Pandya Store - Shiva Raavi (...

By RitaSkeeterIF

[COMPLETE] Synopsis: "So, Hetal, red chilies fell as two people bumped into each other. To be precise, Raavi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Penultimate Chapter)
Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)
Chapter 43 (Epilogue Series 1)
Chapter 44 (Epilogue Series 2)
Chapter 45 (Epilogue Series 3)
Chapter 46 (Epilogue Series 4)
Chapter 47 (Epilogue Series 5)

Chapter 48 (Last Epilogue)

1.2K 54 11
By RitaSkeeterIF

A/N: This is it folks! This is my LAST update for 'My North Star' and I am BEYOND thankful for each and every reader that read this story, commented, voted/liked... you get it. The ShiVi fandom is quite frankly the BEST fandom ever, and I am so grateful I could share my first story with you! If you in anyway have made your presence felt, I am so glad you did, because this story quickly became your FF, just as much as mine. So, here goes nothing,... the final chapter of this story <3

***

                    On a quiet Sunday afternoon, the Pandya family was enjoying Chai and Raavi's delicious afternoon snacks; dabeli, khandvi, and patra. After wolfing down afternoon snacks, all the Pandya kids except Krittika had gone out to play leaving the adults to reminisce through fond memories of the years passed.

"Shiva tujhe yaad hai bachpan main---"

"PAPA!" exclaimed fifteen-month-old Krittika making a grand entrance into the backyard holding her mother's index finger. She had awoken from her afternoon nap, and after changing into a fresh diaper and onesie, she came looking for her favorite human, her Papa.

Hearing his daughter voice, Shiva rushed over to take his daughter in his arms. "Hi princess, did you have a good nap?" asked Shiva, hugging her to his chest, kissing her sweet chubby cheeks. Krittika was impossibly cute in her sleeveless pink onesie that read Pretty in Pink, her chunky arm, and leg rolls out in full effect, tiny toes puckering up in excitement and her wisps of hair were held together by a pink clip.

She made excited sounds, pressing opening mouth kisses all over his cheeks and nose, making him laugh. Being the youngest Pandya, at fifteen months, Krittika was the apple of everyone's eye. She was a happy, chirpy, eager-to-please, fun loving toddler who just wanted love and attention, and of course her Papa to spoil her silly.

She loved being a miniature adult often mimicking actions of everyone older than her. If someone hugged her or kissed her, she returned the favor ten times over. If she saw Raavi brush out her hair, she just had to style her hair. If she saw her brothers do homework, she copied them by bringing out her own books, demanding her parents watch her do homework as well. If she saw Shiva button up his plaid shirt, she had to help him, her face scrunching in utmost concentration, trying to loop the button through the buttonhole, no matter that her tiny hands didn't have the dexterity to do so.

"Aren't you hungry, angel pie? Where is your sippy cup with milkshake?" asked Shiva. Krittika loved her post-nap sappota milkshake, made with nutritious milk, sappota fruit and dates.

"NO!" said Krittika, shaking her head, yelling out her favorite word in open defiance.

Shiva looked at Raavi curiously, tilting up his chin in question. In response, she just raised the sippy cup in her hand, smiling ruefully, "Isne tujhe chai pete hue dekh liya. Ab ye tere hi cup se milkshake drink karegi."

Kissing her palm, "That's a great idea, Krittu, lets drink from my cup," said Shiva, placing her on his lap, as he sat in the lawn chair. He threw out the remainder of his tea to pour a little milkshake into the cup and she happily drank her milkshake like her Papa, smacking her lips gleefully.

Sitting down beside him, Raavi rolled her eyes, "Usse kabhi toh na bola karo. Tujhe dekhe iski nautanki shuru hoti hai. She is so spoiled."

Rishita grinned and quipped, "Jaisi Maa, waisi beti." It had been loads of fun seeing Shiva melt at every little thing Krittika wanted, becoming the subject of many jokes. Even now, he was coaxing her finish her milkshake from his cup, and Krittika was beaming, her legs swinging, ecstatic with her Papa's kisses and undivided attention.

As teatime came to an end, Raavi and Dhara began to clean up. "Mama!" said Krittika, spotting Raavi stack up all the empty cups and dirty spoons into a tray. She wiggled down from Shiva's lap, keen on helping her mother.

"Oh, you want to help me. That's a great idea, Krittu! Why don't you hold these spoons?" said Raavi. Immediately, Krittika took the spoons, clutching them to her chest with both hands like security guarding a diamond necklace. She turned to her father as if to say, look at me and the spoons.

"Krittu, you are doing so well holding the spoons for Mama! You are such a good helper," praised Shiva, chuckling as she bobbed like a DJ in excitement.

"All done! Let's go to the kitchen to wash the dirty dishes," said Raavi, lifting up the tray. Krittika followed her Mama, like a faithful assistant following her boss, chattering in a volley of unintelligible sounds and words often laughing at her own jokes.

Just as they were about to turn right towards the kitchen, Krittika spotted her brothers walk into Pandya Niwas with their cricket bat and ball. Her attention diverted, she dropped the spoons, preparing herself to launch at her brothers like a baby astronaut. Yelling excitedly, and clapping her hands, she ran towards them as fast as her feet could carry her. Mid-run, she lost her balance, tripped and fell forward, her face meeting the ground.

Pin drop silence later, Krittika let out a loud wail, her face scrunching up in pain, tears filling her eyes, she started crying loudly. As Shiva came running inside, asking "Kya hua?" just in time to see his daughter face plant into the ground, Raavi gave the tray to Dhara and ran to her daughter.

Raavi gave Shiva a panicked look, as she picked up and hugged her princess, whispering, "Its ok, baby. Mama and Papa are right here. Look, Papa is even checking to make sure you aren't hurt. Sometimes, these things happen, right? Mama will put cream and Papa give you lots of kisses to make the pain go away."

As Shiva and Raavi placated Krittika, everyone in Pandya Niwas sprung to action to distract their little munchkin. Gaumbi and Dhara bribed her with sweets, Suman Maa made funny faces, Keerti and Rishita bought her favorite unicorn stuffed toys. Dhruv and Akash each took her hand to walk her around the aangan, telling her about the cricket match they played. Eventually, she climbed back on her Papa's lap, snuggling into his chest, crying, occasionally shoving her fist in her mouth to soothe herself.

Shiva carried her, pacing back and forth, rubbing her back, to soothe his princess. She accusingly pointed to the spot that caused her fall, using baby talk to the fullest extent to convey her dissatisfaction with the ground. Agreeing with her, Shiva casually said, "You are so right, princess. Its not your fault. Toh, tu kyun roh rahi hai, princess? Teri kya galti hai... tu bas apni bhai se khelna chahti thi, na ? Galti toh iss zameen ki hai... teri excitement nahi samajh paya."

Hiccupping, Krittika looked at her father with her big doe eyes, as if she was seriously considering his argument. Slowly, she nodded.

"Tu dekh na Krittu, ye excitement tera, bhai bhi tera, toh tu kyun stress le rahi hai, princess ?"

Mollified, Krittika settled into Shiva's arms, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck.

