The Seawitch's Regret: A Litt...

By legendaryfever

(COMPLETED) A Little Mermaid Retelling through the Seawitch's eyes like never stated before. Everyone always... More

🧜🏽‍♀️🧭 Tags and Promotion 🍄🦢
The Seawitch's Regrets (Aesthetics)
The Seawitch's Regret (0)
The Seawitch's Regrets (1)
The Seawitch's Regret (2)
The Seawitch's Regret (3)
The Seawitch's Regret (4)
The Seawitch's Regret (5)
The Seawitch's Regret (6)
The Seawitch's Regret (8)
The Seawitch's Regret (9)
The Seawitch's Regret (10)
The Seawitch's Regret (11)
Seawitch's Regrets (12)
The Seawitch's Regret (13)
The Seawitch's Regret (14)
The Seawitch's Regret (15)
The Seawitch's Regret (16)
The Seawitch's Regret (17)
The Seawitch's Regret (18)
The Seawitch's Regret (19)
The Seawitch's Regret (20)
The Seawitch's Regret (21)
The Seawitch's Regret (22)
The Seawitch's Regret (23)
The Seawitch's Regret (24)
The Seawitch's Regret (25)
The Seawitch's Regret (25 Continued)
The Seawitch's Regret (26 B#1)
The Seawitch's Regret (27 B#2)

The Seawitch's Regret (7)

8 2 2
By legendaryfever

A Gathering Across the Sea

I was dead nervous.

I did everything I could to make myself look not scary.

I would never dreamed of doing this ever, but Levy's last letter worried me so much.

I know she loves me how I am and would never change me, but other seafolk can be so not understanding.

And I don't want to be a mermaid, the abyss I would rather be a rotten toad or a human.

And that's saying a lot.

Ardizevepa can shapeshift into any being we want, but I prefer my true form as many others do as well.

The only thing I ever changed was having a specific part that defined me as male or female.

I was told it was semiformal so I had a not as fancy jacket like at Levy's party.  It was a bit more modern, and casual.  I had four unbuttoned buttons and I dressed my tail in a flowy casual skirt.

After meeting, Levy, she made me appreciate myself, who I was, and what I looked like.

She told me my skin and scales of scrub was beautiful.  This darkened ton with colorful blue and green scaly hues that filled my skin made my form glow.

That thought alone made me smile, and I was going to see her finally after a few months less than a year.

I arrived at the destination.

A part of me was waiting for someone to laugh at my face and tell me it is all a joke and this gathering was a dirty trick.

I leaned inside and to my very own doubts and relief, there were sea beings.

Maybe I shouldn't have come...

I mean they all seem to be enjoying themselves and this will make me look stupid.

And nobody has seen me yet, quick I can leave now and it will be fine.

I went back outside in the open ocean.

No harm will ever be done, I can tell Levy that something came up at the last minute and I couldn't make it....

She would totally be heartbroken if I did that.

I shook my head, I can't do that to her.  Besides I've been wanting to see her ever since she left.

I went back inside and peered around.  Everyone wore casual to fancy outfits and I thankfully, fit right in.

Then I spotted Laiken, but his sister was nowhere in sight.

Abyss to this!

I muttered, decided to not care and talk to Laiken because if anyone he would know where his sister is.

"Hey," I casual said, putting my arm around him.

Just to see what would happen, no other reason whatsoever.

But Laiken being Laiken and the coolest mer around just smiled and stick with it.

"Dudeee that seafolk just casually put their arm on you all flirtatiously and all," one of the individuals said laughing at Laiken who just nodded.

"Ooooooh who the sea species?" Another whistled, "Cause I'm not sure what they are but I don't want to be rude either, like I'd call them mer but that not no mer!"

The rest of them laughed as well.

"I'm not here for you." I simply stated making the others around gasp and start dying from laughter even more.

"The oceans, they broke up with you unless..." Another make a shocked dramatic expression, "They got caught in quite the scandalous relationship!  The cheater!"

