๐™๐˜ผ๐™ˆ๐™„๐™‡๐™” ๐™๐™„๐™€๐™Ž, bradle...

By -voidheroes

โŽฏ ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ค ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™—๐™—๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™–๐™™๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ž๐™ง ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™š๐™–๐™˜๐™ ๐™ค... More

๐—ฆ๐—ฌ๐—ก๐—ข๐—ฃ๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ฆ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ. ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ'๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—•๐—˜๐—˜๐—ก ๐—–๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—— ๐—•๐—”๐—–๐—ž ๐—ง๐—ข ๐—ง๐—ข๐—ฃ ๐—š๐—จ๐—ก
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ. ๐—š๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐—ง ๐—•๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—ฆ ๐—ข๐—™ ๐—™๐—œ๐—ฅ๐—˜
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฏ. ๐—š๐—ข๐—ข๐—— ๐— ๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ก๐—œ๐—ก๐—š, ๐—”๐—ฉ๐—œ๐—”๐—ง๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ฆ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ. ๐—ง๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—ž ๐—ง๐—ข ๐— ๐—˜ ๐——๐—”๐——
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฑ. ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ž๐—˜ ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ'๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—˜๐—ก ๐—” ๐—š๐—›๐—ข๐—ฆ๐—ง
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฒ. ๐—™๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—ช๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ง๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ. ๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ฆ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿด. ๐——๐—ข๐—ก'๐—ง ๐—ฆ๐—”๐—ฌ ๐—œ๐—ง
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿต. ๐——๐—”๐—ก๐—š๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ญ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ. ๐—” ๐—ก๐—”๐—ฉ๐—”๐—Ÿ ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—š๐—”๐—–๐—ฌ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ. ๐— ๐—”๐—ง๐—–๐—›๐— ๐—”๐—ž๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐— ๐—”๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—–๐—ž
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ. ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—•๐—ฅ๐—”๐——๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ช'๐—ฆ

๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ. ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—”๐—ก๐—— ๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ฃ๐—ฌ

11.8K 373 108
By -voidheroes

...∘∙⋆⋯✩      ✩⋯⋆∙∘...

It was a beautiful day at sea. The warm sun reflected off the water below sending drops of sweat down the faces of the flight deck crew as they worked hard to prepare for the arrival of Raven's F-18 and Maverick's F-14. However, in typical Mitchell fashion, Raven and Maverick made an unsanctioned flyby around the carrier's control tower. What was the Navy going to do? Admiral Simpson already threatened Maverick with retirement and Raven with a court-martial. What was one more strike on their record?

Admiral Simpson watched the father and daughter in flight. In his earlier years at Top Gun, Simpson was acquainted with Raven's mother, Charlie Blackwood. She had spent years studying and learning from Maverick's file which Cyclone always thought was odd. Now, it was all starting to make sense; he could even see the resemblance between the two. "Yeah, she's definitely his kid."

"That's for damn sure," Admiral Bates agreed.

The tailhook of Raven's F-18 successfully caught the thick cable stretched across the runway of the carrier, pulling her into an easy landing. For Maverick, it wasn't that simple. With the jet's damaged landing gear, the flight deck crew extended a net barricade across the runway, capturing the plane inside of it.

As the three pilots climbed out of their planes, the entire carrier's personnel gathered around them, rejoicing over the success of the mission. As Bradley cleared his way through the crowd, several crew members patted him on the back; he sent nods of appreciation their way.

His hand brushed the side of Emerson's waist, turning her to face him. Her lips quirked up, happy to see him in one piece, "Hey—" Bradley's calloused hands gently cupped the sides of Emerson's face. Her emerald eyes sparkled as she stared intently into his brown ones. He was close enough to smell the rose soap that lingered on her skin from last night's shower.

Bradley's heart beat so loudly in anticipation that he was sure those around him could it hear too. He dipped his head down, capturing Emerson's soft, pink lips against his own. Emerson was in a daze; it felt like time wasn't real. Her hands curved around his waist, practically clinging to him, begging for more as if she would wake up and it was all a dream. The kiss consumed the two in a fiery passion. Neither focused on the crowd around them, but rather on how their lips felt against each other.

Though it wasn't their first kiss, this kiss was entirely different than the others they had shared. Previous ones occurred in private moments of intimacy or genuine care and concern. But this kiss, in front of everyone, opened the door to a world where they no longer hid their true feelings behind friendship. A world where Emerson Raye Blackwood was actually Bradley Bradshaw's girl. And he wanted to kiss her like that and with that intention again and again for as long as he lived.

He pulled away from the kiss smiling, "I love you. You know that?"

"I know," she smirked. "Now, take me to bed or lose me forever!"

Bradley's smile turned into the biggest grin that made his cheeks hurt. He picked her up, spinning her around joyfully. Bradley Bradshaw had never loved anyone more than he did Emerson Raye Blackwood. "Show me the way home, honey!"

Hangman neared the two. He cleared his throat, attracting their attention. Bradley stepped protectively in front of Emerson. His jaw set firm, "Hangman."

Hangman stretched his hand out to Emerson, "That was some damn good flying, Raven."

Emerson carefully considered Hangman's outstretched hand. Just earlier, he was willing to risk his own life to save her father; he meant no mal-intent. She accepted it graciously. "That bumped my kill record up to four, ya know. Still higher than yours," she winked.

He laughed, "Maybe one day I'll be as good of a pilot as you, Raven."

"One day," she smirked.

As he disappeared into the crowd of Navy men and women, Phoenix and Bob appeared. "You're so getting your ass handed to you by Simpson," Phoenix joked, hugging the woman.

"Who cares! I'm buying you a round! That was badass!" Bob exclaimed.

