Seat Number Zero

By KunaTheTrash

Shokugeki no soma Fanfic Finally my suspension is over. I wonder how my brother is doing, he just transferred... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 15.5
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Extra Part 1

Part 29.5

1K 28 14
By KunaTheTrash

"Satoshi!" Yumi shouts, chasing after him. She cursed internally. This crazy bastard. 

As someone who hasn't stepped out of her room or the dorm's kitchen, touching grass is the last thing she wants to do, much less running around on zero stamina at top speed, uphill in the middle of nowhere.

"Wait." she gasps, resting her hands on her knees, catching her breath. It's times like these where she's glad she decided to wear casuals instead of her usual uniform. Just a simple t-shirt and shorts. But damn is it hot!

"Are you okay?" He asked, gently pressing a cold bottle of water to her face.

She flinched at the sudden freeze before muttering, "I'm not." She grabs the water and rehydrates herself.

"Hang in there," Satoshi encourages. "We're almost at our destination." He held her hand and pulled her along, guiding her the rest of the way.

"How are you not dying?" She grumbles after him. Today was one of those rare times where Yumi is allowed to lay eyes on her boyfriend when he isn't wearing a Totsuki uniform or... an apron. She snuck a glance at his half button blazers, her eyes glossed over his exposed collarbone, and his flawless skin glistened with sweat. "So not fair," she grumbles.

"Hm?" He turned around and smirks knowingly.

Yumi quickly averted her eyes and changed the subject. "After dragging me halfway across the hemisphere. I deserve to know where we are going."

"It's a surprise." He laughed, "we already came this far, you should be glad I didn't make you wear a blindfold."

"If I was blindfolded I would've made you carry me."

"You know, that's not a bad idea." He responds suggestively.

Yumi's eyes widened, "Don't you dare."

"I'm just kidding." He laughs. "Oh, we're here."

She stopped in her tracks, they were on top of a hill, high enough to feel the wind against her neck. "What's so important that you wanted to show me?" She looked at him like he just committed a crime.

"Look down." Satoshi rolls his eyes playfully. She looked in the direction where he's pointing, her eyes lit up by the scenery.

Enclosed within rows of trees, a painted sky decorated by puffs of clouds and at the center a field dotted by yellow.

"A dandelion field?" She said in wonder.

"Happy birthday." He said, reaching over to hold her hands."Yumi."

"My birthday?" She was stunned. When was the last time she celebrated this day back at home with her twin, she completely forgot it was today.

Her face flushed red, as she watched him gently hold their intertwined hand, playfully fondling each digit. "But it's November and... is that why we are in Singapore?" She looked around at the field that's vibrant with color. "How did you even find this?"

"That's a secret," He replies with a smirk. She blushed even more, averting her gaze to look anywhere else that isn't her boyfriend's face. His face should be a crime.

"It must be great being a member of the Elite Ten," Yumi grumbles under her breath.

Satoshi laughs at her words before gently guiding her down the hill to where a blanket is neatly placed with a large basket sitting in the center.

"Did this just appear out of thin air?" Yumi asks with a frown, as she did not recall seeing a bright red and white checkered-pattern picnic setup from atop the hill.

"Here, I even got you a cake." He said holding candles and a lighter, with a grin.

"You totally ignored my question just now didn't you?" Yumi asked, squinting her eyes. "How long was this here, and in the sun?"

"Make a wish." He smiled holding a small slice of cake in front of her. The two candles glowed on top of the cake, flickering against the light breeze.

She squinted at the lack of candles. "I'm not two." Although she was dissatisfied by the situation she still closed her eyes and after a moment to herself, she gently blew the candles out.

She looked up at him. "There? happy?"

"Mm." He set the cake down and tore off a bite sized chunk and put it into his mouth. Her golden met his cyan eyes that glinted with mischief. Before she could react he grabbed her by the waist and brought their bodies close.

Tenderly held by the nape of her neck, their faces inched closer until they connected into a kiss. Her body stiffened as the taste of frosting spread through her mouth. Her hand clutched at his shirt begging for release. But he refused to let go, pressing his tongue deeper into her warmth.

