The Tattoo Artist - PAPERBACK...

By MaFIABooks

PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! ❝You're mine. Understand? And if I see you look at a guy the same way you look at me, I'... More

AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter One | 'Don't hate the player, hate the game'
Chapter Two | 'Barking Up The Wrong Tree'
Chapter Three | 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place'
Chapter Four | 'It takes one to know one'
Chapter Five | 'Kill two birds with one stone'
Chapter Six | 'Back to Square One'
Chapter Seven | 'Beating Around the Bush'
Chapter Eight | 'Curiosity Killed The Cat'
Chapter Nine | 'Cry Over Spilled Milk'
Chapter Ten | 'A Dime a Dozen'
Chapter Eleven | 'Back to Square One'
Chapter Twelve | 'Get something out of your system'
Chapter Thirteen | 'Give someone the benefit of the doubt'
Chapter Fourteen | ' Cut To The Chase'
Chapter Fifteen | 'Cup of Joe'
Chapter Sixteen | 'A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted'
Chapter Seventeen | 'Time flies when you're having fun'
Chapter Eighteen | 'We'll cross that bridge when we come to it'
Chapter Nineteen | 'Your guess is as good as mine'
Chapter Twenty | 'A blessing in disguise'
Chapter Twenty One | 'Kill two birds with one stone'
Chapter Twenty Two | 'Rain on someone's parade'
Chapter Twenty Three | 'The devil is in the details'
Chapter Twenty Four | 'He's not playing with a full deck'
Chapter Twenty Five | 'Play devil's advocate'
Chapter Twenty Seven | 'He who laughs last laughs loudest'
Chapter Twenty Eight | 'Calm before the storm'
Chapter Twenty Nine | 'Go back to the drawing board'
Chapter Thirty | 'Through thick and thin, till the end'
Extra Chapter
Epilogue
Book 2 - The Untold Truth
Book Three - The Little Lie
PAPERBACK OUT NOW ON AMAZON
SAMPLE CHAPTER OF PAPERBOOK!

Chapter Twenty Six| 'Pull yourself together'

169K 4.4K 2.7K
By MaFIABooks

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

The bookcase with inky treasures adorned the quiet room, quiet in that sense of easy solitude and in the sense of gentle seaside hues, soft blues, greys, and browns.

The wood of the bookcase looked for all the world as if it had washed up on a beach someday, as if was once a part of a mighty sailing ship. Yet now it sits in its forever harbour, in that soulful bay that is the corner of this room.

My hands glide across all the dusty books, before slipping one out that read.

'Death Do'

Joey is going to love this one, I look up to see him locked in the library's corner, clutching the book I gave him six hours ago. He is sobbing uncontrollably that he crushes the book against the floor and tucks himself back into his couch. He grabs the box of tissues I ordered just for him; I try to fumble my laughter.

I walk back to the counter, an alert suddenly pops up onto my phone, the NEWS.

I press onto it, before a slamming book catches my attention. "If you ever give me a sad book again, I will kill you!" I glance at the cover and shake the smile away from my face. "This is not a smiling matter; she was a good person!"

"I told you you'd like it."

"Mhm, and as always I will never admit you are." I let out a soft chuckle, stacking the rest of the library books on top of one another before shuffling them onto the trolley. I glance at the time, closing in ten minutes. And then I have to stay and lock up, I just wanted to talk to Ares.

My affections for him have grown stronger since our trip to the Cabin, or should I say the 'getaway cabin.' Especially after the *night* we spent together and how we ultimately did it. I could not believe it.

I used to watch porn like that, and now I am doing it in real life. I miss his touch and the feel of his lips against my flesh. I am missing him. Ares Nicolaides is missed. That man is a rogue.

"How about you come over for dinner? I've known you for a year now Jones, I'll tell Ares to come." He winks at me; I laugh whilst slipping out my sketchbook.

"My parents are coming back in a few days; you know how they are..."

"I hate them both, come anyways or I will bring dinner to you."

"Joey Nicolaides! I am going to kill you!" Both our head snap to the door to see his wife storming in, Joey whistles and salutes me goodbye. I wave at him before his wife grabs onto his ears and pulls him to the exit. "You left the cleaning to me! To read-" Their voices die down as they exit.

My body falls onto the leather chair, my fingers rush through the locks of my hair. I have yet to submit my project, and mostly it is because I don't want to. I do not want to go to Seattle and leave Ares. Leave everything behind, I do not want to do that. That's the reason why I have been delaying submissions.

Mrs Coffee isn't proud of that. Narnia makes her way to the counter. "You look a little pale Jones, you alright?" She asks me.

"I'm fine-"

"Is it okay if you lock up today, I have a date tonight." She giggles, I smile and nod my head.

"Sure Narnia, have a great date." Narnia pinches my cheeks for a good minute or so.

"Alright Pumpkin, I already cleaned everything. I'll see you next week." I stand up, packing my things. I shove my sketchbook first and slip on my jacket. I throw the hood over my head, I texted Aunt Coraline that I am now leaving the library.

I switch of the library lights and close the door behind me. I double check the doors as I brush the hair away from my face and begin my walk down the dark streets.

The frigid night steals body heat like a cup of sugar, but as the sun comes up, it returns with honeycomb.

The streets were deserted, so I took the short cut that required me to fall into an alleyway. In this one, nothing awful happens; I hear clutching cups and turn my head to see the bar in the corner. People are celebrating outside. Friday has arrived.

My coat is the only thing giving me warmth, I fiddle with the zipper.

