When Love Lasts

Von louise_bitonnn

Maria Victoria Irene, the last born of the Romualdez-Marcos family, is peacefully living her life being the "... Mehr

Author's Note
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
may wattpad pala ako?? (emz)

32

1.6K 70 27
Von louise_bitonnn

This is a work of FICTION. All characters are used in FICTITIOUS manner.

---

Irene's POV

I was cleaning my paintbrush that I used yesterday when my phone tinged. A message from my mother, a smile immediately flashed on my face.

Mommy:
I miss you anak ko.
6:11 a.m.

I went to my room to take a bath and prepare to go home. Whenever she sends an 'i miss you' text to us, it means she wants to see us and she wants us to go home.

When I'm all done, I grab my keys and drive my way back to the mansion.

"Good morning Tita!" I heard Borgy's greeting as soon as I entered the living room. He's with his brother and cousin, both are busy playing with their toys.

"Hello. I missed you little boys" I said and gave them a lot of kisses.

"Tita!" they complained that made me chuckle.

"Where are the old people?" I asked, referring to my siblings.

"There" Borgy pointed the kitchen so I stood up and went in there.

"Good morning" I greeted.

"Oh, speaking of the devil" my brother, Bongbong uttered that made me raise my eyebrow at him.

I went straight to Mommy and kissed her on the cheek. "You're here!" she happily exclaimed.

"Just like what you wanted Mommy" I giggled.

"Nagbreakfast ka na? Come join us" she gestured my chair so I sat on it.

They are just having coffee and bread since the breakfast is still being cooked. I saw Manang's bowl of cereal so I pulled it.

"Hoy Irene!" she exclaimed. "That's mine, ano ka ba"

"Let me just have a bite" I uttered but then I realized, I already had four spoonful of it in my mouth.

"Stop fighting in front of the food" suway ni Mommy sa amin.

I gave back the bowl of cereal to my sister who is already frowning.

"Here, you can have mine" Bongbong pushed his bowl of cereals towards me.

I looked at him, not believing what he's saying.

"Konti palang ang nagagalaw ko diyan. Don't be so maarte, I'm waiting for the breakfast" he said.

I didn't say a word na and just ate his cereal. Few minutes later, our breakfast is served.

---

I looked outside and saw my dogs playing with each other. "Kumain na ba sila?" I asked the maids.

"Prineprepare pa po yung pagkain nila" they answered.

"Sige, ako na lang ang magpapakain" I sat on the high chair to wait for their food.

Not long enough, they placed five bowls on the table, I carried the two and they helped me to carry the remaining three.

I called their names one by one and they ran happily towards me. Persephone was the last one to come since her steps are so tiny. I noticed her favorite toy is on her mouth and she just dropped it when she went to her food.

It's a squeaky ball with a 'dad' print in the middle. Greggy's gift for them before.

I threw it to their play area and went near the dogs. I also changed their water with a new and cleaner one.

They finished their food real quick. I watch them run towards me and lay down. They want me to pet them. I gave them belly rubs and they gave me kisses in return.

"Irene, kadwaen nak man" (Irene, samahan mo nga ako) I heard Bongbong's voice.

"Papanam?" (San ka pupunta?) I asked. He's carrying his keys kasi.

"Mall, adda ipagatang da Liza" (Mall, may pinapabili sila Liza) he uttered.

I have nothing to do naman so why not go with him, kawawa naman.

"I'll just change" I informed him.

"Haanen, mabiit ta met lang" (Huwag na, saglit lang naman tayo) he said and pulled me.

I look at myself, good thing I'm still wearing my denim jumper skirt. That'll do.

"You won't open the door for me?" I asked when he went straight to the driver's seat.

He sighed and rolled his eyes before walking towards me and opened the door. "Bagkaten ka pay ipatugaw?" (Buhatin pa ba kita paupo?) he sarcastically offered.

I ignored him and just went inside. We arrived in the mall after some time. We went straight to get what he needed.

"Do you want that?" Bonget asked me when I touched a music box. But instead of ballerina dancing, it's a couple.

Cute.

"Haan" (No) I told him. "You're all done? Let's go pay now" I said but before walking towards the cashier, I glanced at the music box once more.

Bongbong bought Liza some supplies for her school since she's back teaching law students again.

The bodyguards carried the bags as we make our way back to the car.

"Oh shoot! I forgot something" Bonget uttered. Ngayon pa talagang nakalayo na kami ha.

"Seriously?" I sighed deeply. I'm so tired of walking already.

"Just stay here, there oh, wait for me there, I'll be real quick" he pointed an unoccupied bench.

I answered yes and he went back to the shop. Two guards stood right behind me as I sat on the bench.

Great, para akong batang binabantayan.

Few minutes later had passed but still, no Bonget had returned. Ang tagal naman!

I heard a tiny bark coming from my left side. A pomeranian dog went near me as he wag his cute tail.

"Hello there. Where is your amo?" I talked to him like a baby.

He laid on his back and showed me his belly. Oh, she's a she, not a he.

"You want me to pet you?" still on babytalk. She happily wagged her tail.

I bowed down so I can carry her up. She then laid on my lap. She looks so happy when I gave her belly rub. So adorable.

"Callista!" a voice keep on getting nearer. "Callista where are you?"

The dog's ear became pointed as if she's listening. "God, Callista there you are. I'm sorry Miss, she gets so clingy everytime she's with oth--" the man didn't continue his sentence when I looked up.

Him again?!

"O-oh. Sorry about this" he tried to get the dog which he called Callista but she didn't bulge. She doesn't want to go away from me. "Callista, come here girl, baka aalis na naman sila." he tried again.

Aalis na naman? What the hell?

"It's okay wala pa naman ang kasama ko. I'm still waiting for him." I caressed the dog's head.

"Him huh" I heard him whispered but I didn't understand.

"Anyway, your dog?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No, Xylyx's. She just asked me to get Callista to the pet shop since her hair is getting longer"

Okay.

A moment of silence, until he broke it. "How are your babies?" he asked so I looked at him. "Fur babies I mean"

"They're doing good. I just saw them earlier."

"That's nice to hear then"

"Let me know if you want to see them" I blurted out.

'What the hell Irene? You're letting him see them?' I scolded myself.

"You'll let me?" there's this beautiful smile on his face.

"S-sure. I mean, you gave them to me which means you still have the rights since they came from you" I uttered.

I panicked when I saw my brother not far away from us. I immediately stood up and gave Callista to him. "Uh, I think I should get going now"

"Is that so? Alright, thank you and sorry again" his face fell and forced a smile.

I just nodded my head before walking away, still have bodyguards behind me. "Can I trust you two?" baling ko sa kanila.

"Po?"

"Please don't tell anyone what you saw and what you heard."

"Opo, copy po Miss Irene"

"Thanks" I relieved a sigh.

"Tara na" I held my brother's arm when I approached him. I led him the other way, not wanting him to see Greggy because he'll tease me for sure.

"I told you to wait for me where I left you" he said but I ignored it.

"Did you got what you forgot na? Uwi na tayo" I kept on dragging his arm. Luminga-linga pa ako to check if he's gone but he's still looking at me while holding Callista.

