from Academy to Anbu by theri...

By Tanjastorm

read the story if you want to and not my original work. I just like the story and wanted an easier access to... More

chapter one
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41

chapter 25

103 4 0
By Tanjastorm

Konoha Hospital, thirty minutes later…

Yakumo looked at Naruto in a bit of shock, who in turn gave a sheepish grin. The two pre-teens were alone after the report, as Naruto had ended up telling the heiress exactly why he was in ANBU at such a young age.

"So…yeah. I'm our Jinchuuriki…of the Kyubi…who attacked our village, even if it wasn't entirely his fault. If it makes you uncomfortable, I understand. It's"
"Fascinating" Yakumo interjected, looking at Naruto in curiosity.

"F-fascinating?" Naruto asked, beginning to feel like a prized experiment under the girl's gaze.

"Yes, fascinating! I read in a book about Jinchuuriki and how all the major villages had one or more. When I asked if Konoha had one since we fought the nine tales, my parents slapped me and sent me to bed without dinner, claiming Konoha didn't need 'demons' to be on top." Naruto winced. "But of course they were ludicrous claims as it is clear the tailed beasts are chakra constructs, not actual demons." Naruto whipped his head up, eyes locking onto hers.

"You mean you don't think I'm a 'demon boy' or something to be avoided?" He asked. Jinchuuriki- even those not hated- were generally avoided by the civilians in their village, both for village security (anyone could be an assassin) and because of how disconcerting it can be to be around a human capable of wielding almost endless destruction.

Yakumo snorted at this.

"Of course not! And if I was used like a glorified chakra pill for hundreds of years, I'd take my revenge on the puny mortals too." She stated haughtily.

Mary her.

'W-what?!' Naruto mentally sputtered, only to hear Kurama sigh in contentment.

Her taste in presents need work, this mortal get's me! Marry her, nigen, and have generations of chaos loving babies that would do my bidding! Kurama cackled, causing Naruto to sweat drop.

'We need to discuss your tastes in…humans.'

"Naruto? Hey, fishy cake?" Yakumo asked in concern, causing Naruto to blink and get back to reality.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. Kurama- the kyubi-"
The one and only that matters, mortal.

"Was having a lapse in judgement. Anyways, you don't mind still being friends?"

"I suppose we can still be friends. BUT!" She held up a finger and stuck it in Naruto's face, dead serious. "Only if we go to this 'Ichiraku Ramen' place soon."

"Sure thing! In fact we can go" Naruto began excitedly only to be interrupted by his captain.
"Some other time; our mission has arrived, and Ferret wants his charge back." Tenzo popped in, Ferret materializing on the ceiling.

"…Of course, captain." Naruto said dutifully and caught the scroll with an extra uniform. Ferret jumped down and used a shunshin on himself and Yakumo, no doubt heading to the new safe house already set up for the heiress.

Within moments of Yakumo leaving, Naruto was already changed into his uniform, Mouse mask firmly in place. With a nod he and Tenzo set out towards the gates, Kurama growling at the ominous feeling that travelled down his spine.

In Otogakure…

Orochimaru didn't know whether to kill every subordinate in sight to ease his frustrations or chuckle in dark glee. So, he settled on both, leaving the sound five and Guren to watch from the side lines in morbid fascination as three of the surviving Oto nins from the attack were ripped in half as payment for their work.

Ten more fell before Orochimaru stopped and stroked his chin.

"Kukukuku, little Minato's child is a shinobi- ANBU in fact- and he's learned his mother's chains. It was always a pity I couldn't have that insufferable loudmouth Kushina when she was alive, her bloodline was downright fascinating; but alas, no time like the present to rectify that mistake. Guren!" He shouted. The kunoichi, still wrapped in bandages from her fight and out for blood, kneeled in front of her master.

"Yes, Orochimaru-sama?" She asked in slight nervousness. The missing-nin turned pseudo kage chuckled.

"Calm yourself, my little crystal user; you managed to copy the Edo Tensei jutsu down for me before the fight- a good thing too or else I might have found myself too curious about what makes your bloodline work." The threat hung in the air, and even Kimimaro couldn't keep his brow from sweating. "But no matter; while I am taking care of sensei, I am almost certain that Uzumaki Jinchuuriki will be in charge of dealing will Gaara. You and Kimimaro will capture him- alive- and bring him to me; I'm certain that as long as I hand him over to my old associates when I'm finished, all should be well."

"Yes, Orochimaru-sama" Both crystal user and Kaguya intoned.

"But, Guren?"

"Yes, Orochimaru-sama?"

"I wouldn't fail me again if I were you."

"Of course not." The kunoichi said before leaving, off to do her research; she had to find out everything possible about those insufferable chains and Jinchuuriki chakra.

