Child's Warmth (Uglydolls Lou...

By SnowlightHeart

"Holy doll, I screwed up..." More

"Not A Perfect Start"
"They've Gone Too Far"
"A Well-Planned Escape"
"A Big World Adventure/Disaster?"
"What A 'Darling' Child"
"School Had Just Begun"
"Muses and Chases"
"Longing Perspective"
"Perfection Drama"
"Collapsing Memories"
"Real Amends"
"Couldn't Be Better Than This"
"Huge Unexpected Turn"
"Learning and Worth"
"Doll Caught"
"Secret"
"The Search"

"A Little Helping Hand"

112 3 0
By SnowlightHeart

Lou found himself in Cynthia's embrace by woking up with her eyes on the laptop searching for something. "Morning, gorgeous~" Iris sneered from the edge of the bed. Lou glanced from above and saw his kid wearing earphones before he asked, "What time is it? Why isn't she in school yet?"

"Her school just finish and she has a spelling quiz. They started helding it once a week. You're basically stuff out the entire day..."

"I must've been that worn out last night..." he groan out, failed to hold his yawn.

"What even happened to you?" The soccer mini doll asked weirdly. "Getting creative last night. I finished preparing for about 5:48 in the morning..." he simply explained as he watch Cynthia's focus on the movies and when she hears a difficult word, she searched it up. She basically has a full list of it, but she always can't seem to get it right during quizzes.

As she scroll down at her YouTube, she got a notification from the internet. Being a curious girl she is, decided to open the website and saw a few online news that got her interested and forgot about her spelling quiz. "New Movies on the line this 20**; The Return of the Winter Spirit by Dreamworks. Fantasy Lord in the Human World by ***************..." she continue to read as the blonde doll hold his giggle when Cynthia's finger was caressing his stomach, finally waking him up successfully.

She then slowly frown when she saw a cover with her doll in it. She never knew why perfection and ugly dolls suddenly became a trendy toy at the first place. To which it was a new movie that was just released less than a month ago. At first, they published it slowly starting with perfection dolls. Then out of nowhere, a bunch of ugly dolls soon follow with the others. Maybe this movie can tell her something.

Of course, Lou became terrified when he saw those who ruined his life and sinked himself from his kid's arms, thinking that they would jump out of the screen.

As Cynthia was about to read the summary of the movie, her phone rang, making her shut her laptop in the process, a little frighten before her pupils shrunk on who's on the phone. It was Willa CALLING her... and she accidentally answered and requested for a video call.

"Hey, bestie!" She started and all the black pearl could do is gave a nervous smile from the camera. "Heeey, Willa. Why did you call?" She asked as she put Lou on screen with her. "You're never gonna believe what my parents got me. Mommy gave me a rare perfection doll, but dad got me a pet!" She exclaimed as she grab a hamster.

"Her name is Bella and she's a rare breed, cost by $ 15,000. Isn't she just a star?! Just check how cute she is! What about you? Got any pets to share?!" She added with a small proud smirk, causing Cynthia to sweat a little until the toy door opened.

Iris turn her head from the door and gasped before signing the toys to hide. "Whiskers! There you are~" Lou heard Cynthia with a fake happy tone as she grabbed the kitten from the floor and showed it to Willa from her phone, startling Lou before covering his nose, but he made sure that the camera wasn't noticing him.

"This is Whiskers and he is a calico cat. I heard that these breeds are super rare, but they are just $5,500 dollars and u-umm uhh... considered as a good luck charm all around the world! And he is my baby~" She explained slightly awkward.

"Nice one~ But I'm not finished yet. Not to brag, but... my dad named a hotel after me~ Isn't he just the sweetest?" Not only Lou was covering his nose, but also his other ear from the squeal. And Willa doesn't seem to recognize him during the video call.

