Nightmare the dad

By Issybuzy

Helloooooo This book is pretty cringe, buts it's about Nightmare just being a dad, and how Nightmare's relat... More

Hi
Chap 1
Chap 2
Chap 3
Chap 4
Chap 5
Chap 6
Chap 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 14

216 10 5
By Issybuzy

Everyone is in the living room, of nightmare's mansion. Besides Nightmare, Who is out working.

"So, anyone got any ideas?" Dust asks unsure.

"I dunno. I thought you had one?" Killer replies.

"Well, I just, thought we should do something, I don't know what."

"O- I got one! How about we make a big feast." Horror exclaims.

"No, Horror." Both Killer And Dust say.

Dust: How about you Error?

"Eh- I dOn't knOw. I juSt mAke puppEts"

"and Cross?"

Hey, don't look at me. I don't know. Uh. Maybe chocolate. Or like a day where we don't.. destory...the mansion.

"Hm, you already know that's impossible, and Nightmare doesn't even like Sweet things."

"..."

"Ah, I got it! Errorrr. Can you please teach us how to Crochet?" Killer begs. His hands intertwined, in front of his chest as he leans forward towards Error.

Error blinks giving Killer that 'are you serious look'

"NOw, yOu waNt tO knoW How To crOchet. I thoUght 'onLy graNnies dO thaT' ." Error quotes, making Bunny finger gestures.

"I'm sorryyyy. I just got this awesome Idea, and I think Nightmare will really like it!"

"What is this idea anyway?" Dust asks.

Wellll, I was thinking.. We could make this really big blanket for Nightmare. Like a blanket ten times bigger than the blankets we have. Wouldn't that be so cool!"

Horror: "Woo.... Nightmare burrito."

Dust: "actually..I kinda like that idea. Guess not all your ideas are terrible Killer."

Cross: "I agree with Dust."

Killer: "Hey! What's that suppose to mea-!"

"Error can you teach us to crochet, you can exclude Killer if you want." Dust cuts in.

Error: "SuRe."

"Wha-?!"

***

Dust:  And the timer is set.

"Oh, this is going to be the best father's day gift." Killer exclaims excitingly.

Everyone was sitting on floor facing towards Error who was sitting on the couch. They all each had their own needles and cotton.

"So, what's first?" Cross asks.

Ok. So yOu takE a stRing of yarN, And makE a sLip knOt.. LikE tHis. Error demonstrates how to tie the specific knot.

Everyone copies Error. There are no complications.

"NoW yOu tAke youR neeDle And hOok thE yArn, theN moVe iT lIke thiS. ...
ONce yoU've donE tHat. YoU mUst dO a kiNd Of undEr aNd ovEr motioN. YOu seE?"

Everyone attempts to copy Error.

"I...I'm having a bit of trouble. Mmh" Dust speaks up. Trying to get the yarn to knit properly.

"Oh, hEre, leT mE heLp." Error walks up to Dust, and crouches down, then proceeds to take the crocheting equipment from Dust. Demonstrating to Dust how to Knit it "You seE. uNder aNd oVer, UnDer anD oVeR."

Dust stares at the movement of the needles. Watching as the click together, then takes them back into his hands, trying again. "I got it!" Dust exclaims after he successful crochets the yarn.

Horror: "Hey, I'm having some trouble too."

"I'lL bE rIght theRe HOrror."

***
5 and a half hours later

Everyone now has made 2 squares of yarn, having a quick break in between. In total there are 8 squares of yarn.

"C'mon this isn't nearly enough." Dust moans.

"I think the same." Cross continues. "Wouldn't we need more yarn to finish this?"

"And it's all in pieces! We're not going to give it to Nightmare like this, are we?" Killer exclaims.

ShUt, uP. Don'T bE stUpid noW. CrOchetinG takEs a lonG tIme. We're oBviously goinG To mAke moRe. AnD I wiLl be seWing tHe GraNnY sQuarEs togethEr mYself. I deLt yOu guyS cAn seW To savE yoUr lIfe -weLl besIdes CroSs. YoUr surprIsingly gooD aT tHis- KilLer doN't yoU ReMember thAt tiMe yoU triEd To seW a weIrd badGe On yoUr shIrt.

Killer stares daggers at Cross as Error speaks, when Error finishes, Killer, offensive, says.

EXCUSE ME. That badge was one of a kind. It'll probably be the only time their'll ever be selling those Knife Club badges in that size.

What'S so cOol aboUt the knIfe cluB anYway. AlL yOu Do iS cArry knifEs aNd raVe ovEr iT.

"Ah! I'm offended." Killer exclaims dramatically. Putting a hand over his chest.

"Can you guys stop. Boss is going to be back any minute now." Dust glares.

