That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 77

2 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

Conrad is such a great comforter.

I thanked him for hearing me out and for giving me comfort just like he did before.

I wiped my tears and snot using tissues then I used my hands as a fan to cool my eyes.

"Do you want to eat your sorrows away? It will be my treat. I'll spoil you 'till you are satisfied." He said.

I chuckled and said no thanks. I told him that it would be nice but I don't have the mood yet to do that.

Conrad suddenly panicked and apologized for not thinking my feelings.

"It's okay. I appreciate the thought." I said.

He's so nice... I should be thankful for him.

Oh, it will be my birthday this weekend. I should treat Conrad for being nice with me on my birthday.

"Conrad, do you have work on Saturday?" I asked.

"Saturday? I don't have any scheduled work up until Sunday. Finally, I could rest." He said.

Oh no, that's his deserving rest day after being so busy with his work!

"What about it?" He asked.

"... I was wondering if Maya and you could go with me at the ski resort...

However, Conrad looked reluctant.

"You don't want to?" I asked. I suddenly got worried from his reaction.

"No, it's just that I'm concerned if it would be alright for me to come. Your parents might even tell you that hanging around with some guy right after a break up is kind of a rash move."

I immediately told him that it's totally fine.

"I just want to celebrate my birthday with you guys. For now, I just want to treat you guys for being nice to me. Unwinding is also my goal in going to that ski resort, nothing else."

He suddenly looked surprised and can't believe that my birthday will be on Saturday.

"I never knew! Your birthday is just a few days away! Why didn't I know your birthday?" He was brooding over the fact that he doesn't know my birthday.

"I was about to invite Charles but we've broken up. I hope you won't misunderstand that I am not asking you to be a replacement. I just want to enjoy my birthday without worrying anything and to have good company. Think of my invitation as my thanks for being so kind to me."

Conrad understood my intentions.

"We'll go, Maya would definitely be excited. I hope you will enjoy your 26th birthday on Saturday. We'll be looking forward with it." He said.

I smiled and thanked him.

"Now I got something to look forward this week. Though it's hard to work comfortably with Charles since we are in the same department..."

"During my breakup with my ex, it was tough to see her around the campus. We even both have some the same classes. By time, you will eventually get used to it."

"Yeah, I do hope I could function well at work."

Conrad and I settled things up and I saw him out to the parking lot where his van is parked.

"We'll contact you soon if there is any next activities for Conrad." I said this to Naoya.

"Thank you. Oh, and Conrad will be off this weekend. Take the opportunity to relax with him. He's also tired from continuous work."

"I'm inviting him for an overnight stay at a ski resort with his sister." I said.

Naoya looked delighted and told me that I did the right thing to have a short vacation to alleviate what distresses me.

"There are better guys out there. You'll be able to find who will be compatible for you. Relationships come and go but if you have found the right person, he'll definitely stay and everything will be in equilibrium."

Naoya is trying to lift up my spirits too, how thoughtful.

"I hope you'll consider this guy." Naoya pointed Conrad.

Conrad immediately brought Naoya's index finger down and desperately told him to stop spouting unnecessary words.

I chuckled and told him that Conrad is really a nice guy.

"I'll be going back now. Have a safe trip going back home." I said.

We said our goodbyes and they went on their way going home.

As I entered the building, I saw Charles is leaning on the wall with back while his arms were crossed.

When he noticed me, he faced me then walked towards me.

"You seem happy after all. I was worried for nothing." He is speaking to me with anger.

I suddenly felt sad and hurt hearing that from him.

"No, I-"

"Be glad I have already let you go this early. If not, both of us we'll get hurt than what we are currently."

He suddenly handed out the box of the necklace that I just returned this morning.

"I don't need this. You can throw it or sell it."

After hearing that from him, I got irritated and glared at him.

"You know what, I realized it was really a mistake that I gave you a chance. I was very stupid for crying for hours and days. Just recently, before you confronted me, I finally realized that I have truly fallen for you but you just destroyed it. I was trying to adjust to be the girl you wanted me to be - to be the one who gives. You just ruined it."

He was just giving me a stern look and didn't say anything.

"You want me to go with Conrad, then I'll do it. He's hundred times better than you! Also, you've been having fun with Zilly lately. Seeing that photo confirms that you are already fed up with me, I understand that. Go and continue what the both of you were doing on the bed." I angrily walked past by him.

He called me out and asked what I was saying.

I stopped and turned my head to him then raised an eyebrow.

"Ask her." I turned my head and walked on my way.

While walking towards the office room, I felt my knees became jelly so I stopped and supported myself by placing my hand against the wall.

