Sinned Blood

By bukiiwrites

Sold by her father, Sky lands in the hands of seven brothers hiding a dark secret. Despite their attractive f... More

PROLOG
Chapter 1 ~ The brothers
Chapter 2 ~ Trapped
CHAPTER 3 ~ Dinner's served
CHAPTER 4 ~ Only chance
Chapter 5 ~ Monster
Chapter 6 ~ Sinned Blood
CHAPTER 7 ~ Behind closed doors
Chapter 8 ~ From Fear 2 Lust...
Chapter 9 ~ Not herself
Chapter 10 ~ First time
Chapter 11 ~ Too close
Chapter 12 ~ Twice As Bad
Chapter 13 - A Deal With The Devil
CHAPTER 14 ~ Bad Choices
CHAPTER 15 ~ Facing Thorns
CHAPTER 16 ~ Thick Air
CHAPTER 17 - Was It A Dream
CHAPTER 18 ~ Pressure
CHAPTER 20 ~ Past Affairs
CHPATER 21 ~ New Wounds
CHAPTER 22 ~ Now or Never
CHAPTER 23 ~ Déjà Vu
CHAPTER 24 ~ Cruelty
CHAPTER 25 ~ Shared Fun
CHAPTER 26 ~ The Past Part 1
CHAPTER 27 ~ The Past Part 2
CHAPTER 28 ~ The Past Part 3
CHAPTER 29 ~ Curiosity

CHAPTER 19 ~ Pain

2.6K 26 60
By bukiiwrites

TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS PHYSICAL ACTS OF VIOLENCE!!!

"Good evening Ryan."

"Annabelle. What a pleasure to see you." He says and takes her hand into his while giving it a soft kiss.

"I assume you're here for Damien?"

"I am indeed," She smiles, "Did he talk about our plans?"

"He mentioned a nice dinner by the lake." Ryan walks her to the salon where they take a seat.

"And you won't be coming with us?" She asks curiously. Ryan chokes on his tongue, coughing slightly as he tries to catch his breath.

"Pardon me?"

"Will you be joining us?" She asks and places her hand on top of his leg. Ryan can't help but tense up at her soft touch. He can't deny her beauty, her tenderness and her humanity are very appealing to him. But knowing what all his brothers feel for her is giving him the strength to brush her hand off.

Giving in to the pleasure means getting into the conflict that goes on between the brothers. Doing that causes trouble. Trouble he can not risk to put himself through because it would cause a second dispute between him and his father. After all, he has to be the perfect son and his father would not tolerate for him to let his guards down for a human.

"That does not sound like a wise idea. My brother is escorting you after all and I am sure he rather have his privacy."

"Oh... I understand." From the look of her face he can tell that his words upset her. But what is he supposed to do? The least he wants is more issues.

"But I am sure my brother will be more than enough company for you, m'lady. Ah! Speaking of the devil." Ryan smirks as Damien walks into the room.

"Oh please, Ryan. We know who the real devil is." Annabelle chuckles as the two immaturely mock each other like children. She gets up and gives Damien her hand who kisses it softly to greet her.

"You look terrific, dear. What an outstanding dress."

"You think so?" She chuckles while making a little turn, showing off her dress. Ryan watches the two and decided to get up to go to the kitchen.

"It was nice to see you, Ryan!" He turns around and puts one of his hands behind his back, bowing down.

"The pleasure was all mine, m'lady. I wish you a wonderful evening." Annabelle inhales deeply as Ryan leaves the room, looking after him.

"Are you ready to go? I have found the perfect spot for us to enjoy ourselves."

"I cannot wait." She smiles and wraps her arm around his as they walk towards the door.

After sitting on the grass for a while and enjoying the view, Annabelle decided to try one of the biscuits Damien has brought with them.

"Mmm... they taste fabulous! Who made these?"

"My mother. I'm glad you like them." He chuckles while lying down with his hands behind his head.

"Please tell her I said thank you," She looks down at Damien and can't help but take in his beauty. With her finger she gently traces the veins on his upper arm down to his chest.

