The Death Squad

By Angel_7174

Ashlynn Pierce/ Dobrev - Was sent away by her father and eldest brother at the age of 5 to an organization wh... More

Characters~~~
A/N
Chapter 1 - YOU WHAT
Chapter 2 Give'em Hell
Chapter 3 God how dramatic are these people
Chapter 4 Hatred and Betrayal
Chapter 5 What's up?
Chapter 6 One hell' of a reunion.
Chapter 7 Big mistake dude. Big mistake
Chapter 8 ~ School
Chapter 9 The dinner
Chapter 10 ~ Half truth
Chapter 11 - Fucking biologicals pissed me off
Chapter 12 Sure
Chapter 13 The skill tests.
Chapter 14 Black Don
Chapter 15 Fun
Chapter 16 Are you ok?
Chapter 17 Papa?
Chapter 18 Try me
Chapter 19 Just like a dad
Chapter 20 Aunts, Unlces and Cousins
Chapter 21 Protect yourself
Chapter 22 Always and Forever
Chapter 23 Little Weapon
Chapter 24 Eyes, Emotions, Pain and Guilt
Chapter 25 "Thankyou"
Chapter 26 Not your fault
Chapter 27 Rio
Chapter 28 ~ No shit Sherlock
Chapter 29 The shitshow~
Chapter 30 History repeating itself
Chapter 31 Everly
Chapter 32 Video games
Chapter 33 The ceremony
Chapter 34 ~ Merry Christmas
Chapter 36 Driving and yelling.
Chapter 37 Long Story
Chapter- 38 Happy New Year Ace
Chapter 39 "Cupcake?"
Chapter 40- The Plan
Chapter 41 Survive
Chapter 42 Next stop, Italy

Chapter 35- The ball

11.3K 295 128
By Angel_7174

Ashlynn's Pov~

All the festivals in this house are celebrated joyously.

So was Christmas and New year.

Christmas a little too brightly, if you know what I mean. *inserts evil laugh*

Alexander and Lucian have been trying to apologize to me ever since the day. They said they were sorry and they hoped that I'd forgive them.

Well, keep hoping kids, we'll see where it gets you.

Actually I already know the answer well from experience.

Of course, nowhere.

Even though Charlotte was grounded for a while, they still told me to forgive her as she was a young and naive five year old who didn't know what she was doing.

Well if she was so naive, what were they?!

Illiterate? Brainless? Blind? Deaf? Birdbrained? Airheaded?

Pretty sure it's all of the above and more.

Most importantly, if she was a little five year old, what the hell was I? A hundred years old?!

So yeah, even the idea of forgiving her,

I think the fuck not.

Alexander and Lucian have been extra nice since then, which is extremely cringy in all honesty.

Alfie has been the same, since he already believed me.

Jeremy seems to be in his own little world these days. I mean I don't blame him, he was lied to by his sister for who he'd literally kill me if he had to.

Even though he's a jackass, he's still loyal.

That's kinda respectable I guess.

Nope, still not talking to them though.

He's barely home these days. But whenever he is or during dinner, he usually ignores everyone and stays silent.

Personally, I think he's copying my actions and trying to become like me.

Well, I'm awesome so I won't be surprised if he was.

Whenever Charlotte try's to talk to him, he either replies with single words or like I said, completely ignores her.

Well that's that.

For New Year however, an Yearly masquerade ball is thrown at midnight and usually lasts till 4 or 5 in the morning.

The invited Mafia's are the Europeans, the Greek, the Serbian and the American.

They take turns organizing the event annually and this year, it was the American's turn.

As the donna of the Italian mob, I've heard of this event but never really been involved with these Mafias.

These mobs are more on the smaller side and are not that big on crime, drugs or security either.

The Americans are the strongest one out of the group, so you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, the event was taking place tonight in a luxury banquet hall of a resort owned by the Americans here in NYC.

The others were flying in and staying at the same resort.

It was sort of a traditional thing and had been happening long before I was even born.

Besides, the biologicals are the one throwing it this year so it's a big deal.

They have been preparing for this for the past month and making arrangements.

I wore an all black off-shoulder velvet gown along with a black eye mask and black heels.

I straightened my naturally wavy raven black hair as the flowed over my shoulders.

I wore a sliver chain along with about four rings and some other jewelry. About four of my usual daggers and two handguns were strapped to my legs.