"Tu ek kaam kar, Krittu, tu bas smile aur enjoy kar. Dekho Mama mujhe cream lagane aah rahi hai. Meri baat maan tu bhi lagale aur phir apne bhai ke saath aur apne giraffe tricycle ke saath khel," said Shiva, wiping her tears gently, and held her still, as Raavi tenderly blotted droplets of blood and applied cream.

At 7:30 PM, after Raavi, Dhruv and Akash took turns to feed Krittika dinner, treating her like a queen; giving her all the attention and love she wanted and needed. Soon, little Krittika fell asleep in her father's arms, her energy spent in recovering from her fall.

Laying her down on the crib, she fussed for a second, tugging on Shiva's pendant. Then she let out a puff of breath and quieted down into deep slumber. Kissing her forehead, Raavi and Shiva gave her two unicorn stuffed toys, and wished her sweetest dreams.

"Want to count her fingers and toes again?" asked Shiva tenderly.

Tucking herself beside Shiva, Raavi nodded and sniffled, "Our princess is growing up fast too."

Kissing her lips, Shiva whispered, "We'll tell her again to stay tiny forever."

***

                 "Papa!" whispered Krittika, knocking loudly on her parent's door at 6:30 AM on September 7th, 2035. In a few seconds, Shiva opened the door, and Krittika rushed to hug his legs, "I am awake, Papa!"

"I see that sweetie pie," said Shiva in a sleep crushed voice. His almost four-year-old was an early riser, often waking up by six in the morning, hungry for milk and cuddles. Since she was in the room next to her parents, she often made the quick trip to her parent's doorstep on her own. Shiva picked her up, hugging her, "Did you sleep well, princess?"

"Yes, Papa. Will I be able to play with Sofia and Ruby in school today?" asked Krittika, eager and anxious about her first day of junior kindergarten.

"Sofia and Ruby go to Royal Prep, angel," said Shiva referring to the characters in the TV show, Sofia the princess. Why he knew this... well, he had a daughter that's why. It was also the reason he now knew every Disney princess and every damn word to the song, 'Let it Go' from Frozen.

Carrying her and walking within the confines of their room, he said, "You are going to Falcon Hill for junior kindergarten like Dhruvie and Kashie. Also, Sejal will be there too. She is your best friend, right?" Sejal was Hetal and Arjun's daughter who was just five months older than Krittika and her best friend. Krittika nodded and fell silent thinking deeply about her own first day of school.

Pacing back and forth, Shiva talked about her first day of school; she'd meet new people, she'd learn new things, she'd play in a cool playground with monkey bars, most importantly, she'd be just like her older brothers, whom she loved so much.

"Papa, can you also put blue nail polish? Then I can be a mermaid princess," asked Krittika.

"Yes, sweetheart. Of course, Papa will put nail polish on your nails," said Shiva mentally sighing. A week ago, she had come to him asking him to paint her nails. Somehow, he hadn't realized he had to blow her nails dry like Raavi usually did. She belatedly realized her nail polish had smudged and refused to talk to him for an hour.

"I love you, Papa," said Krittika spontaneously pinching his nose.

Kissing her forehead, he whispered, "I love you, too, princess."

Just then Raavi stepped out of the washroom, having brushed her teeth and freshened up for the morning. Today was a big day for Shiva and Raavi's kids. Krittika was starting Junior Kindergarten, and the boys; Dhruv was going to Grade 6, his last year in Falcon Hill Elementary before going to St. Marys' and Akash was starting Grade 4.

"Aww! My sweet princess is awake. Pee-Pee aur brush karna hai?" asked Raavi smiling at her baby in Shiva's arms. Maybe it was all conversations Shiva had with her baby bump when she was pregnant with her daughter, but since the day she was born Krittika adored her father, often demanding his undivided attention, waking up in the morning to snuggle in his arms, as he talked to her, told her stories to amuse her.

Though Shiva was an incredible father to all their boys, working hard to lead by example, and give their kids their best chance at life; he was equally taken with his princess, loving their daughter to bits, doing everything Krittika with her, including painting her nails last week, never getting irritated or upset, let alone raising his voice at her. Raavi pressed her finger to the inner corner of her eye, blotting away her tear; since she had no memories with her own father, she enjoyed the heartwarming father-daughter bond between Shiva and Krittika.

Krittika nodded, "Toh phir, Mama ke saath chalo. Papa jaldi se chocolate milk laayenge, aur phir hum cuddle karke drink karenge, ok?" said Raavi, as Krittika stepped down to hold Raavi's hand to go into the washroom.

When Shiva came back with warm chocolate milk, he smiled at his wife and daughter. Raavi was resting against the headboard, and Krittika was hugging her like a koala bear, as Raavi finger combed the knots out of their daughter's long hair, whilst dropping kisses to her forehead. From the sounds of it, they were having a deep conversation about whether Krittika wanted pigtails or a French braid for one of her Barbie dolls.

"Hi princess, Papa brought you chocolate milk," said Shiva, kissing his wife and daughter before snuggling in beside them, looping his arm around Raavi, as she came to rest her head on his shoulder. He loved quiet mornings like this with his two ladies, watching his precious daughter drink her milk and chatter on about whatever mattered to her.

Taking the warm cup, Krittika hungrily drank her milk, satiating her hunger and rumbling tummy. "Mama, Sejal and I want a phone to call each other everyday. Like you and Papa."

"Oh...what will you guys talk about?" asked Raavi amused.

"It's a secret Mama. But we will talk about soccer, swimming and cookies. We will do it on Zoom, like Papa," said Krittika, having watched her parents talk on the phone, specially Shiva, who often took Zoom calls when he had to discuss strategy and expansion of soccer with the Indian Soccer League, that had been founded three years ago.

"That sounds like an important conversation. Can't you talk when you meet each other in school today or during play dates?" asked Shiva, stumping their daughter.

"Yes Papa, we can. We need Zoom for soccer. Like your office meeting," explained Krittika with the attitude only a toddler could manage.

"I can share my phone, in that case. You know Papa loves to share with you. I already keep some of your tiara and lehengas safe in my of the closet," said Shiva casually. It was true, he often reached for a miniature lehenga when seeking out his shirt, or grabbed a tiara reaching for his wallet. Luckily, he had his Chipkali to keep his life organized, he thought to himself, kissing her cheek.

Considering his suggestion, Krittika said, "Thanks Papa, you can share your phone with me," going back to sip her milk, deep in thought, as Shiva and Raavi grinned, amused at their daughter.

                    "I am ready for breakfast Papa," said Krittika, sitting beside him in the swing, fresh from a morning shower in her unicorn PJs. Clearly waiting for her, Shiva said, "Hi princess! Come here to Papa!" enveloping his sweet daughter in the biggest hug, holding on to her breakfast. Most days, the children of Pandya family ate breakfast together, but today was first day back to school, which just meant everyone was settling back into their school routines. As Raavi chased the boys, Krittika ate breakfast with Shiva, sitting beside him on the swing, babbling on about everything and nothing.

Munching on a dhokla, a small spinach rotli and shrikhand, Krittika chattered on about her dream where she and Sejal flew on a magic carpet. "Papa, we were so high, and I wasn't even scared. I waved at you too."

