Darkness, Darkness

Elysian_2023

(Obi-Wan Kenobi x OC) Darkness darkness Hide my yearning For the things that cannot be Keep my mind from cons... Еще

˜"*°•.˜"*°• Cast •°*"˜.•°*"˜
ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟙: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡
ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚 : 𝔸𝕥𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙

20 1 0
Elysian_2023

Chapter 11 - Caring Under The Surface

"Darkness darkness"

~*~

    The elevator ride was quiet for the majority of the journey. Aurelia stood between the two men, her hands clasped behind her with a brilliant grin upon her face. However contrary to her blissful mood, Anakin beside her was constantly adjusting his cloak around himself. It didn't take a scientist to notice his nervousness.

    "You seem a little on edge." Obi-Wan mentioned to Anakin, catching his attention. He glanced at his master once, then returned to staring at the elevator buttons on the wall.

    "Not at all." Anakin hid, although Aurelia knew all too well what he was nervous about.

    However, Obi-Wan pestered the thought. "I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of gundarks."

    Aurelia smiled in amusement, only following the conversation loosely. She hadn't been with them on that mission. That had happened, apparently before they had even met. However, she had studied that terrifying species while she was learning about the different planet systems throughout the vastness of the galaxy. Gundarks come from the planet of Vanqor and are devilish-looking creatures with horns, claws, a ruddy hide, and long, sharp ears. Their hearing is incredible, which makes them especially dangerous. Listening to their story of how they even escaped that predicament was amazing in and of itself.

    Anakin scoffed at his Master's selective recollection, looking down upon him by an inch of height difference. "You fell into that nightmare, Master and I rescued you, remember?" Aurelia looked between the two, trying to hold an escaping laugh.

    "Oh...yes," Obi-Wan admitted, but that was enough to put Aurelia over the edge and burst into laughter. The men chuckled with her and calmed down as the elevator neared its desired destination.

    Aurelia turned to Anakin and wiped a drop of sweat from his brow with her sleeve. "You're sweating, Ani. Relax. Take a deep breath." She told him in a calm voice and with soothing eyes.

    Anakin glanced at her and gave her a small smile out of the corner of his lips. He sighed and retained her eye contact. "I haven't seen her in ten years, Ari."

    Aurelia giggled and pushed herself onto her tiptoes to pat his head. "You'll do great, Ani. She'll be glad to see you. I know she will." She beamed.

    Anakin sighed in relief and kept his head straight as the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. Immediately, a high-pitched voice erupted with euphoria. "Obi? Obi!" An amphibious-looking creature dressed in luxurious clothing exclaimed, grasping Obi-Wan's hand and shaking it enthusiastically. "Mesa so smilen to see yousa!" He continued, using rough English.

    "Good to see you again, Jar Jar." Obi-Wan greeted politely, slightly annoyed at the over-excited creature. But then he turned to Aurelia and introduced her to the old acquaintance. "Jar Jar, this is my new padawan. Well, she's been my padawan for quite some time now, but new to you. This is Princess Aurelia."

    "Princess! Oh! Pleased to meet yousa, Princess." Jar Jar bowed low, putting an unwanted spotlight on Aurelia. Becoming hot in her cheeks, she helped Jar Jar up with an embarrassed smile on her face.

    "There's no need to bow to me, Jar Jar. I'm technically no longer a Princess. My Master was merely exaggerating." She patted his shoulder.

    Obi-Wan's heart fell at that, knowing she still suffered from the massive loss of her home and people whom she loved dearly. In his heart, he wanted so desperately to say, "You will always be my princess." But that was incredibly inappropriate and it wasn't in his character to say such a thing. However, he also noted that before she had entered his life, he had never thought of saying anything like that to anyone. The thought hadn't even crossed his mind before. Yet, he still so longed to caress her cheek once more and tell her how much his heart yearned for her. Especially after being apart for so long, granted it was only a week. Nevertheless, he stood silently, his eyes the only portals to his soul.

    Confused yet content with Aurelia's request, Jar Jar turned toward the living room of the penthouse and called out for the Senator as they followed loosely behind. "Senator Padmé." Padmé, who stood on the balcony with Captain Typho and a servant girl, turned and grinned. "Mesa palos here! Lookie, lookie, Senator. Desa Jedi arriven."