I felt comfortable when we reached the parking lot. I immediately slid myself inside the car. Napahilamos ako ng mukha ko dahil sa stress.

"What's wrong with you? Para kang nakakita ng multo" Bonget chuckled when he noticed me.

"Oh, nga pala" he get something in the plastic bag. "I got you the music box that you keep on eyeing kanina pa." he smiled. "Sinsinan kano saan na kayat tattay ah ngem di na gayam matalawanen" (Kunwari pang ayaw pero hindi na maiwanan kanina) sinundot-sundot niya ang tagiliran ko.

My eyes glistened with that. This is so pretty!

"Aww, thank you!" I wrapped my arms around her neck. "You know me too well, you're the best brother talaga."

He rolled his eyes, "Of course I'm your only brother"

When we reached home, I went straight to my room. I can't still forget that scene. Bakit ba palagi na lang kaming nagtatagpo ng lalaking iyon?!

It's been weeks since Felix and Abelaine's wedding and I swear, I feel so awkward towards him ever since I heard what he said when he thought I was asleep.

Pero siya, he's still the same. Very casual na parang wala lang sa kanya ang nangyari.

Well maybe I was right? He didn't mean what he said?

I placed the music box on my night stand. I was about to sit on my bed when I saw small shadows at my door. I went to it and opened it, and there I saw Athena, Hera and Hades. I looked in the hallway and saw Apollo and Persephone.

Nahuli na naman ang mga maliliit.

I waited for the two before I let them inside my room. Uuwi na naman ako mamaya sa condo and I won't see them again for days.

I spent the whole day having fun with my dogs, nephews, siblings and of course my mother. Bonget, Liza and I will leave after dinner but Manang Imee will stay here for a while since they had a little argument with her husband.

---

Days passed and I'm all alone in my condo again. I jumped on my bed, I just finished washing the dishes. It has been a long tiring day at work.

Suddenly, my phone lit up. My forehead automatically creased as I read the message.

From: Unknown
You forgot to turn off the lights in your kitchen.
8:46 p.m

A lot of questions came inside my mind. Who the hell is this? How did they know my number? How did they know my address and where my kitchen is? Is this some kind of a joke?

From: Unknown
You don't have to worry, I mean no harm to you. I'm just concerned since you're alone.
8:50 p.m

Lock your doors and windows also.
8:51 p.m

Now this is creeping me out. Even if I'm getting scared, I went to check my kitchen and whoever this is, is right, I forgot to turn off the lights. 

Dali-dali kong chineck lahat ng bintana at pinto ko at siniguradong ilock ang mga iyon bago ko patayin ang ilaw.

When I went back to my room, I checked my windows too and turned off the lights, leaving only my lamp on.

Then my phone received a message again.

From: Unknown
Thank you for believing me. Again, please don't feel frightened, I was just being nice : )
9:06 p.m

This is so fucking weird!

My mind is telling me na I should block the number but my hands don't want to.

Hindi ko namalayan na nakatulogan ko na pala ito.

---

Greggy's POV

"Hello Xy?" I said when I answered my phone.

"Punta muna ako diyan ha. We have a forty minutes break and mababagot lang ako dito sa set" she uttered.

"I'm not in my office" ani ko.

"Binabantayan mo na naman siya 'no" she teased me. "Where is she? Malapit?"

"Hmn-mm"

"May naisip ako. Repeat what I will say and make it loud ha" she instructed.

"Ano na naman ba 'to?"  I am confused.

"Basta. We'll just check something if it'll work. Okay?"

I sighed. "Oo na."

"Sabihin mo to. Talaga, you're coming? Then act like you're excited, kahit hindi naman talaga" she chuckled.

I cleared my throat, "Talaga, you're coming?" I said that in an excited tone. I'm doing my best to make it as loud as I can.

I can literally feel someone's eyes staring at me now. I think I get Xylyx's plan now and I guess it's working.

"Alright, I'll see you in my office then" Nag-improvise na ako ng linya dahil tumatawa na ang kausap ko.

"What?" Shit I'm running out of words now.

"Tumawa ka dali" she finally spoke then she laughed again. "Kunwari I said something funny. Lakasan mo ha"

I tried my best to laugh naturally and as loud as possible. "Seriously? You did that?" sabi ko kunwari.

I heard someone cleared their throat but I keep on laughing. Let's see what you're gonna do.

"Excuse me, would you mind keeping your voice down. Nagtratrabaho ang mga tao dito, nakakaistorbo kayo" narinig kong ani Irene kaya nilingon ko siya.

"Told you, it'll work" Xylyx said on the other line.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to" paghingi ko ng tawad. Ang taray ng aura niya, nakakatakot.

I stood up, still my phone is on my ear, and walked outside. "Humanda ka sakin pag aawayin na naman ako non" I told Xylyx.

"She's affected 'no, so I was right" pagmamalaki niya.

"Right saan na naman?"

"It's for me to know and for you to find out. Tanga na lang ang hindi makaka-gets nun. Sige na, papunta na ako diyan, magdadala ako pagkain." she said then the line ended.

Sumilip uli ako sa loob para tingnan siya. Her brows are still furrowed. Para siyang galit sa mundo.

But still, cute.

"You're on your way to your office na?" I heard Zack asked.

"Hmm-mm"

"Oh, tara, sabay na tayo?" aniya at iginiya ako papasok sa elevator ko.

"You're coming again?" asik ko.

"Of course duh, Xylyx is coming, automatic nandoon din ako" he rolled his eyes. Ang arte mo!

"Gagawin niyo na naman akong third wheel sa sarili kong office." I tsked.

"Ganon talaga pag mahal ka ng mahal mo" he smirked.

The elevator tinged, and then it opened. "Sana di kayo magtagal" I uttered before leaving him inside.

"Hoy bunganga mo ha! Matalas pa naman yang dila mo!" dali-dali siyang naghanap ng kahoy at saka kumatok ng tatlong beses. "Eto naman, hindi mabiro, tutulungan pa sana kita sa pag-ibig mo eh"

"Shut up. Sit down and wait for your girlfriend. Be quiet, ayoko ng maingay"

"Yes sir." sumaludo pa siya sakin.

I took off my coat and sat on my swivel chair. I turn my back to the door and faced the huge mirror glass, overlooking the busy road. A smile crawled to my face as I play with the ring on my finger.

Our ring.

Our promise ring.

It never left my finger even after what happened to us. Ewan ko lang sa kanya... I saw no ring on her finger.

Did she lost it?

Did she threw it away?

But no, hindi siya ganun. She don't just dump things away. I saw her once, she used OUR car.

"Greggy" tawag sakin ng isang bwisit na tinig. "Alam kong nagmo-moment ka diyan pero may itatanong lang ako"

Napakadaldal parang babae! Paano na lang kung nandito si Santiago!

"What?" I plainly asked, still not turning to him.

"With what happened to you and Irene, na alam naman ng lahat kung gaano kagrabe. Imagine, wala namang nagloko, wala namang nafall-out of love pero sadyang tadhana na ang tumapos sa inyong kwento... Hindi ba sumagi sa isip mo to find someone new?" he sounds so serious.