I stop when I notice that I have forgotten my headphones on the counter, my hand drags down my face. I turn back and walk towards the same alley I came out off. However, before I step into the alley, it felt as if something in the night has shifted already. Something did not feel right. I know it. I feel it in my gut. My mind is telling me to leave my headphones or to take another route.

I decide on taking another route, not until a sound of whimpers ring into my ears. I swallow my gulp and close my eyes for a few deep seconds. Take the other route. My head shifts slightly, and I lose my senses and enter within. I can see, one step at a time, that at the end of the alleyway, there is a man on his knees...and a figure standing in front of him.

I squint, "please! I will pay h-...please!" Fear crawls beneath my garments. "I had children, I needed to feed-" my hands clutch the handle of my bag. The figure raises his hands, a gun rests in.

Four gunshots pierce the air, and I begin to take steps backwards, my screams muffled with the grip of my own hands. The man's body falls, and his head rests at the man's feet. My eyes have widened in shock. My beating heart felt as if it wanted to explode, I stumble onto my footsteps and begin to run out the alleyway.

No. No. No.

I just witnessed...no, I can't breathe. When I look behind me, I notice it following me.

It felt like I couldn't run any faster, as if the road had suddenly turned to hot glue and was sinking me in with each stride I made. I run in the direction to the library, tears were falling down my eyes.

I didn't want to die.

I slip the keys out of my pocket and find the right one. I reach the front door of the library and push the key inside, only to find out it's the wrong one. I let out whimpered tears, wanting nothing but for God to help me. I look behind me to see the figure taking a stroll in my direction, a gun in his hands. I turn back to my shaking hands and flick through the keys, come on!

Once I pushed the right one inside, I slam the door behind me and make sure to keep the door locked. I rush to the counter and hide underneath the desk; my hands find my phone and I dial Ares number.

He answers.

"Alex-"

"Ares! Ares, I need your help," I choke onto my tear, hearing the sound of tapping glass.

"Where are you?" I hear him fidgeting.

"Library...he-he's holding a gun..."

"Stay hidden, I'm coming." I lift myself up, and peer over the counter to see him standing outside the glass door.

He gives me a wicked look as he taps the door with the barrel of his gun. He fires the glass, which makes a loud boom that stings my ears. He pushes the door wide as I let out a terrified cry. I keep hiding behind the counter, slapping my hand against my mouth to halt my hard breathing.

I glance down at the phone to see the line has disconnected.

The signal has gone down, I slowly crawl out from underneath the table. Shaky hands that help me up to my feet, I look towards the entrance and see the glass all over the floor. I look around the dark library, nothing. Did he leave?

I grab the lamp from the counter and take slow steps around the book shelfs. I look in-between each one, I wipe my dry tears of my cheeks. "I've tried to kill you before...yes that's where I remember you..." His voice blasts through the speakers, I jump from shock. "All you got was a fucking concussion. You're lucky. I purposefully hit your side to kill you..."

Suddenly a hand presses itself against my mouth, I release a muffled scream as I snap my head to the side.

My heart...it finally seems to find a good heartbeat as his green eyes match mine.

He gives me a soft nod and takes the lamp from my hand before settling it onto the ground, I wrap my arms around his waist and tuck my head into him. 

The scent of him seems to have calmed me down by a hundred. He strokes the back of my head, "Diávolos took my true love...and it's about time he got what he deserves."

I look up, he presses his index finger against his lips, telling me to stay silent. His head turns to the side from the cause of laughter, "well...I knew you'd come after her..." Ares pushes me behind him. "Diávolos."

"Lucas." Ares drives me back even more. "If you touch a strand of her hair, I'll make sure you join her." As if Ares had pulled the wrong string, Lucas began to push the bookshelf, and I heard it creak.

I look up and see it start to fall in our direction. As the bookshelf collides with us, Ares grabs my arms and drags me below him. We tumble against the bookcase behind us, Ares' arms tighten around my torso. I expect books to slam into my face, but they appear to fall alongside me. 

I let out a stranded cough, groaning. 

I look up and feel Ares' nose brush against mine, a heavy bookshelf is leaning on his back. "Ares....Ares!"

"Are you all, right?" He inquires, he is asking me If i am okay. He's got an entire bookshelf on his back. "Hide your head."

As he pushes himself up, I nod and cover my head with my hands. He groans, grasping the shelf and pushing it to the other side with all his might. Books fall, but none seem to reach out to me. Ares gently grasps my hands and pull me onto my feet, he brushes my hair away from my face. "Ares..."

My eyes widen as he turns around and I glimpse his back. His shirt is ripped, and there are open wounds from the hefty bookcase since not one, but three of them fell on him. I look to see the blood dripping down his back.

He protected me.

I would have gotten crushed.

Ares picks up my things and looks in my direction.

"You're spending the night with me."

AUHTOR

WOW! Just want to give a huge thank you to those who have supported my book, I posted a TikTok about if for fun and the next day i get over forty thousand reads. Thank you so much, it means a lot to me!

Anyways, how are you guys finding it?

How's Ares? 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 1.5K 31
Book 1 of The Flaw Series. You can't scream at the world and expect the world not to scream back. Via is the type of girl who loves to live in it w...
259K 2.4K 52
"I wanted what I wanted, fuck everything else. And what I wanted was her. Anaís Semaya." "Out of all the stars in the galaxy, you're by far the most...
51.4K 3.2K 86
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 | 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 It's all fun and games until someone suggests killing each other's spouses for revenge. M...
47.1K 755 61
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...