"That's sounds exciting. Was it like flying in an airplane, sweetie pie?" asked Shiva, patiently holding her plate as she ate breakfast.

She laughed, "Exactly, Papa!"

"Are you excited for first day of school?" asked Shiva, patting her head, pushing her hair away from her face as she finished up her breakfast.

She nodded, "Will you miss me, Papa?"

Kissing her chubby cheeks, "I will miss you the most, princess."

She kissed his cheek and hugged his bicep, "Don't be scared, Papa. Its just school, ok?" Her small hands patting his back, she said, "Mowgli and Fishie will even hold your hand. Its ok Papa," reassuring him just the way Raavi reassured Krittika during doctors' appointments or when she saw a lion at the zoo and refused to leave her parents' side.

Krittika worshipped her older brothers, forever in awe of them. They were the epitome of everything cool for her. She would do anything to be part of their little group. Last night, preparing her for first day of school, Shiva told Krittika that she was going to the same school as her older brothers, and recounted Dhruv and Akash's first day of school. As they hilariously narrated how Akash had drawn a Dhruvie shark without a shirt, Krittika laughed uncontrollably finding a shirtless shark version of her brother funny. Excited, she became enthusiastic about her own first day.

Hugging his sweet miniature Raavi 2.0, he said, "You are so kind and helpful, angel pie. I am all better, now. Let's go pick your outfit and change for school."

               "Mama! I am ready!" said Krittika, running up to Raavi as she was serving Dhruv and Akash breakfast.

Raavi looked up and her jaw dropped. Her daughter wore her Tinkerbell costume, her matching fairy wings, sparkly ballet flats. She carried a wand, instead of a backpack. All in all, nothing that was school appropriate. Recovering herself, she glared at Shiva, who looked away guiltily, her eyes silently berating him. Stupid. Idiot. Gadheda.

"Krittu, is this what you are wearing to school?" asked Dhruv, chuckling at his sister.

She smiled, pleased with herself, "I am so pretty." Turning to her mother, "Mama, Lets go!"

"Sweetie pie, Papa forgot but we have clothes that we kept aside just for school. If you wear your costumes, it can rip, princess. Let's go change, cutie pie," said Raavi, staring pointedly at Shiva to say, Kabhi toh usse na bola karo.

Finally, after twenty minutes of tough negotiations, Krittika could be just as stubborn and dheet as her Mama, she changed into pink t-shirt underneath a denim overall dress, compromised on cat-ears headband but left on the sparkly ballet flats.

"Mama, I am so pretty, like you," said Krittika, twirling around, checking herself in the mirror, and kissing her own reflection.

Smiling, Raavi kissed her daughter, "Finally, we are ready for school."

"Mama, can I wear my Frozen dress after I come back?" asked Krittika.

"Why don't we discuss that when you are back? Right now, I am just excited for your first day of school with Sejal, and look, Papa is waiting..." said Raavi, distracting her daughter so she didn't get late for school.

                  "BYE PAPA! BYE MAMA!" said Krittika, hugging her parents, as they said their goodbyes outside of her class. She kissed them and gave them a hug. "Hug my night-night unicorn if you miss me, Papa."

As her teacher, Ms. Amin come along to herd the children inside, Shiva kissed Krittika's forehead, "Bye princess, I love you sweetheart. Listen to your teacher and have loads of fun."

"I love you too Papa," said Krittika.

"Ok bye, angel! Papa and Mama will meet you right here, when the final bell rings," said Shiva, watching his daughter run off inside.

Raavi turned to Shiva, hugged and kissed him, "Krittu adores you. You are seriously the best papa in this universe, even when you think its ok for her to wear outrageous costumes to school."

Tightening his arms around Raavi, he kissed her, muttering, "I love you, Chipkali." It felt bittersweet to see his precious daughter grow up. One minute he was holding her in his arms, and a blink of eye later, he was dropping off his Raavi 2.0 to junior kindergarten.

In the afternoon, Shiva, Raavi, Hetal and Arjun were waiting in the hallway outside of Krittika and Sejal's class in Falcon Hill Kindergarten. In about five minutes, the school bell rang; Sejal and Krittika ran out, holding hands. Spotting her father, Krittika's face lit up and she ran into Shiva's arms.

"How was first day of school, choti chipkali? Did you have a fun day?" asked Shiva, bending to hug his sweet daughter, taking her in his arms.

Nodding, "I had so much fun. But Papa, can you come with me to next class? I even have a chair for you," said Krittika.

Kissing her cheek, "That's so nice of you, princess, but junior kindergarten is not for Papa, its only for you. But tell me, what did you do?"

Plastering her hands on his cheeks, Krittika said, "We played with Legos, and I cooked pizza, Papa. Sejal said it was yummy." Looking at Hetal, her godmother, she said, "Kaki, Sejal made ice-cream burger, it was yummy too."

"That sounds tasty," said Raavi, as Hetal smiled saying they were great chefs and she couldn't wait to try their creations.

"Papa, can I have ice cream? The more ice cream I eat, the sweeter I will be," said Krittika seriously, pushing her hairband back.

"But you are already so sweet!" said Shiva, spinning her in his arms and kissing her until her laughter echoed in the hallways and she begged to be put down.

"Go with Hetal Kaki and Arjun Kaka to say bye to your friends, we will just be here talking to your teacher," smiled Raavi.

"Ah, Mr. And Mrs. Pandya. Welcome back," said Ms. Amin, the kindergarten teacher. "Krittika had a great day. She is a caring, expressive, loving girl, but I don't think Akash and Dhruv's sister if she wasn't a tad mischievous. She talked about her parents and brothers a lot, and she got a bit cranky at naptime but that is to be expected on the first day."

Saying that, Ms. Amin hesitated, "Pann..."

"Kya hua?"

"She asked a few students and sometimes, teachers to call her princess. We told her, we will be referring to her as Krittika because that's her name, but she just said, her Papa calls her princess, so she was a princess and she had many tiaras. Few children really thought she was a fairy-tale princess and asked her to do magic... the point is, we'll keep working with her. However, I thought you should know, so you can practice calling her by her name, rather than nicknames," said Ms. Amin stoically.

Raavi couldn't believe the teacher, "My daughter is our princess, she is just the kindest and is the warmest soul. She probably missed her Papa and wanted to feel loved. I don't see anything wrong with that," said Raavi defiantly, before turning on her heel and going after her daughter.

Shiva and the teacher stared at each other awkwardly, as Raavi left to trail after Krittika. Ms. Amin muttered under her breath, I see nothing has changed and left to go inside the classroom.

***

                "Come here Chipkali!" said Shiva, resting against the headboard. Raavi walked out of their washroom, wearing a black lace thong with fancy scalloped detailing around the hips. The delicate fringes of lace lay softly against her hip, the sheer lace barely covering her breasts, her nipples peeking through, teasing him and making him hard instantly. His gaze fixated on the matching black skimpy and sheer floral lace bra accented with dainty bows on the straps. He had a feeling the bows weren't going to survive the night.

Walking over to him, "Main...kaisi lag rahi hoon bandar? Kala rang tujhe pasand hai na?" Shiva had spotted a new underwear set in their wardrobe and insisted she wear it for him and give him a fashion show, claiming it was his anniversary gift. Well, she bought this set...to torture him a little, so it all worked out well.