"I tried, but no. Everytime I'm with another woman, siya yung naiisip ko. How can I move on when she's always on my mind." I whispered, but enough so he can hear it.

In everything I do, siya ang naalala ko, so papano?

Being with another feels like I'm cheating on her kahit na iniwan na niya ako. And now... she looks so happy. Without me.

No matter how hard I try to keep myself together, I always need someone like her to hold me tighter.

Ang unfair ng mundo.

What happened on that night immediately flashed in my memory.

Why did I let her leave? I was stupid enough to even argue with her, then it went too far that she broke up with me. I'm such an idiot for losing what we have.

But one thing is for sure. No one can replace her. Ever. She already set the standards way too high that only her can reach it, no other else.

Sa lahat ng nagawa ko, siya lang ang tama tapos bigla pa siyang nawala.

Kung maibabalik ko lang ang nakaraan, hinding-hindi ko siya sasayangin.

"What are you going to do now? I heard she's in a relationship with Connor? Kilala ko yon, we were classmates back then. Nagulat nga ako nang binibisita niya si Irene, tapos sabi niya sila daw. Anong plano mo ngayon?" he asked again.

Nagkibit-balikat ako. Ewan ko. Dapat ba may plano? Paano eh magsisimula palang akong lalaban sana, pero alam kong talo na ako.

"Wala ka man lang gagawin para makuha siya ulit?" he paused. "Sabagay, may boyfriend nga pala." he shook his head na parang siya pa ang nawawalan ng pag-asa.

But yeah, she is my Irene. I've got an idea! I will make my way to win her back again. Hindi pwedeng makuha siya ng iba. Wala na akong pake kung sino ang mababangga ko, ang mahalaga, makuha ko ulit ang loob niya.

That's right!

'But what if she doesn't like me anymore?' the other side of me commented.

It feels like nagtatalo ang dalawang sarili ko.

What if ipagtabuyan na naman niya ako?

What if hindi na niya ako kayang tanggapin muli?

What if...

"Hello!" bumukas ang pinto at iniluwa nito ang kanina pa namin hinihintay.

"Babe!" Zack stood up to greet his girlfriend.

"Oh, pinapaiyak mo na naman ba yan?" she pointed me.

"Hindi ah, nagtanong lang naman ako kanina, ayan, nagsesenti na. Pinagalitan kasi ni Irene kanina" Zack defended himself.

I saw how Xylyx smiled. "I know. That was my idea. Brilliant isn't it?" pagmamalaki niya.

"Idea mo yon? Lagot ka, parang galit siya sa buong mundo kaninang iwan namin doon" they both chuckled.

"Bilisan niyong kumain, knock on my door after you're done" I told them and went inside my room. I feel so exhausted.

"Ayaw mong kumain?" Xylyx asked.

"No thanks." ani ko at pumasok na.

I opened my television as I lay on my bed. I place it to music channel and turn the volume on. Hindi ko namalayan na nakaidlip na pala ako.

---

When I woke up, the tv is still on but I can hear loud noises outside. I turned it off and went to open the door. They're still here?

"Kuya Greggy is awake na" a boy pointed his fingers to me.

"Geez, you're here too?" I asked. It's Xylyx's brother, Xyrus. He just widely smile as he eat his food.
"How long did I sleep?"

Zack looked at his wristwatch. "Mag-thirty five minutes lang. Ang bilis mo naman"

Thirty five minutes lang? That felt so long.

"We're going na, baka hanapin ako sa set." Xylyx stood up and carry her bag.

Buti naman.

"Ihatid na kita" Zack offered.

"No need, babe. I brought my van, nasa baba lang. Isasama ko pa si Xyrus." she answered.

"I mean, ihahatid kita sa baba" Zack chuckled. "As if my boss will let me go out during work time" baling niya sakin.

They bid their goodbye now and finally, I'm alone here. I checked my phone and saw a message from her secretary.

Trisha:
Sir, umuwi na po si Ms. Irene, sumama daw po ang pakiramdam niya.
3:27 p.m

Darn it.

Is she okay?

May sakit ba siya?
She looks well naman earlier.

I don't want to be assuming but... Is this because of Xylyx?

I grabbed my things and head out. "Tell everyone you can go home as early as four-thirty" I told Josh.

I'm going home.

When I reached my place, I noticed her floor is still the same way she left it earlier this morning. Hindi pa siya umuuwi.

I immediately sent a text to her secretary.

Greggy:
She brought her car?
3:56 p.m

I know she didn't. I can see her cars parked here.
Good thing she replied agad.

Trisha:
Hindi po. Sir Conrad fetched her po.
3:56 p.m

Oh.

I turned my phone off and placed it in my pocket. After that, I went home.

I keep scolding myself not to be affected too much by her but... it's too hard.

Shit, what did you do to me Irene?

---

Irene's POV

I turned to the right and stretched my arm. This is laziness and unproductiveness I am feeling but I don't want to go to work.

Pa-awkward ng pa-awkward ang nararamdaman ko and it feels so odd. I hate this!

My phone rang again so I picked it up na. Kanina pa to nag-iingay.

"Good morning Miss Ir--"

"Hindi ako papasok Trisha." I immediately cut her words off.

"Masama pa rin po ba ang pakiramdam niyo Miss Irene? Do you need something? Medicine? Foods? Or anything?" sunod-sunod niyang tanong.

That made me smile a bit. "No, I'm good. Basta bahala ka nang magpaliwanag diyan huh, don't worry, I can handle myself here" I didn't gave her chance to speak and ended the call already.

Hindi naman sa masama ang pakiramdam ko. In fact, I'm feeling more than okay. I just don't want to see him, that's all.

I stood up and went to my kitchen. Oatmeal ang una kong nakita kaya iyon na lang ang kakainin ko.

I also texted Leo and asked if they are in his school and he replied yes and there are students in there. Might as well pay them a surprise visit.

When I am ready to go, I look at myself in the mirror. Wearing a shirred bodice dress, I felt good. Okay na yan!

I grabbed my keys and went to my car. I'll be driving once again. Ayokong maka-abala.

Naging banayad ang pagpapatakbo ko para sigurado. I arrived in the school after some time.

"Irene! Ikaw na ba yan?" bungad sakin ni Leo pagpasok ko. OA, parang ilang linggo lang kaming di nagkita.

"Umabsent ka? Nagpaalam ka ba sa ex mo? I mean sa boss mo?" Conrad approached me. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay at hindi na pinansin. Bahala ka diyan.

I peaked inside a room where I heard noise are coming from. Faith is teaching them.

A girl saw me, it's Bellatrix! She waved her hand at me and I just signalled her to keep quiet and listen to their teacher. Good thing siya lang ang nakakita sakin.

I love how unique her name is. She is named after a star in a constellation. The Orion if I'm not mistaken.

"Malapit na silang matapos. Let's go over here muna while waiting for them. I deserve some chikas don't you think?" Leo pulled me.

Here we go again. Maho-hot seat na naman ako ng wala sa oras.

"So... Kumusta ang ganap mo doon?" panimula niya.

