The Seawitch's Regret: A Litt...

By legendaryfever

(COMPLETED) A Little Mermaid Retelling through the Seawitch's eyes like never stated before. Everyone always... More

🧜🏽‍♀️🧭 Tags and Promotion 🍄🦢
The Seawitch's Regrets (Aesthetics)
The Seawitch's Regret (0)
The Seawitch's Regrets (1)
The Seawitch's Regret (2)
The Seawitch's Regret (3)
The Seawitch's Regret (4)
The Seawitch's Regret (5)
The Seawitch's Regret (6)
The Seawitch's Regret (7)
The Seawitch's Regret (8)
The Seawitch's Regret (9)
The Seawitch's Regret (10)
Seawitch's Regrets (12)
The Seawitch's Regret (13)
The Seawitch's Regret (14)
The Seawitch's Regret (15)
The Seawitch's Regret (16)
The Seawitch's Regret (17)
The Seawitch's Regret (18)
The Seawitch's Regret (19)
The Seawitch's Regret (20)
The Seawitch's Regret (21)
The Seawitch's Regret (22)
The Seawitch's Regret (23)
The Seawitch's Regret (24)
The Seawitch's Regret (25)
The Seawitch's Regret (25 Continued)
The Seawitch's Regret (26 B#1)
The Seawitch's Regret (27 B#2)

The Seawitch's Regret (11)

8 2 0
By legendaryfever

An Almost Kiss of Abyssal

There are always moments in life you sigh and curse out the name of the sea depths and think how could it all come to this.

Now you're afraid of yourself or rather what you'd become, full of angst and betrayal that any emotion getting the best of you could destroy yourself and everything you made yourself to be.

So you laugh at the world with a sadistic smile on your face believing you're a danger to all.

Now more than ever, you sigh wondering what would happen if all those feelings of despair took over?

Rather than moving on, preventing a tragedy you are wishing for something you can't have and that's why you desire it more.

Because those of the sea always yearns what they can't have...

~~~

A day passed by like it was nothing.
I stood there looking at me, looking at myself out of the majestic orb that the elders are in charge of.

Of course I did nothing too drastic, just looked at the probability when Levy could arrive.

It was all day.

That was the likelihood which wasn't helpful at all.

The abyss.

I sighed, it was then a voice spoke.

"They say what matters most isn't seen until it's too late."

I turned sharply, I couldn't help but gasp in a questionable manner, "What?"

"Or so they say," a different voice stated next to it.

The wiser elders were here.

I looked over and saw a smile almost, yes that's right it was a small, grim smile.

"They say they never know what they truly do have until all is gone, much long too late," The first elder spoke in riddles again.

I sighed, they were messing with me speaking in some wise prophecy code nonsense.

The ocean's abyss!

"I'm sorry, are you messing with me because I have no idea what you are talking about." I shook my head and swam over to them shamelessly.

"Of they don't understand because it is they who do never understand what they have until all is gone!" The elder cried out in response, almost in an uproar to my response.

It angered them.

I wasn't trying to, really.

I began to turn away just to leave, but it was this time their words rubbed me the wrong way, "Those of the seas who sought the world above shall never succeed.  They who came from the sea cannot walk but a distance for they of the sea was never meant to leave."

The great abyss, oh my head it hurts with all these riddles.

But those lasting words bothered me somehow and I didn't like it nor knew why.

And I didn't like it at all, not one bit.

~~~

"Now what might yer be doing here," I heard a voice exclaim over by the cave opening.  The voice seem quite annoyed frankly, but it is their time to pay their dues and be on guard "I scream, I sigh, I faint, but none works.  Yer one fearless mer princess of the seas, so shoo and never return we won't have us be accused of kidnapping another mer of the haughty king of mers."

That was when I widen my eyes it was Levy.

I could help her, but do I want her here?

No, but I can't just leave her alone like this.

I bit down on my lip, leaving a trail of crimson blood to be soaked up within the deepest, darkness waters of the abyss.

"Is Alehkzir here?" She suddenly brought up my name.

"You mean that one who was banned from using magic from the spell book and been trying to discretely please Keth Zykrula since?" The guard laughed hollowly.

I didn't like the tone he used.

Well neither did Levy because I heard a smack.

Ohh Abyeessssh!

Levy was angry.

Angry Levy has entered the room, I thought in my head.

She smacked the Ardizevepa.

Maybe I should head out there in case they try to curse her.... Like permanently.

And that wouldn't be good because I can't do strong magic and get her back and then I would be blame because why would she go to the abyssal caves.
She would never be able to see me again and I'll be a sad little Ardizevepa.

A poor little Ardizevepa with nothing better to do but watch their friend Levy because they are too afraid what anyone would say about this friendship.

So I should stop being a sour trout and go on ahead.

I looked over and the guard looked dead.

She got them good.

I laughed.

She swam farther inside.

You know I might just hide for her...
YEAH!  I grinned.