"Well... I have something incredible too, you know!" Cynthia stated a little louder and annoyed, but it was still soft like usual mixing with her fancy British accent before she finally put the kitten down and let him roam around. Lou failed to hold back one or two, but he tried to stifle them from his handkerchief and Cynthia didn't notice, much to his relief before Riam tossed a pill from the air and landed on his lap.

Lou cracked the tablet into half before taking the right amount he needed and watch his kid roamed around her roam while munching on the lemon flavored allergy pill like some type of candy. He never knew his allergies are that bad over a close contact. He watched her pace back and forth like an innocent doll eating candy.

"Oh really~ Show me" Willa demanded with her best nice act because Cynthia definitely fell for it. "Of course and it's quite elegant and simply original. Just give me a sec..." He heard his kid mention before she muted her phone and looked for something unique from her closet, frantically for getting herself in trouble if she can't present something.

"Oh no, Lou... What have I done? I just wish a gold doll shoes would appear to make it easier for me..." she whined before leaving her room to search for something with Whiskers following behind her. Me and Violet from the phone watched her leave before hearing her sweet tone became demonic.

"Pfft—I made her speechless. She's technically lying big sister, Brietta. I mean, the way she stutter is already obvious..."

"Even so, you can't beat a 'Darling', Will. None of the family did unless you are Cynthia's uncle. So stop trying and just be a good friend..."

"Brietta, sister, don't worry. This time, I finally got her. I mean, she didn't even know that she took in the doll I threw away from the trash. I mean, sure the doll looks cute and hot, but it's still belong from the garbage bag..."

"So she does recognize me..." Lou grew annoyed at her sentence before throwing his quarter medicine from his spot as he jumped out of the bed and pull out a pair of worned out doll shoes that seems to be bigger than his kid's foot. "Lou, what are you doing?!" Fiona half-whispered from her hiding spot.

"What else? Granting my poor dear kid's wish and get creative~" he stated before grabbing his satchel and opened up her rhinestone wardrobe. He is about to prove Willa's words are not true. He is going to help his kid realize that it's just her opinion. He failed letting the others understand his advices. Now it's time to change the method. He belongs to his dear's arms, not in the garbage...

He opened Cynthia's laptop and type a song, "But of course, who wouldn't get creative without any music?" He added as Iris glanced at the screen next to him. "Isn't this a little you know... girlish? Like Lumine does from her favorite character?" She mention weirdly, hearing a 'how dare you' from the mini doll who's into fashion. "Either that, but it's from her saved videos. Let it be..." I reminded before it played and... I kinda liked it.

(I know it's a childish song, but relatable. Vibe with me! <3 —Author)

I started off by covering it with with another colors and presume straight to white. Diamonds are pretty rare, don't ya think? Let's say that Lou got an idea from Dylan's gift to Cynthia. Both pairs should be exactly the same.

Always first place, never second best
Only high stakes, we aim to impress
And there's no room for mistakes
Yeah, we're flawless everyday,

He made a few measuring and strapping from the sidelines while he sprays the sides carefully.

Cause, we're all about perfection
Projecting that pure reflection
Exceeding your expectations

He tossed his scissors above as his other hand got it and crafted some stones into half to fit his details as the others watch him do his magic tricks.

(Yeah)

Be the true, true, true original
Dare to be what you are meant to be
Working hard, that's our thing
All this way, we're perfect, perfectly true

He took a quick sigh and wiped his sweat, but he continued making it for the pass hours. Anastasia sneak from Cynthia's phone and hacked into time-lapse to make it look like that Willa is only waiting for a few seconds when it's actually longer than that.

True, true original
True, true original
True, true original
We're perfect, perfectly true

He then grabbed the threads he needed from his satchel and stitch the holes with another identical material. Some toys keep Cynthia busy to give him some time.

Oh-oh, true original
Oh, oh, hey, hey
(We're perfect, perfectly true)

True original
Oh, oh
Oh, oh

He listens to the next lyrics carefully and smile a bit. He loves his kid a lot. She knows her worth, but she forgot about it.