I had no choice but to make kwento dahil hindi rin naman ako titigilan. But I just told them some, hindi lahat. I chose not to tell things that will surely make the conversation long. Baka mamaya ang daming follow up question.

"Meryenda muna" Conrad offered.

Oh, kaya pala wala to kanina pa. Mabuti naman at nakaisip at nakagawa siya ng tama ngayon.

After that, we went to check the kids. They ran to me as soon as they saw me.

"Miss Irene!"

"Kailan ka po babalik dito?"

"Miss ka na po namin!"

"Tuturuan niyo na po ba kami ulit?"

Leo immediately calm them. "Students! Listen, Miss Irene is just visiting us today. She's busy and can't teach you muna dahil she got a new work and she needs to focus there. Understood?"

"Yes Sir!" they said in chorus.

I decided to stay for more hours and spend my time with them.

When the clock striked three, I decided to go home so I won't disturb their class.

---

"Miss Irene, pa-sign na lang po sa tabi ng name niyo" Qwyncy gave some papers to me. I did what she said but I don't know what this is for. Ang alam ko lang lahat dito ay pumirma.

"And then, ibibigay kanino?" I asked her. As what I see here, tapos na silang lahat.

"Kay Sir Zack po, akin na po, ibibigay ko."

"No need. Ako na lang, just continue what you are doing" ani ko, tumayo na at pinuntahan si Zack.

"Here" I gave him the papers.

He looked at me, "Ano kasi," he paused. "Kailangan na yan ni Boss, pero..."

I can't stop myself from raising an eyebrow to him. Naiinis ako sa paputol-putol na sinasabi niya. Why not tell it directly.

Nilibot niya ang paningin niya, "As you can see, everyone here has something to do. Okay lang ba sa iyo?"

"What?"

"Baka pwedeng ikaw na lang ang magbigay nito kay Boss, Irene" he scratched his head.

Oh.

I sighed. "Alright"

"Nice" he commented. "Thank you, sorry talaga sa abala"

Tinanguan ko na lang siya at naglakad palayo. Bakit kasi ngayong kailangan dito, wala siya. Pag hindi kailangan, panay naman ang tambay dito.

I entered the lift. Everyone inside greeted me so I just smiled in return. When I reached his floor, I tried to calm myself. I don't know why I'm feeling nervous.

"Your boss inside?" I asked Josh.

"Yes Miss, kakarating lang po."

I showed the papers, silently saying na I have to give him these.

"Pasok na lang po kayo Miss" he said.

Without saying anything, I turned the knob and pushed the door, and went inside.

"Shit!" I uttered a curse. "I'm sorry" ani ko at agad tumalikod.

Paano ba naman kasi! Saktong hinuhubad niya ang damit niya kanina!

I saw him through his reflection on the glass of his picture frame, darn, the way he put his clothes back on.

"You can look now." Malalim ang boses niya. "You saw way more than that, tas ngayon ka pa tatalikod" I heard him whisper but I didn't catch it too well.

"Sorry, I didn't knock, I didn't know that you're ano..." I can't find a right term to continue my phrase.

Normalize blaming Josh. He told me kase na pumasok na lang!

"It's okay" he nodded.

Geez, he looks so good in his attire right now! He's wearing his polo game uniform, at parang kakagaling niya lang maglaro.

"You play polo?" I asked eventhough it's very obvious.

"Yes. I was playing before since I was young but I stopped, then I went back playing recently to divert my attention with what happened... to us." pahina nang pahina ang tinig niya.

Darn! Now this feels more awkward than earlier.

Ano ba yan! I feel so attacked!

I cleared my throat, "Anyway, pinapabigay ni Zack" I handed him the papers.

Nangunot ang noo niya habang tinitignan ito sa kamay ko. "Inutusan ka ba ng Valdez na iyon?"

Sasabihin ko bang oo?

"Ah, no"

"Don't lie to me Irene. We both know hindi ka pupunta dito ng kusa" he stared at me blankly.

Those eyes... they used to be so lively.

"Fine. He did, kase wala nang ibang mautusan. They are all busy so ako na ang pumunta dito" I uttered, avoiding his gaze.

I was too occupied that I didn't notice that he walked towards me. Now, he's just inches away from me!

Dumukwang siya palapit. Nagulat na lang ako nang mawala ang papel na hawak ko.

I heard him chuckle. "Why, were you expecting something?"

What the hell?

Ayoko na dito. Nanghihina ako dito.

"I think I should go na. Baka may gagawin pa ako sa baba" I looked at his face, ngingiti-ngiti na ito.

This man is fooling around!

"Okay. Hindi muna ako pupunta sa inyo, I have things to do here. Ask Zack kung may ipapabigay pa siya dito, I would love accept it if it's from you" ngumiti siya ng nakakaloko.

I ignored him and just turned my back from him. Nang makapasok na ako sa elevator, good thing I'm alone, doon ko nailabas ang pinipigilan kong paghinga.

Shit! What was that?! Nanandya ba talaga ang lalaking iyon?

"You okay Miss Irene?" I heard Trisha asked when I sat on my chair. "Namumutla ka po"

"I'm okay" I tried to not look to her as I assure her that I am really okay.

Bwisit kasi ang Greggy na iyon.

I keep my focus to what I'm doing so I can forget what happened earlier.

Hanggang sa mag-uwian, agad akong nagpaalam at nauna nang bumaba. But to my surprise, his family is here! Right here in the lobby.

Agad akong nag-iwas ng tingin. I took the other way to make sure they won't see me. Pero kung minamalas ka nga naman.

"Si Ate Irene ba 'yon?" I heard Gwen.

Hindi ako lumingon at basta na lang naglakad. There's a group of people going out and I tried to blend with them, kunwari kasama ko sila.

"Wala naman. Kung anu-ano ang nakikita mo Gwyneth ha" Tita Emma uttered.

"Oh, namalik-mata lang ako Mommy" she giggled. "Ang tagal naman ni Kuya!"

Oh no.

I felt relief when I reached the parking lot. I immediately went inside my car. Binuhay ko ang makina nito at umalis na.

Buti na lang dala ko ang sasakyan ko. I can leave whenever I want.

Just in time, when I enterred my condo, the rain started to fall. I looked outside through the window and a familiar car caught my attention. It is parked in front of the building next to ours.

It can't be.

Madaming tao ang may sasakyan na ganyan. I tried to convince myself.

Right, hindi lang siya. It would be impossible kung sa kanya nga yan.

I shrugged him off my mind and just went to the kitchen to look for something to cook. 

After my dinner, I got bored so I went to my room. I fixed my things, at naghalungkat ng pwedeng mahalungkat.

I saw a big box below my vanity mirrror. As much as I don't want to open it, I still want to see everything inside.

Napangiti ako ng mapait nang bumungad sakin ang mga gamit na binigay niya. My hand automatically crawled to my neck. Kinabahan pa ako nang wala akong makapang kwintas, turns out, nasa loob siya ng damit ko. Pinaglaruan ko ang pendant nito habang tinitingnan isa-isa ang mga gamit.

I miss how my very own moon lighten up my dark nights.

