All I Ever Needed (Klaus Mika...

By harrysteelss

Julianna Duquette is Klaus Mikaelson's lost lover. The two were separated on that dreadful night in New Orlea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - I Came A Long Way
Chapter 2 - Finally Found You
Chapter 3 - New Orleans
Chapter 4 - Prince of The Quarter
Chapter 5 - Witches
Chapter 6 - Magic
Chapter 7 - The Osiris Coven
Chapter 8 - My Dear Sibling
Chapter 9 - It's Been Too Long
Chapter 10 - Run
Chapter 11 - As I Lay Dying
Chapter 12 - Werewolves and The Wicked Witch
Chapter 13 - Problems Bigger Than You
Chapter 14 - Promise
Chapter 15 - The Witch is Dead
Chapter 17 - I'm Here
Chapter 18 - Love Her To Bits and Pieces
Chapter 19 - Hello & Goodbye
Chapter 20 - Always Isn't Forever After All
Chapter 21 - Forbidden Love
Chapter 22 - Paranoia
Chapter 23 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 24 - The Truth
Chapter 25 - Two Weeks Too Long
Chapter 26 - Broken
Chapter 27 - All Too Familiar
Chapter 28 - Is it Too Late?
Chapter 29 - Wake up
Chapter 30 - Too Much
Chapter 31 - Put the Witch to Rest
Chapter 32 - Gone Girl
Chapter 33 - Find Me, Save Me
Chapter 34 - Midnight
Chapter 35 - Uh Oh
Chapter 36 - New Beginnings
Chapter 37 - Calm Before the Storm
Discontinued

Chapter 16 - Months

6.1K 109 10
By harrysteelss

Julianna's POV

Months had gone by since the day we killed Seraphina and "we" as in Klaus had killed her. The only enemy we currently have right now, well in Klaus' world, is Marcel. Klaus had won back the Mikaelson compound after getting the shit beaten out of him by vampires Marcel and Rebekah ordered. Rebekah and Klaus were on bad terms for a while and you couldn't be in the same room with them before wanting to leave because of their constant bickering. Elijah was his usual self, being a gentlemen and very noble, looking after Klaus like I have been doing myself. When I had gotten kidnapped by Althaea and got my memory back, I remembered all the spells I knew back then but they werent enough. Due to my lack of the specialty in the magic category, Kol helps me learn spells correctly. He is still my mentor and I am still, as he likes to call me, his "protégé".

I'm sat in the living room of our current ex-former home, the Mikaelson compound with a glass of Scotch in my hand and a book in the other that I'm not paying much attention to. Elijah, as usual, sat on the arm chair, diagnol to the sofa I was in, with one of his old diaries in his hands, reminiscing his past.

"You are all incredibly boring," Kol walks into the room and sits down on the sofa's arm.

"What else is there to do?" I say nonchalantly while lazily turning the page in my book.

"Oh, I don't know, perhaps magic?" Kol says like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Well Kol, maybe if you weren't out drinking from some random helpless girl that thought she would hook up with you, maybe we could have been out learning some stuff," I smile sarcastically at him. I down the rest of the Scotch in my glass and place it on the end table beside me. Klaus walks in and drops his leather jacket onto sofa and sits beside me letting out an annoyed sigh.

"We have a problem." Is all he says.

"Not surprised." I state while carelessly flipping through the pages in my book.

"Well Nik, get on with it. What's got you worried?" Kol asks.

"I called our Bennett witch in Mystic Falls," Klaus begins, "The other side is collapsing." My eyebrows knit together in worry as I closed the book and placed it at my side, my full attention now on what Klaus was explaining. Elijah had put down his diary and he listened in on what his brother was saying.

"What are you saying?" I cautiously ask.

"Anyone on the other side can manipulate objects here, the living." Klaus gets up and runs his hands down his face in distress. "They can physically touch us and we can't see them."

I stand up from the couch, unable to comprehend any of this. My fingers run through my hair and fear is running through me like a river. Elijah stands up as well and walks over to both his brothers.

"Niklaus, are lives are at risk here. The white oak stake, do not let it out of your sight." Elijah says.

"Julianna has been a target for people that we have killed. They're going to come back to try and finish her." Kol says.