(Ashlynn's dress)

It was not that comfortable, but it looked damn good.
Besides, it was way better than Charlotte's.

She wore a hot pink off shoulder floor lengh gown with white heels and a white eye mask along with her hair tied up in a tight high ponytail.

(Charlotte's dress)

All the men were wearing black tuxedos or suits along with their eye masks as well.

Upon reaching the venue, all of us got out of the car and walked into the big hall. All of the relatives had already arrived and so had mostly all the other people of the Mafia.

At midnight, people from the other Mafias started coming and soon, the place was packed with men and women from different Mobs.
Alexander and Lucian greeted everyone, as I stood in my place, observing what everyone was doing, making sure no one was suspicious, or a potential threat.

Even though everyone here is not that powerful, you have to be careful and keep an eye out around Mafia people.

Alfie stuck around with me, as he probably didn't know what else to do. He followed me like a lost puppy, even though I was the new one here.

Now if he was being lonely or just protective, I do not know.

But who cares? If something happens, I'm only the one who's gonna end up saving him.

Jeremy was here with Everly, who he brought as a date. Well it makes sense but of course he didn't tell her that this was a freaking Mafia ball.

She was told that it was a normal ball with business partners and family for New Year celebration.

I was standing near the bar while Alfie went to get the drinks. A beer for him and a lime and lemon soda for me. yay.

I was waiting for him when a guy walked over and stood in front of me. He looked like he was in his early twenties and he was tall. Like really really tall.

"Hey" He chirped.

"Hi?" I narrowed my eyes, looking him up and down, reading his body language and trying to figure out who the hell was.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asked.

"The drinks here are free. But if you really want to, I'd rather have the money" I shrugged, narrowing my eyes further at his weird behavior.

"Alright then, will you go out with me this Saturday?" He chuckled, taking a step towards me.

Can I knock out his teeth yet?

"Sorry, I'm having a headache this weekend." I smiled sarcastically.

"Come on, don't be shy. Ask me out" He smirked as if what he was saying was actually relevant.

"Alright. Go out." I shrugged, answering his question a little too....literally.

It was funny though.

"I can make you happy" He winked.

And I can make him very unhappy. By kicking him where he's not gonna appreciate and then ripping out his vocal cords.

"Why? did you finally decide to leave?" I questioned innocently with my eyebrows raised.

"No-" He began, but was cut off when Alfie interrupted him.

"Back off man now you're literally just embarrassing yourself" He laughed, handing the lime and lemon soda to me.

The guy scoffed and walked off, while I drank this amazing thing.

"Who the hell was he?" Alfie questioned, taking a sip out of his own beer as we walked around the hall.

"No idea."

"I'm surprised you didn't slice him up" He chuckled after making a pretend-terrified expression.

"Yeah, me too." I laughed slightly.

There was a long rectangular table situated in the middle of the hall, set up for the leaders and other important men and women present.

There were more circular smaller tables present around the room, but I decided to walk over to the big central one once I was tired of walking.

Just to my luck, the little demon rat was also sitting there talking to some guy.

I decided to ignore her and treat her like her existence was false. Typical me.

The head of the table is where the Don of the Mafia sits aka the leader of the Mob who has organized the event aka, Alexander.

So, that's exactly where I sat obviously. He'll get irritated and I'll just amuse myself.

Alfie sat on my left side, raising an amused eyebrow.

"You're not supposed to sit there"

"I know" I smirked.

He breathed out a laughter and nodded, leaning back into his chair.

"Where the hell do you think you're sitting" Charlotte shrieked when she finally noticed our presence.

"Pretty sure it's a chair" I shrugged.

"Get. Up. That's where Daddy's supposed to sit" She glared, but it was really hard to take her seriously with the hideous makeup she had on.

"Well, I don't see your daddy's name on it." I replied, giving her a sarcastic smile.

"It's in the rules you little whore" She snarled, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Well, I never really was the one to follow rules" I shrugged again. Bet she feels stupid now.

"You just think that you're SO strong and smart, don't you?! Well let me tell you-" She yelled, but I cut off her.

"Whoa whoa whoa, I don't think that. I know that."

"Whatever. You're just a scared little attention seeking whore" She scoffed.

"Ohh okayy so that's what this is about. You're jealous." I raised an eyebrow.

"Jealous? Of you? You wish" She shook her head.

"Sounds like something a jealous person would say" I nodded mine.

