my love, I will marry you my dear Archer, Stephen darling I always will" she continues to rant, "it's a yes, it's a yes" she said trying to jump of the bed.

"Holy Mary, mother of Jesus Christ" Kiara laments in tears.

"Hey Kiara, my teddy bear, why are you crying?" Hailey asked trying to wipe her tears.

"Mom, I'm so sorry, I now realize my error, please forgive me" Kiara pleaded.

"I know you're angry with me but don't let us shift blames now mom, it's all right" Kiara replied.

"You will always be the love of my life, I'm not angry with you" Hailey said hugging Kiara tightly.

"Mom, the results show that Archer is not my father, Collins is" Kiara informed her mother.

Hailey was silent for some seconds after which her hysterical laughter resumes "ha ha ha, you're an orphan?, Wow, just like I am, ha ha ha" Kiara was shocked at the reply of her mother, her mental state is getting the best of her, "you're not talking?, Well, it's normal, my condolences to your family for the loss of your father".

"Stop it mom!!!, Stop it!!!, Will you stop this already?" Kiara rakes, "I need answers mom, answers, to a mountain of questions, how will I manage to survive with you this way" she stood up trying to leave when she was stopped by the doctor who has obviously been at the door for some time.

"My friend, don't leave me out, I wish to attend his burial too" Hailey cries baby-ishly.

"God, how long will this continue" Kiara thought turning back to face her mother.

"Now the length is very long and the breath is uncalculatable, that is why I've been telling you to always wear your socks on your hands and your gloves on your leg, so that the length and breadth will be parallely and horizontally equidismenour" Hailey rants, Kiara observed for a while trying to digest the words one after the other. She remembered when the doctor talked about mental disorder.

"Has Hailey gone crazy?" Kiara said aloud to herself.

"No, Hailey has gone to the mall, she purchased all sort of rags for the fashion, all sort of wigs to mop the floors of the city" Hailey exclaimed, she tried to stand up and that was how Kiara realized that she has been tied all day long.

"Mom I'm sorry", Kiara held her hands crying deeply and apologizing contritely.

"Kiara, why are you crying?" Hailey asked holding Kiara's cheek.

The Doctor entered after watching the drama to his content, "don't let the shock eat you up, that's her condition"

"You mean that she goes crazy temporarily?" Kiara asked.

"Yes, I have informed you earlier, that she hit her head on something, and it affects her brain" the Doctor explains.

"But she was normal some minutes ago" Kiara said.

"She could be if there's no pressure on her, if you ask her deep questions or questions that could hurt her emotions, her brains will recess, her brain is weak and cannot take pressure" the Doctor explained.

Kiara could only nod along with the doctor, then she asked "so, will this be permanent?".

"No madam and I realized that you were trying to tell her something" the doctor said.

"Yes Doc." Kiara muttered while still sobbing.

"Why is my daughter crying?" Hailey asked.

"Mom, I've received the results for the test" Kiara said.

"The Paternity test?" Hailey asked.

"Yes" Kiara said.

"So?" Hailey asked.

"I want you to check it yourself" Kiara replied.

"That is why you fail your exams, you should check and tick only the correct answers" Hailey laments trying to force herself off the chain.

"Oh, she's gone again".

"If you could wait till she takes her medications, she can withstand some amount of pressure, though too much might be harmful to the brain" the doctor explained.

"Oh, so when will that be possible?" Kiara questioned.

"By night fall"

"Ok, doc, I'll be back by then" Kiara said leaving the ward and the hospital to head back home.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Stay tuned, it's not been easy trying to compile this part of the story, especially with various medical research that could wear your brain out though I had a great writer's block to battle, but thanks to God I'm off it. I'm back on track but now I've shifted the update from Tuesday to Saturday based on reasons that people have more time to read on Saturdays that any other day. ONE LOVE Deyoungprof loves you all.

© Deyoungprof Stories 2022

Written and Arranged by Deyoungprof (Solomon Stephen Sunday)

Edited and Reviewed by Samuel Ikubuwaje

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Twisted Truths.... Starshine71

Детектив / Триллер

1.7K 253 8
The old case is opened after so many years and two detectives are on quest to solve... what happens when they uncover many things during the investig...
AISHA Derek_Owusu

Боевик

4.1K 668 32
A ladiesman cop, A beautiful thief and a priceless jewel. In times of love and romance, do the laws still work? In the face of wealth, does the word...
Mischief Of Midnight Sherlock Grosvenor

Детектив / Триллер

74 27 24
Murder occurs left and right, commoners die while the nobles feast. A man from the Scotland yard started making his own investigation and became an i...
Mikaal Noelle A. Harte

Любовные романы

16.1K 762 57
[Featured on Wattpad Picks 2018 - Undiscovered, For Now] A clean & wholesome romance riddled with mystery (without crime)... In the midst of recoveri...