"You think I haven't thought of that already?" Klaus says angrily. I suddenly feel all of this begin to sink in and for the first time in a while, I am beyond scared.

I am royally screwed.

***

My head rests on the window, a deep breath leaves my mouth, fogging up the window. My hands are folded in my lap and while I'm fiddling with my fingers my mind wanders and I look at the blurs of buildings, trees and signs outside as Klaus drives to I don't know where.

What the hell am I going to do?

We had just ended the war with Seraphina and just a few months into the victory, she might be coming back. Althaea, she might come back. Hell, even Esther.

But one name that has haunted me for as long as I can remember keeps running through my mind. The only person that has me scared to the point I can barely manage. The man won almost ended my life all those years ago and caused the downfall of the century. The vampire who hunts vampires.

Mikael.

I hate it. I hate that after all these powerful witches had come after me and had been so close to killing me, I hate that Mikael is the only one I'm scared shitless of if he were to come back. When I found out Klaus had killed him, I felt relieved. Like I have no reason to feel like a child running scared from a clown. But that's exactly what it was like. Although Mikael is not a clown, as much as I wished he was, he is a monster. A beast. I had fled cities with the Mikaelson's and watched everything we knew burn to the ground. Decades after decades, centuries after centuries, we ran. I never really thought about the brokenness and pain that the Mikaelson's had to go through each time Mikael showed up. The only reason I stayed with them, the only reason I was able to manage the monstrosity they called "father" is because of Klaus. He is the only reason I stayed. As much as I loved the rest of the Mikaelson's, especially Elijah, him being my best friend, I don't know if I would have been able to stick with them for this long if it wasn't for Klaus.

A hand is placed on top of mind and I slightly jump in my seat out of fear.

"Relax love," Klaus' soft voice speaks. "I promise I won't let anything hurt you."

"Nik, how are you going to begin to do that if you can't even see whatever is happening," I exclaim in distress. Klaus pulls over to the side of the road and turns off the car.

"Don't you doubt for a second I wouldn't do anything to protect you," he objected. "If there's some magic pixie dust that reveals them then so be it, but I will never give up on protecting you, even if it's the last thing I'll ever do."

I throw my arms around his neck and bury my face in his neck. Trails of tears fell down my face and onto his shirt. He wrapped his arms around my torso and I carefully climbed over the controls until I was in his lap.

"I'm scared Nik," I whisper. "I don't really care about all those other people we killed, I'm scared of Mikael coming back." Klaus tenses at the sound of Mikael but he quickly regains his composure.

"Who said opportunity only knocks once? I'd be happy to kill that old man again." Klaus kisses my temple and intertwined his hand with mine. "I will try everything I can to keep you safe. The thought of going another century believing you're dead is dreadful."

***

"Where are we?" I ask as Klaus parks in the driveway of a lone house. No neighbors or sign of life anywhere. Just one simple suburban house in the middle of nowhere. We get out of the car and I examine the house a little more. I turn around to give Klaus a confused look.

"I think it's time you receive something that will hopefully make you feel better," he says with a smile.

"Indeed she does," a woman's voice says from the house. I turn around and my eyes meet the familiar lapis lazuli eyes of the person I have been waiting to see since she left - Alice. Her long wavy platinum blonde hair flew around her face as the wind pushed past her. A smile was painted on her face like a Cheshire cat when her eyes met mine and I could feel the large smile begin to form on my face as I vamp-sped over to her and pulled her into a tight hug. She laughed aloud at my excitement and hugged me back.

"Oh my god," I smile in amazement while pulling away from the hug but my amazement soon turns to disappointment. "Why did you leave?"

"Julianna, I am so sorry for abandoning you the way I did but, I wasn't ready to fight the battles all of you fight," she began, "I felt like I was dragging you all down. A person for you to worry about and I didn't want that. So I hid away over here, in the middle of nowhere, to practice my magic with no interruptions."

"Are you ready now?" I question hopefully.

"If I wasn't, would I call your lover to come all the way over here?" she asks with a smile.

***

We walked into the Mikaelson Compound to find it uneasily quiet. The only sounds filling the room was the sound of our shoes on the ground. I began getting worried, obviously thinking the worst of the situation until I actually listened in on other parts of the compound. That's when I heard the familiar sound of Kol and Rebekah's bickering fill my ears.