"I'm calling daddy" she narrowed her eyes again and walked away, dramatically pushing the chair away.

"Alright go cry to your daddy. We'll see what he can do " I yelled after her, a giggle escaping my lips at her flushed behaviour.

Just as she walked away, Everly came and sat besides me, passing a shy smile towards Alfie and slapping the back of my head.

"Ouch what what the hell was that for?" I pouted like a child.

"I don't know, just felt like hitting you" she shrugged as if it was no big deal.

I furrowed my eyebrows and gasped, dramatically putting a hand over my heart and acting all hurt.

The both of them laughed at my antics as I kicked her foot from under the table.
Ha.

"Where's Jeremy?" Alfie asked her after a few minutes of us talking about random things.

"I have no idea. He went to get drinks about half an hour ago but then got held up by some of your relatives." She explained, taking a sip from her drink.

Straight vodka to be specific.

After some time, Alfie excused himself to go to the bathroom.
Me and Everly remain seated at the table, bored out of our minds.

I did feel something was off, but I didn't know what.

I didn't ignore it, because I don't mean to boast, but my gut is mostly always right in these kinda things.

Right on cue, Jeremy came over.

"May I have this dance m'lady" He asked Everly, extending his arm forward.

Ew.

"You may" she chuckled as she took his arm, her purse hanging over hers.

"Drop the purse. I'm sure no one will take it" Jeremy frowned, taking the bag off of her shoulder and placing it on the table.

"Oh, okay.." she chuckled, but it was almost a nervous chuckle.

It was pretty unnoticiable, but yet I saw it.

She looked a bit uncomfortable leaving her bag alone and kept glancing at it even from the dance floor.

That's oddly suspicious. What could possibly be in the bag?

Jeremy took her to the other end of the dancing floor, which had no view of the table I was currently sitting at.

My staring contest with the bag lasted for a while before I sighed and shook my head, not knowing if I should open it or not.

I really wanted to see what this whole thing was about, but I also didn't wanna invade her privacy if there was actually nothing in the purse and I was just being paranoid.

I can either discover a really big secret she's keeping or be a really bad friend.

Okay, let's just think of it as a mission.

So, If this was a mission I'd ofcourse check the thing, even if it's just for my reassurance.

I shook my head and opened the goddamn purse.

Enough overthinking.

It's probably not even gonna be that bad.

Spoken too soon.

I narrowed my eyes to see what was inside and blinked, to ensure what I was seeing was right.

What.

The.

Heck.

I ran my hand over the blonde wig, thinking it was probably just a coincidence.

But I don't believe in coincidences.

Below the wig, was a small box of contact lenses.

Colored contacts.

Silver colored contacts.

Ofcourse.

Yup, definitely not a coincidence.

There was a black portable advanced walkie talkie along with everything in the bag.

To say I was confused would be an understatement.

So all this time, Everly was actually working with the Spanish?

She knew I'm the black flower?

She knew me and my friends were actually the death squad?

But if the Spanish know that she can't defeat me, why send her after me?

If she couldn't defeat me, how was she planning on taking out the whole death squad?

Why would she act dumb?

What would she date Jeremy and go after the Americans for?

Did Jeremy really find a way to trust the wrong person again?

I closed the purse and kept it back in it's place, wrapping my head around this information and trying to act normal at the same time.

(A/N)

Sooo I know most of y'all already knew that Everly would be that assassin.

Well, it's confirmed now.

The next chapter will be in continuation to this one, as this one was already long enough.

I'll try my best to  get it out by tomorrow.

And a bit of a spoiler, the good part is only just starting ;)

Thankyou for reading and make sure to leave your reviews!

- Vote and comment!

~Angel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Double Trouble By FinLuGrafie

Mystery / Thriller

34.5K 737 70
Read at your own risk. Unrealistic actions! --- Blood makes relatives, loyalty makes family. A triplet in the past - twins now. A fucked up past wi...
35.2K 977 44
Charlotte was taken away from her family at the age of two by her mother. Charlotte has become your stereotypically troubled teen and spends her tim...
Broken By

Teen Fiction

253K 4.6K 40
A broken girl who fights all her own battles, alone. she owns her own mafia and people see her as sadistic, heartless and cruel. no one has ever seen...
961K 23.2K 33
"Aurora, get in the goddamn car before I throw you over my shoulder and put you in there myself", One of my brothers say. I roll my eyes at them. Thr...