All Our Favorite Songs • Rona...

De sofawritesstuff

Music can reach parts of the brain that words can't. So when two friends bond over their favorite songs... wh... Mai multe

1. Africa
3. It's The End Of The World As We Know It
4. Space Oddity
Final Authors Note
I lied, ANOTHER Authors Note ;)

2. Head Over Heels

422 7 5
De sofawritesstuff

Nancy's POV

As the sun shined through my window, my eyes fluttered opened. I lay there for a moment, trying to grasp what happened last night. I kissed Robin Buckley. I KISSED ROBIN BUCKEY. Just the thought of kissing her made my heartbeat race. I gently turned my head to find Robin snuggled up next to me, arm draped over my chest. She's adorable. I considered staying there, because it was comfy, but my leg was also asleep. I gently grabbed her wrist, placed it next to her, then got out of bed. I tiptoed out of my room, then gently closed the door. Once I was out of earshot and down the stairs, I instantly unleashed all the excitement and pent up emotions. I shook my hands and quietly squealed, bouncing up and down. Once I was done, I took a deep breath to compose myself, and walked towards the kitchen to start breakfast.

I wasn't expecting anyone to be home, which is why I jumped when Mike was standing at the doorway. "Nancy, what the hell was that," he asked skeptically, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. "Mike, I thought you were with your friends?" I breathed. "That didn't answer my question, though," Mike responded. "It's nothing, really," I insisted, leaning against the counter. "Oh really?" he said. "Yes," I growled. He narrowed his eyes, then shrugged, heading down the stairs towards the basement.

"Jesus Christ," I whispered to myself. Why didn't I just tell him? He's my brother, he'd love me unconditionally... right? I turned around, and opened the refrigerator to try to scrounge up ingredients for breakfast. "Jeez, how long has it been since we last got groceries," I groaned, reaching into the back of the refrigerator. I found nothing in the fridge, so I  poked around for about five minutes in the pantry too. "Nothing," I breathed. "How..." Guess we're going out. Time to wake up Robin, I guess. I gently closed the pantry door, sighed, then started heading upstairs to wake her up.

When I opened the door, she was still fast asleep, but now she was curled up in a ball, and had knocked my comforter onto the floor. I laughed softly before picking it up and placing it back on top of her. I sat back down on the bed cross-legged, and gently shook her shoulder. I leaned down towards her ear, and moved a strand of her hair to the side. "Robin," I whispered. "Time to wake up. We're gonna go get breakfast." It took a few seconds, but she eventually stirred and opened her eyes. She slowly sat up, and I scooted over so she had room to stretch. "Morning sleepyhead," I smiled softly. She leaned over and placed her head on my shoulder, letting out a deep yawn. "Morning," she said quietly. God her voice is so satisfying. I began running my fingertips through her hair, and Robin started humming a tune. We sat like that for a few minutes before Robin decided to get up. "Can I borrow some clothes? I forgot to bring some," she asked. I nodded, and pointed her towards my closet. "Take whatever you need." She thanked me, then went to my closet to get some stuff. "You need to change?" she asked while she dug through my closet. "Yeah, just toss me whatever," I responded. She nodded, then continued. A few moments later, she emerged with a sweater and jeans for herself, and a flannel shirt and jeans for me. "Thanks Robbie," I smiled. Robin chuckled, before heading out the door towards the bathroom to change.

She returned a few minutes later, and we grabbed our stuff to head out. "Should we bring Mike? Or will he be fine by himself?" Robin asked as we descended the stairs. He'll be fine. Besides, it'll be just the two of us. "He'll be fine, I'll leave him some money to get some pizza or something." I dug a ten dollar bill out of my wallet and placed it on the counter, then turned back around. "Mike, we're leaving! I left you some money on the counter for food!" I called down the stairs. It took a moment, but he responded by yelling "Okay weirdo." I rolled my eyes and Robin laughed, then we made our way out of the house.

The second we got into my car, it started pouring. "Aw, come on!" I whined. "Don't worry princess, a little water won't hurt you," Robin teased. I rolled my eyes, then stuck my keys in the ignition to start the car. The engine roared to life, and my car rattled for a moment before calming down. "I hate driving in the rain," I sighed. I put the car in reverse, carefully pulled out of the driveway, then took off down the street.

"So," Robin asked as we entered the restaurant. "Why me?" I laughed, then turned to her. "What? "Why would you like me? You have infinite possibilities, and you chose a loser band kid." "Well," I started, sitting down at the table across from Robin. "You're smart. You're REALLY smart. You're really funny, you always know how to make people feel better." I placed my hands on top of hers across the table, rubbing them with my thumb. "You're really caring, you put everyone else before you." Robin gazed into my eyes in silence, waiting for me to finish. "That's why," I smiled. Robin got up from her side of the booth, and joined me on my side. "Dang, I wasn't expecting you to go deep," she laughed. "You could've just said because." "Well," I smiled, bumping her with me elbow, "you deserve to be serenaded with compliments." She giggled quietly before placing her head on my shoulder.

