The Mage & His Alpha

By Winter_Wolf2_0

Book 1 of "The Mage Series" Lucas Williams- 18 years old, the newest Alpha of the Spirit Lake Pack. He is str... More

Mage Spells & Enchantments
Maxwell's Amulet Powers
Mage and Werewolf Ranks
Character Descriptions
Chapter 1: Coming Out
Chapter 2: Banishment & Flashbacks
An Update on my Mental Health
Chapter 3: Intruder or Mate?
Chapter 4: Nightmares & Soulmates
Chapter 5: Tensions & Trust
Chapter 6: Answers & Promises
Chapter 7: Breakfast,Chemistry, & Breakdowns
Chapter 8: Potions & No Magic?
Chapter 9: Candy Stores & Relatives
Chapter 10: The Story, Kisses, & Enemies
Chapter 11: Progess & Close Calls
Chapter 12: Stitches & Schemes
Chapter 13: Advancement vs Setback
Chapter 14: Hickeys & Introductions
Chapter 15: Movies & Love Songs
Chapter 16: Visions, Deities & Bites
Chapter 17: Marks & Announcements
Chapter 18: Training,Hostages,& Power
Chapter 19: Adorableness, Rage, & Rifts
Chapter 20: Hide and Seek & Grandchildren
Chapter 21: Pasts & Figure 8s
Chapter 22: Magic & The War Room
Chapter 23: Formulas & Drawings
Chapter 25: Elixirs & Secrets
Chapter 26: Distractions & Jewels
Chapter 27: Pendants, Romance, & Souls
Chapter 28: Worries & Fiona
Chapter 29: The March
Chapter 30: The Duel
Chapter 31: Finale
Christmas Special: Rivers & Rings

Chapter 24: Pride & Sparring

1.3K 59 9
By Winter_Wolf2_0

AN: Just as a small spoiler, Max gets a bit feisty in this chapter :). And the picture above is what Max's potion for the pack looks like. Now, to the chapter!

The next day:

Max's POV-

"Lucas", I said, catching his attention. Lucas was in the couch scrolling through his phone, while I stood at the archway of the hallway that goes to my Alchemy room. Once I said his name, he whipped his head towards me and grinned.

"Hey Max!" Lucas said, joyfully. He patted the spot next to him, and I happily went over and sat next to him, and I curled up into his side, and he wrapped his arm around me to hold me close. "What's been going on?"

"I have something for you!" I exclaimed. "So close your eyes." Lucas smirked and closed his eyes. I wiggled out of his hold and held out my hand, summoning the potion to the palm of my hand in a puff of white smoke. I took Lucas's hand and sat the potion in his palm. "Ok, open your eyes!" He opened his eyes, and peered at the vial in his hand, and after a brief look of confusion, his eyes widened in realization.

"Is this the surprise for the pack?" he asked. I nodded in excitement.

"It is!" I said. "I finished it last night!"

"That's amazing!" Lucas almost shouted, happiness radiating off of him in waves. "What does it do though?"

"It's a healing elixir that treats silver and wolfsbane wounds", I explained. "I knew that Werewolves already had medicines that treat these injuries. However, this potion is better because I infused it with magic, so it works faster and it is more proficient in treating the injuries. Its also good for taking into battles, as they can be used to cure the wounds on the fly. Say a Werewolf gets infected with wolfsbane while fighting a Hunter. One small sip of the elixir will heal their injuries, and that Werewolf can keep fighting like they've never been injured. And since one small sip can heal you completely, a single potion can last a long time as long as it's used wisely." After I finished explaining, Lucas smiled brightly and sat the potion on the table. He then pulled me close and snuggled up to me, while also kissing my forehead.

"You're so fucking incredible", Lucas said with pride. "I swear, I have the most perfect mate in the entire universe. And I'm not sharing you!" I giggled and kissed his lips.

"I don't want you to share me", I said. "And I am not sharing you either!" Lucas laughed, but he knew I was serious. As he should! If anyone tries making a move on MY man, the last thing they'll see is me throwing a fireball at their face. That's not a threat, but a definite promise.

"When are you showing the pack?" Lucas asked. "They'll be more than excited about your potion."

"I'll tell them sometime today", I replied. "I need to make more, but that won't take long since I've perfected the formula. How many warriors do we have?"

"One hundred, not including me, you, Sam, and Cassandra", Lucas answered.

"Then it will take me a little over an hour to finish all of the potions", I said. "I'll surprise the pack then."

"Once again, you're incredible", Lucas said. I chuckled and kissed him, and he happily kissed me back, both of us enjoying the mating sparks shooting all throughout our bodies. After a minute of this bliss, we pulled away to breath.

"You better get to work now", Lucas said, with a hint of disappointment in his tone. I also wanted to stay in his arms and not leave them for even a second. But I pushed down my slowly rising sadness and kissed Lucas's cheek.

"I'll give you a bunch of extra kisses later", I reassured him.

"Promise?" Lucas asked, putting on an adorable pout.

"I promise, Liebe", I replied. His face lit up like a light bulb, which was another adorable sight, and he pecked my lips.

"Don't take too long then!" Lucas exclaimed. I laughed, then stood up.

"Love you Lucas", I said, before walking towards the hallway.

"I love you too Max!" Lucas called after me, causing me to smile shyly and get butterflies in my stomach. I lifted the protection spell from my Alchemy room and went inside. I went over to my potion station and got out one hundred-three potion bottles, a lot of ingredients, and I immediately got to work.

