The Weapon- Billy Hargrove

By xoxo_foxxy_xoxo

004, another subject of the Hawkins Labs experiments. Escaping beside a small, shaven girl he vows to protect... More

SUBJECT: 004
Season One
Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers
Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street
Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly
Chapter Four: The Body
Chapter Five: The Flea and The Acrobat
Chapter Six: The Monster
Chapter Seven: The Bathtub
Chapter Eight: The Upside Down
Shopping and School
Season Two
Chapter Two: Trick or Treat, Freak
Chapter Three: The Pollywog
Chapter Four: Will the Wise
Chapter Five: Dig Dug
Chapter Six: The Spy
Chapter Seven: The Lost Sister
Chapter Eight: The Mind Flayer

Chapter One: MADMAX

5.3K 168 22
By xoxo_foxxy_xoxo

1984 Hawkins, Indiana

After successfully navigating high school and becoming somewhat popular, life for Four had settled into a comfortable and happy time, he was apart of a brilliant close-knit family, and surrounded by friends.

Currently with the approach of the 31st of October, Four was getting ready to conquer a new experience... Halloween.

Jonathan drove himself and Four to school, and before the car had even stopped Four launched from the vehicle and made a beeline for the burnt orange car of Steve Harrington. When he got there he could see his friend and Nancy kissing deeply, not completely understanding privacy he knocked on the window loudly, making the couple jump apart. He watched them get out of the car, returning the smile that Nancy gave him and moved to walk next to her, "how have you been, Felix", the boy looked back at Steve to answer his question.

"Well...", his face beamed, "I had a very good night with Tina", Nancy giggled.

She then smiled up at Four, "yeah, we heard, she's been telling everyone", when she sees the panic form on her friends face she pats his chest, and fixes the jacket her and Steve got him, "all good things".

Four looks between the two, "is that what you two do?", the couple shares a glance, "because if it is... it'd explain why you're so happy", Steve laughs loudly, clapping his hands on Fours shoulders.

The trio look up though, when a car engine revs, their eyes follow the blue car as it drives into the parking lot, wheels spinning and loud music coming from within.

A tall boy steps out smoking a cigarette, opposite him a ginger girl, around Wills ages steps out with a skateboard, she wheels off swiftly, leaving the high school students to watch their newest student, the three watch in silence before Four speaks, "I like his hair", Nancy and Steve look to him, "and his ass", he notices their confused faces, "Tina told me I had an amazing ass... so does he", he lifts his hand to point at the boy, which makes Nancy pull his arm down.

When Four steps out of his class with Nancy and Jonathan, a hand pulls him to the side, "hey handsome", the words are followed by a deep kiss, which Four reciprocates as he slides his hands around the girls waist, once Tina pulls away, she grins up at Four, "I expect to see you at my party, in costume", she gives him another peck, "so it better be sexy", she ten pats his butt watching him walk away.

Four looks down at the flyer, before turning back to Tina, "can I have another one?", the girl nods with a smile and hands him another bright orange paper, "thank you", Four jogs to each up with Nancy and Jonathan, pushing his extra leaflet into Jonathans chest, "we're going to this", Nancy nods with a giggle, settling under Fours arm comfortably.

"'Come and get sheet faced'"

Four looks at the words, "I don't get it", his words are whispered, making Nancy blush and chuckle.

Jonathan looks at the two, "no, I'm not going", Four leaves it to Nancy to persuade the boy.

"I can't let you sit alone all Halloween. Thats just not acceptable"

The Byers boy smiles easily, "well, you can relax. I'm not gonna be alone", Nancy and Four raise their eyebrows, "I'm going trick-or-treating with Will"

"All night?", Nancy asks with a grin.

Jonathan nods, "yeah", he shrugs not seeing the issue.

Nancy hums, "no, no way. You're gonna be home by 8:00, listening to the Talking Heads and reading Vonnegut or something", Four presses his face into Nancys shoulder, hiding this giggles.

"Sound like a nice night', Jonathan accompanies his words with a slap to Fours shoulder.

The boy looks up, with wide brown, puppy eyes, "please, Jonathan, just come... and, if you're lucky, you could meet someone", he moves to lean next to Nancys locker, which he did just in time as Steve snatched the girl up by her waist, making her release a scream.

Nancy turned to her boyfriend, "oh, my god! take those stupid things off"

Steve grins, "I missed you", he removes his sunglasses and slides them onto Fours face, not once taking his eyes of Nancy.

"It's been like an hour"

He holds her face gently, "tell me about it", and then kisses her deeply.

While they kiss, Four slips a hand into Nancys locker and steals a pack of bubblegum, the girl tries to pry herself away from Steve, "okay. Okay, okay. God", she then points a finger at Four, who stood beside Steve, "I saw that, sneaky", the boy looks away with a grin, pretending not to know what Nancy was talking about.

As Jonathan walked away, Steve rested his arm over Fours shoulders, "how's it been, Four?", he absentmindedly plays with the boys hair.