"Your body is so muscular. I have never seen you without your clothing before," Damien opens his eyes and looks at her, gently caressing her back with one hand while the other remains behind his head, "You feel so comfortable with me."

"I do."

"Is this why you wouldn't want Ryan to be with us?" Damien inhales sharply as soon as she mentions his name. Of course she had to.

"I would even be topless with all my brothers here. There is no reason not to be with the sun out like this." He says and sits back up. His elbows rest on his knees while he watches the lake glistening in the sunlight.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to upset you."

"If you wish to be with my brother you could have said so, Annabelle. You didn't have to agree to join me here."

"I do not wish to be with him!" She exclaims in frustration, "I told you I don't feel anything for him anymore..." She moves closer to Damien and places her hand on his chest while wrapping her other arm around his biceps. He tries not to let her charm get to him, but once he takes a little glimpse at her, he immediately surrenders.

His body relaxes and he closes his eyes as she leans in for a kiss. Returning the gesture, they start to kiss each other slow and soft. Damien's lips seem to burn hers. He moves to his side and places both his hands on either side of Annabelle while slowly hovering over her. She welcomes his body with her arms as she pulls him closer to her by his shoulders.

His kiss is passionate and full of desire for her. Fully aware of that she whispers against his lips,

"Do I belong to you?" Damien breaks the kiss and looks down at her, carefully removing a strand of her hair from her face. With his thumb he caresses her flushed soft cheek down to her throat where be examines the unbitten skin. In this moment, he wishes for nothing more than to have a little taste of her sweet blood. He responds to her with a smile.

"If you wish to." Annabelle bites down on her lower lip and pulls him back down where her lips meet his once again. She runs her fingers through his soft orange hair, gripping onto it lightly.

meanwhile...

Ryan and Carter sit in the garden. He looks down at Carter's lap and notices the little kitten from the other day sleeping there while Carter caresses it's little head.

"You really decided to keep it, huh?"

"I can't just abandon him. Cornelius thinks I'm his mother."

"Oh please... Cornelius?" Ryan rolls his eyes at him and continues to play with the piece of fabric he got in his hand. A tissue that has once belonged to Annabelle but she has given it to him a while ago.

"How are you doing?" Ryan shrugs with his shoulders. Carter doesn't need to look him in the eyes to know that he has been feeling miserable.

"You can talk about it, you know?"

"There is nothing to talk about, Carter." Looking down at the tissue, he wraps it around his finger and unwraps it again, repeating the process over and over.

"You keep dreaming of her, don't you?"

"Yes and I hate it. I hate the questions these dreams bring up."

"Maybe you should seek help or some advice from mother?" Ryan raises his eyebrow at Carter, not believing he is serious, "Or... maybe not." Carter clears his throat.

"I'm afraid I'm starting to lose my mind. I think things I shouldn't be thinking. I see things that aren't there. I have no idea what's happening to me, brother." He gets up and puts the tissue into his pocket. Carter looks up to him and gets up as well.
He places his palm on Ryan's shoulder.

"I'm here for you. We can talk about it, but for now try to ignore it. You've got a lot of pressure on you right now and should deal with that first. And if the dreams get worse, we'll seek help. But I'm sure once you stop thinking about it they'll disappear on their own." His words calm Ryan down. A huge part of the stress that was balling up inside him has left with the long exhale. He smiles at Carter and bumps his fist with his.

"Thank you. That really helped."

Back inside Ryan bumps into Annabelle. She drops the basket she and Damien took when they went to eat at the lake.

"I apologize! I meant to... give this back." She speaks shyly.

"Oh, thank you. Where is Damien?" He asks while taking the basket from her hands. She clears her throat.

"He said he had some business to attend to..." Ryan looks at her with hesitation. He could feel her heartbeat quickening and her body tensing up so something was obviously off.

"Is everything alright?" She nods fast her gaze lowered. At First he wants to keep digging for a proper answer, but then he decides to let it go and puts the basket into the kitchen before going to his room. Just when he was about to close the door, Annabelle puts her hand in between and moves it back open, "Annabelle? What are you doing?"

