Vikings One Shots

By TeamStyles01

A collection of Viking One Shots//Requests taken, any character is welcome More

R E Q U E S T S //
P R O M P T S //
T Y R A // H V I T S E R K
A N J A // U B B E
O T H E L I A // H V I T S E R K (P1)
O T H E L I A // H V I T S E R K (P2)
K A A R I // U B B E
L O K A // H V I T S E R K . & . I V A R
K E E V A // I V A R
Y U L I A . & . S E R I // I V A R
K A T L A // H V I T S E R K
S A F F Y // I V A R
Y L V A // H V I T S E R K
S T O R M // U B B E
C A R I T A // H V I T S E R K
E M B L A // H V I T S E R K (P1)
D A H L I A // H V I T S E R K (P1)
H E R J A // H V I T S E R K
R E V A
M E R A // I V A R

E M B L A // H V I T S E R K (P2)

731 15 0
By TeamStyles01

He stepped forward, his hands reaching for her shoulders. Embla pushed him away from her, letting out a grunt as she did, "I hate you!" She screamed out. "How could you do this to me?!"

Hvitserk looked at her with a blank look on his face, like he did not understand why she was so mad. "I was away for a whole year, did you really expect that I was not going to enjoy the delights I was offered?" He spoke so calmly like it was normal. 

"I do not understand, Hvitserk, I thought you loved me," Embla was upset and frustrated by his explanation. Tears spilled from her eyes as she balled her fists at her sides, she didn't think his words were good enough, after all this time, Embla expected better. "So, you expected me to sit here like the obedient little wife whilst you were out sowing your seed?"

"Well you are married to a prince," he shrugged his shoulders. "You are expected to wait for me, so, yes."

Embla let out a low growl, her anger getting the better of her. "If this is what being married means, I don't want to be married any more." As she opened her mouth to speak, her attention was diverted by a sound she heard. 

When she looked over, she found herself looking at Aslaug, in her arms was a bundle of blankets which contained a baby. "Son," Aslaug spoke quietly. "I believe this belongs to you." 

Hvitserk turned to see his mother, his eyes looked down at the bundle in her arms before walking over. Embla watched as her husband's eyes lit up when he laid his eyes on his son. Taking the baby into his own arms, Embla closed her eyes as she pinched the bridge of her nose. When she opened her eyes again, she found none of this had disappeared, everything was actually happening around her. Hvitserk was still holding the baby and Aslaug was looking on with a mixed look on her face. 

"Embla," Aslaug spoke gaining the young woman's attention. "You will be happy to bring this child up with your husband, yes?"

Pushing her red hair over her shoulders as she adjusted how she stood, standing tall and proud, Embla simply shook her head. Her tears had dried but her face was blotchy, she didn't let that stop her from standing her ground though. "Hvitserk can lay with this woman and make a baby," she glanced back at her husband, "He can look after it."

She was quick to turn away from the people before her. Embla did not want to talk about it no longer, she wanted nothing to do with the child and certainly did not want to be anywhere close to it. "Em, you can't walk away," Hvitserk called after her as she got to the door. 

Turning her head slightly, she looked at her husband. Embla stared into his broken eyes, she hated seeing the pain behind them but this was hard for her too. Her heart was beating loudly and quickly in her chest as she looked at him with a straight face, there was no more words spoke before she slipped out the door. 

She made her way through the home before finally making her way to the outside world. Her breathing was quick as she panicked, realising there was no where for her to go. There was only one place for her to return to and she did not want to stay there. Her wiped her clammy hands on her clothes as she kept her head down, avoiding the stares as she got to the home herself and Hvitserk shared. 

Once inside, she sat in front of the door as she wiped away the tears that had fallen from her eyes making her face wet. Embla did not know what was next for her life but there was little left for her in Kattegat but shame. After a few moments, she got up from her spot on the floor, her mind was focused on what she needed to do before Hvitserk returned to their home. 

It did not take her long to gather the small amount of supplies she wanted to take with her, Embla didn't know where she was going, or how to start her life again but she wanted to do both of those things. Her eyes scanned around the hut, it was once her home but it was no longer a place she would feel safe. Walking back to the bed one last time, she sat on it, her hands pulling the furs that Hvitserk had left here when he left, close to her. Holding them against her skin, she inhaled the scent, the smell had waned over time but it was still there lingering. Standing again, she wrapped the untainted furs around her, she knew that they had been here with her all along whilst he was away making the smell only his. Embla took her belongings before leaving the hut, closing the door behind herself before slipping into the forest, disappearing from Kattegat unseen. 

Kattegat felt like a thousand moons ago to Embla. She'd moved on with her life, although she had chosen to live it in solitude, if she was alone, she could not get hurt. That didn't mean she didn't care for others though, she had friends around her. 