"Humare fifteenth anniversary pe mera heart fail karane irada hai kya?" asked Shiva tugging on her arm, so she could straddle his lap, playing with the delicate lace and satin. It was almost midnight and they were ringing in their fifteenth anniversary on April 20th, 2036.

She nodded, grinding her hips suggestively, smirking when he groaned and stilled her hips, "You are so f**king hot, it drives me crazy."

Raavi just moved herself on him, humming, Werk, werk, werk. She loved it when he lost himself, his senses in her.

"We have all night, baby girl, go easy on your Shiva," he whispered, his hand caressing the curve of her bottom. Trailing his hands all over her body, he placed her arms on his shoulders, before kissing her deeply, biting her lower lip and stroking their tongues together.

Raavi tightened her hold on him, returning his deep, soulful kisses, repeatedly whispering, "I love you." Her Shiva; her husband, father of her children and soulmate. Her north star.

"My baby girl," said Shiva, resting his forehead against hers and rubbing their noses together, "Maine apne liye sirf tujhe maanga hai. Fifteen years ago, I wanted a chance a happiness, you have made me so happy in these past fifteen years, it feels unreal that I, of all people, am married to someone as lovely as you. I can still remember our wedding day in 2021, I had thought I lost you forever, but somehow, we ended up marrying each other. I am so sorry for ever thinking of giving you the divorce papers... tune apne bandar ko maaf kiya na?"

Raavi nodded, blinking away her tears, "Tu mera sab kuch hai, Shiva. Tune mujhe itne saare khushiyaan di hai... humare babies, Dhruvie, Kashie, Krittu. I love being your wife and mom to our kids. There are days I have meetings, Mowgli comes to me talking to me about soccer, then Fishie worries about his homework, and I run after Krittu. I come to you tired, but all do you is love me. That makes it all worth it. You make it all worth it. This is what I have always wanted; a life with you. The chaos, the mess, the quiet moments, all of it makes me so happy that sometimes I pinch myself so I can believe its my reality."

Holding her tightly, "Are you ready for tomorrow,then?" asked Shiva softly as he nibbled at the base of her throat and dragging his finger over the dainty bows of her bra to cup the soft weight of her breasts.

She let out a shaky breath, her body becoming heavy with desire, "Dhara Di kehti hain shaadi ke pehle raat, dulha-dulhan ko dekhna nahi chahiye," moaned out Raavi cheekily, sinking her fingers into Shiva's hair, holding him in place, as he pushed the lace cups down, and dragging his tongue along her breast, taking a nipple into his mouth. His hands kneaded and massaged her waist, his forever obsession, his fingers lingering on the thin scar from the C-section.

"Oops, then close your eyes sweetheart... and let me love you," whispered Shiva, peeling off her bra, pushing her backwards to lie on her back. He intertwined their hands, as he went lower, kissing her all over her body, slipping lower to taste her nectar. All the while, he whispered he loved Raavi at sixteen stealing his heart so effortlessly, the sweet woman she had been at twenty-four figuring her life out, and the beautiful, accomplished woman she was at thirty-nine years old.

As he thrust into her, he kissed her tears and murmured, seasons would change, the earth would spin on its axis, but she would eternally be his north star.

***

                  "Shhh! Dheere, Krittika jaag jayegi! Usko sab explain karna padega!" whispered twelve-year-old Dhruv as they shuffled past her room on the morning of April 20th 2036. Often Krittika woke up early, making the short journey to their parents' room. He didn't want Krittika to wake up, beg include herself in their little surprise to their parents. With her big hazel eyes, and sweet mannered questions, it was hard to say no to his baby sister.

"Sorry, I tripped. Its dark," mumbled Akash, getting up from his fall.

Before they took another step, the door opened and a small human in the form of four-year old Krittika opened her bedroom door wearing her Little Mermaid pajamas and a sea shell bracelet she had refused to take off last night, "Hi Mowgli, Fishie," before running to hug them. "I missed you! Can you take me to pee-pee and brush?" Krittika loved her brothers, always wanting to do the same things as them. If Mowgli went to play soccer, she insisted on joining him, or splashing around the swimming pool like her older brother, Fishie.

"Its 6:30 AM Krittu. You were sleeping all night and before that we kissed you night-night," pointed out almost ten-year-old Akash.

Krittika smiled brightly completely missing her brother's point. Anyways, she had woken up and wanted to see her favorite human, their Papa. She shook out her long hair and held on to Akash's hand, "Fishie, lets go see Papa!"

Dhruv threw his brother a mild look of irritation, but nonetheless, he took his sister's other hand walking down the hallways of Pandya Niwas. As they helped her go to the washroom, and brush her teeth, Dhruv explained their little surprise, before the trio went to the kitchen and their parents' bedroom.

Knocking, Shiva's kids excitedly yelled, "MAMA! PAPA!"

Almost immediately, they heard feet shuffling and Shiva opened the door wearing a ganji and track pants. Smiling, he let them inside.

"Happy Anniversary!" cheered Dhruv, Akash, Krittika in unison. Holding a tray, "Mama, Papa, for your surprise, we got Mama flowers, Dhruvie made chocolate milk, Krittu was useless, and I made jam sandwiches...which are better than Papa's!" said Akash slyly to get a rise out of Shiva.

"Hey!" said Shiva, mock offended that his lack of cooking skills was a joke to his kids. They often laughed at him, saying cooking was one area they were already better than Papa, even though they couldn't yet use the stove without supervision. To which Raavi retorted, Papa couldn't use the stove without supervision.

Raavi ran to hug her kids, "Thank-you so much Mowgli, Fishie, and my princess!" said Raavi, chuckling and wiping her tears, as her kids tucked a flower in her hair. "Breakfast for all of us. This is so, so, so thoughtful. Chalo, saare bed pe baith jao, hum Breakfast in bed karenge aur movie dekhenge. I will serve."

As Raavi and the boys were setting up breakfast, Shiva took Krittika in his arms, "Did you go to the washroom and brush?" asked Shiva, cuddling his princess, dropping soft kisses on her head.

Nodding, "Mowgli helped me, too. I love Mowgli. Fishie too. Also, I missed you, Papa," said Krittika, wrapping her small arms around Shiva's neck.

"Me too, princess... did you sleep well and have good dreams?" asked Shiva hugging his daughter as he carried her to the other side of the bed to snuggle with Raavi. Their little munchkin often came over to their room as soon as she woke up, so she could snuggle and get warm hugs from her mama and papa, telling them the thoughts in her little mind, as she drank her milk.

Raavi took Krittika in her arms, giving her daughter kisses as she fixed her hair. "Did you miss Mama, too?" teased Raavi, as Krittika nodded and kissed her mama, before wiggling out of her hold to jump on the bed.

"Kiss!" said Krittika dancing on the bed, excited from all the energy around her. Laughing, Shiva bent and kissed his wife.

"Nooo! Kiss me!" pouted Krittika, pointing to herself. Chuckling, Shiva and Raavi kissed Krittika until she was breathless with laughter.