I really got mad back there. I was surprised I was able to get angry with him. My tears were all dried up so it was a good thing I didn't cry this time.

Now I wanted to change jobs... I don't want to see Conrad's face again.

When I returned to the office, I talked to Reese about availing again her offer to stay at her in-law's ski resort.

"What? You'll going with him? Did you make up with him?" She pointed Charles's work space with her eyes.

"No. I'll be going with Conrad."

She suddenly looked excited and told me she was glad that I considered her idea.

"What made you change your mind?" She asked.

"I'll definitely use that opportunity to forget about him." I seriously said.

"You're looking fierce today. Tsk tsk, he really did something bad to you to allow you to act this way. Well, he deserves it. I'll give you the details when I coordinate with the ski resort."

.
.
.
.
.
.

I went back to venue hall were the event was held.

I approached Zilly and told her that I have to ask her something. We both went at the corner of the hall were no people can be see.

"What? Want to kiss me?" She playfully said.

"Hand me your phone."

"My phone? If it's you, I can give it you."

I opened her phone and tapped on her gallery app.

What the... I saw something unimaginable.

I saw a photo of myself being half naked while sleeping like a log with Zilly on the bed.

This is what she was saying!

"Why the hell did you take this photo!" I furiously said this to her.

I showed the photo to her.

She looked guilty but she talked back at me saying what's wrong taking that photo since there is nothing x-rated on that photo.

"Nothing deep happened between us that night. I was wearing clothes the whole time." She said this nonchalantly.

"That's not what I wanted to say. Athena saw this photo!"

She rolled her eyes and said that I'm reacting nonsense.

"You told me yesterday you two have broken up. Why are you concerned about knowing that she saw the photo." She said.

Yeah, I told her yesterday that Athena and I have broken up. She has annoyingly returned her old habit of clinging to me after hearing that from me.

I deleted the photo and returned her phone.

"Why did you deleted it! That was my favorite!" She said.

I left her and I went to the office to return to my table.

As I sat on my chair, I saw Athena preparing to leave. When she stood up, out eyes met and she glared at me for a second then walked her way out.

That hurt. Well, I don't blame her.

I brought out the box she gave me from my jacket pocket.

When I looked at it, I suddenly became uneasy.

I'm having mixed feelings right now.

.
.
.
.
.

This is the worst.

Sir Mark assigned me again to work with Charles for a new project.

Yesterday at the meeting with sir Mark, Charles and I reacted unfavorably in front of him.

The story about what happened yesterday went like this:

"What's wrong? You both looked like you don't want to do it." Sir Mark asked.

I was about to say something but Charles suddenly spoke first.

"That's not it. I prefer to work with Henry on this since I wanted to use his creativity and PR skills since he is good at those. And besides, she already got a lot on her plate."

Sir Mark then looked at me as if he wants to hear something from me.

"I-I'm already committed with Reese on another project..." I said.

It's true that Reese and I have a project together but it is almost done but I know Charles definitely lied saying I have a lot of work to do. He knows my current activities since Charles mostly handles the distribution of work to us who work under him.

I'm siding with Charles this time. I know he doesn't want to work with me so do I. It will be hard to work with him because everything is still fresh about what happened to us.

"Henry was supposed to be with me when I was in Japan for the business trip so I want to work with him this time."

Charles is trying to persuade sir Mark to make Henry work with him instead of me.

I kind of feel offended but I totally agree with Charles so that I could stay away from him for now.

"I agree. It's Henry's turn to work with sir Charles here." I said.

Sir Mark got all thinking deeply. After thinking for a few moments, he still insisted that we should work together.

"I considered the two of you to work together again was because both of you did an excellent job back in Japan. I wanted the same results just like that." He said.

"... Or do the both of you have personal problems with each other?" He then looked at us as if he was doubting us.

Charles and I calmly denied it.

This is getting worrisome. I really don't like to work with him!

Sir Mark placed his high hopes to us and told us that he believes that we will produce good results.

"And come on, the relationship you guys have is improving. I like to see the both of you to improve more, okay?"

W-what?

Charles was about to say something but sir Mark cut him off by saying that Charles and I should do our best. He then declared the meeting was over and he went out of the meeting room.

That's the end of the story.

Charles and I are currently on our way to a popular bar to conduct research for marketing strategies.

Our company is currently in talks of selling alcoholic drinks specifically bourbon. We are assigned to market that drink.

It will be our company's first time to venture with alcoholic products so this project is quite a big deal.

Ugh, I don't even like alcoholic drinks. Henry is clearly suited for this job instead of me.

The bar that we are going to is a famous bar which we supply them with our food products. That bar was very delighted to know that we have finally have an alcoholic drink to sell.