But it's not about perfection
Settle things your own direction
Shake off the expectations

Lou did a few sewing from the edges and sew all the rhinestone to prevent them from falling off as while holding a pin from his mouth.

You're the true, true, true original
Dare to be who you are meant to be
Free yourself, do your thing
All your way, you're perfect, perfectly you

He picked up the pace and smoothly sewed them all and made sure that it won't come off easily. Double time at the other pair. Almost there...

True, true original
True, true original
True, true original

You're perfect, you're perfectly you!

He finished the last stitch before smirking at his creation. And Nolan arrived just in time to see and experience it himself. "Woah... Bro is so cool~" he silently squealed like fanboy. Lou just blow the dust from his glitter spray and added his calligraphy signature under the shoes as another sign for Cynthia as proof that her wish has been granted. Riam opened the window just to make sure it's not too much of a coincidence before they all went stuff when Cynthia came back and unmuted the video call from her window desk.

"So? Anything new?"

"Sorry I took so long. I-I kinda lost it. Don't worry, I can c-call you again if I find it..." she said, biting her lip.

"But isn't that unfair? I showed you mine immediately, but I have to wait for yours? If you end this call, it means you lied to me and made it all up..." Willa dramatically look upset, trying to guilt trip the girl. Lou glared from the bed and decided to help out his kid after finishing his tablet.

"No, that's not true! I-" Cynthia halted from her words and looked to her doll for help, shocking her after when she saw an item next to him.

She rushed towards it and instead of looking at her doll, she turned to her opened-window. "I-It actually worked... My wish actually came true... It might not be good, but it IS original..." she mumbled. Lou made one mistake not to chose to spray it with gold, but his signature is at least gold and the shoes looked great. It definitely fitted the song he listened to.

"Actually, I do have it!" Cynthia said that shocked Willa to the core of her eyes twitching as the kid shows her beautiful shoes. That's impossible! The shoes are too big, so it's definitely not hers! The blonde kid thought in pissed, but she definitely wanna have that shoes in her size.

"That looks so cute! What's the brand? Who's the designer?" She asked with fake excitement. Cynthia got a little confused and looked around the shoe for some answers, but nothing. What she only found was the word 'LOU' written in calligraphy, followed by a signature written in both gold.

"Lou?" She unconsciously said it out loud before glancing at her doll, who's smiling at her lifelessly.

"Uuumm... I don't think I ever heard of this 'Lou' Industry before..." Willa butted in between her thoughts. "Oh uh... maybe he is a new designer! The next big thing, I suppose. Dad got it from me, but it's too big. And it costed umm... $ 22, 000. So I cannot possibly throw it away." Cynthia covered before Willa decided to finally end the call when she got called by her mom that they will be visiting an toy exhibit for an opening ceremony.

After the phone call, Cynthia cannot help, but squealed in delight. She beat Willa again! Whiskers and the diamond shoes really threw her off! However, it slowly vanish and glance at her doll in worry while caressing his blonde yarn hair. Ever since she got him, she have been nothing, but lucky everyday. She always wakes up in the right timing. All her clothes are already taken care of. Everything. Even most of her wishes are granted besides the milkshake wonderland.

She wondered if she keeps going, she might lose him like what happened in the movies after granting wishes. How many did she wish for again? Whatever she watches from the television, she puts it in life. She even tried rubbing a teapot from a souvenir shop one time like the genie and the lamp or... kiss a frog in case a Prince Charming appears, but her parents obviously refused for good reasoning.

"After all these wishing and granting, I just hope I'm not making you ran out of magic from yourself and your bag. Did I exhausted you?!" Lou wanted to laugh. Her imagination is always something coming out from a fairytale. Let's leave her believing that for now.

"I'm so sorry! Where are my manners?! Oh I know, let's have tea! Maybe that will make you feel better! I'll go grab my set!" She innocently suggested an idea and rushed towards her study area. The blonde prototype just lean his elbow from his knee after he made an indian seat before resting his chin from his palm and smile at her back.