Settling down on the bed in a circle, they ate jam sandwiches, and chocolate milk that their sweet boys had prepared for them. Of course, Krittika insisted on everybody feeding her a bite in exchange for a hug. Then, she got down, got two tiaras she stored in their nightstand and gave one to her Mama, "Happy Anniversary, Mama, Papa."

"That is so sweet of you, princess," said Raavi, kissing her daughter. Slipping on the plastic tiara, Raavi asked "How do I look?"

"Princess Chipkali Mama!" said Krittika. Snuggling into Shiva's lap as he sat cross legged on the bed, she asked, "When is my wedding anniversary, Papa?"

"Choti Chipkali, you done have one yet. A wedding anniversary is a yearly celebration after you get married like Mama and Papa. Remember we showed you photos?" said Shiva, hugging his little girl tightly.

"When is my marriage Papa?" asked Krittika, innocently, wearing her own tiara.

"Never..." said Shiva immediately, "I want you to be my tiny princess forever."

Krittika pouted, crossing her arms across her chest, "Papa, I will be your princess. But if I don't grow, I won't become big girl and I cant play with Mowgli and Fishie."

Laughing at her daughter's perturbed reaction, Raavi leaned forward to ruffle Dhruv and Akash's hair, "Isne toh apna gift de diya. What's your gift, my sweet prince?"

Dhruv and Akash looked at each other, "You go first Kashie!"

Shrugging, Akash nodded. He blushed, looking at his parents carefully, "I have decided to participate in the 2036 Junior Pan Asia Swimming Championship in November."

Pulling his son into his arms, "That's amazing, Kashie! I am so proud of you, baby," said Shiva, hugging his sweet boy. Last year Akash had participated in an international swimming competition hosted in Delhi, placing fifth out of two hundred participants. He earned a medal of excellence and set records for Gujarat which had been on the state news. Shiva was just happy Akash wanted to pursue his dreams and would give swimming all his love, and hard work.

"Good decision, my sweetie pie. And you were right, I love the gift, Fishie," said Raavi, wiping her eyes, kissing his cheek. Although Akash had been disappointed that he hadn't won the gold medal, Raavi was ecstatic he was working hard to pursue his passions.

"Dhruvie, you are next!" said Akash, curling up on the bed, his head on his mother's lap.

Silence.

They looked at each other and at Dhruv curiously. It was odd their energetic, loving, mischievous, almost teenaged baby was silent.

"Go on Dhruvie..." said Akash, encouraging his brother.

Looking between her brothers, Krittika also chimed in, "Say your secret, Mowgli. Its ok, its just a secret. I will hold your hand."

Nodding, Dhruv went to the play basket in his parents' room, fishing through the multitude of Barbie dolls to find what he was looking for. He walked up to Shiva, laid the Paw Patrol ball in his hand, and simply said, "Aapka beta hoon Papa. I choose soccer."

"Oh Dhruvie..." whispered Raavi, rubbing Shiva's arm. She knew her Shiva would love this gift. A month ago, Dhruv' school cricket coach and come over to their hou.se to chat with them. He said, Dhruv was so talented, he would be an excellent batsman, but he would need to choose soccer or cricket since each sport would get competitive and time intensive. Shiva and Raavi had explained to Dhruv they would be happy whichever sport he chose, his happiness mattered the most, and of course, while soccer was gaining momentum in India, it had a long way to go before it matched the monetary and world-wide recognition of Indian cricket. Dhruv had requested time to think about his choice and they had left it at that, knowing he would talk to them and come to a decision that was best for him.

"That's perfect Dhruvie," whispered Shiva pulling him into a tight hug, rubbing his back, holding his first son and the Paw Patrol ball.

Krittika did not understand everything, but she looked at her brothers getting hugs, and lay on their parents' lap; she flopped over them, "I love you too Mowgli, Fishie."

            "Papa, where am I in this picture?" asked Krittika, standing on a chair and grabbing a framed photo from the wall. It was a little past 1 PM and they were spending time together as a family, watching movies, talking and planning for the evening festivities. Raavi and Shiva quickly discovered having three kids meant family time converted to family day. They had to watch a movie chosen by each of their kids, then listen to all their questions and ideas, making sure Dhruv and Krittika didn't dominate the quintessential middle child, their Kashie.

"Sweetheart, you weren't born at that time. Mowgli, and Fishie weren't born either," said Shiva, looking at the photo of him and Raavi hugging at the park bridge during their Grad Excursion. Hetal had grabbed a screenshot from the video, framed it and gifted it to them for their first anniversary.

"How old were you then, Papa?" asked Mowgli, mildly curious, helping his sister down.

"I was eighteen, Mowgli," smiled Shiva.

"Why did you hug him, Mama?" asked Krittika. "Was Papa sad?"

"I just wanted to hug Papa, sweetie pie," smiled Raavi, giving Shiva a kiss.

"Why, Mama?" asked Krittika, as their boys looked on curiously. They knew their parents grew up together, but as they got older, they began to piece together that their parents shared a deep, unbreakable bond and loved hearing details of their lives before they came along.

"Chipkali, instead of telling them, lets take them there," said Shiva much to their kids' excitement.

"Papa, hum Chashmish ko bhi le chalenge ," said Dhruv, "Woh hamesha mujhse aapke story ke baare main poochti rehti hai."

"I thought Jhanvi was mad at you, because you lost her Percy Jackson and the Olympians book?" asked Akash mildly. "Now she has a phone too, she is determined to ignore you until she gets her book back."

It had been a hot debate in Pandya Niwas when Jhanvi had gotten a phone at twelve years, but Dhruv had to wait until he was thirteen. Eventually, Dhruv settled his feathers, claiming phones werent that cool if Jhanvi got them. Then he turned around and did everything in his power to minimize Jhanvi using her phone, including "borrowing" her books without her permission.

Dhruv rolled his eyes, "She is too serious...book hai, yahin kahin padi hogi. Also, I wont go myself, rather I will send Krittu, she cant refuse Krittu." Turning to his sister, he tickled her chin, "You want to see your Jaanu Di and bring her with us?" as Krittika nodded enthusiastically at the prospect of seeing her beloved Jaanu Di.

"Pann, shyam ki party...?" started Raavi in dismay. Shiva got their kids excited when they may have to run last minute errands for the anniversary party in the evening.

"Hetal, Arjun aur Vasu ne saari taiyaari kar li. Tujhe bas sajh dhaj ke aana hai."

              "So, this is where Raavi and I had our high school Grad Excursion," said Shiva, pointing to the general area, where long ago Shiva, Raavi and their classmates had set up a campfire to talk about their dreams and hope for their future.

"You had a campfire on the beach?" asked Jhanvi impressed and awed, her eyes widening behind her pink glasses. She had read in books about campfires on the beach, where all the cool kids gathered to have fun. Therefore, Mowgli's parents must have been the coolest kids.

Nodding, Shiva said, "It was one of the most memorable days of my life. Our whole class including Chipkali, Arjun Kaka, Vasu Kaka, Hetal Kaki and I spent the whole day together on the beach and the markets, and then we came here to hang out by the campfire. There was a singer named Nigel D'Souza; he was wandering around the beach, but stopped to serenade Raavi, because she was just that beautiful."