As Orochimaru watched her go, he started back to his temporary job as Kazekage. Afterall, his clone couldn't keep going forever.

'Just you wait, sensei; I will destroy you and that pitiful village!'

Team Ro, Konoha gates…

'Mouse, Cat, Fox, go above the gate. Wolf and I will greet.' Tenzo signed, receiving nods. Naruto crouched in one of the many hidden ledges on the great gates of Konoha, neck bristling as the sheer feeling of his fellow Jinchuuriki washed over him.

I told you it's disgusting.

'Why do I feel such bloodlust?'

…I've told you how Shukaku drives his hosts insane. This is the result- the host is only sane when he soaks his sand with blood.

Naruto noted the tint of regret in his partner's voice, but decided to not comment.

The three children of the current Kazekage walked through the gates looking important, yet the older pair were meekly behind the youngest. Naruto watched in fascination at the scene, remembering to be ready to activate the barrier seal Jiraiya had set up at a moment's notice- one could never be too careful with foreign shinobi, especially ones of Gaara's character. Deidara had a half dozen clay spiders ready for deployment while Yugao spin five shuriken, each one deadly accurate if need be.

"Welcome to Konoha; papers please, Sabaku-sans." Kotetsu greeted, ever the care free personality. Naruto rolled his eyes as he could see Izumo preparing to pull his friend away if a wall of sand shot out of Gaara's gourd.

"Temari" the small red head spoke, a dead monotone to match his teal eyes. The kunoichi, moving quickly despite the large battle fan attached to her back, handed Kotetsu the papers.

"Thank you! Please behave in the village; an ANBU team will be watching over you until the exams start." Hikaru- eyes no doubt activated- and Tenzo appeared in front of them, tall and intimidating.

Temari and Kankuro were about to protest but Gaara beat them to it.

"If they get in my way I will kill them." He said, and walked slowly down the street, siblings following.

Naruto locked eyes with his captain who seemed to shrug.

'Follow in shadows; we won't interfere unless they attack.' He ordered and soon all five members of Ro became shadows in the August sun, blending into the background of a village unaware that a living embodiment of what could have been their own scorned Jinchuuriki walked amongst them.

Dragon and Hiruzen…

"And you're certain the non-shinobi haven't a clue about last night?" Sarutobi asked his ANBU commander, puffing a pipe to ease his stress.

Shisui took off his mask, looking more tired than ever, and took the pipe for himself.

"I'm certain, Hiruzen; the barrier around the civilian and visitor's section of the village blocked the chakra from being sensed, even Mouse's. It was smart of you to have that fool put them in place years ago." He commented. Sarutobi gave a side eye at the stolen pipe.

"Yes, well, I knew letting potential spies and civilians be able to sense the vile chakra of the Kyubi would be suicide should Naruto ever had need to use it to protect the village…or if he had accessed it during the academy." The Hokage added in a mutter. Shisui snorted.

"With how much you stalked him with your ball? Before anyone pushed him too far you would have appeared, standing over him like a mother hen."

"Perhaps" Sarutobi admitted, then swiped back the pipe.

"Hey! I was using that!"

"My boy, you're too young to smoke." The one eyed Uchiha scoffed.

"And you?"

"Why, I'm too old not to."

And finally, Danzo!

"It's time, Sai; make sure the Uchiha survives the exams; Orochimaru wants to mark him as his next pet for that pipe dream of immortality- let him without being obvious and hand him this scroll; I'll need him to save Konoha from itself."

Sai clenched his jaw slightly but agreed, leaving to meet his sensei.

Watching the boy go Danzo waved a hand and a root agent appeared.

"Be prepared to take out Sai should he fail. This is your first time back in the Land of Fire but I know I don't need to question your loyalty to that thorn in my side's brother."

"Of course not, Danzo-sama." The shadow said. Danzo Shimura nodded to himself.

"You have been my most loyal recruit after Torune and Fu, Takashi; if only the rest of your clan were so. Perhaps they'd still be with us, protecting the great tree, instead of just eyes serving Konoha's rise to power."

"The new Uchiha clan lives only for Konoha, Danzo-sama." The newly identified Takashi said in reverence, and left, leaving just a scheming old man behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659K 17.7K 63
𝘈𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘧𝘢𝘭 𝘯π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡, 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘧𝘦 𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦π˜₯. 𝘠𝘰𝘢 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘡π˜ͺ𝘯𝘢𝘦π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰 𝘡𝘳𝘒π˜ͺ𝘯 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘒�...
748 29 10
This story is a continuation of the original Numbers on katreadz. I am the same person, just wanted to let you guys know that chapters 1-14 are on th...
250K 8.5K 36
This story is currently being rewritten.
372 57 26
This story was originally written on my original account @BornToStanBTS. I was having trouble with my old account so I decided to put this story on t...