    Padmé walked into the common room with Captain Typho to greet her guests. The room was luxurious and modern, much different than what Aurelia had been used to on Earth in regards to an apartment or condo. But it was especially different from Padmé's quaint estate on Naboo. While Naboo used more of a classical architectural style, more like Ancient Rome, this penthouse had more of a futuristic twist, yet roomy and comfortable. This was something Aurelia noted, taking in the differences between planets.

    Obi-Wan bowed respectfully, followed by a friendly handshake. "It's a great pleasure to see you again, milady." He smiled softly.

    "It's been far too long, Master Kenobi." She said quietly, yet content and safe with him now within her presence. She turned to the red-headed Jedi next, her grin only growing wider at the sight of her. Aurelia beamed and embraced her tightly. "I'm so happy to see you again, Princess. I'm glad that this morning wasn't the last time we got to see each other."

    "Me too." Aurelia sighed then released her, moving slightly toward Obi-Wan's side to allow the focus to turn to Anakin.

    Padmé looked passed Aurelia and caught sight of the boy she had remembered from all those years ago. He was now a grown man and quite handsome with a youthful face. He was no longer a child, but a Jedi in-training who had seen a lot since their paths had crossed last. But though he had aged significantly, his face was visibly nervous and timid. "Ani?" She asked shocked. "My goodness, you've grown."

    Anakin stepped forward while fiddling his thumbs, gazing deeply into her brown eyes. "So have you. Grown more beautiful, I mean." He paused for a minute, rethinking his response. Aurelia began to snicker, but Obi-Wan nudged her with his elbow and swiftly his weight to try to defuse the embarrassment from his padawan. "Well, f-for a senator, I mean." Anakin tried to correct, but that also came out wrong.

    Padmé chuckled, thinking of his flustered persona as cute. "Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine." She smiled sweetly at him before turning toward the couches to sit.

    Obi-Wan led the small group of Jedi behind Padmé to take a seat on the opposite couch. "Our presence here will be invisible, milady, I can assure you." He said, offering his hand to Aurelia as she sat beside him, between the two men. Aurelia shook her head at the hand and sat herself down. Though she still retains the title of princess, she didn't believe she needed to be treated like royalty anymore. What was the point? She had enough as it was with the Jedi, why should she want more respect? She didn't want it, and that's what she presented.

    Padmé, Jar Jar, and their assistant all sat facing the three Jedi, but one remained standing. "I'm Captain Typho of Her Majesty's security service." The captain introduced himself. "Queen Jamillia has been informed of your assignment. I am grateful you are here, Master Kenobi, Princess." He nodded to both of them. "The situation is more dangerous than the senator will admit." He looked toward Padmé with a warning glance.

    "So I've seen." Obi-Wan tipped in, looking at Aurelia with a side glance. Aurelia smiled shyly and rubbed the back of her head.

    "I don't need more security. I need answers." Padmé interjected. "I want to know who's trying to kill me." Though it was a slight movement, Aurelia noticed Padmé's gaze move from Obi-Wan to Anakin, then land on her for a few moments more than the others. She quickly caught on, noting that Padmé most likely had something to tell her privately.

    However, Obi-Wan's deep authoritative voice broke Aurelia out of her thoughts. "We are here to protect you, Senator, not to start an investigation." But that irritated not only Padmé but also the two padawans.

    "We will find out who's trying to kill you, Padmé. I promise you." Anakin spoke before Aurelia could do anything. She turned to him and smiled, nodding back to Padmé in approval. Obi-Wan hadn't been so happy about that, however.

    "We will not exceed our mandate, my young padawan learner." He directed to Anakin; although Aurelia had given him a shocked expression, he had not noticed.

    "I meant that in the interest of protecting her, Master, of course." Anakin defended, making quick glances between Aurelia and Obi-Wan, thankful that he had at least one person on his side.

    "We will not go through this exercise again, Anakin, and you will pay attention to my lead," Obi-Wan instructed him sternly, turning back to the senator with a rough sigh. Aurelia sat back and crossed her arms over her chest with a look of distaste upon her features.