Ryan lets her enter and looks as she walks in with her head down and her hands playing with her dress. He can sense that she is nervous for some reason but does not the reason.

"Ryan..." She mumbles shyly.

"Yes?" Annabelle takes a deep breath and moves closer to Ryan. He doesn't know how to react. His face remains emotionless, not wanting her to realize the uneasy feeling she's giving him. He feels her hands on his shoulders as she presses him against the wall, her face resting against his broad chest.

They remain in this position silently. Annabelle looks up to him with an unknown expression in her eyes. Usually they are full of light and happiness but right now they are darkened and filled with what looks like lust.

"Why are you so dishonest, Ryan?" His eyes are locked with hers. Of course he knew what she was talking about. Why would he not give her the attention she wanted? The attention Damien was ready to give her. The attention his other brothers would lobe to give her. Why wasn't he womanizing her like others? The answer is something she is not ready to hear though.

"You should go. If Damien finds out-" She interrupts him, placing her finger on his lips.

"Can you please forget about your brothers for a second? I know what you want, I know what you feel. But the problem is that you don't own up to those feelings and I don't understand why."

"Annabelle, it's way more complicated than that-"

"So you do feel something for me." Ryan sighs, his neck tensing up as he rests his head against the wall. She examines his body while her hands gently go down his muscular shoulders and down his biceps.
He can't deny that he is craving her. How could he not? He's been fascinated from the first time he's laid his eyes on her. Her beauty is astonishing, her voice soft, and the scent of her blood running through her veins is almost irresistible.

But if he gives in, he can not guarantee that he'll have the strength to control himself. He can't risk it. He doesn't want to risk it. He shouldn't risk it.

He exhales sharply, "For god's sake..." Ryan grabs her by the throat and flips them over as she's now pinned against the wall, trying not to use his inhuman speed though. After all, she has no knowledge of their beings. While Annabelle tries to gasp for air, both their eyes are glued to each other's lips. Besides having his morals, he cannot deny the desire he feels for her. Especially after the rough time he's been going through he now craves something to numb his mind.

"If you tell..."

"I won't." Ryan smirks at her words and breaks the space between them. His kiss is rough and aggressive but this is how she responds. It's what she's been craving too. She wants to feel the danger he brings. She wants a taste of the dark, the bad. Something Damien's good heart would never dare to let her experience. He rips her dress off her body and wraps her legs around his waist, moving them to the bed. And not once during this time has Sky entered his mind. It did what it was supposed to do. It numbed his mind.

TW: AB*SE

Ryan wakes up abruptly. He looks down beside him, noticing that something is wrong. He's alone. The right side of the bed is empty. Not bothering to put on a shirt, he runs downstairs. The kitchen is filled with his brothers.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" He yells as he slams the door open, startling them.

"Whoa easy there! Where's who?"

"SKY! Where the fuck is Sky?!" He looks around but she's nowhere to be found with them.

"As you can see, not here." Jaxon responds. "Is everything okay?" Ryan ignores him and searches for Sky everywhere. Once he realizes she is not in any of the rooms, he grabs his keys. His brothers follow him to the entry hall. But before he can open the door, Sky suddenly walks in from outside. She gets startled as they are all collected in front of her.

"Oh- eh... something wrong?" Before she could even finish her sentence fully, Ryan grabs her by her shoulders and roughly pushes her against the wall. Her whimpering makes Kaiden and Carter want to react but he Ryan glares at them.

"Don't you two fucking think about it." His gaze goes back to Sky who looks at him helplessly and full of fear, "Where the FUCK have you been, Sky?!" She stutters slightly to his words, "What?! WHAT?? WORDS! Fucking use words Sky or I swear..."

"She was with me." Ryan glares daggers at Sky as Anthony walks in from outside. "Do you have an issue with that?" Ryan raises his brow in disbelief. Zachary watches the whole scenery from the kitchen door.