But then I saw Keth Zykrula heard towards her way.

Nooo, I shook my head.

Not the Keth.

If Levy runs into the Keth then Zykrula will definitely know the truth why I haven't left.

Keth Zykrula might even spill the secret to Levy and I can't have that.

Hurry I must go and distract them if it is the least I can do.

I must get up and swim faster than I ever had before and then-

I put my hand up to open my mouth and say something but no words came out.

For the Keth already saw Levy and frowned, "You!" Zykrula already recognized Levy and shook their head.  "What art yer doing here?"

"Ooh hi K-keth Z-zykula was it?!" Levy stuttered, and I just knew now she remembered some of the stories I told her.  "I think we met once before," She now nodded her head and held her arms behind her back in a shy like manner.

"The mer'majd' who bah'yt Alehkzir into the open sea, ah yes, I remember that day well.  The time yer father threatened my head off its neck.  Good times," the Keth laughed dryly, "Oh and also accused me of kidnapping yer."

"That's not going to happen."  My brother is back and he is busy bothering him about some lady mer to become betrothed to." Levy sighed and shrugged her arms.

If I didn't know better she seemed almost upset, annoyed even.

I grinned, she can tell all her worries and grievances to me.

But that was until I was called.

"Alehkzir!  Stop hiding ov'ah der smiling with a masochist grin and come out already!"

I swam over as fast as I could, "Keth Zykrula amazing!" I exclaimed thinking fast, "Your eyes...the darkness of them brings out your lovely completion, it would be a shame for that all go to waste so instead... yes that's right for the new year we shall cast spells of darkness like never before in honor of how wonderful you are, our true and absolute Keth, Keth Zykrula!"

Please work, please work,
pleaseeeee.

The Keth's eyes widened.  Is it true have I finally been worthy of advance magic again?

"Wow, yer must care so much about all of us right?" The Keth eyes gleamed.

How was this working?

What I said sounded so lame and unbelievably like an awful lie.

I nodded my head smiling, "Of course Keth Zykru-"

My words were at lost.

Magic.

Being cast.

On.

Me.

"In your abyssal dreams!" Keth snarled, "No, yer aren't getting that magic book."

My figured fallen to the floor.

"The ocean's abyss.." I lamented after getting up.

"Why is she here?" Keth finally brought forth to the subject that has been haunting me every night and day since I realized my heart couldn't take it anymore.

"Ehh I actually have no idea why." I stated, Levy almost look betrayed, but that was before I said, "She wanted to come, I was against it.  But then I told her I didn't care anymore and now here we are."

"You gave in." Keth Zykrula stated dully.

"Nawww really?!" I exclaimed, "What have it away?"

"Ummm if it is a problem I can leave.." Levy's small voice interrupted any sassy comment or replied Keth Zykrula would have given me back, "I didn't want it to be difficult, I just thought Ardizevepa are so cool and amazing I wanted see more of you guys..." Levy widened her eyes in horror, "err all I don't want to sound like you are all male cause you're not and I... I should stop talking now." I looked over as saw her darkened skin much more darker one her cheeks.

Keth Zykrula eyebrows were raised and smiled, "Oh no, not at all.  It is no problem especially since yer want to see and learn more about us, the amazing Ardizevepas!" The Keth became a completely different Ardizevepa.

Levy hit Zykrula's ego in the right spot and that was making sure Levy saw everything here and how amazing we were.

I mean it was way better than mermaids any day.

"Oh, okay!" She smiled and looked at me as if to say, see it is fine.

Levy needs to teach me some of that because I tried and look where it got me.

Magic thrown at my face and Keth Zykrula cursing the Abyssal name.
...

"Wait really?!" Levy asked quite excited, her eyes widening at every single word.

It was kinda bothering me now because she loved it so much.

She loved them all.

But it was just that... Okay maybe I was feeling a tiny bit jealous.

But she managed to befriend them like that and get a grand tour and have dinner with us all.

All my siblings and cousins and other relatives.

We were all related technically but unlike others we weren't raised as if we were that close.

Like mermaids, well I assume- they are raised as families and siblings who fight over stupid trivial matters or love themselves to death, but we.  We know we are relatives but we don't have any of that connection or bond.

"Yeah, and then Oth Meverz over here couldn't speak for a month straight.  But Oth Meverz being well Oth was so embarrassed that that Oth didn't want any of the heads or elders to know." Everyone was grinning and laughing.

Even Oth Meverz themselves.

"How did you function?" Levy asked simply, leaning forward eager to know everything.

"Well it wasn't until Keth Zykrula realized Oth actually couldn't speak and wasn't just playing a prank because we do that way too much!" One of the others exclaimed, causing the Ardizevepas around to laugh some more.

"I couldn't imagine not speaking for a month..." She furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't know how you do that."

"Well Keth demanded in that scary voice who pulled such a prank.  And of course found out it was because of the lost bet!  An oceanic-abyssal bet!" The second Ardizevepa cried out, even cursing in the process.