Raavi blushed, "That day in the markets, Shiva got me the north star earrings. Its been more than 20 years, and I still wear them because it was one of the first gifts I got from my Shiva," said Raavi, tucking herself into Shiva's arms, not trusting herself to speak without bawling her eyes out. "Yo-You-Your Papa, uh! I hate my tears," said Raavi, sniffling, and waiting as Shiva kissed her tears. "Your Papa... he loved me then, too."

"You did?" asked Dhruv wondrously, surprised as Shiva nodded.

"Did you kiss that day?" asked Jhanvi excitedly.

Pinching Jhanvi's nose playfully, "Shiva didn't kiss me that day," said Raavi, chuckling at Jhanvi's disappointment. "He just got mad that someone was serenading me, and our paths may separate. He got up and walked over there to the park bridge," said Raavi pointing to the spot few yards away.

"Then?" asked Akash, curiously.

"I went after him, and I hugged my Shiva," said Raavi, looking up at Shiva, intertwining their hands and squeezing them tightly. She knew he was reliving the bittersweet day from twenty years ago. Looking back, that day was so special to them, started by Shiva giving her a gift in deep, pure teenaged love, and ended by Raavi going to her Shiva, not realizing why, just compelled by her need to be in his arms. Forever.

"Why were you angry? What were you thinking at the park bridge, Shiva Kaka? Were you jealous?" asked Jhanvi eagerly. She loved hearing of the details of Shiva and Raavi's marriage.

Shiva smiled, looping an arm around his Raavi's neck, pulling her into a tight side hug. "I was thinking about my Raavi, my north star. I was thinking, there wouldn't ancient Egypt without Nile, even the Somnath temple lies at the meeting of three rivers...there wouldn't be Shiva without his Raavi," before kissing her on the beach.

"Is that how Hetal Kaki got the picture of the two of you hugging by the bridge?" asked Dhruv, thinking back to the photo in his parents' room.

Raavi nodded, "Your Kaki is just the most amazing best friend ever. She even recorded our Grad Excursion and she has great videos of our high school...which we will show you when you are older," said Raavi quelling Jhanvi's pleas with her hand. "Hetal Kaki has done so much for us, helping me and your Papa without expecting anything in return. That's why she is your godmother."

"I love Sejal too, Papa. She is my best friend like Sofia and Ruby," said Krittika, holding her parents' hands referring to her favorite show, Sofia the Princess.

Walking on the beach, Shiva and Raavi chatted with their kids, answering questions about their life. As they wandered on the shores of Somnath beach she was transported to the magical day when she had been in Grade 12. Unable to help self, she impulsively ran into the sea, extending her arms out and letting out a whoop of excitement. She was so happy and loved. Her heart was so content, and she was truly at peace with herself.

Copying her mother, Krittika took off her shoes, ran and jumped in the water, letting out screams of excitement, and joy. "Papa, look, I found a shell!"

When Shiva came by to inspect her treasure, she dropped sand in his hands, laughing uncontrollably, "Papa, I fooled you! It was a joke!" In return, he grabbed her, threw her in the air, and spun her around, making her laugh and shriek in glee.

                      Dhara was pacing back and forth in her room, awaiting a call from Shiva and Raavi, who ultimately were still her most willful kids. As she was mentally scolding them, her phone rang, a call from Shiva.

Finally.

"Kahan ho tum log? Na ghar pe ho, aur toh aur, apne bachche ko bhi bhagake le gaye... I miss Krittu," said Dhara irately without taking a breath.

Speaking to Shiva, her eyebrows knitted together in worry, then annoyance. "Ok, we'll meet you there," said Dhara, before getting dressed and going downstairs to the aangan.

"Humare bachchon ne hadd kardi Maa, Gaumbi!" called out Dhara, fastening her earrings, running down the stairs to the aangan. "Paach ghanton se Shiva, Raavi aur unke teen bandar gayab hai. Shiva ne abhi karke kaha ki directly BlueFox Resort jo Somnath beach ke paas hai, wahin milo..."

It was 6 PM, and the whole Pandya family was gathered in the aangan dressed up in beautiful, embroidered sarees and sherwanis without knowing too many details of their evening ahead just that there was a party organized by Shiva and Raavi.

Shaking his head, "Dhara, sab log, chalo, warna pata kaise chalega, kya scene hai?" said Gaumbi.

"Mujhe lagta hai, surprise party hai jo Shiva aur Raavi ne plan kiya hai," said Rishita, fixing up her pastel yellow saree with delicate silver embroidery.

"Chalein?" asked Dev, coming into the house, "Maa ko maine ghadi main bhaita diya hai."

                "Wow! Itni sundar jagah hai," said Dhara looking around in amazed and in awe. When the Pandya family had arrived at BlueFox Resorts, Vasu at met them at the entrance gates and brought them to a small but well manicured garden, overlooking the park bridge, which connected the resort to the Somnath Beach. The garden had a beautiful square, open roof freestanding pergola; an archway in the garden covered with beautiful climbing and trailing plants.

Dhara and the rest of the family took in the red carpet leading up to the pergola and the chairs laid out for a small intimate gathering.

"Kya hai ye sab?" asked Rishita, taking in the beautifully decorated garden, fairy lights, lanterns, the sun's dimming light, gentle breeze from the sea giving the place an out-of-a-magazine feeling.

"This looks so magical," said Radha, as she walked in with Vihaan, Aarya, Rohan mesmerized by the beauty of the small yet beautiful garden.

Confused, the Pandya family walked around before huddling in a corner, "What is happening? This place is too beautiful for just a party. Do you really think it's just a party?" asked Dev quizzically, as everyone else shrugged. Raavi was unpredictable, who knew what she had planned.

Before the kaand prone Pandya family could seek answers, Vasu came along, "Aap log mere saath paanch minute aayenge?"

"Haan, lekin Shiva aur Raavi kahan hai, woh toh batao?" said Gaumbi, wheeling his mother along.

"Ruko zara! Abhi pata chalega!" said Vasu, a tad nervously, as he took them inside the BlueFox resorts, giving vague, evasive answers.

"Bas! Bahot ho gaya yaar Vasu. Dus minute se ek hi ballroom ka chakkar kaat rahe hain. Main toh heels main hoon, how rude! Tujhe kuch bhi nahi pata, ya phir tu natak kar raha hai, gadheda. Main bahar jaa rahi hoon... aur Raavi ko dhundne jaa rahi hoon," snapped Rishita, impatiently, fed up with Vasu.

Everyone followed Rishita and walked out, leaving Vasu to chase after them, yelling "Ruko, please!"

Muttering under her breath about Vasu's irritating tactics, Rishita stomped her way back to the garden, the rest of the family hastily followed her, trying to keep up with her pace. Stepping back into the garden, Rishita stopped dead in her tracks, her arms extended out halting the Pandya family. To say the family was shell shocked, silenced beyond belief would be an understatement. They looked at each other, the pergola, rest of the garden back at each other...so, this is what Shiva and Raavi had planned.

"Welcome to our Mama and Papa's wedding!" said Dhruv, grinning, showering petals all over them.

At the complete lack of response from their family, "Its their re-marriage on their fifteenth anniversary," said Akash helpfully.