That's nice, dear. I do need a break, so go do your thing... he thought.

_________________________________________________________

One time, Jayden did not feel well and as much as much Cynthia's parents wanted to look after her, even at home, they are engrossed with work in their laptops and phones. As for the kids, they played with their toys outside besides Cynthia. She got a note from Jayden to not neglect her studies if he was never on watched, which it was Lou behind all that.

As much as he wants to play with her, some toys had problems in their lessons, so he needs to go back to the basement. But he can't also leave his kid with no guidance, so he sent Iris to coach them. But not before she trained for her to do exactly what she will act down there. And it's gonna hold a lot of patience if it's her of all people.

So right now, she was in the living room. Lou was proud when she finished her assignments and let her watch whatever she wants, but the kid is planning something else. "I'm positive enough to know that father and mother have once again have no time for me, but I have other plans with you, Lou! Let's bake together! For big brother to feel better!"

Wait-what? That's the last thought that remained in his mind before getting dragged by his kid from the kitchen.

•Time Skip•

Lou found himself wearing a little pink apron while sitting in the counter while his kid wears blue. "Don't worry, Lou! I'll buy you your favorite color soon, so please don't be mad!" She apologizes. The blonde prototype wants to express his grief, but all he did is look back at her like a normal toy. He could never say no to his dear youngster.

He watches her turn the stove open into max that got him panicking before setting it to normal when Cynthia turned away using his foot. He even turned white when the flame almost made contact with his stuff face. Gracious, that was close.

"I always watched him always cook delicious yun yums for me, so I wanna make something for him too. I mean, he thought me the basics once or trice before..." Oh Lou wanted to facepalm from that. His kid could get in trouble for this.

For this, his child can face major consequences in the kitchen.

Lou deliberately forced her to use plastic that can cut by concealing the metal ones from the drawers or check out how she's doing everytime she turn away, secretly. Once, Cynthia almost used sugar, he immediately change it to shakers to avoid putting too much ingredients in the food that can cause food poison any time. That's why Lou's looking after her without getting caught.

But don't blame him if he is having a good time. It was fun while it lasted. His smile just got wider from the time Cynthia yelped as she turned off the stove when her stainless kettle started whistling. At least she got that right. She groaned after finishing it. With her small hands, how can she even carry that all over at the second floor with multiple steps. She could trip any minute.

"Yippee for us, Lou! We did it somehow!" The kid went on joy when she finish making it look neat and delicious before pulling her doll into a hug. Lou just hugged back and felt impress that she manage the tea just right. England girls must be taught to learn that first before others~

What the doll didn't know is that Jayden's room is just under the stairs, just in case kids ask for his need, so it's easier for Cynthia. Much to Lou's relief. When they got in, Cynthia immediately jumped into her older cousin, who's just ripped another paper for a dejected cover.

"Lamb, what in the world are you doing here? You should be playing with the others. I thought that you hated getting infected..." he scolded while coughing a little, making Lou wince.

"I'm wearing a mask and gloves, see? Even Lou is wearing one! We are matching! And I made a grand meal just for you!" She exclaimed while motioning at the tray with the blonde doll next to it.

"That's nice, sweetheart, but you must have messed up the kitchen again, didn't you?" He mention, catching the kid off guard before playing with her braids, guiltily. Jayden just chuckle at her sudden silence before messing her hair.

"Not to worry, I'll clean it up once I'm better..."

"No, I'll do it! Now even! You stay in bed!" She jolted up before grabbing the broom away from her cousin. "While I'm at it, Lou can keep you company! I'll be right back!" She went to the door, but stopped sooner, "Oh! And I finished my homework! Just you told me! I'll play with the others once I'm finish. Feel better soon, couz'in!" She added before shutting the door.

Jayden smile a little from the food in the plate before turning to Lou who's still lifeless as ever. "At least she doesn't have burns all over her arms. Thanks for looking after her during my absence, Lou. She's changing for the passed few days just when she just got you. I just hope it could be the same to her parents too..." he paused, making the doll get interested at the adult, but continues to stay still. He talks to toys too?