"Where have you been?" Jaxon asks. Anthony rolls his eyes as his brothers were obviously up in his business once again.

"Just in the city, relax. She didn't try anything funny. I just wanted some company." He walks past them to his room. The next thing Sky feels his Ryan's hand pulling down her shirt from her neck to check for bite marks, making her squirm at his roughness. Carter tries to reassure him that Anthony has clearly not tried to take advantage of her and Ryan knows that. He now knows there are no bite marks on her body. He forcefully grabs her by her arm and drags her upstairs past his brothers.

Sky looks at them for help but they know now that he's claimed her they can hardly do anything. She is helplessly at his mercy. Slamming the door shut behind them, he pushes her away making her stumble over the carpet. But before she could fall down he grabs her by her wrist and pulls her body close to his.

"What have you two been doing hm?"

"Nothing. We were just outside!" Her innocent act makes him furious. She can see the fury in his eyes as they pierced through her skin. What has come next has caught her off guard though. She's expected a lot of things but not a sharp slap on her cheek. Not caring the slightest about her tears and the stinging sensation she must feel, he harshly grabs her jaw.

"And who the fuck allowed you to go?! You didn't think about informing me first?" Before she could respond he slams her down on the floor, scaring her even more. She looks at the monster in front of him. She hasn't seen him in this kind of state for a while but this time it's different. She knows only a miracle will get her out of the situation in one piece. But though she is afraid of him, she cannot bring herself to keep her mouth shut.

"You think I'm going to ask you?! Who are you to freaking slap me??" She kicks his ankles thinking he would trip but it was useless. It's like kicking a tree. He doesn't budge. She looks at him in fear as he yanks her by the hair, her skull burning.

"You don't get to fucking talk. You shut up unless I tell you to speak up. Now fucking tell me why I should believe you. We had a fucking deal. You belong to ME! You're mine. So what part of you thinks it's okay to let him drink from you, hm?" Sky tries to stop her tears from running down her cheek. She doesn't dare to make eye contact with him nor does she give him an answer.

"So now you shut up?"he chuckles in disbelief, "You're seriously dense, aren't you?"

"You're so cruel... "

"Answer my fucking question."

"No I'm not dense." He inhales sharply and grips her hair tighter, making her wince in pain.

"Not. That. Question."

"Why are you doing this?!" Sky can barely let the words out. His actions shock her. She is aware of the terrible creature he is, but he keeps on surprising her with many different facets of his horrifying personality.

"I didn't let him drink my blood... We just spend the day together." Her voice sounds shaky, almost as if she's going to pass out.

"So you're saying you didn't let him drink your blood and then let him heal you? I'm just supposed to believe you didn't let him sin you and your blood? Do you think I'm a fool? I saw the way you enjoy the sucking. You're nothing more than a needy blood bag." His words were as sharp as knives. "You fucking disgust me." He says and pushes her on his bed. Once away from his grip, she immediately crawls away in fear trying to cover herself with his blanket.

"Why are you acting like this?? I'm telling you I haven't done anything!" Ryan gets on the bed and rips the blanket off her, grabbing her by the ankle. He pulls her body towards his and decides the only way he can know for sure is by forcing her to tell the truth. But even after using his abilities on her, the answer remains the same.

"Fine. You haven't lied then." He says and walks over to the nightstand to pour himself a glass of whiskey. Sky looks at him in disgust. How dare he abuse her and then act as if nothing's happened? Once he moves the glass up to his face she throws a pillow at him, making him spill the drink.

"YOU CUNT! You think you can hurt me and pretend nothing happened??" Ryan's emotionless face turns to her. "You SLAPPED me! You hurt me and I get that abuse means nothing to you since you're invincible but you could seriously injure me!"

"Watch your language and you won't get into any more trouble."

"Watch- excuse me but watch my language???" Sky starts laughing hysterically. Was he really serious she thought? He never cared about her language. "I'm sorry did you wake up with some kind of Dom Sub fetish, you sick bastard??"

