The Greatest Swordsman Male R...

By DeadFizh08

Hi! My name is Noctis L/n and this is my journey to how I become the Greatest Swordsman in Remnant's history... More

Prologue
Info
Volume 1 - Episode 1
Volume 1 - Chapter 2
Volume 1 - Episode 3
Volume 1 - Episode 4
Volume 1 - Episode 5
Volume 1 - Episode 6
Volume 1 - Episode 7
Volume 1 - Episode 8
Volume 1 - Episode 9
Volume 1 - Episode 10
Volume 1 - Episode 11
Volume 1 - Episode 13
Volume 1 - Episode 14

Volume 1 - Episode 12

3.1K 68 5
By DeadFizh08

Noctis P.O.V

Am still awake. It's been three hours and I couldn't get a single sleep for some odd reason, I stood up from my bed and look out the window and see the crack moon. It's been weeks and I couldn't help that Jaune might be stressed about something.

As I was going to retrieve towards the window, I saw from afar I spotted somebody on the roof by the left side of the building, I got curious about this so I grab my jacket and walk out of my room and someone whom I knew how it was on the roof alone.

Noctis: "It must be him then..."

Mini Timeskip

When I arrived there I slightly opened the metal door and see that Jaune was standing and eyeing the cracked moon like me a few minutes ago. I completely open the metal door and Jaune gets spooked and notices me standing behind him

Jaune: "Oh hey Noctis, what are you doing here up so late?"

He said getting me to walk toward him and stand beside next to him as well. I look towards the cracked moon and shrug my shoulder.

Noctis: "Meh you know, couldn't sleep."

I said getting Jaune to nod and continue looking up toward the night sky.

Neither of us exchanged words, the only thing was that the two of us were looking toward the night sky, I looked toward Jaune and I notice some hint of sadness in his eyes. I smirk and go back looking towards the night sky.

Noctis: "Alright what's wrong, Jaune?"

I said getting Jaune to look at me.

Jaune: "Oh? Uhm...Nothing really."

Noctis: "Jaune You could tell me, I could tell that you have something in your mind, so spill it."

I said while crossing my arms and eyeing him. He look towards the ground and was in thought for a moment.

Jaune: "Do...Do you think I'm going to be a good Huntsman?"

I raise my eyebrow in confusion at his question.

Noctis: "What do you mean?"

Jaune: "I mean...Huh, we've been at this school for almost two or four weeks now and I don't feel any progress on my training."

Noctis: " Yeah so? Jaune your just starting and out of everybody nobody is perfect."

Jaune: "EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!"

He yelled getting me shocked by his outburst.

Jaune: "All my life I wanted to be just like my father and his father before him...*Looks to the ground* But all I did was cheat my way here." 

Noctis: "Wait? You're saying that..."

Jaune: "I cheated, Noctis...I don't belong here. I'm no swordsman like you or the others being a Huntsman." said with a sad look

Noctis: "Jaune...Don't say that come on...What if you cheated to get into this school, so what?"

Jaune: "No. You don't understand...You don't understand that I'm weak...You don't understand that I'm a failure at everything and can't do those fancies swords technique that you have...I can't even unlock my Semblance or get Cardin off my back just like you..."

I was about to say something to Jaune only to storm out of the roof and disappeared towards the exit getting you worried about your friend...

Noctis: "Jaune..."

Timeskip

Prof Goodwitch: "Yes, student, the Forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here for sightseeing. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so."

It was broad daylight and I and my classmate are now located in Forever Fall, after the event of last night I couldn't stop thinking about how Jaune was doing, you stab the tree with your tool to collect the sap and waited till your jar was full.

After a few moments of silence, I suddenly felt somebody next to me, I turned around and see Blake collecting her sap in the tree next to me, and right now I didn't feel like having a conversation with anyone so I stood there quietly.

Blake: "You've been quiet since this morning, anything you want to talk about?"

Noctis: "Hm..."

Blake: "Come on...We will be here all day so what's on your mind."

I sigh in defeat, so I explain to her about everything that happen last night and as of right now I didn't know what to do in this situation, I never had friends in my childhood and I never knew how to solve this problem, somehow you want to help Jaune and to let him know that he's no alone.