"Uh- sorry, heheh..." Killer replies avoiding eye contact.

"SigH..."

Horror: "I'm hungry."

Cross: "Me too."

Dust: "So am I. Let's go to Chick-fil-A."

"I haVe tO Go DeStroy." Shortly after Error says that, He makes a portal and walks through, as few variations of 'bye' fill the room.

***

"I'm Back." Nightmare exclaims loudly, letting everyone now he is home. "Sigh." They were really annoying today. I want to sleep.

"Heya boss" Dust replies, as he walks into the room. "Me, Horror and Killer just got some food. There's some leftover chicken in the fridge if you want."

"Thank you, Dust." Nightmare watches as Dust walks back up stairs. "See you around"

Odd. Nightmare thought as he went to the kitchen. They've been acting strange lately. I wonder what their planning. Especially since the kitchen isn't trashed. Cross hasn't even been taking any chocolate lately.

***
The next day

"EVERYONE! Down stairs now."

Everyone in the mansion goes to the meeting room. This includes, Dust, Horror, Cross and Killer. Error is currently in the antivoid.

"I know this meeting is unexpected, but there has been a huge spike of positivity. I will be leaving to check out the source. Well I'm busy I expect you all to behave, and not to leave the mansion. Do you understand."

"Yes, Boss." Everyone Says at the same time, besides Nightmare.

"Good. I estimate my return in about 3 days. You are dismissed."

The group give a few variations of understanding before leaving. Leaving Nightmare alone.

"I wonder what that was about." Killer questions, as he sits down on the living room couch.

"Hopefully nothing bad happens." Horror says after.

I'm sure he'll be fine. On the plus side we don't have to worry about Boss seeing the Father's Day gift. Dust says.

"Where's Error." Cross complains. "He should be here by now."

"..."

Error: "I'm bAck"

Dust: "About time."

Error: "WhatEver."

"Let's start alreadyyy."

***
2 days later

The group of skeletons have completed crocheting and sewing the blanket together. Now it was time to wait till the right time. Till Father's Day arrives.

***

The sound of a door opening can be heard. Nightmare has returned. 

"Nightmareee!!" Horror exclaims as he rubs out the kitchen. "Are you, Ok? You look really hurt."

"Hg.. It's.. fine.."

Nightmare had 2 positivity arrows on him. One on his leg and the other on his shoulder. There was also goop dripping all over the floor, he seemed smaller as well.

"Boss?- HOLY STARS, what happened to you. You look beat up." Killer says.

Dust and Cross run down the stairs, from the yelling, and sees Nightmares state.

"Hmn...That's not a pretty sight." Dust comments.

"Quick, let's get him to the infirmary!" Cross says.

Everyone nods their head in agreement besides Nightmare. Killer helps his boss get to the infirmary, while Horror runs ahead to get the necessary supplies. Cross goes outside to make sure nobody followed Nightmare, and Dust helping lead the way to the infirmary, opening doors for them and such.

This was standard procedure for when someone is hurt.

Once Nightmare got to the infirmary, he was sat down on a low bed, With white covers.

"Kay, Boss. This is gonna sting." Horror says as he puts on a pair of gloves before attempting to pull the arrow out.

"I've heard it all before. Shh. I swear the worst part of these stupid arrows is that I can't take them out myself." Nightmare hisses. While Horror pulls out the arrow.

"At this rate, we're gonna need a room for these arrows." Dust comments.

The three skeletons watch as Horror throws yet another Arrow into the 6th bucket.

The forth Skeleton being, Nightmare, watches as the negativity engulfing his body quickly covers up the hole the arrow pierced. He internally sighs in relief.

***

Nightmare has now been healed and everyone was now sitting around the dining table eating supper. As usual it was rather noisy. With the sound of chatter and, glass and metal clinging together, filling the room. It was a time for everyone to catch up. Nightmare mentions how he was ambushed during the inspection of the positivity source, and the gang spoke about the activities they'd done while he was gone. Not telling him about the present though.

Soon it was time for bed. Nightmare quickly sends them all to their rooms. Of course many being stubborn as it was only 9 o'clock. Nightmare was having non of it. He was tired.

***

The mansion is now silent. With only the breeze of the wind and the creaking of the old wood around.

***

Morning rises. Horror being the first to wake up. As usual he goes to the kitchen to cook breakfast for everyone. To his surprise, when he reaches the kitchen, Nightmare is already there.

"Morning ,Horror."

"Morning Boss!" Horror says, still slightly startled. "What?..what are you doing here?"

"Oh. Am I not alowed in my own kitchen anymore."