Only when the taste of cake dissipated did he pull away, their breath ragged as it fanned across their face. The lack of breath caused her to go lightheaded, though she's unsure whether she hated that feeling. The hand that was on her nape traveled down to the small of her back, holding her gently preventing her from swaying.

He cupped her face, "Very happy." He whispers, his voice tickled at her ears causing a shiver down her spine.

"I.. hate you." She spoke every other breath with much difficulty.

"Hm." He hums brushing her words aside. He held the rest of the cake in his hand. "How is the cake? Made it myself."

"I wouldn't know." She begrudgingly said.

"Was I that good, that you forgot what the cake tasted like?" Satoshi teased.

"I'll end you." She threatens, reaching for the place where she normally puts her knives. Only when she grabbed at empty air did she remember that her knives were still in her suitcase that she had yet to unpack.

"How bout we eat first?" He laughs before splitting the cake with his hands and offering her the larger piece with the strawberries and chocolate decorations. She glares at him, then with a sigh, she leans down and bites into her share of the cake. "It's been a long time since I've had chocolate."

"I'll make it as often as you like." He smiles as he watches her finish the cake from his hands as he pops the rest into his mouth. Clapping the crumbs off his hands he reached for the basket.

"What's for lunch? It smells divine." She asks, wiping her face with the back of her hand.

"It's nearly dusk." He said, pulling a face, as he hands her napkins.

"Your point?" She asked, raising a brow then scoots over to peek inside the basket. "Ooh sushi."

"Yep, baked sushi. Mayo, cheese, vinegar..." He started listing the ingredients off his fingers, which only made her frown in disgust. "Stop analyzing our food."

"And why are you listing the toppings first?" Yumi said. "You're ruining the taste."

"Sorry." He apologizes, handing her a bag of seaweed. Her eyes glittered as she ripped open the packaging and took a sheet out to wrap a large spoonful of sushi. She bit into it with a wolfish bite.

"Haha." He laughs, wiping away the stray rice off her face. He licked it off dragging the flat of his tongue slowly against his fingertips, making sure she's watching as he knows the power it holds on her.

"Gslkjfshfs." She blushed madly, gaping at him stunned.

He laughs amusingly at her reaction.

*****************

After they cleaned up a bit Yumi laid her head down on his shoulders as she glanced towards the horizon above the trees. The brief dash of color that was painted throughout the sky was short lived. But in those few moments, she could admire her boyfriend, showered in that beautiful golden light.

"Maybe we should've saved the cake for after the sushi." Satoshi suddenly spoke amid the silence.

"Everything's going into our stomachs. What difference does it make." Yumi responds.

He hums pleasantly, as he places his arms around her shoulders and runs a hand through her red locks. "Am I that good looking?" He asks, changing the subject.

"W-what? I was not-?" She stammers foolishly, giving up any chance to subtly cover up her lies. "I-i..."

"Hm, you were staring too much," Satoshi smirks. "I'm glad that I am so attractive in the eyes of my girlfriend."

Yumi pursed her lips, unwilling to confirm nor deny the accusation.

"I wonder if I should take more off." He hums, fiddling with the third button of his blazer

"No!" She panic shouts, turning around covering her eyes. She knows for a fact that he's teasing her but she can't help it.

The audacity of this guy, she's missing the best part of the sunset.

************

The sky had darkened to a starry night. To the side are the remains of their 'lunch' and a tent fully set up behind them. Don't ask her where the tent came from she wouldn't be able to tell you.

"Hm." he hums stroking lovingly at her hair. Yumi leaned into his hand and closed her eyes.

"Are you tired?" He whispers fully knowing the answer, he scoots over and guides her head to his lap.

"If you knew the answer..." Yumi murmurs, stifling her yawns with her hand. "...why ask?" She leans against him. "It's too bad you don't have softer thighs," she said, relaxing herself, as she scans the night sky for any notable constellations.

"Should I carry a pillow then?" He laughs.

"No," she looked up at him. "I prefer this... better." She replies sheepishly.

He responds with a laugh, running his hand through her red locks. His hand mindlessly traveled to the end of her hair and onto her shoulders, following the path down her side to her waist. He caught himself doing this a couple of times and quickly withdrew his hand.

"Why do you love me, Satoshi?" He paused his movements then slid his hands down to the side of her face, turning her to him.