"Once, I had a doll like you when I was Tia's age. His name was Coral and he is not just a perfection doll to me... He became my best friend. I even gave him a book I made in his size because we both love reading. But over the years as I got older, I lost him..."

Lou slowly turn to him, feeling a little bad when Jayden turn to look outside. "I still look for him though. I even tell stories to Tia about him. That made the toys a special place in her heart. Tia can be a forgetful kid if she gets what she wants. Just make sure she remembers one thing... and that is friends and family have been the hardest to replace from any choices in life..."

Lou slowly nodded secretly to himself as he watch Jayden eat his food with no problem in taste. I guess the food was between good and bad, but mostly good. Lou now knows that Jayden can be trusted. Even without Cynthia on sight, he is sincere. Lou even thought that only Jayden has ideal looks, he is also a boyfriend material. Now his next task is with his kid's parents.

Ugh, if gadgets involves work, how can I manage if her mom was the main reason she can't communicate with her dad? Must note both parents perspective and routines to find the right timing before fulfilling it...

_________________________________________________________

During school, it was Arts Time. Not only the time kids gets creative, it was Cynthia's favorite subject. And the teacher asked them for an activity to draw their toys as the start of their first lesson. Lou was a little upset when his kid received 2 corrects out of 10 when she forgot about her spelling quiz again. But he wants to see how good she draws. He never saw it much from her empty sketch albums, but this is his chance to see it .

"Choose one out of all the toys you owned. Then the top 10 students with the best drawing an ice cream sundae reward for lunch you~"

Cynthia decided to choose Lou of course. Sure, Iris and Riam has been her best toys, but she already drew them. What's the harm to draw another doll? "Hey Lou, do you like color blue? It's my other favorite AND it's the color of your erm...  neck tie?" She confusedly mention.

It's a ascot cravat tie, my dear. But good guess... Lou corrected her from his thoughts before a girl decided to sit next to her table. It was a the same brown girl from the bus service during the first day. But she seems to be different today.

"Hey, Dalancy!" She greeted, but Cynthia just keep drawing. "You seem lonely, can I sit here?! I can keep you company! I'm a really good chatterbox!" She continued as Cynthia finally put her pencil down and stare at her, not interested.

"First of all, never call me Dalancy. It's Cynthia. Second, I am not lonely. My doll is obviously with me, so it's quite obvious that I don't need your company and that goes to my third complain..." she flat-out responded.

"Well it looks like you do. I'm Annie!" She introduced.

"I'm not jolly about it. Go away!" She raise her tone a little before groaning when the kid just sat down. "I can't~ This is the only seat available, see?" Annie defended playfully while motioning that all the seats from different table are indeed full besides hers.

"That's my friend, Willa's seat..."

"But she's sitting from another table?" The girl with slight broken glasses confusedly reminded.

"She said that she will sit here later after she finished talking with Franchesca, so I saved her a seat. You sitting on the floor won't concern me in any matter, whatsoever, so you can sit down there..." Cynthia argued with her. Lou slowly frown from his kid. What is wrong with having a seat mate? Well if you're a perfectionist, then maybe. Because Cynthia succeeded pushing off Dylan to another table, away from her.

Cynthia felt a stare from someone before she unconsciously look from her perfection doll. Lou did not budge or even move. He is completely doing nothing, but it seems like his kid read his message well.

"Why would I?..." she scoff while crossing her arms at her doll. Annie just watch her weirdly when she silently groan after 7 seconds. "Ugh. Fine, you can stay. But don't steal my doll!" She warned as she pull Lou away from the brown girl. "Uuuh... okay? What just happened? Do you talk to your toys too?"

"Not ever until I found him. End of discussion..." Lou almost sighed. She needs to try harder. I managed to made a telepathy for her to be a little nicer, but it seems I would be the one adjusting...

