Warrior, Or Devil? (Attack on...

By RWBYCheesecoffee

A former member of Marley's warrior program is given the ultimate opportunity. More

Running; Surviving
Warhammer Onslaught
Aftermath
Paradis
The Attacking Man
Shiganshina
Mikasa
Carla
Infinite Garden

Eren and Armin

1.6K 83 23
By RWBYCheesecoffee

POV-(Y/n):

I stretched, feeling refreshed for the first time in awhile. The muscle pain felt...bearable now that I had eaten something filling. A wave of energy rushed through me, not enough to allow me to stand but enough to ease the agony.

There was a small commotion outside, like dirt was being kicked up. I listened closely, two pairs of feet ran towards the house; one significantly faster than the other. A rattle of wood followed them, like they were carrying a sack of sticks or a box of lumber. Two shadows passed through the window signifying that they had just walked past it and stopped at the door.

The door rattled and creaked as it opened, bathing more of the main kitchen and dining room in the tangerine rays of the evening sun. Two children walked in, both looking about my age or maybe a tiny bit younger.

     The first one was a very cute girl! I could tell just by looking at her that this had to be the "Eren" that Ms Carla was telling me about earlier. She looked so much like her Mother! Standing at about my height, she wore dark hazel trousers and a green shirt with string tassels at the collar to keep it snug; along with a thin maroon coat over that and humble brown shoes to match.

     Her skin complexion was fairly tanned and she had lovely soft deep brown hair that extended down a little past her shoulders with bangs that messily covered her forehead. What immediately got my attention on her cute rounded face though was her eyes. Two ocular orbs of deep emerald that carried a fierce and determined view to them, her lips curved into a smirk with a cute nose to top it all off.

     Upon seeing her only one immediate thought crossed my mind.

     Is every girl on this island attractive?

     Another strayed in behind her, breathing heavily and out of breath. This one was a cute young boy that looked to be the same age as the girl. He wore long brown dress pants with matching shoes and a white collared shirt with a light blue single button jacket. His frame was rather small with a light skin complexion. He had a somewhat feminine rounded face that had two pretty blue eyes and blonde hair that was fashioned into a bob cut.

The heaving blonde closed the door as they both walked in; with the brunette girl walking over and sitting what looked to be a a small rack of twigs and branches carried on the back next to the stone hearth of the fireplace.

Carla: Welcome home, did all go well?

Eren: We found plenty of wood but the assholes bothering Armin started—

She paused her sentence as she looked at me, her pretty eyes wide with surprise; likely because I was actually conscious. Her stare made me rather nervous so I decided to try and greet her.

(Y/n): H-Hello.

Eren: You're awake!

     (Y/n): Yes I am, thanks to your family's care.

     She smiled, then pulled up a chair sitting across from me.

     Eren: So are you really from out there like Dad told us?

     (Y/n): Out...where?

     Eren: Beyond the Walls silly!

     (Y/n): Y-Yes I am.

     Eren: What's it like?!

     (Y/n): Well—

     Eren: Where are you from?

     (Y/n): I'm from—

     Eren: What did the lands look like where you're from?

     (Y/n): I—

     Eren: Were there titans there too?

     (Y/n): There—

     Eren: Is there—

     Carla: Eren.

     The girl momentarily stopped at her mother's stern tone, clearly realizing that she may have been asking too many questions. Not that I minded the questions, I just wasn't quite fast enough to answer all of them before she'd ask another.

     Carla: The boy just woke up a few minutes ago, give him a little while to adjust before you go tearing his ears off with questions. I'm sure he'll be happy to answer them once he's properly used to his new surroundings.

     The young girl smiled a little in embarrassment at her outburst, brushing her messy hair back behind her ears.

     Eren: Right, sorry about that. I just got excited is all.

     (Y/n): I don't mind! I'm flattered that you're that interested in the knowledge of a stray like me.

     Eren: Well, you're not a stray anymore!

     (Y/n): *chuckles* Thank you!

     Eren: I'm Eren, by the way. And that's Armin over there.

     She stood up from the chair and gave a small bow. The blonde boy whom was now standing next to the table did as well.