What a relief.

Elijah walked down the spiral staircase with a look of annoyance on his face. Clearly irritated with his younger siblings constant arguing. His eyes met mine and then Klaus' and finally they landed on Alice. A small smile appeared on his face as he walked over to us and directly went to Alice.

"Alice," he breathed out in surprise.

"Elijah, long time no see," Alice says.

"It is a pleasure to see you again," he says with a smile while taking her hand and kissing the top of it. Klaus pulls me towards him by my wrist and leans down until his lips are at the top of my ear.

"Maybe we should leave. Give them time to catch up," he suggests. "I think we should do some catching up as well love," he huskily whispers. His hot breath caused goosebumps to form on my skin and my stomach to churn in excitement.

"I agree," I respond. I take him by the hand and drag him up the staircase until we were in our room with the door locked. His hands quickly went to my waist as he pulled me as close as he could to him.

"You know Anna," he began with a smirk, "Even after five hundred years of being with you, I will never get over how beautiful you are."

"And I will never get over the fact that the fearful but sexy original hybrid is mine," I smirk and he chuckles at my response. He reaches down to place a loving kiss on my lips which I very much enjoyed. When he pulled away, I put my hands behind his neck and I pushed him down to meet my lips again. He kissed back and I could feel the smile on his lips. A loud knock on the door caused us to pull away from each other and caused our "sexy time" mood to quickly disappear.

"Now I know what you guys are doing in there, which is quite disgusting, but we need you down there," Kol's teasing voice said behind the door. I groaned in frustration and swung the door open to reveal Kol with a smirk on his lips. "I think you could continue what you were doing another time."

"Screw you," I mutter under my breath. I kept myself from flinging him off the balcony and I could tell he was enjoying my annoyance with him. Klaus pushed Kol by harshly bumping into him with his shoulder as he followed behind me down the steps.

"Julianna, Nik, nice of you to join us," Rebekah says with a sarcastic smile.

"Settle down, we have to discuss a plan. Now that we have Alice here, plus Julianna, two witches. If all of us work together, we might possibly have a chance of overcoming this." Elijah explains. "Niklaus, do you have suggestions? After all you are the diabolical one." As Klaus thought of something to say I started to feel my head spin. When words began leaving his mouth and everyone was paying close attention to him, I started violently coughing. I walked away from the group, and towards a wall to keep myself standing. There was a deep pain forming in my chest, I coughed harder and gushes of blood fell onto my hand. My head was spinning faster and everything began doubling, someone was walking towards me and I couldn't see who. My knees buckled underneath me and I was pulled from reality before I even hit the ground.

I woke up in the same spot I fell, I was all alone, no Mikaelson's or my sister anywhere like it had been before I fell unconscious. The atmosphere was blue and it felt like a dream. Not metaphorically, it felt like I was in an actual literal dream. Then I figured it out - this is the Other Side. As I took in my surroundings, my eyes landed on a man and I could feel my heart skip a beat. A wicked grin on his lips and a look of evil in his eyes, ten feet away from me stood the man I feared most, Mikael.

***
3rd Person POV

Elijah's attention was taken off Klaus when he had heard Julianna coughing. She walked away from the group to prop herself up on a wall as she ferociously coughed. He immediately went over to her as the smell of her blood flew from her mouth onto her hand.

"Julianna? Is everything okay?" He cautiously asks as he walks towards her. Klaus stops talking and worriedly turns around to see why Elijah would ask Julianna that. As Elijah gets closer to her, Julianna loses her balance and he vamp-sped to her and caught her before she hit the ground. Klaus, extremely worried, dashes over to the two of them.

"What happened?" Klaus questions in a concerned tone.

"I don't know, she excused herself and began coughing, then she coughed blood so I went to see if she was okay but she fell unconscious," Elijah explains in the same tone. Alice runs over to them and she gasps when she sees her sister, blood dripped from her mouth and trickled down her chin and onto her chest.

"Place her on the table quick!" Alice ordered in a rush. Klaus ran over to the wooden table and cleared everything off of it by shoving it with his arm. Elijah placed Julianna's unconscious body on the table. "There's a spell I can do. Elijah go get chamomile."