1 hour and 20 minutes later:

I sat the last potion on the potion station, and let out a breath of relief and pride. All one hundred-three potions for the warriors, Lucas, Sam, Cassandra, and I were ready. Now I just needed to tell them about the elixirs. I would have made every member of the pack a potion, but with my protection spell that covers all of our territory, they'll be perfectly safe from Clara's army, or any other type of attack for that matter. Whether it's Rouges, Hunters, Clara's army, you name it, the magical shield will keep them out.

But my thoughts soon went from being prideful of making the potions, to the subject I have been dreading for a couple of days now. My quickly approaching birthday. I knew what I wanted for my birthday, and it wasn't an actual object like your typical birthday present. No, what I wanted for my birthday was far more precious to me than most things, because only Lucas and Mason meant more to me than this. I wanted to lose my virginity to Lucas on my birthday. That was what I wanted, and I had given it some thought, and I had eventually came to the decision that I was ready to mate with Lucas. Surprisingly, my wolf hasn't been yelling at me or pushing me to mate with Lucas, allowing me to decide when the best time was to mate with Lucas.

Speaking of Lucas, I missed him quite a lot, and it was only a little over an hour ago when we had last kissed. I could feel through our mating bond that he missed me too, but he wanted to let me concentrate on the elixirs. So, to make up for the time, I decided to go and give him those kisses that I had promised to him earlier today. I went to our bedroom after sealing my Alchemy room, but he wasn't there. I mind linked him and asked him where he was, and he said he was outside sparring with Sam. I could tell without him saying it that he was using it as a distraction because he missed me so much, even though it hadn't been very long since he gave me that kiss. Closing the link, I teleported to the outside training area. My heart legit stopped when I saw Lucas, his shirt off, sweat glistening on his god-like body, and he was boxing with Sam on a gymnastics mat that was laid on the grass as a cushion.

Sam tried to strike Lucas with a swift punch, but Lucas was quicker, ducking Sam's attack. In one quick, fluid motion, Lucas had Sam in a headlock, and he looked bored as Sam tried to get out of Lucas's death-grip. But since Alphas are stronger than Betas, Sam's struggles look like a kitten swatting at a cat toy. There were a few pack members besides me who were there, watching them box, and they snickered at Sam's predicament. As I approached them, Lucas spotted me, and I waved to him. Lucas shyly waved back, and unknowingly loosened his headlock on Sam, but ever so slightly.

Sam took this opportunity to break free, and flip Lucas over his shoulder, and he let out a triumphant shout. I immediately started growling when I saw that Lucas had hit his head on the ground, and he was rubbing his forehead and wincing. My mate got hurt, whether it was an accident or on purpose. This made my wolf and I fucking pissed. Ignoring the nervous and worried looks I got from the watching pack members, I started stomping towards Sam. Sam by now had heard my growling, and he looked from me to Lucas, who was watching us with a dazed expression on his face, and Sam immediately looked like he was going to shit his pants.

As everyone should know, when an Alpha is pissed off, watch the fuck out. I got to Sam, effortlessly picked him up by the hem of his tank-top with one hand, and I threw him several feet away from me and Lucas.

Sam landed with a giant THUD on his back and he let out a shout of pain and shock before scrambling to his feet, expecting me to come after him. But I held back my anger enough to instead make sure my mate was alright. Lucas was in perfect health. In fact, he was laughing his ass off at Sam's bewildered look.

"Damn, Sam really pissed you off", Lucas laughed. I sent another glare at Sam as I helped Lucas up.

"He hurt you", I growled. "Whether it was an accident or on purpose, he still pissed me and my wolf the fuck off." Lucas chuckled lightly, and wrapped his strong arms around me. I melted into his embrace, my anger instantly beginning to dissolve like sugar in water. Even Winter was calming down, so a few minutes later I looked Sam in the eye, without the want to murder him.

"Sorry for throwing you", I said. "That was uncalled for. But I just got so angry when I saw Lucas get hurt. I lost control, and that shouldn't have happened."

"Sorry for hurting Lucas", Sam replied. "And it's all good. I would have done the same if that happened if that happened to Emma, so I understand your instinct to defend and protect your mate." I grinned gratefully at him, but after a moment I became serious again.

"However, if you do that again", I warned. "You will lose a hand." Sam chuckled nervously.

"Well, I learned one thing today", he said.

"And that is?" I pressed.

"Don't piss you off", Lucas said for him. We all laughed, and went on about the day like what happened five minutes ago didn't just happen. But around 3pm, I was gathering the potions, and I was about to present them to the warriors, Sam, Cassandra, for the battle between us, and Clara's army.

To be continued...

AN: Sorry for the lack of updates, my dad is rude and won't let me write while I'm grounded. My mom lets me at least, but even at her house my writing time is limited. There's also been the issue of me not wanting to write at all. But I've snapped out of that, and I'm back to writing again! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope it makes up for a month of no updates. As always, please comment any spelling and grammar errors!

Please comment, vote, and follow!!

Love you besties! 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 2.5K 44
*SEQUEL TO ONE HOT SUMMER* ROMANCE **The sudden action of Jasper getting to standing, caused the bench to make a painful scraping sound against the f...
122K 5.1K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
521K 27.6K 47
Book Two of His Series Remy has know he was different since he was born. Remy knows he shouldn't even be alive. Remy also knows that he will never b...
711K 20.2K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...