One by one, they recovered themselves, the initial shock fading, looking at each other in sheepish realization.

Oh.

Dhara, Rishita, Gaumbi, Dev, Krish, Keerti, Suman Maa chuckled, waving away the falling flowers. Coming up behind his boys, Shiva threw his arm around Dhruv and Akash, "Hello! Surprise kaisa laga!" asked Shiva, bending to touch his mother's and his brother's feet. "Pichli baar, Chipkali aur maine sab kuch gadbad kar diya, toh iss humare fifteenth anniversary pe humne socha, hum phirse shaadi karenge."

Letting out a low sob, "This is perfect," whispered Dhara, hugging Shiva, who in many ways was her first child. The most willful one, but he had always given her so many reasons to be so proud of him. Her pride and joy. "Kitna handsome lag raha hai... ye wohi teri shaadi ka sherwani hai na? Bahot hi pyara lag raha hai, Shiva."

"Papa mujhse zyada handsome nahi hai, Dhara Kaki," said Dhruv, teasing his father.

"Nautanki! Tu toh apne Papa ka carbon copy hai," said Dhara, ruffling Dhruv's hair. It was true, at twelve years old, Dhruv with his wavy hair, same muscular build was Shiva reincarnated. They had the same mannerisms, the same high-energy personality, often having the same reactions to food that just warmed Dhara's heart. "Whenever I feel that time flies too quickly and my Shiva is all grown up, I look at you and feel all better. You look so much like your Papa!"

"Sorry, Dev and Rishita, iss baar humne anniversary hijack kar liya," winked Shiva, going on to explain that their kids were asking so many questions about their lives before they were born. So, one afternoon, Dhruv and Jhanvi were bemoaning they wished they could have been alive for their wedding, it had sparked the idea to plan an elaborate surprise wedding.

"Tabhi ye Vasu humein gol gol ghuma raha tha!" said Rishita pulling Vasu's ears.

"OW! Ji Rishita Bhabhi, mujhe aap sab ko bhagana tha taaki hum Pandit ko andar laa sake aur unki taiyaari shuru ho sake," whimpered Vasu, rubbing his ears.

"Toh kab hai shaadi?" asked Gaumbi, still shaken by the surprise.

"Muhurat 7:30 PM ko hai, abhi aadhe ghanta baaki hai," said Shiva. "Chipkali, BlueFox Resorts ke Room 109 main taiyaar ho rahi hai. Ye lijiye Bhabhi, extra room card."

               "Raavi?" said Dhara, pushing the door open and stepping into Room 109. She was getting dressed; fixing her red velvet chunni, adjusting her jewellery and as usual Hetal was standing around chatting.

"Dhara Di, Rishita," said Raavi going to hug them, "Aap log aagaye. I am so glad you are here."

"You look stunning! Aacha hai, teri shaadi ka joda abhi bhi fit ho raha hai," chuckled Rishita.

"Kyun nahi hoga, Rishita, maine pura ek hafta dieting kiya tha!" quipped Raavi.

"Bahot hi pyari lag rahi hai...aur ye sahi hai, khud ki shaadi ka planning, sab kuch khud kiya, aur humein pata bhi nahi chala," said Dhara, whacking Raavi lightly across her temple. She was so happy for Shiva and Raavi, getting re-married on their fifteenth anniversary, being happy, and enjoying themselves, the way they would have liked to be all those years ago, but for their circumstances.

"Shiva kaisa lag raha hai?" asked Raavi, unable to contain her excitement.

"Sad and ugly," quipped Rishita sardonically, teasing Raavi.

Before Raavi could retort, "Kaki, Kaki, look at me, I am wearing my dress," said Krittika, and Sejal quipped, "Me too."

Both the girls held hands and twirled around, showing off their identical outfits. Yesterday, Raavi and Hetal took their little girls to the mall and they got matching outfits; a sleeveless pale pink flower girl dress, inspired by Sofia the Princess. Today, Krittika insisted on wearing her favorite tiara, rhinestones on the outer corners of her eyelids and Raavi's lip gloss.

"Both of you look so pretty! I love your outfit, my angels," said Dhara, bending down to kiss both girls. "I think its so cute that Hetal and Raavi's baby girls are also best friends."

Hetal came up to hug Raavi from behind, "Ye toh hona hi tha, Chipkali ki beti, choti chipkali peecha thodi chodti..."

"I love you, Hetal, aur main aur meri beti toh tera peecha chodne se rahi... pann tu camera laayi hai na? aaj tujhe hi sab kuch record karna hai," said Raavi hugging her best friend.

Groaning, Hetal said, "I don't know why I let you convince me into crazy harebrained schemes." Last week, Raavi had come up with the idea to see if Hetal's old camera was working so she could record and capture their wedding, and as usual before Hetal knew it, she had been convinced to agree to Raavi's plan.

Clearing her throat, Jhanvi looked up from the bed, "Mowgli texted me from Shiva Kaka's phone, he is coming over," she said, self-importantly, "Are you ready Kaki? You used the waterproof mascara, right? Because you cry all the time."

Jhanvi received a cell phone a month ago and since then, she had unofficially assumed the role of wedding planner, taking joy and pride in sending and receiving texts, and bossing adults around, especially Mowgli.

On cue, Dhruv showed up with Akash, as if Jhanvi had conjured them. "Wait! I need to make sure you aren't dirty. Raavi Kaki is wearing white lehenga... and I can't allow to you spoil it," said Jhanvi, pushing her pink glasses up her nose, and inspecting her best friend.

Dhruv rolled his eyes, "Jaanu, tera bahot ho raha hai. I am clean! Look, I am even wearing sneakers, not flip-flops."

Jhanvi shook her head, stubbornly, inspected Dhruv head to toe, much to Raavi, Hetal, Dhara and Rishita's amusement before she let him inside. She not-so-subtly reminded him of the one time he spilled soda all over himself in her room and used her prized red shirt to clean the floor.

Rubbing his chin, "Mama, iss Chashmish Jaanu ka bahot ho raha hai. Ek din isko main aache se sabak sikhaunga."

Shaking her head, Raavi kissed his forehead, "Is Papa ready?"

Dhruv nodded, "Papa is ready and all the guests, including Hetal Kaki and Arjun Kaka's parents, Jaanu's parents, Ronny Uncle, Shanti and Vimla Kaki from the Sabarmati Ashram are here too."

Hearing her father's name, Krittika jumped, "Can I go see Papa? Please?"

"Jhanvi, why don't you and Krittu go to Shiva? Krittu baby, give Papa an extra hug from me, ok?" whispered Raavi, her heart beating faster by the second willing herself to believe, she was getting re-married to her bandar. Finally. Finally. Finally.

                 "PAPA!" exclaimed Krittika, spotting Shiva with Dev, Gaumbi, Krish and Arjun chatting under the pergola, waiting for the ceremony to start. Hugging his legs, she looked up at him, "I am wearing make-up like a grown up," yipped Krittika, as Shiva took her in his arms, kissing her cheeks.

"You look so pretty, princess, just like your Mama," said Shiva, hugging his daughter. Touching the rhinestones near her eyes, "What's this sweetie pie?" asked Shiva.