Rebekah and Kol quickly ran over to the table and joined everyone else, praying to whatever was above that she would wake up. Elijah returns with chamomile and Alice wets the cloth with the chamomile and begins dabbing it onto Julianna's head.

"Coeur la sais patri avec mwen. Coeur la sais patri avec mwen," Alice begins chanting and holds the chamomile cloth to Julianna's forehead.

"Why isn't she breathing?" Kol asks in fear. Klaus, angry, frustrated, and worried, bites into his wrist and puts it to her mouth. His blood trickles down her cheeks and chin but her eyes still wouldn't open.

"Nik, it didn't work. She still isn't breathing." Rebekah says.

***
Julianna's POV

Mikael began walking towards me and automatically I take steps back.

"Ah Julianna, it's quite surprising to see you alive," he speaks.

"It's quite relieving to see you dead. This isn't real, this is just a dream - a nightmare," I say. Mikael chuckles and vamp-speeds over to me, his forearm was pressed against my neck, putting me in a headlock and choking me.

"On the contrary, this is very real." I claw at his arm, trying to pry it off me. I finally manage to get out of his grip and I grab a coat rack near me and swing at his head. I dash over to the top floor and watch as he gets up off the ground with a deep chuckle.

"I thought I killed you ages ago. That was until you showed up on the bastard's doorstep and I was forced to watch you be with that vermin," he seethes, "I should have payed more attention to wear I stuck the stake in you."

"Glad you didn't," I smirk. Another deep chuckle comes leaves his mouth making shivers go down my spine.

"I find it amusing how you are trying to cover your fear," he pauses and then smiles, "Am I your worst fear?" My silence was his answer and he laughed manically. "Ah, of course I am."

"Just give up Mikael. Klaus already beat you, you're dead."

"I won't rest until that creature my children call 'brother' is dead," he snarls. He speeds over to me and before I could run, he grabs my by the arm and throws me off the balcony. I fall to the ground with a loud 'thud' and my breath was gone. I struggled on the ground for a little bit before I got my breathing back and I was up on my feet.

"Julianna, I'd like to give you a warning. I am coming back, I can promise you that. And when I do, you will be my first target." He walked down the steps, hands clasped over his stomach. "Ah yes, one more thing, everyone is coming back. Be prepared for the witches coming back from the dead to get you."

***

I wake up on a table, loud gasps left my mouth as I desperately inhaled air. Blood covered my chin, cheeks, and chest. Everyone was surrounding me and they all had relieved expressions. Klaus pulled me into his arms while softly caressing the back of my head while his hands smoothed my hair.

"You scared me there love," he whispered.

"Nik," I croaked out. He pulled away and looked at me, concerned. "I saw Mikael, and he warned me. He is coming back, along with every witch wanting to kill me." I cried.

"We're out of time," Elijah sighs.

"War is coming," Klaus began, "and we all need to be prepared."

A/N

WHOAHAHAH FINALLY I UPDATE OMG IM SO SORRY I GOT CAUGHT UP IN SCHOOL AND STUFF AND I HAD WRITERS BLOCK BUT I FINALLY PULLED SOMETHING OUT OF THE OLD NOGGIN WITH THE HELP OF AN EPISODE :) HOPEFULLY I CAN GET ANOTHER UPDATE IN BY THE WEEKEND :D THINK OF THE LAST CHAPTER I POSTED WAS LIKE A SEASON FINALE. Anyway, LEAVE COMMENTS PLEASE I LOVE COMMENTS AND GIVE A VOTE :D LOVE YOU GUYS xx <3 :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.2K 42
A recent move to New Orleans for Jade turned out to be different then expected. She's only 20, but she never knew that she could love as hard as she...
180K 7.1K 13
In which Rebekah Mikaelson is sent back in time to save her family as her dying wish. Rebekah Mikaelson was dying. She was alone and dying. The only...
726K 20.2K 49
Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And then one day, as the two are having the tim...
3.2K 28 19
Kidnapped. Tortured. Love. Hatred. Revenge. ~New Orleans~ *DISCLAIMER* This book wasn't made to be exactly like The Originals. I didn't follow the Ma...