"N-No! I- I. That's not what I meant-"

"Hmm." Nightmare takes a sip out of a coffee mug, which has a picture of a dark purple octopus. The gang gave Nightmare it as a way to spite him. Him not liking being called an octopus. But despite his expected response towards the mug, he still uses it, oddly enough to Horror's confusion. Horror chose not to question it.

"I will be leaving now. I will be in my study room if I am needed."

***
1 hour later

Everyone besides Nightmare and Error is in the kitchen. All enjoying their waffles made by Horror.

"So," Killer asks before swallowing a bite of food. " when are we going to give Nightmare the gift?"

"Well today's Sunday, so Nightmare has the whole day off. Cross says." Although we are doing a food raid today. So maybe during the evening. We did miss Friday's Movie night. We can use that as an excuse to have one today. Meaning"

"Everyone will be together." Dust finishes off.

Cross: "Right."

Killer: "I like it. Horror can you tell Error the plan."

"Mhm!" Horror hums, as he eats his food.

"Great. Then the plan is set." Dust says.

"Ugh, I gotta go. Chara's being a bug again." Cross exasperates. " Can you shut UP."
Cross than yells at the air.

"Dust's Papyrus, PHANTOM. Can you get Chara to stop. I can't take this torture anymore." Cross yells desperate.

"Hahaahaahaha! STARS. Toby Fox, this- I-can't hahaaha. Jeez- this is the most hilarious thing I've seen you guys do yet." Dust laughs.

"Dust! Don't- Don't do THAT! Mmh!" Cross complains while pulling the middle finger.

Meanwhile, everyone is confused at what is going on, as no body other than Cross and Dust can see Ghosts.

"Guess you're gonna need more CROSSes, Cross." Dust snickers

"Hnnnn" Cross is right about fuming now. And all of a Sudden he lunges at Dust.

"Don't tell him to attack me! Traitors!" Dust yells now struggling on the floor with Cross on top of him.

"Don't fucking laugh!"

"What is going on?!?!?" Killer strains.

Munch*

Killer looks to the side seeing Horror eating popcorn next to him. "And when did you get popcorn!!?"

***

Everyone besides Nightmare is now in the lounge. Resting after a long day of work. Even Error was here.

"Stars! I'm so tired."  Killer speaks up.

"Yeah we sure did a lot today... .... ....Hey, Error you have the present right?" Cross says.

"YeS, I'vE plaCed iT In tHe aNtivoid." Error replies.

"Can someone call Nightmare down?" Dust asks.

Everyone immediately looks at Dust blankly.

Dust blinks before narrowing his eyes "Ok, ok. I'll do it." He then proceeds to sit up from the coach.

Everyone is a little nervous. For two reason. 1 wether or not Nightmare will like the gift, and 2. Nightmare.. is pretty strict when it comes to routine. So he probably won't like the gang forcing him into a movie Night, on a night where one shouldn't be.

Dust soon disappears up the stairs.

"I hope he'll like the present.." Horror speaks up.

"I'm sure he will. Plus the design you sewed on your part looks pretty good." Killer reassures, hiding the fact he's a bit nervous as well.

"Can we watch Pirates of the Caribbean." Cross asks, with a grin.

Killer: "No. We've watched it 8 times already. And who knows how much you have."

"Mmh." Cross grumbles.

^^with Dust^^

Knock, Knock*

"Come in" A voice speaks from the other side of the door.

Dust: "Heyy, Boss."

"Spit it out." Nightmare growls from behind his desk, an open book atop it.

"We're having a movie night tonight and we.. were wondering if you wanted to join...since we missed the last one.." Dust speaks, a bit nervous.

Nightmare stares at Dust intensely. "... you disturb me, to ask if I want to watch a movie."

"... .... ..."

"So. Got anything to say."

"..." there is only silence as Nightmare watches Dust intensely. Who is looking down towards their feet shuffling awkwardly.

... Huff, fine.. I will join you just this once.

"thank you." Dust whispers before quickly teleporting out of Nightmare's office.

Letting out a breathe that he didn't know he was holding.He looks around, seeing everyone looking at him in anticipation.

"He said 'yes'!"  Dust exclaimed, throwing a fist in the air, everyone cheered with victory in response.

Killer: "Let the movies begin!"

When Nightmare finally comes down, the group of skeletons began to bikker over what movie to watch. Eventually they landed on a Horror movie called, 'The Long Grass'.

With an assortment of snacks everyone settles down around the Television. While majority, being Killer, Cross, Horror and Dust sit on the couch. Nightmare chose to sit on the side seat, while Error sat on the floor.

Everyone now comfy, with blankets and pillows, the movie begins.

***

A yawn is heard, as the credits roll down the screen. "That was a great movie." Killer says.

variations of agreements fill the room.

"My favorite character is the dog!" Horror exclaims.