"The fuck did you call me?" He slams the glass on the nightstand and grabs Sky by her throat, pulling her close to him. "Say it again. I dare you." Sky frowns as she struggles to breathe. His hand is hurting her bad but she tries to show as little pain as possible.

"Why are you doing this... You didn't act this way last time we saw each other." Ryan takes a deep breath and rips her shirt down, letting it dangle on her torso. He stares down at her clear neck, caressing it with his thumb. "No!" Sky yells and pushes and punches him with all her power. But before she can cause any more harm to him, he slaps her hard across the face once more. She holds her stinging cheek looking away from him.

"Don't you fucking try this again." Suddenly the door shoots open and Zachary stands in the door frame. He watches Ryan who is squeezing  her upper arms, stopping her from falling to her knees. He can barely see her face from all the hair in her face. But according to her heartbeat he can tell she's in pain.

"The hell you want?"

"Dad is looking for you." Ryan looks down at Sky's shivering body. She's frightened and in shock from the abuse she's just received. Ryan does not feel a single bit of empathy for her. He looks at her in disgust. The way she was squirming in pain and trembling made her look pathetic he thought.

"Tsk. You make me sick. Get out of my face." He says and shoves her to the ground hard. She stays there till he's gone with her head lowered. Zachary watches him leave and then moves his gaze to the weak girl. Inhaling deeply, he walks over to her and crouches down beside her.

"I might be in no place to ask but are you okay?" He reaches out for her shoulder, but before he could touch her, she slaps his hand away.

"I don't need you to fake sympathy... If you want my blood just take it but spare me with your pity." She spits out. Zachary chuckles from the confidence she's scratched together. While Ryan was here she wouldn't say a word but with him gone she suddenly becomes this whole new independent person.

"So, are you offering then?" He says and grabs her wrist, kissing it gently. She looks at him in shock and snatches it away, trying to get up. "Well, I guess not."
Sky ignores his comment and walks over to the mirror to examine her bruised face. Her jaw is throbbing and her skin has turned into a deep red. She wants nothing more than to fall to her knees and cry about this miserable situation. But it wouldn't be a solution.

"Why? Why did he do it? What did he have to hurt me for??" She turns to Zachary who shrugs at her, "I understand he is a possessive sociopath but last night at least he didn't hit me!" She kicks Ryan's drawer, causing his things to fall down. Zachary smiles at her little outburst and steps closer to her, massaging her shoulders gently.

"Relax. It didn't hurt that much, did it?" She frowns at him through the reflection in the mirror. "Oh yeah. You got baby skin, I forgot about that." He smirks and caresses her cheek from behind.

"It's not..." Sky removes his hand from her face and turns around. "It's not about that! He's already got full control over me. So why take it this far?? Why would I be stupid enough to disobey him?"

"Wow look at you. You sound like his puppy." Zachary walks out of Ryan's room with Sky on his back, tripping behind him. "Stop following me." He calls out.

"Please talk to him!"

"Me? Funny of you to assume he'd listen to me." Sky sighs and runs in front of him, stopping him from continuing.

"Oh please. You and him are sick freaks. He'll most definitely listen to you if you just wrap it up good."

"Look at you all motivated after getting a beating like that. One would think you've learned your lesson." Sky looks at him repulsed. She backs off, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"So what, you say I deserve it? You think it should be this way? Before I let that freak lay another hand on me I'd rather push myself down the stairs but hey! Good to know youre just as messed up then." Suddenly Zachary pushes her up against the wall with her arms pinned next to her head. Too stunned to speak she remains silent, hoping that nobody will see them. Especially not Ryan. Zachary's eyes are focused on her lips and then back at her eyes.

"I'm saying... you chose to be his, remember? If you were mine maybe you'd get treated better." His words send shivers of fear and disgust down her spine.

"Sure, I can see that. You're probably worse than Ryan. Unlike you, he doesn't pretend to be a good dude. At least he owns up to being a piece of crap! But you? I can already see you manipulating the hell out of me."