     (Y/n): Eren, Armin; it's very nice to meet you both! I'm (Y/n).

     I would have bowed if I could, but I couldn't necessarily stand up on my own in order to do so. So I bowed my head, hoping that it would show the same level of gratitude and respect. It seemed to work as they both gave an affirming grin.

     There was then another interruption, a bang at the door followed by shouting.

     ??????: Get out here brat! You can't hide in there forever!

     Eren: Shit!

     Carla: Eren, what did you two get into this time?

     Eren: They were picking on Armin again Mom! I couldn't just stand by and do nothing! All I did to them was a single kick to the groin.

     Carla: On just one of them?

     The girl looked down and sighed.

     Eren: *sighs* On each one of them.

     I resisted the urge to congratulate her.

     Armin: It's my fault, they hate it when I talk about the outside world and heard Eren and I speaking about it. They get mad when I talk about the world because...they think it's pointless outside the walls.

The boy had a rather melancholy tone to his voice, like he was both sad and terrified to go out and face them. Carla walked towards the door like she was going to try and defuse the situation; but I wasn't really willing to risk them hurting the Angel or my new friends.

(Y/n): Mikasa.

Mikasa: Yes?

(Y/n): Please help me up.

There was a small moment of clarity as she looked me in the eyes. I didn't have to explain my request or anything. Like she knew exactly what I wanted to do and was more than willing to help me do it and she helped me up. Within a few seconds thanks to her strength, we were at the door.

Carla: (Y/n)! What are you doing?

(Y/n): Diplomacy.

Carla: Are you crazy? They could hurt you!

(Y/n): They could, but they won't.

Armin: How can you tell?

(Y/n): I know they're type.

Eren: Let me help!

(Y/n): That won't be needed, just wait.

I reached out and opened the door to see three kids that looked a couple years older than me. One was rather rotund and had a large nose, the other two looked damn-near more emaciated than I did when I first arrived on this island. The rotund one spoke.

??????: Oh so they're hiding behind a cripple now? Hah!

(Y/n): Not hiding, just doing as I told them and waiting.

??????: Waiting for what?!

(Y/n): This.

I let go of Mikasa and forced myself forward into a lunge, focusing the strength I had in order to do so. Not giving them the time to react, I threw a single punch. I only had one shot at this and needed to get it right before I collapsed. Putting the small amount of strength I had left into the punch; my fist collided with the rotund one's jaw. Blood came spurting out of his mouth as two of his teeth disconnected from his gum-line; rather decayed teeth at that, and rattled across the stone path. He fell to the ground in the dirt ditch beside the path, completely unconscious.

God Damn; enhanced shifter strength really is something else.

Unfortunately I had no time to celebrate, as I couldn't stand anymore and began to fall backwards; my legs buckling from not being fully recovered yet. However; I was both pleased and very lucky to be caught by Mikasa. The other two kids looked absolutely terrified that their ringleader had been struck down, but looked even more terrified once Mikasa made eye contact with them. The cold dark eyes of the girl's gaze dashed any hopes they had of retaliating.

It seemed she had her own reputation with the local riffraff, I respect that.

(Y/n): Pick him up, and fuck off.

The two thin boys did just that; struggling to drag their friend away as I stood watch. I stood there; with Mikasa's help of course, until they were completely out of site.

     Mikasa: Think they'll stay away?

     (Y/n): From the house, probably. We'll have to be careful going into the town though.

     Mikasa: They won't be able to hurt us once you're healed, between both of our strengths we'll overwhelm them easily.

     (Y/n): Speaking of; they were terrified of you. Have you been in your fair share of neighborhood scraps?

     Mikasa: I've been in a couple.

     (Y/n): Liar; it has to be more. The other two were practically pissing themselves when you stepped in to catch me.

     She gave a small grin, and that's all I needed to know.

     (Y/n): Excellent. I knew this before but, I feel we'll make a great team.

     After standing there for a minute to make sure they wouldn't come back, we both went back inside. Carla, Eren, and Armin all looked astonished. Once Mikasa had helped me get back to the chair, the silence broke.

     Eren: That was amazing!

     Armin: You beat him with just a single punch!

     (Y/n): Well, now he'll have more than just aching testicles to worry about.