Paano na ngayon? Nasanay na ang  mundo ko na umikot lang sa kanya. Paano ko ba siya kakalimutan kung lagi siyang hinahanap ng puso ko.

I took my old phone out and tried to open it, and luckily it light up. This was the phone he bought me when my phone fell and had cracks on it. I just used it for a few months and decided to buy a new one with a new sim card.

Hindi na ako nagulat nang makitang daan-daan ang message niya. Puro 'I miss you', 'I'm sorry', at 'I love you' ang karamihan dito. There's this time that he texted me every hour of the day.

There are even messages from his family. Darn this.

I turned it off again and placed it back in the box. This box contains all of his gifts to me before. I stopped what I am doing when I yawned.

I put it back under my vanity and before I climb to my bed, I went to close the curtains. It's raining so hard that there are even lightning and thunder, which I am very afraid of.

I closed my eyes to sleep when my back hit the soft bed.

---

Another day at work. This is so tiring!

I'm currently here at the storage room and looking for some files. I'm down to the last box, I think it's in here.

I started to hum to entertain myself. Tahimik masiyado.
Then the hum turns into song.

"Why is your voice so sonically pleasing to me?
I can't figure it out
Slight undertones of sadness while you tell me you're gonna leave
I cannot bear to see you smiling in that picture with your friends
I could go on about your smile, it's so grand"

"But you take your time, my love
Don't ever tell me that it just takes time to love
As long as I'm writing this song about your loveliness
Is it too much to ask
For a reply?
Or a text?
Or a way to tell you love me like before"

"Shouldn't I be the one who's singing that to you?" I heard a masculine voice behind me that made me scream.

I couldn't help myself but to glare. "Ano ba! Papatayin mo ba ako sa kaba?" asik ko kay Greggy. Hinawakan ko ang dibdib ko dahil sa pagkagulat.

"Oh" he chuckled. "I heard a familiar sound coming from here so I decided to check it and I was right, it was you" he smiled. "What are you looking for?"

I told him the file that I need and in a blink of an eye, he is reaching for something. "Ito ba?" he showed me a folder.

That's it! That's the one. How come I missed it fron the second box?

"Akin na" I stepped forward to reach it.

"Hold on," he opened it.

"Give it to me, they need that now" I tried to grab it but he raised his hand where the file is.

Are you kidding me?!

I tried my best to reach it but he just keep on laughing.

"Greggy, ano ba! Will you please stop playing games?" I said as I keep on trying to reach it.

"Don't be so serious everytime. You want it, then do your best to get it from me" he smirk.

I am now whining like a kid here.

"Excuse me. Anong meron dito? The storage room is a very quiet place then bigla na lang nag-iingay. What's happening?" Greggy and I both looked at the door and to my surprise, it's Zack!

As Greggy's attention was on Zack, I took that as an opportunity to grab the file and immediately step away from him.

"I found the file" pag-iiba ko ng usapan.

"Yeah, sure you did" dinig kong bulong ng nasa tabi ko.

Lumapit si Zack at binigay ko na ito sa kanya. I was about to leave when I heard Greggy whispered to him.

"Will you please stop giving her your orders. Hindi siya empleyado dito."

"Ay, sorry Boss ha, hindi kasi namin siya gaanong binibigyan ng gawain kaya kapag may ipapagawa, kinukuha niya kasi busy lahat ng tao doon. It's not my fault na matulungin masiyado ang labidabs mo" Zack whispered back.

Nangunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya pero pinagsawalang bahala ko na lang at naglakad na paalis.

At dahil tapos na naman ang ginagawa ko, I feel so bored again. I'm waiting na may ipapagawa na naman sakin.

I took my phone out to drive away the boredom. It's still raining outside. Kaya nga nagtext na agad si Lindsay kaninang umaga.

Lindsay:
Malakas ang ulan, wag kang magdidrive, ihahatid ka namin. It's too dangerous for you to drive alone, madulas ang kalsada. Wait for us before and after your work.
6:46 a.m

That was her text to me early in the morning. Even Conrad texted me!

Conrad:
Maam Isay probably texted you na. Makinig ka sa kanya. Ako yung nakakarinig ng panenermon niya dito parang may ipinaglalaban. Kung di ko lang alam na teacher to, iisipin kong gusto niyang mag-pari.
7:03 a.m

These two never failed to make me laugh. They're like my parents sometimes, daig pa nga si Mommy minsan kung makapag-salita.

"Lend me your ears everyone!" maya-maya ay sabi ni Zack. "I received a memo from the big boss," he then turned to me.

Why do you keep on looking at me everytime you are talking about him?!

"Pwede na tayong umuwi dahil malakas pa rin ang ulan. Baka mahirapang sumakay ang karamihan sa inyo dahil sa pagbaha." he announced.

Nagdiwang naman ang ilan dahil dito.

I immediately sent a message to Conrad na maaga ang uwian namin. And he texted back so quickly.

Conrad:
Same with Isay. Sige we're on our way na.
3:58 p.m

Kahit may memo na, na pwedeng umuwi ng maaga, some of them are still working. I heard them say 'tapusin lang po namin to'

While me, nagpaalam na ako nang nagtext ulit si Conrad na nasa baba na sila ni Isay.

I entered the elevator and luckily, solo ko na naman. The door was about to close when a big hand stopped it.

No, not again!

"I told you to use my elevator" bungad niya at tumindig sa tabi ko. "Ang tigas ng ulo mo." he whispered.

With him standing behind me, I can feel the atmosphere became heated.

Whatever.

I watched the number as it goes down so I can avoid his gaze and not minding that he's just beside me.

When suddenly, I felt the elevator shaked. I panicked but I took my phone out and composed a message.

Irene:
Help, I think we'll be stuck here in the elevator. Siya pa naman ang kasama ko lang dito.

I'm not even sure kung kanino ko yun nasend, kung kay Conrad ba o kung kay Lindsay.

By that 'siya', I'm sure they know who I meant na.

The elevator made a loud creak and began shaking again. Suddenly, the lights started flickering.

I hold on to the handle behind me as I try to compress myself in the corner of the elevator.

My heart race started increasing. "Shit, no, no, no, no" sunod-sunod kong bulong.

God! This is what I hate of elevators. Getting stucked inside. This is one of my fears!

"Hey, calm down" he stood in front of me. He held my trembling hands. "We'll get out of here, we just have to wait. Don't worry, just take a deep breathe." he said and I did. "Relax, hmm"

Not long enough, it started shaking again. Damn it! I saw how he let go of his suitcase and protectively wrapped his hand around my waist.

He was too close that I can smell his perfume. "Don't worry, I got you" he whispered to me.

I looked at my phone and to my disbelief, there's no signal here!

"Wala talagang signal kapag nagkakaganto ang elevator" he informed me.

Shit. How can we go out now? Paano kami hihingi ng tulong?

"We just have to wait until the power is on" he said like he can read what's on my mind.

"For how long?" I bit my lip.

Nagkibit-balikat siya at dahan-dahang umupo sa sahig. I did the same. There's no point of standing here all of the time, paa ko lang ang sasakit.