    "Why?" Anakin challenged, earning a warning glance from his partner, but he ignored her and decided to peruse the argument.

    "What?" Obi-Wan asked, shocked at Anakin's childish reaction, the atmosphere becoming dense with anticipation, stress, and unease.

    "Why else do you think we were assigned to her if not to find the killer?" Anakin explained his point. "Protection is a job for local security, not Jedi. It's overkill, Master. Investigation is implied in our mandate."

    Aurelia felt it was time for her to intercede in this conversation. She sat forward and looked Obi-Wan in the eye. "I'm afraid I have to side with Anakin on this one, Master." Obi-Wan's eyes clicked to hers in widened shock, not expecting her to be so outspoken on a matter as rash as this. "We may have been assigned to protect Padmé for the time being, but we might as well keep our eyes open for any clues. Lord knows that if we let our minds be open enough, we'll stumble upon something that might lead us to the culprit. Plus, if the killer is so determined to kill her, we are bound to meet him face to face. Just think about what good it can do once the assassin is captured and put away." She tried to reason, using her bright emerald eyes as a source of persuasion.

    Unfortunately, her tactic did not work on the older, more experienced Jedi. "We will do exactly as the council has instructed." He told her flatly, his blue eyes resembling a hint of hurt but authority nonetheless. "And you will learn your place, young ones." He said with his head turned the other way, not wanting to look at either of his padawans. He knew they were right, but he couldn't betray and go back on his word with what he had agreed to do for the Council.

    The room went silent for a few moments, everyone trying to regain their footing on the conversation at hand. Padmé was the first to grab the end of the rope. "Perhaps with merely your presence the mystery surrounding this threat will be revealed." With that, she stood up with Jar Jar and her servant, bowing slightly to her guests. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I will retire."

    As Padmé left the common living room with her servant by her side, the three Jedi rose to their feet and turned to Captain Typho for any other important information. "I know I'll feel better having you here. I'll have an officer stationed on every floor, and I'll be in the control center downstairs." He explained, mostly toward Obi-Wan as they walked side by side, leaving Anakin, Aurelia, and Jar Jar to talk behind.

    "Mesa busten wit happiness seein yousa again, Ani." Jar Jar said, smiling toward his old friend. But Anakin only gazed past him toward Padmé as she neared a door, perhaps leading to her bedroom.

    "She hardly even recognized me, Jar Jar," Anakin said, solemnly. "I've thought about her every day since we parted, and...she's forgotten me completely."

    Aurelia looked at him with a pained expression, her heart throbbing for him. "Oh, Ani, don't think that. She was pleased to see you and has never forgotten about you. I could see it by the look in her eye." She told him, pointing to her eye with her finger.

    Just then, Padmé's voice called after her. "Aurelia! I need to talk to you for a moment." She waved to her with a nervous expression painting her face. Aurelia nodded to her and patted Anakin's shoulder with a kind smile before running over to Padmé. She led Aurelia into the bedroom and offered her a comfortable chair in the corridor. Once Aurelia was seated, she began to spill what she had been waiting so patiently to inform her new friend about. "There's something that concerns you within this whole assassination attempt." She started.

    A bit shocked and surprised by the abrupt start to a conversation, Aurelia adjusted herself to lean forward intently. "What do you mean?"

    "Chancellor Palpatine informed me of how you came to live here on Coruscant. You weren't just any princess. You're the princess who had been kidnapped by Count Dooku from the planet Earth and saved by two Jedi. And those two Jedi just happen to be the two you are closest to; Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker." She relayed to her.

    Confused, Aurelia furrowed her brows and leaned back. "What does my backstory have to do with your assassination attempt? That was a long while ago, and since I've been rescued, no one has come after me to take me back. I've been safe for nearly eight months now."

    Padmé nodded understandingly. "I know, but I have reason to believe that Count Dooku was behind my assassination attempt. If he knew you were my escort back here to Coruscant and knew what vote I was vital to be present in, he wanted to kill two birds with one stone by exploding the ship to murder the both of us. It'd take us both out."