"Papa, its diamonds," said Krittika innocently.

"What! Wow! Tu toh mera heart fail karegi, Krittu!" said Shiva, clutching his heart dramatically, as she burst into a fit of shy giggles. "Papa ko kiss do!" said Shiva.

Krittika puckered her lips, "No, Papa, I am wearing lipstick." Nodding in understanding, Shiva tickled her, and kissed her instead until her laughter echoed in the garden. His sweet Chipkali baby.

Shiva was jolted out of their little world, when the air around them stilled and infused with the essence of his wife. Raavi was here. He let his daughter down, and looked straight ahead, as did the guests to find his Chipkali at the end of the red carpet with Dhruv, Akash on either side. It really was happening. He was getting re-married to his chipkali. Finally. Finally. Finally.

The music slowly weaved its way through the evening air, as she gave him a wobbly smile and blew him a flying kiss. He caught and pressed her kiss to his heart. I dedicate every heartbeat to you, sweetheart. I will never want anything more than I want you.

Aaj sajeya ae ve

Saara seher

Aaj hogayi aa ve

Rab di meher

Raavi looked at Shiva holding their daughter's hand, waiting for her to come to him. She intertwined her left hand with Dhruv's and right hand with Akash's and began walking down the red carpet. I dedicate every heartbeat to you, bandar. I promise to always place your happiness above mine.

Khushiyan Da Chadeya Ajj Vela Ve

Saare Aan Ne Nachana Saare Aan Ne Gauna Ve

Shiva watched as Raavi walked down the red carpet with their boys; he felt the familiar sting of emotion prick his eyes, as he dabbed the corner of his eyes. He chuckled as his boys feet picked up the peppy beat of the music, and started dancing ahead of Raavi, clearly happy and excited to be part of their re-marriage.

Khushiyan Da Chadeya Ajj Vela Ve

Saare Aan Ne Nachana Saare Aan Ne Gauna Ve

Raavi stopped in front of him, blinking away her tears. She looked around; the Pandit chanting prayers, pouring ghee into the holy fire. She waved to their small gathering of guests, smiled at her family, her best friends. She hugged her sons on either side and kissed their daughter sandwiched between them. She was overwhelmed with love in everyway, most importantly, with the all-encompassing tender love she saw in Shiva's eyes, just for her. All she could manage was a hoarse, "Bandar."

Hugging her, "Chipkali, tujhe yaad hai, maine pandra saal pehle Port City FC ke final soccer match main bola tha, hum phirse shaadi karenge?" he whispered, kissing her tears away.

"Well... that day is here, sweetheart and you look stunning. In fact, you are too beautiful to cry. Pandra saal pehle bola tha, koi naya hobby dhund le."

Aakhiyan Cho Digg De Hanju Khusiyan De

Teri Ban Jaana Ajj Toh Sajjna Ve

Letting out a low watery chuckle, she whispered, "I am wearing waterproof mascara," and she looped her arms around his neck, stood on her toes to kiss his eyes absorbing the wetness and kissed his lips, much to the Pandit's exasperation.

He gave Suman a stern look for allowing her daughter-in-law to openly kiss despite being the matriarch of the family. But she just shrugged, "Meri bahu public pappi main expert hai. Kissi ka nahi dekhti, bas phatak se de deti hai."

Aakhiyan Cho Digg De Hanju Khusiyan De

Teri Ban Jaana Ajj Toh Sajjna Ve

Giggling Raavi let Shiva go reluctantly, so they could stand in front of the holy fire to begin their marriage ceremony. The Pandit said, "Varmala pehenaiye."

Smiling, Shiva took the garland to loop around Raavi's neck, only for Dhruv and Akash to jump in between creating a hurdle. Krittika yelled, "Go Papa! Try again!"

"You think so, Krittu?" asked Shiva, conversationally. As he tried again, Dhruv and Akash, along with Arjun lifted Raavi causing her to squeal in laughter, before crying again. Her sweet boys were old enough to carry her on their shoulders.

Khushiyan Da Chadeya Ajj Vela Ve

Saare Aan Ne Nachana Saare Aan Ne Gauna Ve

Laughing ecstatically, Krittika said, "Papa, let me try too, please," clearly thinking this was a game. Shiva readily took her in his arms, and together they held the varmala.

"On the count of three, ok?" said Shiva locking in his target, Raavi. "1, 2....2.5...3 Go!" whispered Shiva, and together Krittika and him leapt forward to loop the varmala around Raavi's neck.

"YAY! We did it, Papa!" exclaimed Krittika, giving him a high-five. As Shiva's attention diverted for a few seconds, Raavi leaned to repay the gesture and tossed the varmala around Shiva.

"Uh-oh! Mama did it too!" said Krittika, puzzled as everyone laughed.

Khushiyan Da Chadeya Ajj Vela Ve

Saare Aan Ne Nachana Saare Aan Ne Gauna Ve

Taken aback by the excitable kids, Pandit gruffly said, "Dulha, Dulhan haath aage kijiye," As he began chanting prayers, as old as time, Raavi looked at Shiva taking in her sons sitting beside her, their daughter sitting on Shiva's lap. Everything I am, I give it to you, my Shiva. I know you will love me till end of time and beyond.

The Pandya family and the small gathering of guests adoringly looked on as Shiva and Raavi completed ritual after ritual affirming their love and commitment to one another. Amidst the symbolic chants and prayers to the holy fire, Shiva leaned sideways to whisper, "Tu itna rohegi toh pehle aur iss shaadi ke photos main koi farak nahi dikhega, gadhedi."

Chuckling, "Tu bandar ka bandar hi rahega, Shiva," as he wiped her eyes and kissed her forehead. You always will be my soul's wife, my deepest desire and my reason to live.

Clearing his throat, Pandit said, "Phere ke liye khade ho jayiye." As they got ready to take pheras, Shiva hooked their pinky fingers together, murmuring, "I missed doing this fifteen years ago. Shiva aur Raavi ki team kabhi haar nahi sakti."

Raavi kissed their interlocked fingers to re-affirm their vows of lifelong commitment, undying devotion and eternal love.

Witnessed by Dhruv, Akash and Krittika, along with the big brood of Pandya family, Shiva and Raavi circled the holy fire, remembering every significant moment they spent together. They remembered all of their firsts; their first hug, their first kiss, so many of their lasts, the birth of their children, knowing every step they took since their childhood led them to this moment, to bind them in an eternal knot of marriage that no god or being could break.

They completed their pheras acknowledging the most important relationship in their lives was borne out of their marriage. A bond that would be everlasting and strengthen their intent to stay together through thick and thin of life, to tell a story of life well lived that would stand the test of time, until they met in the skies as each other's north stars.

"I love you, Shiva."

"I love you Raavi."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 2.1K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
169K 5.7K 24
"I love her. I know my Priya will come back to me. My Piya-" "She is married" Irfan's words felt like a stab in my heart. As he stated the fact, it f...
41.8K 1.5K 15
All his life shiva pandya was told that he dose not deserves any love, and that no one will love him ever except his bhabhi and his brother.. And he...
42.1K 1.6K 16
Shiva now manaaofying raavi