"It's been good, but I need a, erm...", he gestures to his body, "I can't remember what Tina called it, but it has to be sexy"

Steve rubbed his head, looking to Nancy as she closed her locker, "he needs a costume"

Four clicked, pointing at Nancy, "yes, a costume", he smiles at Steve, "I also need a ride to the party", the Harrington boy chuckled.

"Come and get ready at mine, and then we'll pick Nance up together", Four nodded at him with a smile, "and I have the perfect costume for you"

Night had fallen, and they Byers house was getting ready for a movie night with Bob. Four like the man, though he did get confused with some of the things he said, a lot of Bobs jokes were for smart people, so Four usually ended up laughing when everyone else did and then he would lay in bed and try and figure out the joke as he got ready to sleep, sometimes he would drift off easily, but other times he would lay in bed giggling having finally understood the punch line.

Four followed Jonathan into Wills room, where they spotted the boy sat on his bed drawing, "hey, bud. I didn't know what you'd like, so I got a variety", he shook the movies he held, "and Four will watch anything", he placed them on Wills shelf, "take your pick"

Will looked between the older boys, "whatever you want", he then went back to drawing.

"All right", Jonathan sat down in front of Will, while Four jogged around the bed and lay beside them both.

He stretched his neck to see Wills paper, "what're you drawing, today?", he finally catches a glimpse, "'Zombie Boy'? who's zombie boy?", there was a moments silence.

"Me"

Four and Jonathan shared a look, before Jonathan spoke, "did someone call you that?", Will didn't answer, "hey. You can talk to us. You know that, right? whatever happened. Will, come on, talk to us"

The small boy finally looked up, "stop treating me like that", his words held so much frustration.

"What? Like what?"

Four sat a little straighter, as Jonathan shot him a confused glance, their eyes went back to Will as he spoke, "like everyone else. Like there's something wrong with me"

Jonathan leaned closer, "what are you talking about?"

"Mom, Dustin, Lucas. Everyone. They all treat me like I'm gonna break. Like I'm a baby. Like I can't handle things on my own", Four watched Will speaks, sadly, "it doesn't help. It just makes me feel like more of a freak"

Jonathan stared into Wills eyes, "you're not a freak", Will stared back.

"Yeah, I am"

Four leaned closer to Will, "you wanna know something, you really are a freak", both of the Byers boys looked to him, "really, you're a freak... but so am I", Will watched Four speak with starry eyes, "because I see all these people walking around, and they're all the same, and I don't wanna be like them... I can't be like them"

Jonathan smiles, "he's right, i'ma freak too"

"Is that why you don't have any friends?"

Jonathan chuckles, "I- I have friends, Will"

"Then why are you always hanging out with me? even Four goes out more than you"

Jonathan takes a few breaths, "I hang out with you because you're my best friend, all right? and I would rather be best friends with zombie boy than a boring nobody... you know what I mean?", Will looked slightly confused, "okay, look... who would you rather be friends with? Bowie or Kenny Rogers?"

"Bowie", Will pointed at Four, agreeing with his answer.

The eldest Byers continued, "exactly. it's no contest. The thing is, nobody normal ever accomplished anything meaningful in this world. You got it?"

"Well... some people like Kenny Rogers"

A new voice comes from the hallway, "Kenny Rogers", Bob appears, "I love Kenny Rogers" he chuckles, as Four leans closer to the brothers.

"That's not surprising... at all"

The three chuckles, "what's so funny?"

Will smiles, "nothing"

Bob grabs the movies, "Mr. Mom-", he cheers, "-perfect!", the three again fall into giggles.

Everyone sat down to watch 'Mr. Mom', Four was completely lost, not understanding a thing, Bob however was laughing away with Joyce. Fours head snapped over to the phone when it rang, he watched as it rang on, and on, and on, the trill with Bobs laughs put Four on edge and Jonathan could see this, so he moved forwards to rub Four hair as he sat on the floor in front of him, "it's fine, just relax", he said the words in a whisper, hoping to comfort his friend.

Four lay in bed that night dreaming.

Dreaming of a girl he longed to see.

Because his world felt so lonely now that she wasn't here.

And he knew it was an awful thing to think, but he sometimes hoped there would be another chaotic event, because at least then he would feel as though he was worth something to the people around him.

But most of all he just wanted Eleven back, so he could protect her, play games with her. He sometimes imagined her next to him, and he would tell her about his day.

His hand moved to trace the numbers on his wrist, and all though he knew it was impossible, he imagined that somewhere out in the big wide world, Eleven was tracing her wrist to, with thoughts of him.

Thoughts of home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 6.9K 24
❝ I CAN'T FIGHT THAT THING! WHAT IF I BREAK A NAIL? ❞ NANCY WHEELER/OC SEASON 2-3
1.8K 46 15
1985 seemed like it would be the summer of love for Mike Wheeler and Eleven Hopper, and Will Byers always thought he'd be spending the summer alone...
442K 11.5K 32
β‡Œ in which a broken girl discarded by society meets a broken boy who just happens to hate society. β‡Œ
9.9K 193 19
[COMPLETED 2020] [EDITED 2022] * in which 004 escapes from the lab, but is quickly taken in by steve harrington and the town of hawkins