This cause them all to start laughing even harder.

Laiken himself was just smirking at the situation, it was ironic.

"I haven't seen my sister, I know far too well you're not here for me and that she'd stay up in her given room for hours every time she got one of your letters." I opened my mouth is shock.  He nodded at my surprised face.
"Immediately she would write a response.  So I'm guessing she invited you and is expecting you, Alehkzir.  Though I wouldn't be surprised if you just came here on your own." He laughed.

"No, I totally would that's why she refused to tell me where it is!" I grinned, which made Laiken chuckle.

I turned to some of the others, "I'm Alehkzir."

"Dude, we're just messing with you though!" One of the exclaimed, "I swear he never dates or anything that's why we have this on going gag that he has some secret lover, Alehkzir."

"Isn't just because he is crowned pri-" One of the friends covered my mouth.

"Hey not so loud, Laiken doesn't want everyone to know.  The first year he was here it got bad and whenever someone found out... BOOM!" He made a dreadful loud noise, "They try to get close and use him."

I nodded understanding.

"That's with any of his siblings too..." Then the big laughter in the group seem to trail off, "Well the others seem to use everyone themselves so who in their right minds would use them?"

Laiken chuckled at that, "There not my siblings." He narrowed his eyes, "Anyone who is like that isn't.  And Lysandria is a sister to another mother."

"Pffft," Some of them laughed, not believing him, "Oh come on just because some act that way, you don't like them?  You all were born and raised by the same two lovely parents of yours."

I looked at them, they must have no idea they were half siblings.

"Yeah," one of the others agreed, "You can't just think Levias and Lysandria are your siblings and the rest aren't."

"I can," he stated firmly.

I then spoke up, "Speaking of where is she?"

"Haven't seen her.  Like all day.  Last night she wouldn't let me see her.  I think she was crying but I couldn't tell since mermaids do not have any tears to shed." He smiled sadly,  "We have no soul, no tears, no life after we die.  So when our time is up we vanish with only seafoam in the remain where only our memories left to remember us."

I stared in shock.

Is that true?

"But we live a good 600 years, so it is fine." One of the others said to reassured me.

I must have looked sad.

So in afterlife, we won't be together.

I hope I don't die for 584 more years...

Suddenly someone caught my eye.

Levy

A girl so beautiful and sweet who I wouldn't dare think would face any harm, but in fact does.

Her hair that was always so long and wavy, had braids in between and was shorter than I last seen.

She was in what seem to be in a uniform similar to her brother and his friends.

Besides her were some mermaids and other seafolk of unknown origins.

They were some she got close to I think?

She turned this way,
Our eyes met.

Paradise!

I waved and smiled a smile so small but had so much meaning, I felt like I was blushing even.

And she, oh her eyes told it all.
They glimmered and widened, she was excited I was here.

Grinning, I swam over to her with the fastest speed I could muster.

Laiken and his friends must have been lost at words because I was gone and it was like I disappeared.

Though, it wasn't unlikely that I couldn't do that....

"Levy!  Levy! Ohh Levias!" I exclaimed  over and over again until I was right next to her.

I leaned over and laid my head right on her shoulder while hugging her.

"Alehkzir! Alehkzir! Alehkzir!" She did exclaimed equally in excitement when I was right next to her.

She was jumping up in down with me in her arms.

I looked over to see her friends shocked faces.

"Well, are you going to introduce us?" One girl with long dark hair asked with no comment about me being different whatsoever.

"Nah," Levy said, I laughed that's my Levy with the sass.

I taught her well.

"Wait why do they get to call you Levy?" A guy with long black tuffs asked, "I tried calling you that at the beginning of the semester and you went off on me."

I laughed, "That's obviously cause you aren't me." Then I made a face at him.  "I'm her number 1."

Levy laughed making a face, "They're right.  Only Alehkzir can do that plus I like it when they do it."

"Really?!" I hyped up in excitement.

"Yeah, but I like it to be only our thing y'know." She smiled.