Blake: "Just give him a push. Jaune is somehow lost...He's trying to find the right direction to catch up with his friends who were there all in a different direction than the rest of us...So why not give him the right direction...Sometimes a little push in the right direction can make a difference."

Noctis:  How should I do that?"

Blake: "You're the Greatest Swordsman figure it out."

Noctis: "I will become the Greatest Swordsman, but not the smartest, Blake!"

Blake: "Sorry, that was my payback when you call me a Bookworm." said with a smirked look

She said while I sigh and smiled at Blake.

Noctis: "Thanks, Blake. I knew counting on you would help me."

Blake: "I-It's no problem, Noctis I would be glad to help anytime."

So now I need to find Jaune and talk with him about the situation he's in right now. I got up from where I was sitting and went to find Jaune. At a far distance, Pyrrah notice me leaving my tree and got curious about where I was going.

Mini Timeskip

I was searching for Jaune everywhere and somehow you couldn't find him, I asked some students, but they didn't see him.

Jaune: "No."

I heard Jaune's voice getting me to look toward the course on where it came from.

Noctis: "Jaune?"

I said while getting closer to where that voice came from. Getting closer and closer you stop on a little hillside where you could see Jaune plus Cardin and his group. I slowly crouched down and listened to their conversation.

Jaune: "No." said with a serious look

He said towards Cardin getting him aggravated.

Cardin: "What did you say?"

He said getting closer to Jaune while standing in front of him.

Jaune: "I said...No!"

Jaune grips his jar tightly knowing the fear that binds him. Then he turns and throws the jar at Cardin, instantly recoiling his hands to himself as he looks at Cardin's breastplate covered in sap. Cardin looks at himself and laughs darkly.

Cardin: "Oh you have done it now."

Jaune humorously laughs to himself once more with his hands still raised in an attempt for defense as Dove and Lark grab Jaune's shoulders and pull him in so his terrified eyes.

I was about to help him, but then I thought If Jaune wants Cardin to knock it off he needs to confront him. So I just stood there and watch the whole ordeal.

Cardin: "You know that wasn't very smart, Jauney boy."

He picks up a bruised Jaune again while the rest of Team CRDL watches and I was on the top of the hill watching.

Cardin: "I'm gonna make sure they send you back to mommy in teeny tiny pieces."

Jaune: "I don't care what you do to me..."

He looks at Cardin with fury and I smirked.

Jaune: "...But you are not messing with my team."

Noctis: "That's the start, Jaune."

Cardin: "What? Do you think talking like that makes you tough? You think you're a big strong man?"

He said while feeling fury building up in him. Jaunes smiles in defiance. An enraged Cardin roar and raises his fist again, but just as the hit connects, a bright light shines from Jaune, and when the white fades from the screen, Cardin is crying out in pain as he holds his hand.

Noctis: "I knew you have a Semblance, Jaune."

I said while smiling at your friend. Jaune, now back on the ground, but completely healed, looks confusedly at his hands as they faintly glow white. While he stares,m though, Lark kicks Jaune in the back and gets him on his stomach, but he looks up and glares at the approaching Cardin.

Noctis: "Okay I had enough watching now."

I said while watching Jaune getting gang up. As I was about to get closer to help your friend, out of nowhere a huge Ursa Grimm came next to me, It was too late I was sent flying to the nearby tree where Cardin and the others were.

Jaune: "NOCTIS!"

He said while witnessing me crashing into the tree. Then it leaps forward and stands over the terrified students, lifting its head in the air to smell the sap on Cardin's breastplate. It lands back on its forelegs and roars at Cardin while his teammates heroically flee.

Russel: "That's a big Ursa!"

I was trying to get up from the ground, but my body was in so much pain that I couldn't move that much, lifting my head I could see that the Ursa Grimm was getting close to Cardin, it was attracted to the sap on Cardin's breastplate.

Noctis: "Jaune, help Cardin."

I said with a weak voice and tried to get up from the ground while holding your bleeding head where you were forcefully hit by the tree.

Meanwhile

3rd P.O.V

The roar of the Ursa Grimm is heard by the members of Team RWBY and Team NPR, still collecting sap on the other side of the forest.

