How I got Engaged with A Star...

By _yerina

[š˜—š˜¢š˜±š˜¦š˜³š˜£š˜¢š˜¤š˜¬ š˜°š˜Æ š˜ˆš˜®š˜¢š˜»š˜°š˜Æ & š˜‰&š˜•] Winter Kim had no interest in celebrities until she herself go... More

one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
final chapter
āœØļø Paperback available āœØļø

two

10.7K 496 57
By _yerina

Kindly vote all chapters for bald hair~ 👩🏻‍🦲✨️😎

"You'll marry my best friend's daughter next week", her mother continued and it succeed to leave a great shock to Winter. Her mouth was wide agape and her eyes is open.

Marriage?

Next week???

Her mother wasn't joking, right?

"Mom! What are you---"

"Listen, Winter. I know, and I'm sorry. But listen, honey. Her daughter also needs someone to be with her. She also had her reason, and yes her daughter agreed with the marriage because she didn't want to end up with a hilarious scandal in her career. We agreed that if the marriage doesn't work in 3 months, you guys can call it an end. It's more like a contract marriage, and it's a win-win situation for both sides. For you, and her".

"W-Wait, mom. Scandal? What scandal? What kind of career did your friend's daughter even do?", not just hit by the sudden contract arranged marriage that Winter slightly feels okay with it. But the most panic came from this unknown girl that soon she need to marry.

Scandal? Why in the world does this world look so scary to her right now?

"Her daughter was a businesswoman. Did you ever heard of Karina Yu?"

"Is it her??!", Winter immediately get up from her bed in shock. This was a bomb. A real bomb.

"Oh, so you knew her? I heard from my friend that Karina was pretty famous there in Korea. Is it true?"

Winter was left unfazed by her mother's statement. So it's true? It's really Karina Yu? That Karina Yu that was all over the TV? That Karina Yu that her classmate keeps talking about? That Karina Yu that her cousin Aeri loved? That Karina Yu? For real???

"Mom... tell me this is a joke...", Winter felt sick right now. Getting married all of sudden was already shocking but married to Karina Yu? She felt like she just want to disappear right now.

"No, it wasn't Winter. Your father and I will be headed to Korea in two days for all of the preparations. You'll meet the Yu family in three days so be prepared okay. Trust me, Winter, I've met Karina once in LA and she was a nice person"

....

3 days later...

"Aeri, please tell me this was all a dream..."

Winter was already in her one-piece short dress, with light make-up on. Her parents were waiting for her at the restaurant they reserved for the family meet-up and gladly her make-up succeed to cover her eyebags from the nervousness of not sleeping at all last night.

"No! It wasn't! Now go out there! Fetch a cab, and don't forget to tell Karina that I was her fan!", Aeri said full of enthusiasm. Her cousin know about this since Aeri was her family.

Winter just nodded her head weakly and later headed towards the front door where her aunt and her uncle were waiting for her. Both put their hands up like they are trying to cheer Winter up and Winter could only give them a little fake smile on her face.

She never imagines this.

And what she means by that is to be engaged with Karina Yu.

"Have a good day sweetie~", her aunt said as she waved Winter goodbye.

"Goodbye pals!", Aeri shouted.

"Don't forget to ask her for a sign!!!", she continued.

....

As soon as Winter arrived at the fancy restaurant her mother told her about, she was greeted by her father at the front door, and in a fast motion, he pulled her straight towards the table where everyone was already waiting for them. Winter could see her soon-to-be in-laws waving their hands happily toward her and yes they did look like good in-laws from Winter's eyes.

But Winter couldn't see Karina. Not because the older girl wasn't there, but it was because the position of where Karina was sitting back facing her and she could only see her back with her black raven hair.

"Welcome Winter~", Mrs. Yu greeted her politely and Winter greeted her back with her head down. After that, she took a seat beside her mother, which is across from Karina.

Now she could see Karina clearly from the front, and as soon as she saw her Winter thought that all pictures of Karina online were a scam.

She's much prettier than she is on the internet, and Winter admits it.

Karina was looking at her, with a little smile on her face. Winter wasn't sure if she sincerely smiling at her or not, but trusting her mother's words a few days ago that Karina Yu was a good person, Winter pushed her thoughts aside.

"So this is our daughter, Winter Kim"

"And this is ours, Karina Yu"

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Yu. Just call me Winter", Winter smiled back towards the in-laws, also towards Karina.

Later on, they have their dinner first before talking about the marriage. They would say that this marriage is only temporary. Winter's side is for her safety and Karina's side is for the crazy scandal. But both sides agree, that after 3 months, the marriage can continue permanently or break apart peacefully. They keep talking about marriage things until nothing more to discuss.

"Okay, so the wedding will be on Monday next week. The only family is invited, and I hope both of you were prepared for what comes later~", Mr. Yu explain and Winter and Karina just nodded their heads in agreement.

But just a few minutes later, the soon-to-be newlyweds were left alone by their parents at the dining table. They all faking said that they need to leave for a toilet rest, which both Winter and Karina could tell that it was a lie.

"I'm sorry to put you in this situation", Karina suddenly confessed while scratching her nape. Eyes never met Winter too long because Karina herself was shy with this.

"No, it's okay. I should be the one who needs to say sorry. But yeah, our parent's idea was kinda funny. I couldn't believe that they decided to marry us up to solve our problems~", Winter replied with a shy grin.

Both didn't dare to look into the eyes of each other that long. It was their first meeting and hell yeah it was a bit awkward, but it wasn't bad at the same time.

"So, did you even know me? Your mother said earlier that you weren't a big fan of celebrities"

"Yeah, it's true. But don't worry, cuz I know you. My cousin was your fan by the way~", Winter chuckled.

"Oh really?", Karina tried to react.

"Yes. Her name was Aeri, and she even asked me to come home with your signature. Silly, isn't she?", Winter shook her head remembering how Aeri's first reaction when she knew Winter gonna marry Karina. It was hilarious. Aero was crying at first because she was too shocked to accept the truth, but later on, the girl keep teasing Winter about Karina. Silly~

"I guess I'll meet her soon?"

"Yes, you will", Winter smiled. This time she finally had a good look into Karina's eyes, as they finally have a proper conversation. That time also Winter got to look in detail at what Karina wearing right now.

It's almost the same thing as her. One-piece short dress, with a different color and style. Winter just guessing they both had similarities in styles.

"Where are you studying right now?", Karina asked now in a more comfortable tone.

"I'm not a great student, but I got lucky to enter Korea University. I'm taking fine arts", Winter answered and Karina slowly nodded her head while her face told that she was amazed by the younger girl's achievement.

"Then, Winter. Are you okay... that we're gonna live together starting next week?", Karina asked sincerely and Winter could tell that her voice sound like she was concerned with Winter's point of view. To not let her worry, Winter, assured her with her little smile and her nods.

"As long as you're good to me, I'm fine with everything~"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 2.2K 20
Yu Jimin is an actress, but also a spy in disguise for the NIS. As she spying on a suspect for a drug dealing case, she was met by the fact that her...
3.7K 261 6
She's broke, yet she can shred. Kim Minjeong is fed up of working long hours in some run down convenience store that God knows where in Seoul, but wi...
51.7K 1.6K 17
Karina Yu, the one who Winter loved dearly had suddenly changed ever since she took over her father's business. She was never the same, she was contr...
81.4K 3.1K 23
When Winter transfers into an art high school, it messes up all Karina's thoughts, but she doesn't resist, because it's just lust, a sweet desire she...