"Besides," Another chipped in, "I can also show you how it is without a voice for a month, not even voice imagine not being a mermaid for a month or a... Or be turned into never melting ice!" They added mischievously.

Without even thinking my voice left me, "Don't you even think about that  Shez Kadir!" I snarled.

"Well now you're talking I was afraid one of us accidentally cursed you! Ha!" Shez Kadir exclaimed laughing with all good humor, but I wasn't having it.

"Yeah yeah..." I rolled my eyes, "I'm serious though, don't."

"Aw come on, it was just a joke." Venix Zedi, the one who was telling the story to Levy, spoke.

"Not funny, I'm not laughing." I shook my head negative.

"We get it she's yours, calm your abyssal tail." Shez Kadir stated and I wondered if there was a double meaning behind those words.

"I am calm." I huffed deeply as I shrugged my shoulders in annoyance.

"Jeez you're 19 when are you moving out?  Being so gruffy I say it time for you to go." Venix grinned in a teasing manner, but that was when I saw Levy tense up.

"No time soon." I told them casually, "You're gonna have to deal with me for awhile longer... Punk" I added slyly.

"Oooooooh," the other exclaimed at my out burst.

Levy smiled to herself at the whole scenario, maybe it wasn't so bad after all...

I headed to my room and saw Levy lean at the doorway of the place.

"What are you waiting for, come in." I laughed at her stalling.

"Oh..." She looked down trailing off, "Sorry I just, got a lot on my mind you know.  Everyone here seems so nice and fun." She came in sitting by the window of my part of the cave.

I nodded, "They're okay.. I just not good at befriending others I suppose.  Besides most of them were born in the past 5 years."

"What?!" She gasped, "But they look so similar to you in age!"

I laughed at her confusion, "Levy, we use magic and spells remember?  Most of us change our appearance when we feel like looking older because oceans, it's way more intimidating." I laughed.

She looked at me and her face fell, "Oceans do I feel stupid"

I frowned, "Hey it's alright, and no you're not stupid."

She raised her eyebrow, "So what was that about leaving since you're 19?"

"Actually 1119 and I think mer ages work differently from an Ardizevepa's?" I looked up at her expression was priceless.  Her dark skin had turn the lightest shade I ever seen it become.  Her eyes were also wide and in slits.  "But they say 19 for short."

"No kidding." She muttered finally able to speak, "But you avoided my question."

"Oh did I?  Well it's nothing you haven't heard of.  It's kinda what I overheard you saying to Keth Zykrula about what your father is trying to get Laiken to do.  Go out explore the world, find a mate, and have a cave of my own.  But..." my smile shrunken, "I don't really want to do that.  I don't want to leave you after all the time apart and I have no interest in that.  And besides who needs a mate when I have you."

I smiled a small smile, my eyes probably gleaming at the moment. After all, I felt the silver light from the anglerfish.  And that made it all more special.

"You're special to me too," I heard her whisper. "Anglerfish... The light it's so," Levy began to barely breathe.

Everything felt so much more real.

I could close my eyes and imagine myself and Levy, just us somewhere special.

I felt myself leaning towards her, all on my own without even realizing.

Her eyes flickered, breath thicken.
Two heartbeat,
Just us two, All alone,
In a single empty home

But it wasn't just me who was leaning forward, faces closer, every moment, every last second counts until we....

"Alehkzir!" I heard my name, cutting like sharp knives into everything bringing me back to reality and realizing I can't do this.

Keth Zykrula was there.

"Keth Zykrula?" I went over to where I heard my name being called.

The Keth sighed, "I think it is getting late and your... friend," I cringed when Keth Zykrula called Levy friend, "should get back.  We rather not have an army of angry mers March over proclaiming we kidnap their princess again."

I nodded understanding, "Alright, I'll see that she heads back."

"Oh and Alehkzir," the Keth called just as I turned my head, "Remember who you are and who she really is.  For us, for her honor and loyalty."

I nodded my head, right.

She knew what was happening and saved me from doing something I dreamed often more than never.

It was time for Levy to head home.
But I'll be right by her side on the way.

//Legend here,

It was fun to write.  There were so many phrases in here that I liked such as the first 6 paragraphs and the scene with the mysterious elders speaking in code.
~Well anyways Legend tuning off.\\

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 8.3K 26
Edited In a vast and mysterious land where no human can reach and only aquatic being had put eyes upon. Under all the darkness and the mysteries of t...
779 7 37
Now that you've been caught up on the long and tragic life, of the evil witch of the seas. What ever happened to the small baby, she left behind in h...
16K 653 19
Suddenly, something bumped into the pod. I looked at the girls. "What was that?" I asked, nervously. Suddenly another bump happened. Then another. Th...
19.6K 1.1K 54
[COMPLETED] She was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. She was ethereal and mystical and utterly impossible. Her mere existence challenged...