"Isn'T thE dOg thE reAson theY Got iN thAt mesS." Error points out.

"Mhm!" Horror says happily.

"I like your style Horror. my, favorite part was when the women got stabbed. That knife looked so sharp!" Killer adds.

"The movie was very interesting. The grass being used as a way to travel through time, and confuse the main characters is enjoyable to watch." Nightmare comments.

"Glad you liked the movie Boss." Cross says. He then looks toward everyone else and they all make a silent agreement.

"So... We wanted to give you something." Cross says.

"Yeah! It's this really cool present." Killer continues.

Nightmare intrigued "Go on."

"Sorry, you have to wait and see. Error?" Killer says, grinning.

"On iT" Error then opens a glitchy portal, supposedly into the anti-void. Then grabs something out.

Nightmare intrigued by this item, studies it. It was a rather large bag with a black background and white polkadots on it, with blue handles to carry the bag

Error, closing the portal, hands the bag to Horror.

"We, all tried really hard on it. So we hope you like it." Horror says.

"Happy Father's Day!" Everyone chimes in unison.

Horror gives the bag to Nightmare.

Nightmare's face is filled with bewilderment. I light almost unseeable blush is atop his face.

Nightmare- I understand that they may see me as a parental figure. And... I don't mind. I..I never expected them, to give me anything. A gift? For me. I would have never guessed. So this is what they've been up to.

Nightmare looks at the bag in his hand for a few moments, before a voice takes him out of his trance.

"Aren't you.. going to open it?" Dust asks.

"Yes." Nightmare, trying to keep a straight face, begins to open the bag. He sees something the shade, dark grey. But he is unable to see anymore than that inside the bag. He takes the item out of the bag. Taking into account the soft fabric it has. He unfolds the present. It drapes across him as he does so. He now realizes it is a blanket. A large one at that.

The size was around 2 meters in length and 1,5 meters in width. More than enough to fit 6 skeletons under it. It was dark grey in colour. With a light puperly blue outlining the blanket. On top the blanket were six designs. Each evenly spaced apart. One was a cracked boiled egg. The cracked part being black. Which Nightmare assumed to be Made by Horror.
Another was a sharp knife, with a sewed on glint to it. Most liking Killer. The third is a X mark. Rather obvious which one that was, as Nightmare looks towards Cross. Cross seemed a bit Squeamish, they make brief eye contact before Nightmare looks towards the blanket once more. The fifth design was two rectangles one black and one white, overlapping each other unevenly. To represent the glitching signs that Cover Error's body. And lastly the sixth. It was two bone attacks, one Blue and one white, crossing each other at the top. Most likely Dust.

Nightmare looks at the blanket contently. Holding it up with two tentacles. Blocking his whole entire frame from view of any other skeleton. Nightmare couldn't be happier. It was getting more difficult by the second to suppress his smile. The fact that no one could see him at the moment, made him break. And the most happiest and grateful smile you could ever see, was made.

Nightmare touches the soft fabric with his hand. He could feel each and every skeleton of his family, inside it. Nightmare thinking it is a sign of weakness, quickly Tries to suppress his smile again, Before folding the blanket up and having it being carried by his tentacle, behind him.

"Thank you." Nightmare says calmly. Not looking directly at the gang. Afraid that he might crack, if he does so. Nightmare quickly disappears, from view of the group of skeletons. But not before them seeing a small smile crack on Nightmare's face.

"He likes it!" Killer exclaims happily.

"I saw him smile!" Horror continues.

The gang celebrate in joy from the fact that Nightmare likes the present.

^^Meanwhile with Nightmare.^^

Nightmare teleports into his bedroom. A thing that only he can do. Putting a hand to his mouth, he tries to hide the large smile that decorates his face. God why is it so hard to contain. Nevertheless Nightmare couldn't be happier, he slowly brings his hand down.
With the night growing late, in a daze, Nightmare goes to bed, with a smile on his face.

————

——

————

Word count: 3138

Stars. That took so long to make. 3 times longer than my average chapter. I really hope you enjoyed it. Have a lovely afternoon, morning, or evening wherever you are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 234 25
The first "chapter" will have the rules and an A/N! That is because most people don't read the descriptions of books- 『••✎••』 WARNINGS Warni...
40.1K 2.4K 23
⪼A life where our beloved [Reader/REDACTED] died a very.. 'Fun' death. ⪼upon realizing their death, they'd realize that they reincarnated into error...
3.7K 107 14
Y/n is a young girl raised by herself. After the death of her birth Mother. and who she thought was here birth Father. she lives on her own for years...
164K 5K 40
Please for goodness heavens, don't comment if you're really young, I had to delete enough of cringy comments. Also please don't leave any suggestive...