As we sat, waiting for our food, I looked around the restaurant. Flashing LED lights lining the ceiling, vinyl records mounted on the wall. My eyes were particularly drawn to a woman sitting at the counter. She wasn't doing anything specific; just leaned over reading the newspaper. She had short, dyed pink hair, and her ears were double-pierced. Wow, she's so cool... I wish I could be that confident. I wish I didn't have to hide who I was... "Whatcha thinking about?" Robin asked, sitting up. "Nothing..." She nodded, then stretched her arms to yawn. "Alright girls," the waiter said as they approached, waffles in hand. "Here ya go! Enjoy." "Thanks!" Robin smiled. The waiter nodded, then retreated into the kitchen. We ate in silence; we had already said everything that needs to be said. It was a comfortable silence, though. Once we were both done eating, I payed the bill and left a hefty tip on the table before we were back on the road again.

ROBIN'S POV

As I dug through Nancy's CD collection, I realized that her music taste is... surprisingly diverse. She's got everything from Madonna to Tears for Fears, the soundtrack of Footloose to KISS. I ended up settling on "Songs from the Big Chair" by Tears for Fears, so I slid it into the CD played and clicked play. The music played in the background as we drove, making small talk as we did so.

"Hey... can you help me with something?" Nancy asked. "Of course," I said, turning to her. Now obviously, she couldn't look at me while she was driving, but I still looked at her. "Can you help me tell everyone?" About what? "About me... liking girls. About liking you." "Of course," I said, placing my hand on her leg gently. "I'm always here to help you." It took me a few seconds to realized what I'd done before I recoiled. Shit, why'd I do that. Stupid Robin. I could tell Nancy noticed because she frowned slightly when I moved my hand away. "You want me to take you home?" Nancy asked. I don't want to... but I probably need to. I have homework and stuff to do, and I forgot to tell mom I was leaving... "Yeah, if you wouldn't mind," I responded. She nodded, then the rest of the ride was silent, except for the rain drops pattering on the windshield.

When we pulled into my empty driveway, the rain had sped up and it was all we could see. "Uh, I don't think it's safe to go outside," Nancy commented. "Yeah, me neither." I laughed. So, we sat in Nancy Wheeler's car and watched the rain. As we watched, "Head Over Heels" began playing. I turned to Nancy and smiled. "This is one of my favorite songs EVER, next to Just Like Heaven and Jessie's Girl." "Really? I didn't have you pegged as a Tears for Fears girl," Nancy joked. "Full of surprises, aren't I?" I laughed, turning to put on my jacket. God, that was stupid. I looked over at Nancy to find her staring at me, head in her hands. "What?" I laughed. "You're so pretty," she said, smiling softly. "No," I said, "You are." I looked into her eyes, then down at her lips and back. Nancy carefully cupped my cheek with her hand before pulling me closer. This time, she didn't stop. She didn't think or start to second-guess herself. She smiled once more before kissing me. It felt like pure bliss; exactly like the first time. The world faded, all we could focus on was each other. I could feel her eyelashes brush against my face. I could taste the lingering of that stupid lemon chapstick she always uses. I could feel her heartbeat. It was all her. Nothing else existed, not to me.

What felt like ages was seconds later when we pulled away. "Do you wanna... come inside?" I asked. "So you don't have to drive home in the rain?" She thought for a moment before nodding. "Yeah... do you think we could bring Steve over though? So I can come out to him?" Nancy asked. "Of course, I'll call him when we get inside." We sat in the car for a few moment before I popped open the door, and Nancy did the same. I peeked over the top of the car, and Nancy was locking the door, so I took my chance. "Race you!" I yelled, starting to sprint away. "Robin!" As I ran through the rain, I quickly glanced behind me to find Nancy hot on my heels. I skid to a stop on the porch, whirling around. Nancy ran up a moment later, hands on her knees. "Jeez, Nance, are you dying?" I laughed. She shook her head, then took a deep breath. "You really are a weird runner," she laughed between breaths. Yep, took me six months longer to walk than the other babies. "Okay, Speedy Gonzales," I said, reaching out my hand for her to take, to which she accepted. "Let's go call Steve and get him to get his butt over here. We're gonna do this together, okay?" Nancy smiled, then I led her into the house towards the phone.

NANCY'S POV

"Okay," I said walking into the room, wiping my hands. "I called him, he's on his way. Told him I was pregnant so he'd get here faster." "Nancy!" Robin laughed. "That's so cruel!" I just chuckled and plopped down onto the couch next to Robin, who threw her arm around my shoulder. It was only a few seconds before we heard a car screech into the driveway and a door slam. Steve didn't even knock, he just busted down the door and ran into the room. "NANCY WHAT DID YOU DO?" he exclaimed. "Dude chill, she was kidding," Robin laughed. His face dropped, and he frowned. "Not cool bro. Not. Cool." "Now that you're here," Robin said. "Take a seat my friend!" Steve raised an eyebrow, but complied anyway, sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of us. "So Steve," I started, nervously scratching the back of my neck. Why am I so scared? He's one of my best friends... I shouldn't be. "I've had a realization recently..."

••••••••••••
HAHA CLIFF HANGER

anyway hope y'all are enjoying this! I'm fairly certain this little thing will end soon, most likely within two or three chapters.
- Sofa <3

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.3K 104 11
Alex Malfoy and Hermione Granger couldn't be any more different. Alex Malfoy is well-known around Hogwarts for two reasons, her beauty and her fights...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
9.8K 276 20
𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐀𝐔. ❝WHY WERE YOU ZOOMING AROUND THE STORE IN A SHOPPING CART LIKE A MORON?❞ In which Jennifer's car of life crashes to a jinx...
654K 33.1K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...