Ruby: "Did you guys hear that?"

Suddenly, the remaining members of Team DRL are seen running the other way from the roar through the others students.

Russel: "Ursa! Ursa!" 

Russel screams while accidentally running into Yang. Yang was unfazed by his collusion then she picks him up by the front of his shirt.

Yang: "Where?"

Russel: "Back there! It's got Cardin and it also got hit from the Y/n pretty bad!"

Pyrrha drops her sap and remembers that Jaune was with Cardin.

Pyrrha: "Jaune!"

Ruby: "Yang! You and Blake, go get Prof Goodwitch!"

She said getting Yang to drop Russel and running to get Prof Goodwitch with Blake on her side.

Back to Y/n

Cardin was attempting to run from the following Ursa Grimm, but it leaps over its prey and claws him away. He tries to get up and crawl away.

Cardin: "Crap, crap!"

Then Pyrrha, Weiss, and Ruby arrive at the scene and they spotted Jaune trying to lure away the Ursa Grimm while also noticing Noctis was bleeding from his head and trying to get help out as best he could.

Weiss and Ruby: "NOCTIS!!!"

Both Weiss and Ruby were worried and scream his name, but it was to no avail he couldn't hear them. Then they watch as the Ursa Grimm leans over the helpless victim, raising its paw and swiping it down...Only to be blocked by Jaune's shield, Croco Mors. He struggles to defend a stunned Cardin from its attempts to lean on him, but Weiss lifts her Myrtenaster as she prepares to go help.

Pyrrha: "Wait!"

She stops Weiss and continues watching the scene.

Jaune takes his shield out from Ursa's paw and slashes at its stomach, causing it to lash out and try to crush him. He rolls out of the way and jumps over to swipe at his feet, but he is unprepared for when it launches a claw at him in midair. He lands far away, yet is immediately back on his feet and passes Cardin as he charges again. The Ursa Grimm knocks Jaune behind nit when he tries for a leaping attack, and he looks at the scroll in his shield to find out that his aura level is in the red. He grows again and starts to run at the Ursa Grimm as it also begins to dash toward him.

As they are just about to clash in slow motion, Pyrrha sees that Jaune has left himself completely open to Ursa's attack, and lifts her hand out to him, gathering a dark aura of red energy in her arm. Just as the Ursa Grimm is about to hit him, the glow surrounds Jaune's shield and makes it lift to block the swipe. Jaune uses the surprise defensive move to lean on the ground, push his shield back up, and swing his blade right through Ursa's neck. The head falls to the ground as the body slams onto the ground.

Ruby: "Uhh...What?"

Weiss: "How did you...?"

Weiss was amazed and look at Pyrrha. Then she explains that her Semblance was Polarity and when they were about to walk toward them and the roar was heard they turned around and see a  giant Death Stalker appear from the forest ready to attack Jaune and Cardin who was tired from the fight.

Pyrrha: "JAUNE!"

But they were too late to help when the giant Death Stalker was about to strike Jaune with its tail and pinchers, but it was blocked by Noctis who was bleeding on his head while holding his Wado Ichimonji in his mouth, Sandai Kitetsu in his right hand, and Yubashiri in his left while positioned to block all of the Death Stalker's pinchers and tail, Noctis scream in pain while holding the giant Death Stalker with his swords.

Jaune: "Noctis!" 

He was shocked and worried for Noctis who was bleeding from his head while holding off the giant Death Stalker's pinchers and tail.

Noctis: "GO!"

Cardin: "What about you!"

Noctis: "Just get to the Professor! I'm not going to let either of you die even tho if the other one is a jerk!"

He said while feeling the giant Death Stalker putting more strength into his pinchers and tail making him push into the ground and getting him to spit on his blood.

Cardin: "Let's go, Jaune!"

He said while pulling him away from the scene.

Jaune: "NO! Y/n let me help you!"

He said while struggling with Cardin's grip.

Noctis: "Don't worry I'll be fine."

Jaune saw his smile and then Cardin take him to where the girls were standing, he place Jaune next to them and turn around to where the giant Death Stalker and Noctis were standing. Then Prof Goodwitch, Yang, and Blake arrived at the scene while noticing that Noctis was bleeding from his head while holding off the giant Death Stalker.