"Relax~ I have a toy too! Her name is Polly and she's a magical flying pixie toy! She might not be as perfect and good-looking as your doll, but she's sweet AND she floats too!" Annie introduced. It was mostly her who do the talking as Cynthia just continues to color.

"I saw your mom from a magazine one time, you don't seem to look like her. I also spot your babysitter from the door one time and eeek! He is cute!"

"He's my couz'in. And he is a editor cover from popular movies..."

"Really?!"

"Forget it..."

"Please tell me more!" The prototype felt proud at his kid. She is improving... Becuase sooner than later, Cynthia still paid no mind to her presence, but she is listening to whatever topic Annie was rambling as they draw together. That is already a good improvement to Lou. Little by little, they will become friends one day.

Once Cynthia finished her drawing, Annie quickly nudge herself next to her to take a closer look. "Ooooh~ I never knew you draw. He looks cute!" she admired the drawing. "Are you saying that I can't draw at all?" Cynthia scoff, offended, raising an eyebrow at her before Annie quickly wave both of her hands up.

"Oh no no no— I didn't mean it like that! Your drawings are cute. And I just notice that you draw with your left hand!" She corrected. "Well yours looks like a cow. Draw the wings a little higher and steady your paper in one direction. Maybe you can achieve a cow with wings..." the British shot back, making Lou notice that she insults, but also inform and correct that little flaw. With that, the kid successfully push the brown girl back to her seat, making Annie pout a little.

"You're mean..." she playfully whined.

"I was never polite. Unless your my big brother couz'in, of course~" Cynthia said with an 'obvious' face before turning to me with a small smile. "Do you like it, Lou? I made it for 25 minutes!" She added as she reached out for her doll and made Lou give a nodding sign. She seems to act like him with Mandy. Just more of in a 'stranger' way

"Told 'ya she's a good artist..." Iris complimented silently from Cynthia bag under the table as a reminder. "Where did you learn how to draw like that?" Annie continued with a big smile. Lou is near to reminding Annie as Moxy. Nolan insisted to stay on the house because he wants to get a tour around. To which it did not end up well and so close to getting caught by humans moving if it wasn't for Fiona.

"From my couz'in..."

"Really?! Can I have a tutor with you at home?!"

"No"

"Hey, how about this lunch I sit with you?! Maybe I can get to know you and your friends!"

"Don't put the blame on me if you can't handle them. I hardly bother with them..."

Just in time, the bell rang, meaning that class is over. Annie stood up first and mention, "Come on! Come on! If the Miller twins reach the cafeteria, the line will take long again!" "Just a minute..." When Cynthia stood up, Lou notice that Willa was behind her holding an opened glue, making the two girls collide. He heard his kid scream as the glue messed up her, not only her uniform, but also her drawing of Lou.

"No! My work ! Willa, why did you do that for?" Everyone in the class—including the teacher—looked in their direction when they heard their vice president shout. "Cynth, I'm sorry." Willa says, "I was ready to give this glue back to Ivan," which enrages Cynthia. "You've got to be kidding me! Ivan was right beside my table! "

"I must have misinterpreted the table because I didn't remember to shut the glue bottle. My mistake! Sorry about that~" The blonde perfect expressed her regret. Cynthia started crying as she stared at her shoddy drawing, which infuriated Iris. However, nobody is as enraged as Lou. His child put so much effort into finishing that drawing. Not only that, he went furious when Willa was masking a devious smile from the teacher's back.

What is happening in here?!" The teacher questioned, walking to the two girl's direction.

"Willa messed up my drawing!"

"I did explained that it wasn't an accident!"

How DARE she... Lou had enough of her. He secretly let himself fall off the table as Iris got out of the bag once he landed perfectly on his feet. "Did you see what she did?! That brat! She bumped to Tia on purpose!" "I know. Which is why it's only fair that this impudent little hazard learnt something from her shortcomings..." the prototype doll agreed with her as he kicked a bucket of fresh paints in front of Willa and scatter bottles of paint brushes on the floor.

