Love Story Undertaker x Y/N

By WritingSilverScreen

What if Undertaker fell in love? What if his grief drove him to a mad desire to find happiness and laughter t... More

Beginning
Chapter 2: Adrian's P.O.V.
Chapter 3: How It Began
Chapter 5: In Love?
Chapter 6: Undertaker
Chapter 7: Tea Time
Chapter 8: Lord Phantomhive
Chapter 9: Phantomhive Manor (Y/N)'s P.O.V.
Chapter 10: Undertaker (Adrian's P.O.V)
Chapter 11: Interior Decorating
Chapter 12: River
Chapter 13: The Tailor's Shop (Y/N)'s P.O.V.
Chapter 14: Dinner at the (L/N)'s
Chapter 15: Return
Chapter 16: Temptations (Y/N)'s P.O.V.
Chapter 17: Don't Sign (Adrian's P.O.V.)
Chapter 18: Findings (Y/N)'s P.O.V.
Chapter 19: Strange Bipolar Behavior (Adrian's P.O.V.)
Chapter 20: Demon Scar
Chapter 21: Investigation (Y/N)'s P.O.V.
Chapter 22: Funeral
Chapter 23: Embarrassing Failure (Adrian's P.O.V.)
Chapter 24: Plans
Chapter 25: Fate (Y/N)'s P.O.V
A/N
Chapter 26: Empathy (Adrian's P.O.V.)
Chapter 27: Reaper 13664
Chapter 28: Honorable Reaper
Guessing Game
Chapter 29: Shattered Glass
Chapter 30: Victory, Maybe...
Chapter 31: Back to Normal
Chapter 32: Serving Lord Phantomhive
Chapter 33: Trafficking Part 1
Chapter 34: Trafficking Part 2 (Y/N)'s P.O.V.
Chapter 35: Morning Mission
Chapter 36: Fallibility
Chapter 37: Realization
Chapter 38: Cautious Hope
Chapter 39: Eternal Love
Chapter 40: Are We Foolish?
Chapter 41: I'll See You in Heaven
Chapter 42: Moving On
Chapter 43: Starting Again
Epilogue

Chapter 4: This Feeling

845 23 0
By WritingSilverScreen

Another busy, boring night. Two weeks since the Brinks incident. I ran across the rooftops and I'll admit, I enjoyed feeling the wind against my face and floating my hair away from my neck and head. Summer was, perhaps, my least favorite season. Not only was it unnecessarily humid and sticky, but it was also hot, humid, and sticky. The nights weren't much better.

I stopped to wipe the moisture accumulating on my forehead. 

"Hey!"

I jumped and looked around. I finally looked down and saw familiar (h/c) hair and big eyes. I couldn't just jump down.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I want to talk to you!" she called.

"Of course," I muttered. I opened my to-die list. I had nearly all the souls I had to collect, but two were back-to-back. I couldn't afford to be late.

"Now's not a good time!" I called back.

"When would be a good time?" she asked.

I sighed. This woman could not take the hint that I didn't want to meet. Then again, perhaps she took to heart my statement about the timidity of women.

I checked my watch, a gift from the receptionist for my one-hundredth year of work, "Perhaps one a.m.?"

"Alright!" she called, "What about in the church?"

"Alright!" I replied before walking out of view and then jumping to the next rooftop. 

I collected the soul of what turned out to be twins. Apparently, they fought over the fortune they inherited from their father and killed one another. Humans are quite black-hearted creatures. A smidge of temptation and they fall an extra twelve kilometers past ground.

I jumped down from an old shop to the sidewalk and stretched my arms into the air before tucking my hands into my pockets and walking the rest of the way to the church. I checked my watch. There was ten more minutes until she was supposed to be there, but when I arrived, she was sitting in the center of the cemetery and braiding a flower chain.

"You needed something?" I asked.

She turned her head when she saw me and smiled.

"I want to ask where you went," she said, "You didn't come back after the red-haired gardener escorted me to the ballroom."

"My business there was completed," I said.

"You wanted to kill Lord Brinks?" she asked.

I paused. I hadn't meant for it to come out in such an incriminating way. 

"Well, that's not what I meant," I said, "I just meant that my business happened to conclude at around the same time is all."

"You're a poor liar," she said, smiling slightly and turning her attention back to the flowers.

"So you brought me here to tell me you think I wanted Brinks dead? Is that all?"

"No. You're the one who's acting like you wanted Brinks dead. Only now am I inclined to think that."

I growled softly and let out a deep groan. I noticed her cheeks turned slightly pink and grinned. I still don't get what women see in me.

"You asked to meet at a church. Any particular reason?"