Sitting with her friends, with the people of the town she now lived in, she was happy. Embla drink, she joked and she enjoyed their company. Her hands were out in front of her as she snuggled herself into the furs she wore, keeping it in a hood over her hair as she stared at the fire. 

When the door unexpectedly opened and the cold air and snow blew in from outside, the chattering stopped and all eyes turned to the front of the room. 

Embla stared at the door from under her hood, she tilted her head as a man entered in many layers of clothing. 

"Who are you, stranger?" Canute asked as he approached the stranger. 

The intruder took off his own hood revealing his snow frosted eyebrows, "My name is Hvitserk, son of Ragnar Lothbrok."

Her heart almost stopped, she felt like it had been so long since she had seen him. There he stood, shivering and begging to see our King but Canute was very insistent on the terms. 

She watched as Hvitserk struggled with the words and the actions he needed to see the King. Still, he stripped off his outside clothes, as he watched the people around him watching him. She kept hidden under her hood, her eyes on him as he removed his top, a new tattoo branded across his chest and strong abs chiseled into his skin. 

Bowing her head, she stared into the fire as listened to others around her. There was some laughs and giggles from people around her, the person to her left nudging her slightly to get her to look over. 

She hoped she would never see him again, she also hoped every day that she would. Embla missed Hvitserk terribly, he'd changed her life in many ways but she never imagined seeing him again. Seeing his face, seeing him here now, it was like a arrow to the chest. 

She looked up as Canute escorted a naked Hvitserk out of the hall, her interest piqued as to why he had even come here in the first place. 

Embla found herself being summoned to see King Olaf. The young woman had changed dramatically over the time she'd been away. Canute had a task for her, it was one which required the young woman to confuse the man she once loved. King Olaf would never forget what was told to him when Embla first arrived in his community. Himself and Canute would use it, hoping that it might change Hvitserk's mind.

Accompanying Canute, she walked through the snow to a hut. Opening the door, the heat was the first thing that smacked her in the face. 

Her eyes began to scan around as they adjusted to the steam in the room before she found herself looking at Hvitserk. How things had changed for him. Here he was at King Olaf's mercy, shirtless, hands tied and attached to the ceiling with rope and wood. She looked at Canute who walked in front of him, getting his attention.

She watched from the side, she noticed that Hvitserk did not once open his eyes, even keeping his eyes closed when Canute threw a glass of water into his face, startling him. "King Olaf asks if you've changed your mind? Will you join him and King Ivar in attacking England, as you agreed?"

Hvitserk almost looked like he was shivering, as he put his face close to his right arm. "I wish I could agree." His breaths were deep as he gasped for breath, the heat in the room that he'd been stuck in was immense. "This is a ridiculous way to die. Too hot in a cold climate."

Canute kept a straight face as he listened, before he looked at Embla. 

"I'm sure you appreciate the irony," Hvitserk managed. 

Canute looked back at him before looking at the fire, "I love irony. But still death is death."

A low chuckle left Embla's lips, sometimes the way Canute spoke made her smile and laugh, he didn't realise that he seemed to have a dry sense of humour. 

Hvitserk managed to pry his eyes open, but due to the way he was held, he could not see Embla. "That's true. Not really a laughing matter. But I'm decided against my brother." He gasped for breathes between each sentence. "The King must make up his own mind. I thought he agreed with me." 

Embla hated listening to to him like this, he sounded desperate in not only his pleas but in general. Her eyes glanced down at his chest, her eyes on the tattoo that once was not there before she looked back at his face. "You should never try to anticipate Kings desires," Embla spoke finally. "Nor men's desires." He opened his eyes as he replace where Canute had stood in front of him. "You of all people should know that."

Hvitserk thought he was hallucinating as he looked at her, her fiery red hair very obvious against the surroundings and through the steam in the room. "Embla, it..." he trailed off as he closed his eyes trying to remember how she looked, trying to remember her clearly. 

Canute looked at Embla before he nodded. 

She watched as Canute let him loose, Hvitserk's body fell to the floor as he groaned in pain unable to support himself. She crouched down, she was gentle as she pushed his loose hair back from his sweaty face. "You are a fool," she told him in a whisper before standing again. 

He mumbled her name a couple of times, he was unsure if she was really there, like delirium had started to set in. After all this time though, he was unsure why he would see Embla. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 3.1K 200
First list of parchments publishing the Ragnarssons' reactions to situations proposed by you guys! Requests are open for more on my ask box at Tumblr...
1M 33.1K 57
❝I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone else's blood, I have no problem with going out the same way.❞ ivarhoegh © 2017...
102K 971 17
Requests open King Alfred Bishop Heahmund Ubbe Ivar the boneless Bjorn Ironside Hvitserk King Harald Halfdan Floki Ragnar MATURE CONTENT 18+ N...
56 0 4
these are taken from my tumblr (draumstafir-blog) where i'm working on rewriting each episode of vikings. i've made a few rules for myself to follow...