"What's not to love about you." he ran a finger just above her cheekbone, smoothing the skin under her eye. "The cute face that scrunches when I tease you. Your sarcastic nature, and the sass you display when you cook."

"Those aren't compliments." She frowns in protest.

"But they are you." He smiles down at her, lovingly caressing her face. "And I love how much you enjoy my food more than anyone."

"Hmph." Yumi pouts.

He removed himself from under her head and climbed above her, he arched his back till their foreheads touched. He made a face as he feigned hurt. "What do I need to do to have you believe me?" His voice just above a whisper.

She bite her lower lips, tempted by the thoughts that run through her mind.

"What are you thinking about Yumi?" He purs into her ear.

"Nothing." She bashfully shook her head.

Satoshi laughs then snaked both his arms around her waist and lifts her up. She yelped at the sudden movement, and immediately grabbed at his shoulders so she wouldn't fall. He placed her down gently onto his lap, allowing her to straddle him. Their foreheads still touching as they peered into each other's eyes.

"Let go, I'm heavy."

"Nope." he wraps his arms tighter around her waist, refusing to let go. He smirks, enjoying the pleasant weight on his lap.

After uselessly struggling against him for a bit, she swallows her shame and meekly asks. "Please let me go." Yumi's voice quiet as she begged. Her eyes shined with a layer of tears as she gripped his shoulders.

The hair that framed her face flowed unrestrained, moving in accordance with the wind. Her plea fell on his ears like gentle rain, resonating through him and tugged at his heartstring. His eyes widened, and he almost for a moment loosened his hold around her.

"Kiss me." He finally told her.

Yumi's eyes widened, stunned at his words. After a moment of hesitation, she swallowed thickly and leaned down. And for a moment it was bliss, and she chased after it. Her tongue glazed over his lips that slowly curled into a smirk, angry at his smug attitude she ignored all barriers and dove into his warmth.

Her fingers tangle into his orange hair, pulling it for a better angle. A sound close to a growl left his lips in response, but she didn't care. His hands wander at the edge of her t-shirt, causing her to gasp. He took full advantage of her momentary shock and pushed to overpower her. Ending their game of tango, by pinning her down, pressing her back onto the blanket.

Wincing at her arms that are pinned above her head. "You said you would let me go." She whines in defeat, her chest heaves up and down as she gasps heavily.

"No. I asked you to kiss me." He whispers, holding her face by the chin. "I didn't promise anything."

He seals her lips shut once more with his. A full tongue kiss that would leave her breathless and hot inside.  It was the same feeling she experienced after the first time she had the pleasure of eating his dish. A desire that would swell in the pit of her stomach.

They pulled away and stared at each other.

"My Yumi," he whispers. "My beautiful Yumi."

Satoshi rolled to the side and brought her closer to his chest. Yumi, under those sweet words snuggles into him, pressing her ear against his chest. She sighs content and drifts to sleep listening to the sound of his heartbeat.

The scene fades to black and she awoke to the jingle of her alarm. Her eyes open to the familiar sight of her dorm room. She looked over at the phone lying next to her blinking on and off notifying her that it was morning.

A dream?

Yumi touched her lips as she remembered the taste of that cake. She blushed at the memory of burning candles that flickered in the wind. 

Make a wish. The faint voice resonated in her head. Yumi smiles warmly as she bashfully hides a part of her face into her blanket. She remembered her birthday like it was yesterday.

I wish this moment would last.

************

I was this close, this close to making the fanfic rated mature. O////O

Writing fluff is so much easier than lore.

Their first kiss in this fic and it's not even in the main story.

Anyway, how y'all doing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.6K 31
A girl with galaxy eyes named Selina was taken as a little girl and was put through experiments that gave her inhuman abilities. She was saved at the...
507K 14.7K 109
Kuroko Tetsuya, the phantom six man, has a sister that none of his friends has ever known. How are they going to react once they found out?
314K 14.9K 21
[Book One] "I'm proud of who I am. A thief, a lone traveler who never stops running. Just watch me, I will fight and survive, for me and by myself." ...
495K 17.6K 31
Chiharu Haruno is Sakura's twin sister. Everyone thought that she was just another normal genin about to end up in a team but they had no idea that s...