Well this is awkward

By HowDidILandHere

"...I missed you." ... "You did?" "Every single day." What if the roles were swapped and Giyuu was the one... More

Prologue: the final selection
Chapter 1: a boy and his demon-sister
Chapter 2: the dream
Quick An
Chapter 4: that haori...
Chapter 5: Questions over questions
Filler chapter: Memories
Chapter 6: Who are you..?
Chapter 7: Conversations
Chapter 8: home
Chapter 8.5: Dancing in the rain
Chapter 9: "I think we're forgetting something"
Announcement
Chapter 10: meeting friends part 1
Chapter 11: meeting friends part 2
Chapter 12: Shit's about to go down
Chapter 13: shit went down
Epilogue: Happily ever after or whatever

Chapter 3: drowning

2.2K 54 359
By HowDidILandHere

'Drowning. What a strange feeling...' was all I could remember thinking before I felt someone grab me.

I coughed out water. A lot.

What was going on?!

My Body went limp.

3rd Person Pov:

Sabito groggily sat up. His lungs felt heavy, his throat hoarse and to top it off, the water hashira had a headache the size of Wa Shi Tong's library.

So to put it simple: He felt like shit.

The boy looked around.

The first thing he noticed was that he wasn't in his estate anymore.

But where was he? And what had happened?

Sabito got out of the white bed and waited till his vision cleared. Before he could start walking towards the door, a little girl came in. "Oh! I'll inform Shinobu that you're awake, lay back down." "Wai-"

'Aaaaaand she's gone.
Great.'

Not finding the energy in himself to just walk out and somehow finding his way back home, Sabito decided to do as told and got back in the bed.

As soon as he got back under the covers and let his head rest on the soft pillow, the water hashira realized just how exhausted he was.

"Sabi, wake up!" A small voice called, shaking him out of his slumber.

With half-lidded eyes, Sabito looked at the little boy smiling brightly at him with blue eyes closed.

"...fi'e mo' min's..." he answered grumpily and turned around again.

Giyuu erupted into giggles. "Come on! The sun is shining!"

'I miss him being shy.' the sleepy boy thought. "The fuck am I s'pposed to do? Photosynthesis?"

...

"What does fuck mean?"

His eyes snapped open as he turned around. 'Shit'

...

"Uhm Sabito? Why are you praying?" Giyuu asked, slightly disturbed, watching tears flow down his best friend's cheeks in rivers. "My time has come. Goodbye, oh horrible world! I love you, Giyuu! Don't forget me!"

The younger boy flushed a bright red. "EH?!"

Suddenly, Urokodaki kicked the door down. "I heard my baby swearing! Sabito, if you taught him that shit-" "what does shit mean?"

...

"Ok you're fine this time."  "Phew"

"Ah yes. Memories. The good ones are always the best." The water hashira said, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Indeed, they are."

That scared the living shit out of Sabito. He hadn't noticed the insect hashira come in. "Oh, hello, Kocho. Since when are you here?" She smiled as usual and handed him a glass of water. "Good morning. Not that long. How are you?"

They kept talking back and forth.

Sabito found out that he had fallen into the pond ("Wha- HOW?" "...I don't know either, Sabito.") and someone rescued him. Kanao had found him coughing out a lot of water beside it and passing out after.

He had been out cold for two weeks. He had almost drowned. That realization brought... comfort to him? He couldn't explain it, really. But deep inside, he knew.

'I miss you, my firefly..."

His Train of thought was interrupted by a knock on the door. Had Kocho forgotten something?

Nope. In came his favorite siblings!

"Sabito!" Tanjiro exclaimed, while Nezuko already threw herself at the surprised waterbe- HASHIRA! Sorry. *Cough cough*

She then glared at him. "Hm. Mhm hm!" In Nezuko, that translates to "We were really worried about you!"

Tanjiro and Sabito laughed awkwardly. "Sorry, Nezuko. It's alright. I'm alright." With a satisfied "Hmph." She patted his head, laid down, deciding that she's too tired for this and immediately fell asleep.

'O my heart, she looks so adorable TwT' Sabito thought, with anime tears flowing down his face.

'Tanjiro should also get some sleep'  He thought after a while.

The peach haired boi  has become extremely fond of the two and would kill everyone and then himself, should anything ever happen to them.

"Come 'ere" he said and opened his arms. Tanjiro laid down next to Nezuko and took her Little hands in his.

Sabito was still thinking about his childhood best friend but decided that he was content with having his little Family in his Arms tonite.

Timeskip, brought to you by the demon under my bed. He's a nice guy, his name's Jared, he's 19 and he never fucking learned how to read

Sabito's Pov:

I was laying on the  bed, feeling like I was No one to nothing again, when I heard a loud voice yelling in the hallway.