"Oh you're so wrong about that..." He steps closer till their bodies are pressed against each other, giving her no space to move, "I'd make sure you enjoy every single bit of pain I give you. You'd love every second, you'd crave every bite."

"You sound delusional."

"Yeah? Wanna bet on that?" Sky stays quiet. They hold eye contact for a while before he slowly lets her go and moves a few steps away from her.

"Face it. You won't get out of it unless you commit to somebody who dares to stand up to Ryan. But until then? It will only get worse for you." The rest of the day Sky spends in her old room, reading books. Whenever an act of violence is mentioned she switches books, thus she does not want to be remembered of todays occurrence. She knows better than to fall asleep here with Ryan forbidding her. So she makes her way to his bedroom after taking a shower in the bathroom where she got burned once again. Unluckily, Ryan's already there lying in his bed. As she closes the door he watches her closely, looking her up and down.

"Come into bed." He demands and continues to read his book. Sky's eyes are glued to the floor. Not a single time has she looked up to him yet. "Are you deaf? Lay the fuck down." Without disobeying and worsening the situation, she walks over to the bed and lies down as far away from him as possible. Obviously, Ryan will not have that. He takes off his glasses and puts his book away before wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her close to him.

She instantly panics and tries to remove his arm from him but no matter how much she tries, he won't budge. "Stop moving." His voice was deep and raspy in her neck, making her shiver. But that didn't stop her from trying to move away. "Quit that."

"Let me go. I don't want you touching me." He furrows his eyebrows and flips her on her back, getting on top of her. He grabs her tightly by her throat till he can hear her wincing and begging for air.

"You don't want me touching you? I didn't know I was supposed to care about the fuck you want." He watches the tears that roll down her bruised cheeks. There is nothing left but hurt in her eyes. Deciding to let her breathe again, he loosens the grip around her neck a little. She starts gasping for air like a fish, trying to get words out.

"What has gotten into you... You wanted my blood and it's yours. Why hurting me more than that?"

"Shut up."

"Why don't you answer??" Ryan lifts her up by her throat and smashes her head back into the pillows, leaving her speechless. After feeling the pain, she knew if those hadn't been pillows but the floor or a wall she'd have an open skull now from all the force he used.

"You want to know my mistake? Caring about your pleasure. You got me fucked up in my head." Truth is, for days he's been having strange dreams about his past. About the girl he ones knew, about the time he was somebody else, somebody he does not wish to become again. "If you try to change me again I'll kill you." Sky can't believe how childish he sounds. Like an arrogant toddler who does not wish to improve himself to become a better person. But then again, he isn't a person. He is a monster. A cruel monster.

He lets go of her throat and allows her to turn back around. As he falls asleep with his arm around her waist, she sobs for hours till her eyelids feel too heavy to stay open.

Ryan has already gotten up but Sky doesn't wish to know where he is. She walks to Anthony's room and knocks at his door, hearing him say to come in.
He sits at his desk and works on something on his computer which interests her so she comes closer.

"What's it about?" She asks while looking at the long essay.

"It's for school." Sky chuckles at the response.

"You guys go to school?" Anthony raises his brow at her wondering if she's being serious.

"Not the type of school you think. A friend of the family helps us to learn whatever we want. We don't need a degree or anything but it's still nice to be educated about things." Sky nods in agreement. But before she could read what he's written, he turns his seat towards her. "So what did you want to talk about? Sure you didn't come in here to ask about my essay." Anthony stops himself as he now has a better view on her face and comes a little closer. "What did he hit you for? Did he think you would assert more dominance than him or what?"

"I don't want to talk about that. I came here because I can't remember what happened yesterday... no matter how much I try, it's all just a big blur. Maybe it's because of the hits but it's all kinda gone..."

"You can't remember us talking about your questions?"

"I remember leaving with you, going to the city but then... nothing. Next thing I know we're back here." Anthony rubs his chin in confusion.

"That's rather strange. If you want we can talk again? But not here. I don't need these lunatics to be all up in my business." Sky nods and follows Anthony to the garden where they sit down on a bench. He notices the tension Sky embraces and asks what's on her mind.