"Also I'm Alehkzir," I grinned, "Levy's one and only closest!"

They all looked at me in confusion.

"What?" I turned from looking at them to Levy, "Why are they making the face like those prejudiced white blondes at that party?"

She burst into giggles.

"N-nothing about you it's just I could've sworn Levias said you were a mermaid."

"You assumed, assumed so much that I was shocked and rather not correct you."

"A mermaid?" I made a displeasing face, "Ugh I'm insulted," I raised my eyebrows and lifted my arms, "I rather not be one of them.  I only met three mers that didn't hate me for stupid reasons."

"And I'm the first one!" She grins holding me close.

If I had to say who was the boss the the friendship-relationship it would be her.  I'd do anything for her...To protect her.

"Excluding Laiken, have you met her other siblings or relatives?" They tilted their head.  I pointed out, "See they act terrible.  And they cannot stand the sight of me, not that I make it easier for them." I grinned.

"What did you do?" Levy looked at me thrilled.

"I might've... Just might've turned Luzamine into a green frog and her mother screeched at me so I turned her into a vulture that can survive in the sea.  If they are like that when I come back, it means that it wasn't a temporary one." I laughed at the end.

"Alehkzir... You're something else.  What did Father say?" She asked worried.

"I left before anyone could say anything.  They should be back to normal tomorrow when I go back... Well now that I think about it," I nod my head, "Yep I have decided I am enrolling with you."

She sighed, "Oh no, you aren't." She shook her head, "We already had this conversation and you aren't."

"But what if I did?" I challenged back, with an equally silly grin, "It will be fine.  This place is fine.  Your home is fine.  I'll survive there too.  It's not too much above."

"No." She stated firmly, "Look you can visit during events like this, but you cannot stay."

"Oh come on! I'm all alone down there just looking at random spells to prank your relatives and that's getting boring!  That says something cause you know I love to do that!  Laiken is here too which means this place is absolutely cool." I lay back, casually.

"I don't know what's worse the fact you could someday just never go back where it is safe or your obsession with my brother." She states with a questioning look.

I jump, my hair getting spiky, "What?!  I don't have an obsession with Laiken!  He's just really cool all right?" I rub my neck,  "He gives the awesome celebrity older brother vibes and I totally admire that!" I explained, my face heated, but they couldn't tell except maybe Levy since she always knows what gets me like this.  "Besides technically he is not really older than me, but I'm older than him."

Her friends all stared at me, "W-w-what?!  You're not 16?"

I laughed, "Yeah, that was last year.  Though I have to say between the two of us, we both changed some." I smiled softly.

"I mean I guess it's true, I cut my hair a bit and wear braids now." She looked down.

"Yeah, I noticed." I muttered casually while still grinning, "And you're 16 now while I'm 17."

I turned around and noticed people starring, let them stare. I thought, let them know that it doesn't bother you.

"Levy I-" A voice so unimportant broke my thoughts and interrupted me that I wouldn't even dare to say what I was trying to say again.

"Levias, come with me quickly!" That voice exclaimed.  It made me feel forgotten.  The mermaid took ahold of Levy's arm and rushed her away.

And at once I was alone.

I frowned.

This isn't fair to her.

Me being here isn't fair to her, she is here to become better but I'm the only one that is preventing her from growing and changing.

Everyone is meant to change, but I'm stopping that.

If I disappeared then it would all be better?

I ignored everyone and act selfishly with all the others, only smiling and showing pretend exchanges to the others for her.

I saw Levi laughing in the distance, hmm.

Maybe I should leave now?

Who am I kidding, she doesn't want me to stay anyways.

But that's because if you're away from the abyss too long you might have major side affects, a little voice whispered to me, but I choose to ignore it.

The directors had an instant glare and  everything about them made me angry.

They didn't trust me.

I wouldn't trust myself either, I laughed dryly.

I blew into my palm, an orb of magic appeared instantly.

I grinned, oh this might be fun.

Now who to choose as the victim..

The nasty directors, Laiken's cool friends, or Levy's friends?