We are going to get some insights from the staff so that we could improve the market of the drink.

My journey going to the bar is quite unpleasant.

Charles and I haven't talked even once ever since we left the office. Only the radio reduces the awkward silence.

We have finally arrived at the bar and we headed inside to talk with the manager of the bar.

The bar is super elegant. I've never been to a high-end bar before! It's huge and the ambiance is very relaxing. This is perfect to de-stress after work

I bet this bar is jam-packed every night.

The manager knows Charles very well as he has worked with him before and apparently, Charles is a regular customer here.

A few moments after talking with the manager to get insights, a man suddenly approached and greeted Charles.

"Oh hey, didn't expect to see you here." said the man.

The man looked professional, being kept and all. He looked like he is in the same age group as me. Who is he?

Charles looked baffled and seemed he doesn't recognize the man.

"It's me, the one who spilled your drink at the bar from the hotel. I even gave you my business card." He said.

"I remember now. You're Jordan Martin." Charles said.

The manager was surprised that the both of them knew each other.

The Jordan guy is friends with the manager and comes regularly in this bar.

"We're still technically closed. I'm here to entertain these two so go back to work." said the manager.

"My office is just one block away so I can go here whatever I want. I have a flexible schedule anyways." Jordan said.

Jordan looked at me and greeted me. He asked what is my name and I gave him my name.

"Athena?"

Jordan told me that Charles was with a woman who have the same as me at the hotel where the both of them met at the hotel.

Hotel with a woman who has the same name as me? I suddenly got uneasy hearing that.

"She was a bit feisty and overprotective about you."

Charles also became uneasy and he just agreed what Jordan has said.

I got an idea who used my name. It's probably Zilly. I knew they drank at a bar of a certain hotel and they even had a one night stand.

I went along with Jordan and told Charles that Athena is indeed feisty and overprotective.

"They are a very compatible couple. Knowing her outgoing and frank personality, she looks good with him." I pretended to be proud of Zilly.

"You know her?" Jordan asked.

I nodded and told him that I am acquainted with her.

"Her name goes very well with her name, unlike me that I am a totally opposite of her." I said.

I don't know why I'm purposely saying these things... Well, probably I'm mad with the fact that Charles had a one-night stand with Zilly and for using my name. He didn't even deny that Zilly is his girlfriend.

Jordan said that I look reserved.

"But I think your name still fits you despite having a strong name. You're pretty honest too." He then smiled at me.

Charles suddenly butted in and told me that we better continue our job.

"Ooops, sorry. Send my regards to Athena, your girlfriend that is." Jayden said this to Charles.

What the... Charles even acknowledged that he will relay it to Zilly, or should I say to Athena.

Are they together already after breaking up with me?

Jayden went on his way to the office of the manager.

"I heard he is currently affiliated with Dolly's." The manager said.

Charles and I were both surprised and told him that we didn't know that.

Sir Mark didn't tell anything. He is probably working with the advertising department since he is a creative director at an advertising firm.

.
.
.
.
.
.

We have done our part in this bar and we are headed back to the office.

It's still awkward inside the car but after some moments, Charles suddenly called my attention.

"I'm sorry. I drunkenly named Zilly using your name when both of us met with Jordan. I wasn't able to stop her from insisting being a girlfriend at that time." He said.

I got irritated and told him that it's alright and I don't care.

"I've got nothing to do with that. Zilly must be pretty ecstatic that the both of you had fun at the hotel, good for her." I added.

The stoplight turned red and the car stopped following the red light.

Charles sighed and said that nothing happened between them. The photo I saw from Zilly's phone was just a picture casually taken by Zilly.

He knew I saw the photo during the product launch event.

He kept explaining about what happened during the hotel especially about him getting drunk that Zilly just kindly let him sleep and rest because it was dangerous to drive home drunk.

I know something happened. I know how Zilly is crazy for Charles.

"Why keep on explaining? I didn't ask you to explain things. We've got nothing to do with each other now so I appreciate it if you get the car going now." I pointed the stoplight since it will turn green any moment.

As he started the car to get rolling, he didn't say anything for a while. After that, he got a bit angry at me.

"You're right. We've got nothing to do with each other now expect being colleagues at work."

"My mistake." He's said this in a sarcastic tone.

I didn't say anything and I just looked at the streets from my window side of the car.

My chest feels heavy... I hate working with him...

My phone suddenly rang and I saw that Maya is calling me.

I answered the phone and she suddenly told me that she won't be able to come because she has a part-time job at a local coffee shop on Saturday. Apparently, it will be her first day.

"Go and have fun with my brother! I hope things will level up!" She excitedly said this.