He got something inside his bag and then he gave it to me. "Drink" aniya.

"No thanks, that's yours an--"

"Malinis yan, drink it now. Look how tensed you are"

I slowly raised my hand to reach it. A smile grew on his face when I started to drink it.

"T-thank you" I sofly said.

I noticed something on his finger. Kataka-taka na iisa lang ang suot niyang singsing gayong engage na siya ngayon.

"I see you're still wearing that?" I kept my gaze on his ring.

"Hmm-mm. And you, hindi na" he pointed out.

My hand went to my neck. It's not in my finger because it's in my necklace.

"Do I have a reason to still wear it?" I asked, our eyes met.

"Wala na ba talaga?" I know what he meant.

Ikaw nga dapat ang tanungin niyan, ikaw itong ikakasal na eh.

"If 'us" is not fixable, should we mend it?" he asked again.

Nanatili akong tahimik at tulala sa baba.

"I think you should stop now" mahinang bulong ko, my breathe is unstable. He's making me so nervous!

"H-hey," lumapit siya nang mapansin ang paghinga ko. "I'm sorry. Did I make you uncomfortable?" he sat in front of me.

Nanatili akong nakayuko, hindi ko namamalayan na nagbalik na pala ang ilaw at gumagalaw na uli ang elevator.

"Irene, I'm sorry, I didn't mean t--"

"Irene!" agad pumasok ang isang lalaki nang bumukas ang elevator sa first floor. I saw how Conrad pushed Greggy away that made him clenched his jaw.

He glanced at him as he guide me to stand up. "Are you okay? Did he do something bad to you?" Conrad asked.

"You better watch your mouth, keep in mind that you're in my territory" Greggy told him, with full of authority.

Conrad just shrugged his shoulder as we walk outside. He opened his umbrella and we went to his car.

"I got your text so I told Conrad to come see you inside. Okay ka lang ba?" Linsay worriedly asked.

I just nodded as an answer.

"Water?" she offered me.

"No, I had water na kanina"

"You have your own water?" she asked again. She knows I don't always carry my water bottle with me.

"He gave me his water." mahinang bulong ko.

I heard her gasp. "Akala ko ba... Oh never mind, I think both of you are close na ulit. That's a good start" she winked at me.

"Yeah, they're close na. Too close that they only have a few inches gap between them" Conrad smirked.

"Did you saw something that I needed to see?" nanlaki ang mata ni Lindsay.

"Yes I did. But I think we should get her home muna. I'll tell it to you later" he told his girlfriend.

These two! Really?!

I didn't mind them and just looked outside the window, watching how the rain drops on it.

Hindi ko namalayan na nakauwi na pala ako at nakahiga na sa kama.

God, that's how preoccupied I am right now?

---

We are having our lunch here at the office. Same as before, wala nang nagbago, he's here once again, joining us for lunch. Even Thiago and Felix are here!

Natambay na nga lang dito, nagrecruit pa ng mga kasama.

"Ah Miss Irene, may lakad po ba kayo sa Saturday?" Girvic asked me.

"I'm not sure. Why?"

"Birthday po kasi yun ni Luke, baka sakaling gusto niyo pong pumunta. He's going to throw a party at eight p.m" she asked, shyly.

"Do I have any schedule on that day Trisha?" I asked. She then took her iPad that I gave her.

"Yung art exhibit po. Six thirty in the evening" she said while scanning the screen.

Oh shoot, right may exhibit pala akong dadaluhan.

I turned to them, "I would love to join you but I can't. I have to be in that exhibit kase" sinsero kong paghingi ng paumanhin.

"Oh, no worries Miss, I understand. There'll be next time pa naman" Luke smiled. "How 'bout you Sir?" he faced Greggy, who's just silently eating and listening to us.

"I have an important event to attend to. Kasama ko sila" he pointed his friends.

The two acted surprise. "Akala ko ba hindi ka sasama kasi boring? Bakit ngayon, sasama ka na?"

"Hush it, you moron!" pasigaw niyang bulong sa kaibigan niya.

I didn't mind them and just do my own thing. Ano na naman bang pake ko.

---

Saturday came and I am getting ready for the exhibit.

I am wearing a red cocktail dress paired with a red stilletos.

Tita nila Alice ang magpapa-exhibit so she asked me if I can grant them one of my works na ipapa-auction.

I said yes since the money that they'll get from the bidding will be donated to different charities. Mapupunta naman ang pera sa tama so I didn't think about it for so long.

Our driver will pick me up in a minute now.

"Asaan po ang bubuhatin Maam?" Mang Alex, our driver, asked when he got here.

"Ito lang po," I said and pointed the painting. "Sa likod na lang po ng sasakyan, thanks"

He nodded and started to walk away, with the painting. Sumunod na ako pababa nang masigurong nakalock na ang condo ko.

There are already lots of people when I arrived in the venue.

"Irene, dear! So happy to see you!" Alice greeted. Bumeso siya sakin kalaunan.

Agad nang kinuha ng tauhan nila ang painting ko upang mailagay sa maliit na stage.

Suddenly, I felt nervous.

Darn! Why am I feeling this?

I excused myself so I can roam around. I am amazed by the artworks that are displayed here.

When suddenly,

"Oops, I'm sorry" someone bumped into my back.

I turned around and I was about to say it's okay but I was taken back when I saw who it was.

What in the world?!

Akala ko ba may importanteng event itong pupuntahan?

Don't tell me itong art exhibit ang important event na iyon?

Bakit? Bakit ba palagi kaming pinagkikita?

"Uy, Irene! Nandito ka pala!" Thiago and Felix waved their hands.

Tinanguan ko lang sila bilang sagot. I also flashed a quick smile to them.

"Who are you with. Come join us muna" Felix said but I refused.

"No, thank you. I'm with my friends, may tiningnan lang ako, babalik din ako doon." I reasoned out.

"Alright, see you around then" he said and that's my queue to leave now.

He just stood there and watch us talk.

Strange, huh.

"There you are. Let's go, nandito na sila Small and Dawn" Alice pulled me. There and then she realized those men who talked to me.

"Oh. My. God!" she excitedly screamed.

"What happened to you?" her sister Small asked.

"He's here! Greggy is here!" she exclaimed. "I thought he will not come kase that's what his secretary told us before. But he's here! Irene talked to his friends too."

"Wow. This is going to be exciting, don't you think?" Dawn playfully said.

Oh no.

Parang gusto ko nang umuwi.

"I think I left my gas stove on back home. I need to check on--"

"Uh-uh, anong uuwi? You always check everything before leaving your house 'no. Let's go get some drinks" Small said and pulled me.

Dang it.

As we are having chikas with the other guests, "We request everyone to gather in the middle because the auction will start few minutes from now. Thank you" they announced.

We didn't mind because they have reserved a place just for us to sit, it's even in the front row.

"Irene, ihuhuli na lang daw yung artwork mo, okay lang ba?" Small said when we went to our seats.

"Yeah, it's okay."

"True, save the best for last, ganon" Dawn chuckled.

"Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!" the auctioneer started so we gave our full attention in the stage as we witness these rich people behind us compete with their money for a painting.

