Golden

By OverlyDramatic12

She was not the chosen one. She was not a long-lost princess. She was not a mythical creature. She was not sp... More

Chapter I: Golden
Chapter II: Watermelon Sugar
Chapter III: Rare
Chapter IV: Kinda Crazy
Chapter V: Fine Line
Chapter VI: Fun
Chapter VII: Crowded Room
Chapter VIII: To Be So Lonely
Chapter IX: She
Chapter X: Lights Up
Chapter XI: Cut You Off
Chapter XII: People You Know
Chapter XIII: Falling
Chapter XIV: Bad Liar
Chapter XV: Woman
Chapter XVI: Vulnerable
Chapter XVII: Two Ghosts
Chapter XVIII: Past Life
Chapter XIX: Back To You
Chapter XX: Lose You To Love Me
Chapter XXI: Boyfriends
Chapter XXIII: Only You

Chapter XXII: Daylight

87 6 4
By OverlyDramatic12

Selena woke up with a headache. And like she was run over by a truck. It didn't matter that she slept for several hours. She still felt drained emotionally and mentally.

The sun was already up and daylight poured in through the high windows. But why did she feel like she was still stuck in a dark ditch with no way to get out?

The boys were still asleep. She could hear their soft breathing as they slept soundly. At least as soundly as they could.

She could see Liam's hand underneath his pillow. She knew he had a small gun there whenever he slept.

She could also see the small frown between Niall's brows, like he was worrying about everything even in his sleep.

Harry was probably the one in the bathroom right now. She could hear the shower running and Harry wasn't in any of the beds.

Did he even sleep?

She slowly sat up, massaging her temple to try and ease the headache.

She wasn't sure how she would face them now that they know her darkest secret.

Especially Harry. She worried he would see her differently now that he knew.

Run.

There was a small voice in her head urging her to go. Just grab the keys and never show her face to any of them again. She picked up a few tips from them on how to stay hidden and disappear. She could do it.

Her headache only seemed to be getting worse.

"You okay?" she heard someone say.

She didn't even notice that Zayn had came in and was now kneeling in front of her. She stared back at his pretty brown eyes.

She was so preoccupied that she had forgotten about wearing contacts. But Zayn didn't comment on her now golden eyes.

"Do I have to answer that?" she whispered.

Zayn gave her a small smile then he opened his arms. Selena didn't even hesitate and just leaned forward, placing her head on his shoulder as he engulfed her in a warm embrace.

It was something they used to do whenever someone had a bad day but didn't want to talk about it.

Everything was so easy with Zayn.

Selena sighed. She leaned in even further, burrowing her head in the nook of his neck and letting herself be comforted.

At least for this moment, she felt a bit safe. Zayn was still the same. Even when he knew about Drew and what she had gone through.

It comforted her that he didn't look at her with pity in his eyes.

She wished she could stay like this. Even for a little while.

Just without the complications outside of the bubble Zayn provided for her right now.

She had just closed her eyes when a burst of golden light erupted between the two of them. Golden threads of light sprouted from her fingertips and embraced her and Zayn.

She felt her skin tingle as she felt ecstasy run down her spine. Selena saw a memory flashed in her mind, of a wonderful night she shared with Zayn during that unforgettable summer they shared.

The sudden blinding light woke Liam and Niall, with Liam pointing the gun at Zayn.

Even the bathroom door suddenly burst open to reveal Harry. His hair was still dripping wet and he only had his pants on.

It took all of them a moment to grasp what was happening.

Selena was clutching Zayn so hard until the light faded.

"What the actual shit-" Liam began to say.

"You're a keyper?!" Niall gasped.

"Fuck," Harry muttered, gripping the door knob so hard he almost broke it.

"Hey, you okay?" Zayn whispered, softly patting Selena's back.

"The fuck, did you two just bond?" Liam added.

"You have some explaining to do, Zayn," Selena murmured. She closed her eyes again and waited for the feeling to ebb away from her skin.

She didn't see the green-eyed monster making its way out into the daylight. Niall did, so once again he quickly positioned himself between Zayn and Harry.

Zayn only helped Selena lie down again.

"I didn't mean for that to happen," Zayn said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Selena said. She realized he knew she was the Golden that afternoon they saw each other again - that moment they touched and he froze.