"I was wondering how it felt to die," she said, "I wanted to see what it was like to sit in a cemetery with someone staring at me."

I smiled slightly, "That's pretty strange, (Y/N)."

"I already have one foot in the grave. I can be however I want," she said.

"What do you me?"

She waved off the question, "How do you think it feels to die? You've killed people. Surely you know how it feels to be threatened and inches away from death."

I didn't. I couldn't die. 

"I wouldn't know. I've never been threatened."

She was silent for a little while and I wasn't sure what to do. Did I leave her to her thoughts? Did I try to start a conversation? All I knew was I had to stop staring. I was gazing at her beautiful hair as it shimmered in the moonlight. Why the hell am I feeling this way? Why this strange, pushy woman that will likely ask endless questions?

"Hey, Adrian," she said.

"Yes?"

"Did you know that I'm sorry and I apologize mean the same thing?"

What is with this woman? 

"I believe that is common knowledge," I said.

"Do you know when they don't?"

"Can't say I do."

"At a funeral."

I paused, but when the joke hit me, I started laughing. When I finally stopped to gasp for air and release my sides, I noticed her watching me with a big smile on her face.

"What?" I asked, still unable to stop the smile straining my cheeks.

"I like when you laugh. It sounds so joyful and sincere," she said.

"Thank you, I suppose. You have a very dark sense of humor, you know."

"I know. My friend wanted one too, so he told jokes with the lights out."

I burst out laughing again. I heard her own beautiful laugh fill the air. It was so gentle, but carried through the air. I tried to silence myself so I could hear her. I looked to her and saw a pink color on her cheeks and the way her face looked just now was like a vibrant child. How could one human be so beautifully happy so easily?

"The most memorable tombstone I've ever seen read 'I told you i was sick.'"

I flopped over backward on the ground and laughed again.

"My parents told me I don't have a sense of direction. I was so angry I right the house."

"Darling, I need to breath!" I gasped, still laughing.

"Did you call me darling?" she asked.

I gasped for breath and wiped tears from my eyes, "Yes, I suppose I did."

"Why?"

I paused, "I can't think of a particular reason. Because I feel comfortable around you probably."

"Adrian, can we see one another again?" she asked, watching me with those big (e/c) eyes. I could hear how nervous she was. 

"I suppose we could," I said, finally collecting my senses enough to think straight.

"Adrian, this cemetery is very overcrowded. You know, people are just dying to get in."

I snorted by mistake and covered my mouth with my hand. She giggled.

"I wish you could see how you look when you're smiling," she said, "I've never seen anyone look so happy."

"I could say the same to you...darling."

She giggled and bit her lip.

"I suppose I should head for home. I do need some sleep and I'm beginning to wonder what a young lady is doing up at almost two in the morning," I said, standing up.

"Wait!" she said, picking up her finished crown of roses and putting it on my head, "Do you trust me to do something?"

I nodded. She starting touching my hair, which made me feel anxious. I didn't like anyone being this close to me. I might frighten her if I react too suddenly. I took a deep breath and prepared to speak when she said, "Done. Look in a mirror when you get home, okay?"

I nodded, "What did you do?"

"Wait and see," she said, smiling. Her smile was so innocent I couldn't tell if there was mischief hidden behind it or not.

She reached out a hand, "It was lovely talking to you Adrian."

"You as well," I said, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. She turned slightly pink and looked down at the ground.

"Would you like me to walk you home?" I asked.

"Actually, I'm staying at the church tonight," she said.

"You live there?"

"No, but I've decided to stay for three weeks to get rid of the disgusting touch of Lord Brinks."

I chuckled, "Fair enough. Good night."

"Good night."

I waved and she smiled and then my back was to her. Why was I so happy? Sure, she told a few jokes, but the high from a joke would've worn off by now. This was a deep, lasting joy that made me feel warm inside. I can't decide if I like it. It feels good, but it concerns me. I suppose I can't give it too much attention. I took out my to-die list. And it looks like another human has died. This will be the last one. My shift ends at 2 a.m. I can't believe I spent nearly an hour with that human woman, (Y/N). I look forward to meeting her again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 113 29
**Currently on hiatus until inspiration hits me First story on wattpad ever that was written because I got bored but anyway; You died in your previ...
16.1K 403 26
(Y/N) is one of the most famous reapers in the realm, but she doesn't take souls, she's a singer, to all her fans she's the only light in this dark w...
6K 145 50
Being poor and nowhere to go would anyone blame me to live at an undertaker? I mean what could go wrong at such a place? This Story is from my old a...
4.6K 119 16
Scarlett is a young hybrid that just happens to be the daughter of the legendary Grim Reaper. But desipe her father trying to raise Scarlett the best...