For a good cause tho.

I can't help myself to look at him. Sometimes, I often caught him staring at me but eventually withdraw his eyes when I looked at him.

Why aren't this man doing nothing. Hindi man lang sumali sa bid, sayang ang dami ng pera niya kung manonood lang siya.

"And to end the bidding, may we call on to stage, the artist of the last artwork that we will show, Miss Irene Romualdez Marcos" then a round of applause followed.

Oh shit. Hindi ako nainform na I need to be on stage.

"Go na Irene" Dawn pushed me.

Small and Alice are already on stage. I can't go there alone, nakakahiya!

"You are coming with me" With that, I pulled Dawn to the stage.

I flashed a genuine smile as I face the crowd.

I don't really like this kind of attention from a lot of people but I am trying my best for me not to ruin this special night of the party host.

"Let the auction for this beautiful masterpiece starts now! It will be sold to the highest bidder. Bidding starts at fifty thousand pesos."

Everyone is still silent. They are checking my artwork out. But this one man...

"One hundred thousand pesos" he said as he raise his auction paddle.

Darn. I take back everything I said earlier. Was he waiting for this moment?

"Two hundred thousand pesos" someone tried to compete with him.

"Two hundred eighty thousand pesos"

"Three hundred fifty thousand pesos" he said again.

"Four hundred thousand pesos"

"Four hundred twenty thousand pesos"

"Four hundred fifty thousand pesos"

"Five hundred thousand pesos"

"Five hundred seventy thousand pesos"

"Six hundred fifty thousand pesos"

"Eight hundred thousand pesos" I saw how his jaw clenched.

"Nine hundred thousand pesos"

Woah, slow down people. Those big amount of money makes me dizzy.

Unti-unting dumadami ang nakiki-agaw sa kanya.
He looks so pissed now.

"Five million!" he raised his auction paddle once again. He even stood up from his seat.

Umugong ang bulungan at hiyawan dahil dito.

"Oh my god!" Small even exclaimed.

Damn!

Five million? For my artwork?

Not that I am complaining because this is to help charities, but what the hell?

"Nangagamoy personal to" I heard Dawn whispered to our friends.

I saw Thiago and Felix pulled their friend to sit. Ganyan nga, pigilan niyo yang baliw niyong kaibigan.

"Hoy, seryoso ka?" Thiago asked him and he didn't even hesitate to nod.

Oh god. He's out of his mind.

"Going once, going twice, and sold to Mr. Araneta!" the auctioneer chanted.

Umalingawngaw sa tenga ko ang lakas ng hiyawan at palakpakan.

"This artwork is now yours, Mr. Araneta. Thank you and congratulations, you'll bring this mastrerpiece home."

"Including the artist?" he smirked.

I heard a squeal beside me. No other than, these friends of mine.

Oh please stop.

"I have no rights to comment on this one Sire" the auctioneer chuckled. "Anyways, thank you ladies and gentlemen. This ends the auction now. Enjoy and have a good night"

I immediately walked away. I went outside and found a mini garden. I sat on the bench near the fountain.

Doon lang ako nakahinga ng maluwag simula pa kanina.

Now this is peace. Silent night, under the bright stars and moon and solitude.

But then it was ruined when I felt a pair of eyes watching me.

"There's no point in hiding. I know you're behind me." I sighed.

And I was right. A man went out from the big tree and walked towards me.

"May I?" he smiled, referring to the vacant seat beside me.

I just nodded and kept my eyes staring at the night sky.

"Your artwork is very beautiful. Amazing, as always" he complimented.

For an unknown reason, I smiled. "Thank you."

"I was wondering where you got that from" he uttered again.

"Got what?" I furrowed my brows.

"Your beautiful smile" he looked at my lips.

Ano ba!

Hindi ko na naman napigilan ang sarili ko sa pagngiti.

Kumalma ka nga Irene!

"Cute" I heard him whispered.

I ignored him na and just focused at the sky. There is a moment of silence between us until he spoke again.

"The stars are beautiful, aren't they?"

Natigilan ako. Oh god.

I literally know what that means. Don't tell me... Oh no, he can't be serious.

Let's just pretend we have no idea on what he really mean. "Yes they are"

He scoffed. Not believing I didn't understand him, but then, "They shine so bright but you are outshining them" kindat niya pa.

Tama na! Nakakarami ka na ngayong gabi!

I smiled and shook my head slowly. Then suddenly, I yawned.

"Sleepy?" he askes when he saw it.

"A bit" I gestured with my hands.

I felt him leaning closer to me and tap his shoulder, it's like he's offering it so I can lay my head on it.

I didn't hesitate to do so. I can now smell him because of our closeness.

I can hear him gulping everytime so I withdrew my head from his shoulder to look at him. He's looking at my eyes, then to my lips.

Nang unti-unti niyang inilapit ang mukha niya sakin. Awtomatiko namang napapikit ang mata ko at umawang ang labi ko.

This felt so odd but I didn't mind that feeling.

Without saying anything, I felt his soft lips on mine. Gently moving it as if he's gonna break it if he'll become rough.

My arms clung on both of his shoulder. Our lips moved in sync.

I don't even know why I let him.

"Nasaan na ba ang Aranetang iyon. Magbibid ng napakalaki tapos ngayon, ang hirap niyang hagilapin!" we heard voices not far away from us.

"Will you please use your eyes instead of your mouth? Tsaka ano bang paki-alam mo eh barya lang naman yon kay Greggy. And besides, alam mo naman kung kaninong painting iyon. Let's just find him dahil baka mamaya mapagkamalan pa siyang bogus" It was Felix and the other one is Thiago!

We immediately let go of each other because of what we heard. Greggy held my hand and slowly and carefully,we went to the tree that he used to hide to earlier.

"Hoy gago, may nag-mumukbang'an kanina doon sa may fountain, nakita mo?" Thiago asked.

"Nag-mumukbangan?" Felix sounded confused.

"Someone's kissing over there!"

Shit!

"Ang daldal mo na nga, chismoso ka pa. Pero hindi ko nakita. Nakita mo kung sino?" usyoso pa ng isa.

"Madilim eh, I can't see their faces." Thiago replied.

"Don't mind them, let's go look for that Araneta."

And then we heard footsteps walking away. Phew! Finally!

"Are you okay?" baling sakin ni Greggy.

I nodded and showed him a thumbs up. "I think we should get inside na, my friends are sending me messages kanina pa" I showed him my phone.

"Alright, you go ahead, susunod ako" aniya kaya tumango ako.

"Oh, there you are! Kanina ka pa namin hinahanap. Where have you been?" Small asked when she saw me.

"I just went outside, nagpahangin lang. Anyways, where's your tita? Magpapaalam lang sana ako, I need to go home na."

"Ay, sabay na tayo. Let's go find Tita Amalia." ani Dawn at hinila na ako.

Nang makapagpaalam na kami, hinatid kami ni Small at Alice palabas.

"Don't forget our lunch tomorrow ha!" Alice waved her hand.

"Inform the group chat where and what time. Bye na" Dawn bid her goodbye, so I did too.