Eren: Can you teach me how to hit that hard?

(Y/n): It wasn't all that special, just a punch with decent form.

Eren: Don't be modest, that was incredible!

(Y/n): Thank you Eren, but it wasn't all me. If Mikasa hadn't been around I would have been in trouble once I fell.

Mikasa: I didn't do as much on this one, (Y/n) had the main one spitting out teeth and soaking the dirt with blood. He deserves credit.

Eren: Great! Please show me your form...when you recover I mean.

(Y/n): I'd be glad to, Eren.

     Though he hadn't spoken much to me at this point; Armin walked up to me looking like he was about to say something but also looking a bit nervous.

     Armin: Th-Thanks for your help with those guys (Y/n), I'm not too sure what they would have done or how long they would have stood out there waiting had you not stepped in.

     (Y/n): I'm very glad I could help Armin, I wasn't willing to let them hurt any of you.

     Armin: May I ask a question?

     (Y/n): Of course.

     Armin: How did you know they'd flee after you hit the big one?

     (Y/n): I didn't, but it's always a good idea to cut the head off the snake; so to speak.

     Armin: That's...very smart.

Carla: That was very brash to do in your condition (Y/n).

(Y/n): I know, Ms Carla. I'm very sorry if I worried you.

She gave that same angelic smile that made my heart almost melt.

Carla: You didn't let me finish. That was brash, but I'm glad to have had you around to help.

I immediately perked up at the woman's praise.

     (Y/n): W-well I gotta earn my keep somehow don't I?

     Carla: You don't have to worry about that—wait, you're hurt!

     She pointed to my right hand, which I then looked at in turn. It had two more teeth from the guy I punched lodged into my knuckles. One in the knuckle of my middle finger, the other in the ring finger. Not too deep, but enough to be concerning.

     (Y/n): Oh, I didn't notice. I guess the adrenaline of the moment nullified the pain.

     The woman quickly rushed to another room. Within seconds, she was back out with a bag of what looked to be first aid stuff. She gently took my hand and with a pair of tweezers; began to pull the lodged teeth from my hand.

     Carla: Brace yourself, this will hurt a bit.

     (Y/n): Thank you, Ms Carla.

     She pulled the tooth out of my middle finger, and it hurt a little but wasn't too bad. The second one hurt quite a bit more but I was so focused on her gentle warm touch that it didn't bother me. After the teeth were finished, she applied what looked to be hydrogen peroxide to the wounds, letting them fizz up a bit to kill the germs before wiping them clean. I didn't know the people on this island had access to that type of stuff, but it could have also been Grisha's.

She wrapped my hand up in light bandages afterwards. For once I'm actually glad my body was too fatigued to regenerate because that would have been awkward to explain. She even gave a little kiss to my hand like she was trying to make it better with that alone.

     Carla: There! It should heal nicely as long as you don't pick at it. If it doesn't heal as well then my husband will be home soon enough and he can check on it.

     As is per usual; I was a blushing mess with this Angel.

     (Y/n): Th-Thanks again, Ms Carla.

     The sun was now setting behind the distant mountains, not that we could see them within the Walls. As the night sky descended; the door to the home opened, the calm click of dress shoes echoed against the stone path outside. As the figure walked in, Carla and Eren reacted with familiarity.

     Carla: So, you're finally home. Did all go well?

     Eren: Dad!

     I turned around to see the cold eyes...

    Of The Attacking Man once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596 17 11
Y/n L/n, A hero in training of the Saiyan Race, finally makes it into UA.
719 36 6
𝘫𝘦𝘒𝘯 𝘬π˜ͺ𝘳𝘴𝘡𝘦π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘹 𝘣𝘭𝘒𝘀𝘬 𝘳𝘦𝘒π˜₯𝘦𝘳 Y/n decides to go out one night with her friends but instead stuff happens and she ends up meeti...
6.8K 88 19
Latina sanders is a special girl, with a a tragic past, wishes to train and join the scouts and free humanity from the Titans rein of terror, by stil...
33K 872 11
(Y/N) gets expelled and has to go to another school where he meats a shy nerdy Levi and he tries to make Levi's life a little better day by day. A...