Emerson laughed at Bob's antics, but her gaze wandered over to her father. He stood amongst a sea of Navy personnel congratulating him. "Thanks, Bob. I learned from the best." She left them standing with Bradley and approached Maverick.

"Hey, kid, you did good up there." He stuck his hand out for Emerson to shake, but she didn't accept it. Instead, she wrapped her arms around his middle, giving him a tight hug. Maverick was taken back; he wasn't expecting any form of affection from Emerson. He was quick to return the gesture, resting his chin on her head as he cherished the moment with his daughter. She pulled away, "But don't you ever pull that shit with me again."

Maverick threw his hands up in defense. "No, I learned my lesson. My daughter is the best wingman out there," he smiled.

Bradley joined the two, slinging his arm around her shoulder. He kissed the side of her head, "Damn straight."

Later that night, the members of the training detachment met at the Hard Deck; Bob was serious about buying Emerson that beer. The owner, Penny Benjamin, was kind enough to close the bar off from the public, allowing just the group of naval aviators to enjoy their final time together.

A classic rock song of Hangman's choosing played faintly from the jukebox. No one paid it much mind other than him who nodded along to the tune. The group stood around celebrating with a round of beer, pool, and darts and conversed about their plans.

The front door creaked open, catching everyone's attention. "Sorry, this is a private—" Coyote began until he realized Captain Mitchell stood in the doorway.

"What's he doing here?" Hangman asked. 

Emerson met her father at the door, walking him toward the group. "Well, I invited him, seeing as though he was our instructor," she paused, "and my father."

"No, fucking way!"

"Wait a damn minute—"

"Did you just sa—"

"Holy shit."

The two Mitchell's shared a similar-sounding laugh at the aviator's reactions. "How about another round! I think we could all use it!" Emerson shouted. They cheered, holding their beer bottles up high.

"As long as it's not on me this time!" Maverick added.

Hangman increased the volume on the jukebox and continued his game of darts with Coyote, who still couldn't figure out how the pilot could hit the bullseye with his eyes shut. The others stood around the pool table either watching or playing while some swayed to the music. Everyone was just enjoying each other's company without the pressure of a dangerous mission.

There was a soft touch on Emerson's lower back. "Hey, let's go outside," Bradley whispered. She grabbed his hand and followed him out to the shoreline. It was a clear night. The stars twinkled like millions of little lights against the dark sky and the light of the full moon reflected off the ocean water, illuminating the world around them.

Bradley sat down in the cool sand. Emerson sat between his legs, leaning her back against his chest with her head against his shoulder. She could feel his steady heartbeat through his shirt. It was a comfortable feeling being with him. The two sat in silence listening to the waves crash against the shore and the music and laughter from inside the Hard Deck.

Emerson sighed contently, "I think we should get married."

Bradley practically choked on the air, "What? We haven't even been on a date."

"That's true. We kind of skipped past the dating and went straight to the fucking."

A laugh rippled through Bradley's body; Emerson could feel it against her back. "Yeah, we did kind of do that, didn't we?"

"Yeah, we're good at that part."

"Really good," Bradley hummed. A comfortable silence fell over the two. Emerson sat up, turning around to face him. His hand went to her back, rubbing it soothingly. 

"I'm serious, though. It doesn't have to be now or anytime soon, but I want you to know that's what I want." She paused, "The day my mom died, I thought my whole world died with her. I ran off to the Navy thinking that would solve all my problems. It didn't, but it did lead me to you, and I wouldn't change that for anything. You made me realize I wasn't alone, and I would never have to be alone again. Bradley, you've been my whole world since the day I met you." Emerson took another breath, "I can't live without you because I have always been in love with you. You were always more than my best friend."

Bradley's palm rested against the nape of her neck, pulling her toward him. Their lips brushed, each tasting the beer the other was sipping earlier. Emerson's heart fluttered with every touch, yet his lips seemed to calm every racing thought in her mind. She parted her lips, letting Bradley slip his tongue inside. Her hands roamed his dark hair, tugging lightly, earning a moan from Bradley. They needed each other; they always had.

"I would have married you years ago had you given me the chance. I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember. You were the first person who made me realize I was worthy of what life had to offer."

Emerson's lips were on his again, pushing him back into the sand. Bradley's hands slid down her sides to find a resting position on her hips. Her tongue teased his lips and he abided. There was a slam of a door. Emerson's eyes turned from Bradley to the door of the Hard Deck. The group of now drunk aviators were stumbling their way out to the water.

Penny and Maverick escaped to the picnic tables outside of the Hard Deck. They watched a drunk Bob chase a drunk Hangman with a crab while the others were too busy laughing to help either of the pilots. "So, she's your daughter," Penny said.

"I hope that's not a deal-breaker."

She laughed, "Of course not. She's a great kid, Pete. I've been watching those two over the years. Their love is the kind of love everyone dreams of having. I'm just glad they finally realized it."

"She's alive and happy."

Penny reached across the table, taking his hand in hers, "You both are."

...∘∙⋆⋯✩      ✩⋯⋆∙∘...

© -𝙑𝙊𝙄𝘿𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙊𝙀𝙎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 1.6K 18
"You thought her father was something, you haven't seen her." Bradley Bradshaw x Fem (OC) [TopGun: Maverick] Started: July 13th, 2022 Finished: Aug...
25.7K 668 27
โ ๐‹๐ˆ๐“๐“๐‹๐„ does he know . . . . . . ๐’๐‡๐„ thinks about him too โž IN WHICH Cassidy "Firestarter" Brooke...
579K 11.8K 46
in which hate was easier than love. the yelling was better than kissing. and the pain was better than looking the other in the eye. a Kazansky and a...
35.2K 970 29
โ ๐™ž ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ž ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฉ โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค two ex-friends reunite under top-secret or...