Prof Goodwitch: "Noctis."

She said while preparing to attack the giant Death Stalker.

Noctis: "No! I will deal with it!"

He said while everyone was shocked at what he said that he will finish this giant Grimm off.

Blake: "Noctis you can't be possibly able to defeat it with the injured like that you'll die!" said with a worried look

Noctis: "If I can't deal with this Grimm when I am in this state who will I be able to become the world's Greatest Swordsman in Remnant's history?"

He deflected the giant Death Stalker's pinchers and tail, then he uses his Semblance to cover his arm and swords with demonic energy after that he raises both of his hands to his right side shoulder 

Noctis: "Three Swords Style: 108 Pound Pheonix!"

He swings down both of his arms with his sword to create powerful dark energy and slashes toward the gIant Death Stalker only to push away from Noctis.

He canceled his Semblance cause he can't handle the pain anymore then everyone sees that the giant Death Stalker wasn't killed because Noctis's body was injured from the blood on his head. When the Death Stalker was getting up from the ground it quickly dashed toward Noctis who was just standing there closing his eyes and memory from his childhood replaying in his head while everyone began to worry about Noctis's body condition.

Flashback

Raven: "Noctis..."

She said while Noctis quickly look at her.

Noctis: "Yes?"

Raven: "Remember when you slice that tree with your Sword Technique and strength."

She said while looking outside that was raining.

Noctis: "Yeah. After I canceled my Semblance the drawback hurts like sucking my energy from my arm and you told me not to use it until I gain more strength and to use it once until I recovered."

He said while feeling rubbing his arm that was used for his Semblance.

Raven: "Yeah, listen I change my mind, whenever you have a tight pickle use it again."

She said while still looking outside.

Noctis: "But why?"

He said while Raven stood there silent for a moment until she look at him for a moment and smiled for the very first time.

Raven: "Because sometimes you need to do something rash to get out of it. So remember our training."

End of Flashback

Then after opening his eyes, Noctis's arm start to move and also activate his Semblance once more, but instead of his arms, his demonic energy covered his aura.

Noctis: "Demon Aura...Nine Swords Style: Asura!"

He creates an illusion of making 4 more arms and two heads everyone who sees these were shocked to see an illusion that looks so real that Noctis creates more body parts for his body

Then giant Death Stalker was almost reaching Noctis and starts to dash toward it as well.

Noctis: "Nine Swords Style: Asura Piercing Drill!"

He passes while spinning his body towards the giant Death Stalker and slashing it multiple times cutting its armor also he started to fall to the ground and started to evaporate. Then Noctis deactivates his Semblance and his illusion is gone as well he was about to fall to the ground from exhaustion and his Semblance with his swords in his hand only his arm was being grabbed by Yang only to hold his left arm while Blake was in the other one, Prof Goodwitch was screaming in her hologram for medical assistance at her location.

Jaune was standing in front of him shocked at his display and smiling that was okay, He raised a fist towards him and saw his face form a confused one.

Noctis: "Like I said you're going to get better, Jaune."

He said getting him to smile and hitting you with a fist pump. As he was walking slowly while Blake and Yang were by your side, Cardin was staring at him amazed at it, and Noctis smirked at him.

Noctis: "Cardin...I don't know what made you come to Beacon, but I can tell you this, what you saw now is what a Huntsman and the future Greatest Swordsman in Remnant's history is truly about...Helping others while sacrificing everything on the line, hopefully, you can change after witnessing this."

He said while slowly walking away while Cardin stood there quietly. At this moment you can tell this was a very interesting day in Forever Fall.

End Episode

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 986 31
Just read it.. (I do not own ANYTHING here, RWBY, JJK, or any other pictures and stuff I say isn't owned.)
13K 136 13
You were rejected by Team RWBY, but you had a harem that was destined to stay with you for their lives. Weiss will be the most sympathetic out of you...
82.4K 1.4K 26
Roman has a Son named Y/N. He is extremely protective about him. But even he didn't knew how powerful his son really was
1.2K 24 6
Y/n loves his family. So much so that he is willing to be put in the line of the huntsman's eyes for them. But when the time comes he will have to ma...