"What if Ryan sees us? What if he's going to attack me again??"

"Don't worry. He might be insane but as long you're close-by enough for him to check on you he wont think he has a reason to torment you more."

"So me trying to have a little bit of freedom is a reason to almost kill me? Great..." Sky wraps her arms around her knees and watches a butterfly landing on a flower right in front of them.

"So how did you guys end up being the way you are?"

"Well as far as I know, my parents wished for nothing more than to have children. At least my mother. I'm not sure if my father wanted children or just a little elite team of vampires."

"Why would he want that?" Anthony turns to her with a slight smile.

"Isn't it obvious? It's beneficial. Power. It's all about power." Sky understands his point. Having seven sons with incredible amount of strength and speed is truly something that makes you powerful. "You might not remember, but you asked me how we became vampires. Well I'm sure my father has told you that we were a witch's creation. But not all of us were born as vampires. You might have already noticed that not all of us share the same eye color.

"I have. Kaiden, Jaxon and Ryan have purple eyes while yours are silver. So that means... one half was born and the other half was..."

"The other half was turned. Ryan for example. He was the first human my mother had. But unlike Kaiden and Jaxon, he was turned last."

"How come?"

"My mother wished for humans and my father wished for vampires. So they have decided to split it in half. The eldest is a vampire, Ryan was the first human, then the twins Carter and Zachary as vampires, and last but not least the second pair of twins but as humans." Though he explains everything really well, more and more questions come up for Sky to ask.

"But then why turn them into vampires if your parents had a deal?"

"My father wanted a prodigy. He knew it was going to be one of the human children once it turned out that we others were not meant for that role. So he offered her another deal. She was free to choose which child she keeps as her human boy while the other two had to face the same faith as us." Sky asks who his mother chose, to which he raised a brow at her hoping she'd be smart enough to figure it out."

"Why do you think Ryan is the only one who seems to hate our father's guts?" Sky shrugs at his question, "If my mother has made the right choice obviously not all of us would be vampires now. She chose Ryan. He was promised a human life. Kaiden and Jaxon got turned when they were 5 years old which helped them to adjust quick. But Ryan was turned when he was 17."

"So?" Anthony chuckles at Sky's curiosity.

"It means he has the least control. But in the end, dad didn't care. He wanted power. He knew Ryan was going to be powerful as a vampire so he didn't care for the consequences besides the witch's warnings."

"That's awful... He was living as a human for so long just to find out that he now has to remain an eternity on earth?"

"If you think he was upset about the news you should have seen what it did to my mother. It shattered her into pieces." Anthony inhales deeply. The memory of his mother brings up things he'd wished to forget. Sky can see the conflict in his expression and places her hand on his shoulder, reassuring him.

"If this is hard for you, you don't have to continue..." He smiles at her and taps her palm gently.

"It's okay. It feels good talking about this. Well anyways. Since Ryan continued to age as a human, we decided it would only be fair to age with him, so we did. As vampires we have the choice to age but once you've aged there is no going back. We agreed to stay in our prime for eternity. Do you have any more questions?"

"I am somewhat still processing the age thing, not gonna lie- But yeah. What makes Ryan his prodigy?"

"Nobody really knows. Apparently the witch was able to give my father a clearer vision of the future. And whatever he it was he saw, he was shown it determined that Ryan was going to be the one to step into his foot steps. Nobody ever understood his obsession with having a prodigy... It's outdated and ridiculous."

"And how did Ryan feel about this?"

"He fought his destiny with every fiber of his body. He still does. But only does he realize he's looking more and more like dad every day." Anthony shrugs and starts playing with Sky's fingers, picking at her nails.

"What's with the colorful hair colors though?"