"I will. I hope you'll enjoy your part-time job."

I ended the call and placed my phone inside my bag.

"Going somewhere on Saturday?" He asked.

"...Yes. It will be my birthday so..."

Shoot... Why I'm acting meek all of the sudden!

I glanced at him and he just looked serious all of the sudden.

After saying that it will be my birthday, he didn't say anything until we have returned to the office. I didn't say anything either.

I'm now at the office and I went to the comfort room to pee.

While doing my business on the toilet, I heard Katie's and Miranda's voices. Both are my colleagues at my department.

"Charles and Athena got a project together again. What's up with sir Mark?" Katie said.

"I never got to work with Charles on a major project before. I'm so jealous that you and Athena got to work with him closely." Miranda said.

They were ranting about why they haven't been chosen yet to work with Charles on a major project or work.

As they were ranting, they suddenly mentioned Charles's interaction with me.

"Don't you think there is something going on between the two? I mean they were getting friendly at some point but all of the sudden they got cold."

Oh my gosh... Miranda actually felt that I have something with Charles?!

"I thought so too! There was a time when he even got mad at me for saying bad about her and he was a bit sensitive when I mentioned the possibility of Athena having a boyfriend. Now, they're quite distant as if they have returned to their normal self. We all know that Athena and Charles were not very fond of each other since the beginning but it was weird that they suddenly got close then returned to their usual self." Katie said.

"Do you think Charles likes Athena? I've got a hint assuming that Charles was the one who gave that expensive necklace to her." Miranda said.

I bit my lip and suddenly got worried. I pulled up my underwear and slacks then I carefully listened to them.

"This was weeks ago and I was passing through the elevator where I saw Athena giving out a blue, rectangular box to Charles. She wasn't wearing that necklace that day. The following week, I noticed she was wearing the necklace again!"

Katie told Miranda that the box she saw must be chocolate or something.

"It must be a coincidence that she wasn't wearing that necklace that day. Not all people wear their necklaces regularly." She added.

"No! This is the most shocking part!" said Miranda.

My heart is currently beating so fast! What will Miranda say?!

"I saw Charles staring at that rectangular box the other day at his desk! When he opened the box, I saw the same necklace that Athena was wearing! Notice how Athena was not wearing the necklace lately!"

Shit!

Katie gasped from shock. Apparently, Miranda claimed that she saw Charles opening the box when she was passing going to sir Mark's office.

"Why didn't you say this earlier?! It totally confirms that Charles was the one who gave that necklace! That totally explains why Athena wasn't wearing that necklace and they seem to be cold with each other. Maybe they did have a secret relationship and just broke up!" Katie said.

What should I do!!! They will probably ask me if Charles and I dated!

Charles got careless! I never thought that he would carelessly show that necklace at work.

"I don't want to assume things quickly because I might be wrong but I think it was a solid evidence that Charles and Athena had something in between them." Miranda said.

Katie said that it makes sense that Charles was proudly saying that I have received a necklace from an amazing guy. In reality, he was being proud of himself giving that necklace to me.

"If Zilly knows that, she will get crazy!" Katie added.

Miranda suddenly mocked me for being a lucky girl to receive something like that. She even questioned what made Charles like me and commented that I have nothing special on me.

"She is also close with our brand ambassador. What special trick did she do to be closer to amazing guys like them? Tsk, did she hypnotize them or what?" Miranda added.

"Well, if they really have a relationship, they seemed to have broken up. Returning the necklace and all. If I were her, I wouldn't return that necklace!"

Katie and Miranda said that they will ask Charles at lunch about Charles's relationship with me.

When they finally left the comfort room, I flushed the toilet and went out from the cubicle.

Oh no... This is getting out of hand. I didn't realize that Charles and I were obvious! If they knew that I dated Charles, I will be the center of talks, judgements, and criticisms again. I don't want to encounter that again!

Hearing badmouthing me really hurts. I didn't do Charles and Conrad to like me!

But what can I do? There was a solid evidence that the necklace was from Charles. I hope Charles doesn't reveal anything to them!

If word gets out that Charles and I dated, I will really consider to change jobs!

»»»»»End of Chapter 77«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 146 22
"What is she doing here?" "Oh Jaden, the way you talk, someone would think you own this entire neighborhood. " She's quiet,not very social and very ...
446K 8.6K 34
- They were lethal in a battle, but around each other they melted. "Are you wet for me? Is your sweet pussy aching for my cock?" Dante teased as his...
614K 11.4K 41
Book #1 (Tainted Scars Series) He grabbed my waist and pulled me down into his lap. "Do I have to fuck you in front of your brother? Is that what it...