Chapter Five: Dig Dug

1984 Hawkins, Indiana

Four sat in the Byers living room, he could hear the old chair outside squeaking as it swung idly in the breeze, his eyes however watched Joyce as she put the phone down, unable to get in contact with Hopper, the woman then picked up a piece of the map and started walking round hoping to find where it belonged, which was a task as the vines spread throughout the house.

The next day he sat with Joyce on the floor, both of them lost in their heads, "-om, mom", they both snapped out of to see Will and Mike stood over them, "I saw it?"

Joyce looked at her son confused, "you saw who, baby?"

"Hopper", this made Four tense slightly, "I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die", Four was now worried about the man who had protested him for the last year.

Mike looked at Four, "could you go and find the rest of the party, make sure they're okay?", Four looked to Joyce who nodded before getting up to change and leave.

On his way out of the house he grabbed the jacket that Nancy and Steve had given him and left to find the other kids.

While he was walking a blue Camaro came from behind him, "hey, pretty boy, what you doing out here all alone?", Four looked into Billys eyes and was overcome with

While he was walking a blue Camaro came from behind him, "hey, pretty boy, what you doing out here all alone?", Four looked into Billys eyes and was overcome with... something.

"Can I trust you?", Billy nodded, although confused, Four then jumped into his car, "we need to find Dustin or Lucas... or Steve"

Billy didn't move, "wait, what are you on about?"

Four only pointed at the road, "just drive, and I'll explain on the way", Billy did as he was told and started driving around Hawkins.

After sitting in silence the Hargrove boy looked at Four, "so... you gonna tell me what this is about?", Four sighed before speaking.

"Okay, so you know how that boy died and came back to life?", Billy nodded, "he didn't die, he was sucked into another world, it's like ours but... different", Billy went to speak, but Four carried on, "I was born here, well, in the labs-", he pulled his sleeve up to show his tattoo, "-this is my name, Four, I have... powers, and I was sent to this other world, the upside-down, to kill the monsters that lived their-", the more he spoke, the more Billy became confused, "-I had a sister, but I don't know where she's gone. She disappeared after she killed the big monster last year. But now another monster is back, bigger this time and he's trying to hurt my friends... my family", Billy stopped the car, suddenly.

He turned to Four, "hold on, Fe- Four, what do you mean, 'powers'?", Four sighed again.

He then flicked his hand to create a golden dagger, just like he did with Jonathan, "these powers, I was trained to kill, okay?", Billy nodded, looking at the boy in awe, "now, you can't tell anyone about this, because I'm not even supposed to tell you... it's another secret for us. So, promise", Four held up his pinky.

Billy nodded, "promise", he whispered the words and locked his pinky with Fours, "so, we need a place to start", Four thought for a second.

"Nancy's house", Billy put his foot down and shot down the road.

As they drove, Billy placed his hand on Fours thigh, "d-do you regret, what happened on halloween?", Four looked to him.

"No... do you?"

Billy shook his head and lit a cigarette, "not one bit", he then shot a look at Four, "but from what you've told me, you don't know much about the world. I didn't wanna keep it a secret because I regretted it, but the people in this world don't like people like us, because we're not normal... I was doing it to protect you"

Four giggled, "Billy, I'm not normal, I never have been", he then gripped Billy's hand, "but don't worry, I can protect you... it's my job", the words lit something in Billy. A need to protect Four, a need to show him what life was actually about... and a need to make sure the light in his eyes never went away.

When they got to the Wheelers house, they could see Dustin and Steve at the boys car, "wait here", Four jumped out of the blue car and ran to Steve, "guys!", his hot stopped them from getting in the car, "what are you two doing?"

Steve looked at his frazzled friend, his eyes then went to Billy who was glaring from his car, "what's he doing here?", Four ignored him.

"Mike and Will are dealing with something, I have been sent to protect you", he pointed at Dustin, "and Billy knows, everything, we can trust him", he smiled at the two, "so, what are you two doing?"

Dustin looked down, "just follow us"

Four nodded and got back into Billys car, "follow them", Billy looked at him with wide eyes.

"Hold on, I've got to go and pick Max up"

Fours head snapped to him, "but... but what if you need me", Billy grabbed his thigh again.

"Listen... you go with them. And I'll find a way to find you later, okay, but I've got to get Max", he squeezed Fours thigh, "okay? I'll find you", Four nodded and got out of the blue car. Billy watched as Four got into Steves car and drove away. He released a big breath, a strange sense of fear, not for himself, but for another person, something he had never felt before.

 He released a big breath, a strange sense of fear, not for himself, but for another person, something he had never felt before