    Aurelia pondered the possibility for a moment longer, trying to find the sense in this whole mess. "That could be a motive, but I'm worth more to him alive than dead. He wanted my power within the Force. Unless, of course, he could take my power once I was dead." Aurelia shook her head at the adolescent thought. "No, that can't be it. The Force isn't a physical source of power like a generator. It's a Force of nature and life and balance. He would need me alive if his motive was to capture me again." Then she looked toward Padmé determinedly. "But you're certain it was Count Dooku?"

    Padmé nodded. "Yes, I have a firm belief in that possibility."

    Aurelia nodded and stood from her chair in thought. "Alright. Thank you for telling me. I'll notify Master Obi-Wan of this development."

    Padmé's face was still worried but she nodded firmly and followed her to the door. Quietly, Aurelia exited the bedroom and made her way to Obi-Wan's side, urging him to talk privately on the balcony. He nodded to her and waved goodbye to Jar Jar as he continued to talk to Anakin by the couches. The sliding glass door rose automatically for them to enter the balcony that sat over the Coruscant skyline, allowing them to find a comfortable spot by the edge. Speeders and other ships zoomed by on the highways that crossed the sky in various layers. Though it seemed to make a lot of noise from afar, the sound barely reached the quiet platform. But all the hustle and bustle of the capital city did nothing to distract Aurelia's intended conversation.

    "Padmé just informed me of a thought she had about the assassination attempt on her life-" But Obi-Wan cut her off there.

    "Aurelia, as I told you and Anakin before, we are only here for protection, that's it." He said sternly, crossing his arms over his robed chest.

    She shook her head at him, quickly becoming impatient. "Master, I understand what you said in there, but this has become something entirely different. She believes that Count Dooku could be connected with the bombing. She had a thought, that he was perhaps trying to target both her and myself."

    At that, Obi-Wan's strict expression faltered. Now, this had become an entirely different situation with Aurelia involved and Count Dooku probably targeting her, trying to get her back after all this time. He couldn't let that happen to her. Not Aurelia. "Are you sure?" He asked, his voice just above a whisper. "That's a massive leap-"

    "Obi-Wan, you must listen." She pleaded with him. "I will lay down my life to protect Padmé, but we must also keep in mind that Count Dooku might be planning his rebuttal after you rescued me. He might have a bigger plan as well."

    "Yes, but we must follow what the Council has sent us to do." He reminded her, though he now despised what he had to follow.

    Aurelia dropped her head. "I know. I'm just saying we must keep our eyes open."

    Obi-Wan sighed and weaved his hand to her chin, gently lifting it to look her in her sparkling emerald eyes. "And we will. Don't worry, Aurelia. We'll keep Senator Amidala safe together, but I'll keep you safe from Count Dooku if the time comes to it. I promise you." He said sweetly to her, only softly breaking his walls for a moment for her.

    Aurelia smiled kindly. "Thank you, Obi-Wan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Yay! Chapters 10 and 11 are both out and we have a dilemma! Is this assassination attempt on Padmé merely for the sake of the Separatists or is Aurelia tied into this evil and twisted plot? We got a few moments of Anakin and Aurelia's friendship and the tug and pull of Obi-Wan and Aurelia's feelings for each other. But despite some disagreements, they both still care deeply for each other though they cannot fully express how they feel for each other quite yet. But some reason, I feel that Anakin is going to become a bit suspicious of the two of them. Lol.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think in the comments and be sure to vote. Can't wait to continue this story with you guys. I love you all and God bless! ❤️

~ 6/30/22

- 3153 Words

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

937 21 8
What would you do to keep the one person you love more than anything from falling to the Dark Side? Even if it meant falling yourself? Everyone belie...
11.3K 859 22
(Anakin X Reader) (AU) When the Queen of a kingdom under threat runs out of options, she is forced to commit to a betrothal to a man she can't stand...
46.7K 1.7K 67
An episodic, Clone Wars-style story; Obi-Wan Kenobi has an interesting mission ahead of him. A Gray Jedi has deserted his order and is looking to rep...
804 62 8
_____┆➥ dixstark a fanfiction 𝓐𝓢 ☄️ anakin skywalker ✘ female oc two thousand and twenty four ⊰᯽⊱┈───╌✧╌───┈⊰᯽⊱ ...