Touch. It was Zayn's heightened sense.

"You were supposed to find out on your own."

"I was?"

"Yeah, it's part of the pact that Keyper families had. The Golden finds her Keypers."

Selena frowned as she though how she really didn't find all the Keypers she had right now.

Liam whistled, "Isn't it such a coincidence that you're exes with two of the Keypers? Ya sure are diligent, picking out Keypers before you became Golden."

But now that she thought of it, it was within Liam's personality to screw with the rules. Even age-old pacts between other Keypers.

Zayn shook his head and sat next to Selena. "I wasn't the original keyper."

Everyone waited for Zayn to continue.

"My sister was," Zayn lamented. "But she died almost four years ago. And the key was transferred to me."

Selena gasped and sat up, "Donny? You mean she's..."

Zayn nodded solemnly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Zayn," Selena wrapped her arms around him this time.

"It's all right," Zayn said. "I got my revenge from The Family anyway."

Niall's face fell, "They're really hunting keypers and our families?"

"Now, now. We all know they're shit people to begin with," Liam said as he smacked Niall's back. "We have more pressing matters right now. Like how much more fun it will be to watch this drama unfold."

Liam sniggered as he glanced at Harry.

"Where's your key?" Selena asked, changing the topic before Liam aggravated Harry and their situation more.

"I'll show you later," Zayn gave her a small smile. "Why don't you rest some more?"

"Ohhh, you heard that Harry? He'll show her later! Is it in your-"

Niall suddenly grabbed Liam by the neck and began dragging him outside, "We're just gonna buy some food."

"Wait, I wanna watch-" Liam began to say but Niall covered his mouth with his arm and just dragged him away with all his strength.

Harry shook his head and grabbed a shirt to wear.

"Has it subsided?" Zayn asked as he softly brushed his fingertips on her cheeks.

Selena's cheeks were twinged in pink as she remembered the memory that flashed before her. She squeaked out, "Yes."

Harry's eye twitched. He disliked how Zayn was acting like it was only him and Selena left in the room.

He cleared his throat.

Zayn turned to look at him, "Since we have to get along for her sake, we should get along Harry."

He stood up and walked towards Harry. Zayn extended his hand to him, "Truce?"

Selena only watched them. She knew they needed to work out whatever issues they had by themselves. That and she was just really tired to stand in between them at that moment.

Still, she sat straight just in case.

Harry stared at his hand. "So what happens when you touch someone?"

Zayn dropped his hand and smiled, "You figured it out?"

"Liam has hearing, Niall has taste. So it's either touch or smell."

Zayn had a small smile. "I can influence a person's feeling when I come in contact with them. Only for a short while. But it's handy enough."

The crease on Harry's brow deepened.

"Before you even ask, I never once used it on Marie."

Harry's frown only told Zayn that he didn't trust his words.

"But that's not all is it?" Selena said, standing up. "You knew I was... this. When we saw each other again."

"You're still very observant," Zayn grinned at her. "Sometimes I get a glimpse of a person's past when I touch them."

Selena was scared to ask what past he saw with hers.

Zayn turned to Harry again, "So you have sight. What do you see?"

There was a pause as Harry contemplated whether to tell him. But he thought it was only fair that he did, "The future."

"What do you see in hers?"

Harry looked at Selena who was already staring back at him, "I don't know."

Selena remembered how Harry told them how he only saw snippets of the future and how it could be mundane details at times.

Harry walked past Zayn and stood next to Selena. Her eyes shone, the Golden proudly reflected for everyone to see.

He brushed a stray hair away from her face as  he locked eyes with her.

"All I know is she is in my future."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 40.7K 91
They always tell you not to mix business with pleasure. Cover by @CelticLove Highest Ranking #19 in Fanfiction (8/05/17)
29.8K 688 18
they weren't meant to fall in love, but how could one resist harry styles? #1 loveontour #1 hslot
7.4K 328 47
His love for her was like a rose, beautiful,charming and natural. But every rose has its thorns. Too bad she didn't see his and hurt herself.
8.9K 85 29
He was like a drug I couldn't get myself off of, though I only partook of it once. He knew this, taunting me as the days passed with his charming loo...