Chapter XIII: Falling

"How fucking boring," Liam commented on their second stop for the day.

As Liam promised, they were on a road trip to Cambridge. At the rate they were going, it was gonna take them four days to reach their destination.

And they were only on their second day.

Liam had actually bought a camper van using straight cash. He declared that if he was going to travel that long, he was gonna do it comfortably and in style. It astounded Niall how nonchalant Liam was with spending so much money at the drop of a hat.

The four of them would take turns driving. And the whole time Liam would make jabs about Selena and Harry's relationship.

Selena knew the only reason Liam bought the camper van was so they wouldn't have to take two cars and be separated. He wanted to be there and make her suffer, she was sure of it.

"If only I can wish for any other Keyper than you," Selena muttered. The four of them had a stop over and were in a busy diner to grab some late lunch.

They were huddled in a booth, keeping their heads down. It was surprisingly hard to do because the boys were really good-looking. They stood out even more because they were all grouped together too.

"I heard that. And I heard that cute chick say I'm the most handsome here," Liam smugly smiled.

"You wish," Selena said.

"Well, duh, of course you think it's Harry," Liam smirked.

Selena's cheeks turned slightly pink but it wasn't like she denied it. She only made a face at Liam and just shut her mouth.

"We should find a campsite soon," Niall remarked as he glanced at his watch. "I'll go ask around for any nearby."

"I'll go with you!" Selena quipped. She was not about to stay alone with Liam and Harry just so Liam could embarrass her more.

It was Harry's turn to make a face. He was still salty about the fact that Selena bonded with Niall first. He also didn't like how close they we're getting each day. It wasn't like they could help it - the bond made it easier for them to understand each other.

Not to mention Niall was very easy to get along with.

"Ran away again," Liam remarked as he finished his fries.

"You remind me of this asshole I knew back in high school."

"That's because I was an asshole even back in high school," Liam grinned. "Just so fun to tease her, ya know? She gets so worked up about it, it's crazy. It's like she still-"

Harry frowned, "What?"

"We have to go."

Harry didn't question him and immediately stood up. He had an eye on Selena all this time so he made a beeline for her.

Niall was talking to a waitress while Selena lingered behind him.

Harry took her wrist, "Let's go."

"What? But-"

"Come on!" Harry pulled her. He knew Niall was going to follow anyway.

Liam had already left some money on the now empty table. He was already at the driver's seat when the three of them got out of the diner.

"Hurry!" he shouted.

Harry, Niall and Selena did so and Liam had accelerated before they even closed the door.

"What's going on?" Selena asked as she wobbly walked towards Liam.

"They're coming," Liam answered, his voice grim. "Go sit, this is gonna be bumpy."