Iris smirk at the idea and helped out Lou with it. "I never knew you create troubles~ I like it!" "Heh, can't say the same thing back in my world..." he chuckled back full of sarcasm. "Dalancy, Clara said she's sorry. You can just make another drawing, I'll allow you, so please forgive her..."

"No, it's not fair! Teacher, she mean it, I promise!"

"Well do you know her reason?"

"Because... b-because..."

"Dalancy, you can't blame an accident to your classmates. That is not nice..." the teacher scolded. "B-But it's the t-truth! I'm not lying! Look at her!" Cynthia defended. "Truth or not, it's still not nice. You know the truth, but it's better to be patient and kind to others rather than keep blaming them for something you can't prove..."

"No! She's making me look like I was framing her for this!"

"Dalancy, that's enough..."

"Well if karma gets her, that means she lied!" Cynthia claimed before leaving the classroom, as Annie followed her in worry. Lou clutched his hands both into a fist, displeased when Willa just roll her eyes behind everyone's back and planned to leave along with the others.

"Sorry about that, Clara. Dalancy can be sensitive over small things. Especially her drawings. They mean a lot to her..."

"I understand, Mrs.Claud. I forgive her, but I don't know if she will..."

"Don't worry, she'll come to her senses soon. Class, dismissed. Treat everyone nicely once you left that door..."

"Willa, did you really?" Damien asked when the teacher told everyone dismissed while the twins bothered staying as the students leave the room one by one. "Why would I? It wasn't on purpose now, was it?" She playfully doubted, acting all innocent.

Well, it was the twins doubting both girls on who's correct until the blonde yelped when she slipped from the paint brushes, shrieking at her fall, splashing red crimson paint all around the floor and her perfect uniform, catching Mrs.Claud's notice as her eyes widen.

"Clara!"

"It seems like she's lying after all. She got jinxed by Tia. Let's go, brother..." Kevin sighed, putting both of their hands in their pocket and made their way out of door with the teacher helping out the blonde tomato girl.

"Woah! That was legit! You totally granted another wish!" Although, even if the consequences did worked, Lou's not satisfied. "By the way, I found this from the vent few days ago. You must have dropped it..." Iris added, handing the blonde doll his crescent stone back, but he formed a scowl when he saw it.

Despite that it's shiny and beautiful, there's a little black charcoal color forming inside. Lou attempted to clean it, but it won't come off. "Did you do alter this in any way?" He asked. "What? No. It was literally bright and shiny when I cleaned it before..." Iris defended that got him thinking.

His stone gave him an impression that something was off.

He grabbed his diary from his satchel and wrote,

"Dear Diary,

It has been 1 and a half weeks since I arrived here in the Big World. My kid and I had gotten closer. But problems have been appearing like lists after solving one problem. My kid's family are like stranger and her school has been nothing better if Willa is around. This world have given me a mission as her toy to be their for her and make things right. But I had another issue, my stone is losing it's light. I haven't got the faintest idea why, but hopefully... I can perfectly manage all of this right. If I can't fix my life back in the institute, I want to at least fix my kid's."

~Sincerely, Lou

He finished and cleaned his kid's worked. There's still a dried glue but she took a picture of it under the light and left the photo next to it as him and Iris play cards while waiting for their kid to come back. They cannot possibly follow, that will just be more suspicious.

For now, Lou's waiting for another day to finish his tasked with his kid's home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 1.5K 19
Made up background, fake dog blood gangster, real "dumb white sweet." Wang Yibo Γ— Xiao Zhan
17.8K 516 25
Lou never had a doll to love, sure many adored him. But there was nobody to love. Every doll was the same to him... and it bored him. He had nobody t...
10K 142 20
OX always tells Moxy about his little sister, and that she reminds him of her, who's apparently on vacation. Moxy was puzzled, she remembered nothin...