"Yeah I knew you were gonna ask. That was also my parents' idea. It was their way of giving us our identities. At the same time is it a representation of our powers. At least that's how my mother explained it but maybe it was just a bed time story. She said Damien's orange hair represents his power to go through life without feeling any pain. He can also cause us pain and is able to block our powers, which gives him the perfect role of the goody good shoes who keeps everyone in check. Carter's vision, hearing and his speed are far better than ours and I guess they wanted to show it by giving him blue hair. Minty head, you might know him as Zachary, has the ability to change your perception. He can turn your vision into your worst nightmare. Almost like mind control but the only things he can control are your vision and hearing. I'm sure you've experienced it before." Sky nods at his assumption and continues to listen to him.

"Apparently, Kaiden (yellow hair) is capable of healing people without sinning their blood. Which is ironic if you ask me. A dark creature with a gift of an angel?" Sky gives Anthony a slight smile as he looks at her. "Jaxon well... lets say his green hair fits his personality just well. He can numb your senses. It's almost like he's poisoning you. He can make your limbs go numb, make you go blind, deaf, and so on. Of course its reversible but I'm positive you don't want to experience it."

Sky is glad he's telling her about their abilities. This way she knows who to be especially cautious of. All of them have an individual advantage . That might make them powerful together but once one piece is out of line, the group is incomplete and more vulnerable.

"So... what is your ability then Mr. Purple?" Anthony's face turns away from her. His expression has changed quickly as she mentions him.

" 'Once you end somebody's life you earn your rightful place in the family.' That's what my father used to say. 'Sin and become a sinner. Be a sinner to become a sin.' I've always thought it sounded utterly stupid..." Sky's face goes pale. Realizing the only way for them to achieve this kind of power is by killing somebody would mean that Damien has also ended somebody's life. She inhales deeply and leans back, the thought of it making her feel nauseous. So the nicest one of them isn't any better than the rest, she thinks.

"So this means... you're the only one who hasn't killed a human, yet?" Anthony stands up and dusts off his clothes. He looks down at Sky and reaches out his hand for her to take.

"Not planning on doing so any time soon." Her gaze is on his hand. Grateful by the kind gesture, she takes it and gets up from the bench. Together the continue to walk through the big garden. "Well, last but not least we have Ryan. You're already aware that he is capable of manipulation. In my father's eyes it makes him the perfect son. Why would you need any of the other powers if you can just manipulate yourself a whole army? That and he is ridiculously strong. But since Damien being the eldest makes him the strongest there's always been a... let's say tension between them. A type of rivalry.
You know how boys are." He smiles widely at her, making her chuckle.

"You should also know, once one of us uses their powers our eyes turn pitch black. This way you can know if you're being attacked. I don't know if its much of a help but I'm sure you'd like to know."

"Yeah very... calming."

"Tsk." Ryan leans against the balcony parapet as he watches Anthony and Sky walk through the garden.

RYAN's P.O.V.

Disgusting. The way she walks around like a spoiled brat. No worries, no fear clouding her mind, no stress. What a terrible view. The way she laughs, looks around, smells at the flowers. Maybe she hasn't received enough punishment yet. I thought I had finally done it. I thought I broke her will, but no. I made her more resilient to pain. She's gotten too used to the good behavior I put on and she's not the only one.

These nightmares about the past have been afflicting me ever since she had gotten the better of me. I look down at the scar that will now remain on my hand. It should have healed by now but instead it's going to remind me of the fact that this pathetic human... thing was capable of hurting me and I still haven't figured out how this is possible. At least I know that the last word has not been spoken yet.

~

Ryan got 🤏 d energy ngl
Y'all still like him? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 250 21
Published: 10-April-2020 Prologue: "He was an old man, probably died on his own. Did the letter say that he was killed?" I was asked. When I heard wh...
13.8K 1.3K 52
Skylar didn't know what was happening when Claire suddenly showed up at her doorstep. Her best friend begged her to help save her dad. Though hesitan...
48.3K 2.6K 32
~COMPLETED~ "How do I know I can trust you?" I looked straight into his eyes, my hand inching towards the knife in my back pocket. He moved closer t...
Silver / | By Black cat

Mystery / Thriller

289 72 36
They're both trying to find their way through life, and both trying to let go of their pasts and become their own people. But, of course, they face c...