"Get out the way! I have to get to my best friend!"

And Tengen entered the room, a very annoyed Aoi trying to get him out.

"He needs rest! He-" "No, wait, I don't mind him being here."

They both turned to me.

She sighed and walked out, closing the door
behind her.

Tengen and I just looked at each other for a while.

After a while,  he decided that he's Sick of the silence.

"Sabito! How are you?"

...Did I forget to mention that we're besties?

"Uhm I'm fine, thanks. How about you?"

Uzui's Pov:

"You know, just Waiting for the world to end. But hey, I got love, so it's not that bad." I grinned at my flashy friend, which earned a laugh from him.

Then he suddenly had that look on his face, I knew all too well. He's thinking about him again, isn't he?

"What's on your mind, Sabito? I'm here to offer my Wisdom to you!"

"It's just- You know, I-"

He took a deep calming breath.

"I'm thinking about Giyuu again. I only recently realized, just how much his death affected me. It still does. I-"

He started rambling on about deep emotional shit.

'Damn.' I thought.

I was determined to cheer the depresso up.

"Ah yes. Only love can do that to you... How about we Dance and cry about it!?" I jumped up and twirled around  a bit, making him laugh again and shake his head.

"You've got Problems, dude." He chuckled.

We joked around and talked about random stuff, like our latest missions, fancy breathing styles and food. Ladies weren't a topic, of course, since I have three gorgeous wives and Sabito is as straight as a circle drawn by a toddler.

I knew he was going through a tough time but it was gonna get better Bit by bit. He was gonna get better and I would be here for him.

I told him as much and he started laughing about how weird it is to see me so sentimental.

I gasped in mock offense "How dare you insult the most flamboyant Hashira?! I feel so betrayed!" I screeched and plopped on a stool dramatically.

Unimpressed, Sabito said "Mkay." and went back to talking about how if Jesus could walk on water and watermelons are 92% water, was he 92% Jesus, because he could walk on watermelons?

"Hold up, you can walk on watermelons-"

Timeskip brought to you by my sleep paralysis

3rd Person Pov:

They both left a while go, since Sabito somehow convinced Shinobu to let him go home already since he was "-feeling fine, really!"

(Being the supportive bestie he is, Uzui had cheered him on in the background. Not that he'd ever admit it but the Sound Hashira had a certain kind of respect for Shinobu.)

After sitting on Sabito's couch for a while, Uzui got up. "I'm heading home. Don't want my wives to worry about me."

They said their goodbye's and the Water Hashira was alone again.

The next morning he heard a knock on his door.

When he went to open the door, he saw it was Kanao.

—————————————————————————

An: yee I'm back! I'm so sorry it took so long but I really needed some time to myself.

A lil funfact about this chapter is that I could hardly motivate myself to write but then I had an idea. Y'all know when you're reading something and suddenly you recognize a song title/lyric in the text and immediately think of that song? I hid 20 songs of my favourite band in this chapter ! I went to a playlist I had where I had put EVERY MotherMother-song, pressed shuffle and wrote down the first 17 songs. The task was to use every song title somehow. If you're bored, you can just re-read the chapter and try to find them or sum, yee I know I'm being childish :,)
ANYGAYS! A little hint is: if you notice some things being spelled incorrectly, then there's a high chance it's a song title. I proofread  this shit 6 times, if there are still misspelled words that weren't on purpose I will cry. Also I'm so sorry that this chapter was different from the others (should I keep it like this or were the ones before better?) and for the nickname "Sabi"  I know it's weird but when I was a kid I would always give peoples weird ass nicknames and figured "eh. Why not?"

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Have a great day, byeeee✌️
-Arty✨

Today's question: If you had the options to either kill a fictional character or revive one, what would you choose?

Also should I do something like that again? If so, which artist?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 83 16
{๐”ป๐•š๐•ค๐•”๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•ฆ๐•–๐••} (My first time writing a story so it might be a little shitty-) ----------------------------------------- Tanjiro and Giyu...
2.8K 78 22
--Cringe Warning-- It's my first book so yea please bear with me and ignore my spelling errors or out-of-character acting of the characters This bo...
43.9K 1.8K 55
"Can't I see you one last time...?" Those words repeating over and over in the mind of Tomioka Giyuu. Who is 'you', you may ask. Well... 'You' was G...
101K 1.7K 24
๐“๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐Ž๐Š๐€ ๐†๐ˆ๐˜๐”๐” ๐ฑ ๐Š๐Ž๐‚๐‡๐Ž ๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐๐Ž๐๐” ๊œฑสŸแดแดก ส™แดœส€ษด ส€แดแดแด€ษดแด„แด‡ โ•โ• "no one likes you, tomioka-san, but I love you" โ•โ• ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ฃ ๐™—๐™–๐™˜๐™ ...