"Kami na bahala magsabi kay Greggy na nakauwi ka na" Small even teased me! Jusko naman, pauwi na't lahat.

I made a face and went inside the car na. "Sa mansion na lang Mang Alex" I told my driver.

Naging swabe ang trapiko kaya hindi yon naging problema.

Everyone is asleep na so I just went straight to my room, change my clothes and went to bed.

---

When I woke up the next day, I think they're already awake na. Paglabas ko ng kwarto, instead of going down, I went to the nursery room. The three children are there, and Liza.

"Oh, when did you get here?" gulat na tanong ni Liza.

"Last night. You slept here?" balik kong tanong.

"Oo, ang kuya mo kasi" she said. I understood it quickly, they fought.

I went to my nephews pero tulog pa si Sandro at Mike. Borgy as the best kuya, binabantayan niya ang nakababatang kapatid at pinsan niya.

"You hungry na ba?" I asked him.

"No pa po Tita" he answered but then we heard his stomach crumbled. Napatawa naman kami ni Liza dahil dito. "Yes pala Tita" he grinned.

"Alright, let's go downstairs. Ikaw Liza?"

"Dito muna ako. Sandro and Mike are still sleeping. And Bong is probably there, so maybe later." Their fight must've been serious huh.

"Sige, una na kami." I said and carried Borgy with me. Ang bigat na niya!

"Good morning" I greeted when we entered the kitchen. Si Mommy at Bonget palang ang nandoon.

"Good morning. When did you get here?" she asked me the same question Liza asked.

"Last night Mommy, after ng pinuntahan kong exhibit, dumiretso na ako dito" I said as I put Borgy down on his seat.

Few minutes later, pumasok ang Manang namin na malaki ang ngiti sa labi. "Good morning!" she greeted then she looked at me. "Nandito ka na pala"

"Mukhang masaya ka ah, where's your husband?" puna ni Mommy.

"Susunod na Mommy, he's just fixing himself" she answered.

"Tawagin niyo na rin si Liza para sabay-sabay na tayo" Mommy

"We're still not in goood terms Mom, ayaw niya akong kasabay." malungkot na ani Bonget.

"Ako na ang tatawag, she'll just sit here beside me" I said and stood up.

When I reached the nursery, I pushed the door to open. "Hey, breakfast is ready. Pinapatawag ka ni Mommy para sabay-sabay tayo" I told her.

She looks hesitant at first pero agad din siyang tumayo. "Can you carry Mike?" she asked me so I went to the crib to get him.

We went down the stairs with Sandro in Liza's arm and Mike on mine. Kita ko ang pagtalim ng tingin niya sa kapatid ko nang makapasok kami ng kusina. "You can sit beside me" I whispered to her.

I gave my nephew to his mother and went to my seat. After gracing the foods, we started eating.

"I will be going out and I can't join you for lunch" Mommy spoke when we're about to finish my food.

"Me too Mommy. I'm going out with my friends" paalam ko.

"Okay, ingat kayo" si Manang Imee na ang sumagot.

There's this big smile on her lips again. I wonder why she's so happy while our brother is miserable because of their arguement with Liza.

---

Nakaalis na si Mommy, kanina pa at nakaligo na rin ako. It's already quarter to eleven so I am now getting ready.

I went to the kitchen for a while to drink water when I saw my brother in the garden. Nakita kong kakaakyat din ni Liza kanina, galing din ata siya dito.

I glanced at my brother once again. Para na siyang naiiyak habang nakatingin sa kawalan.

"Wala pa rin?" I asked him when I went near him.

He sighed and shook his head. I won't ask what happened to them na kase that's their personal thing. Sa kanilang mag-asawa na lang iyon, wag na ako idamay.

Unti-unting tumulo ang luha sa mata niya. "Please, I won't comfort you if you cry" kunyaring sabi ko. But I was just kidding.

I hugged him and he hugged me back. Para akong nagpapatahan ng bata dahil nakaupo siya at nakatayo lang ako.

I heard him sniff. "Hey tama na. May lakad pa ako" I joked to make him feel better. "Papansinin ka din nun, just give her some time. Try mong suyuin lang ng suyuin until makulitan siya sayo."

Humiwalay siya sakin at nagpunas ng luha. "Sige na, baka ma-late ka" he chuckled a bit.

---

"Sorry! Natraffic lang" bungad ni Ana nang makarating siya.

Hindi nagtagal, dumating na ang mga pagkain and as usual, chikahan. Of course, hindi na yan mawawala.

"Oo nga pala Irene," baling sakin ni Cristina na katabi ko lang. "I heard from Dawn about what happened last night."

Oh no, here it goes now.

"Ano yan? Hindi ata ako naambunan ng chika?" Audrey playfully said.

I saw them smirk, Dawn is even wagging her eye brows. Small and Alice too.

"Greggy Araneta bid her painting for five million pesos. That was the highest bid last night" pag-uulit ni Alice sa nangyari.

"Imagine, he was so quiet the whole time and when it was time for Irene's painting, hindi na siya nagpatalo" dugtong pa ni Small.

"Very suspiscious huh" ngumiti ng nakakaloko si Dawn sakin.

"Their soup here is very delicious. You should try it" I am trying to change the topic as I sip on my soup.

Hindi nila pinansin ang sinabi ko at pinagpatuloy ang paguusap tungkol sa art exhibit kagabi.

"Sayang hindi ako nakapunta" Cristina uttered again.

"Nag-usap ba kayo?" Michelle asked me.

All their eyes went straight to me, waiting for my answer. "He just complemented my painting and I said thanks. Yun lang" I can still remember the way his lips brush on mine. Damn it!

"Ay ang hina naman" Audrey joked.

Kung alam niyo lang...

"Do you still work in Leo's school?" Cristina whispered to me.

"Y-yes. Why?"

"Kase I saw you a lot of times na sa company ni Greggy. Diba ang way papunta sa work ko ay madadaanan doon. Kaya I am wondering what are you doing there" she gave me a suspiscious look.

Oh no.

"Ano kasi... May hiningi lang na favor. Oo, tama, I'm just doing someone a favor, pero secret na lang yun."

"Si Greggy?" she asked again.

"No. Definitely not h-him."

"Oh, okay. Akala ko siya" aniya at bumaling na sa kinakain.

Phew. That was close.

This should stay as a secret muna. I don't know how to tell them.

Paano? Sasabihin ko na nabangga ko ang company truck ng ex ko at bilang kabayaran, magtatrabaho ako sa isang trabaho na hindi ko naman gamay at malayong-malayo sa kaalaman ko?

That's very stupid.

***************************************************************************************

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

63.9K 2.8K 46
"I yearned and I longed. Someday, you'll remember me as someone you met from your past"
34.3K 1.7K 32
Is it too late to fix everything? Are they still fixing things between them or keep hurting each other by bringing up the past and the life that she...
74.1K 3K 64
A handsome debonair and a charming maiden met through a night of pleasure. Will they ever cross lives again? Or will they pass it off as a one night...
25.5K 2K 38
Growing up with a powerful family has it's ups and downs. You indeed get to have perks for carrying such a prominent surname, but to what extent can...