... Ah yes, that's it!

I clapped my hands together and threw the orb.

"Magnavu giuz potanji chenuz," I whispered right as it jumped from my hands.

A bright gigantic pink whale sprouted out from a tail and their skin turned coral as her hair turned the deepest shade of red.

The director didn't seem happy what I done to them.

Everyone else looked around in shocked or confusion.

Levy, however, was biting her bottom lip trying to hold herself back from laughing.  Her deep red eyes gleamed brightly and her features showed amusement.

Then I threw another one, "capuzi altovu meduzoljiae," I whispered again.

The girl who dragged Levy away suddenly shrieked.  Her hair turn green and her braids turn longer and formed into tentacles.  It almost reminded me of Keth Zykrula's form a bit.  Her body had no skeleton and floated around like an aimless plankton or jellyfish.

Levy was amused, like usual and thought the whole thing was hilarious.

"H-haydia... A-are you alright?" She asked between laughs and giggles.

Her friend wasn't amused.  She seem to be the only who found the situation funny.

It was a shame.

Laiken, however, did have a smile twister at the corner of his mouth.

Wasn't I trying to impress their friends and everyone here though?

But then some sort of envy or jealousy took over me that she was spending time with another friend...

I swam over towards Levy about to apologize.

"Alehkzir!" Levy grinned from ear to ear, "Oh wow, that was funny!  You should do more, right Haydia and Xaranto?" She turned to them smiling.

They looked at each other shocked, "Uhh I don't want to be an stupid octopus monster!" The girl exclaimed putting her hands to her face, hiding herself.  "Now I'm ugly!"

Levy held a small smile, "Well I think octopuses are cute, besides it is just a funny prank!" She laughed casually.

I nod, "It should wear off in a few hours," I told her.

"Hours?!" The one name Xaranto exclaimed, "Why did you do that in the first place?!" He yelled as if it was him turned octopus, but it was nothing of that sort at all.

Levy and I pressed our lips together in a thin line trying hard not to laugh at the situation, but we couldn't help it and then we both burst into chorus of laughter as well rolled around in circles.

"Pffft... Hahah.. ho..hehe. teehaah.. ha... Haha... I'm sorry.. it's just that... The situation is so... Hogan hehe tahah.. funny...," Levy exclaimed at last, taking awhile to stop laughing.

I grin equally with my head against her as we always used to do.

They glares at us and swam away annoyed.

"Rude much," I complained, "Seriously nobody here has a sense of humor."

Levy sighs, "I know right, everyone is so serious and nothing can be done to anyone to tarnish anything about them even for a small harmless prank like this!" She exclaims with her arms raising up from frustration.

"I missed you," I laid my head on her.

She smiles and pet my hair.  Sometimes I wonder if I acted more like a pet than an actual somebody.

"Me too Alehkzir.... Me too," She whispered, hugging me.

And with that I knew at once that there was nothing more special than us being together.

At that moment my doubts shrunk and I could be happy being her closest companion.

Because I knew, she wouldn't change this for the world and I wouldn't either...

And if I ever left or disappeared away from her sight, I'd knew she would be heartbroken and so I continued to be her friend, her close ally in it all,even if I dream and wish for us to be everything more because I will continue to write letters as always waiting and waiting and waiting.... for each and every day until one day she returns home to me...

//Legend here, the next chapter is back to letters\\

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 1K 35
*Completed* He stares down into the princess's stormy grey eyes. He smiles at her, though on the inside; he wants to kill her right now and be over i...
151K 8.3K 26
Edited In a vast and mysterious land where no human can reach and only aquatic being had put eyes upon. Under all the darkness and the mysteries of t...
73.4K 3.2K 36
"You're a what.?" He asked in disbelief. "I'm a mermaid. That's why I brought you here. To the place where I became one." I explained. "Avery, I don'...
2.8K 51 13
One day on a stormy night a young mermaid meet a young prince saving his life from drowning into the ocean. Later on they meet again but this time it...