stubborn ✧ s.w. / n.m.

By jckseunie

"Not until you admit it, sweet cheeks." More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
CHARACTERS!
hi. it's been a while :)

eighteen

9.3K 219 34
By jckseunie

"Hey Shawn, where's the extra keys?" I bounced down the stairs. Just in case he and I were to lose ours, I needed to give the extras to the two people who I could rely on: Johnson and Blair.

"In the garage, I think?" His brows crinkled. I nodded, making my way to the garage. Flipping on the light switch, I went down the two steps and rummaged through a drawer.

"Ah ha," I victoriously smiled, holding up two spare keys. I left the drafty room, meeting everyone back at the front of the house.

"Catch," I yelled, tossing Blair and Johnson the keys. J instantly put it on his key ring while Blair dropped it in her purse. The rest of the group looked at me with expectant stares, probably wondering why I didn't give them keys to the house.

"Don't look at me like that," I laughed. "You guys can't even handle your alcohol; no way am I giving you keys to this house." They blinked a few times, before nodding in agreement, knowing I was right.

"So are we gonna sit here all day watching tv, or are we gonna go to the beach?" Gilinsky piped up, looking bored.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but we're gonna change," The girls and I laughed.

"Can I come?" Sam sat up from his spot.

"Sit down, Wilkinson," I warned and ran upstairs.

"Can I borrow one of your bottoms, Lil?" Serena rummaged through her suitcase.

"Yeah, sure," I pulled open my drawer, showing her a few different swim bottoms. I then pulled out a black swim top with a strappy back. Taking a mint bottom, I scurried to the bathroom to change.

"So what's the deal between you and Gilinsky? Are you guys official now?" I smirked, walking out of the bathroom. Gathering up all my hair, I tied it in a messy bun and grabbed my sunglasses.

A blush crept up Serena's cheeks as she hid her face from Blair and I. The way she is so giddy at the mention of Jack G and how red her cheeks get, tells us that it is official.

"Tell us the details!" Blair ran to her and smacked her arm. They sat on my white comforter covered queen, but before Serena could utter out a word, a knock on the door interrupted her.

"I got it," I huffed.

"What?" I jokingly groaned.

Sam grumbled, "God, Lily, what are you doing to me?" His eyes scanned up and down my barely clothed body.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I crinkled my brows, knowing exactly what he meant. He wants a kiss, but I wasn't going to always give in so easily, as hard as it is to resist that face.

He suddenly grabbed me by waist and out of the room, backing up so my back hit the wall.

"Someone can't control their hormones," I stifled a laugh. He growled, burying his face in my neck. He peppered my neck with kisses and giggles erupted from my mouth.

"As much as your squirming amuses me, I need to get back to the girls," I lightly pushed him back and sprinted into the room. From behind the door, I could faintly hear his loud groan.

"Now spill!" I took a seat on the bed.

"So, we've been official for a little over two weeks and it's honestly been so great," She blushed. "He's nothing but sweet to me and it feels like we just met. I really feel like we'll last, as creepy as that might sound. I don't know why we suddenly got together, but I'm so happy it happened because he makes me feel alive, so giggly, so loved. And being one of my best friends as well, he knows my secrets and the little things."

"You're in love," Blair teased with a sing-song tone. I nodded, a smile taking over my face.

"Shut up," Serena placed her head in her hands. "Let's go outside, I need to tan!"

They went ahead while I grabbed my towel from my bathroom. Sam appeared at the door, a smirk on his face.

"You," He pointed. "Are going to pay for leaving me earlier."

I slowly walked up to him with an innocent smile, "Oh? And what are you going to do about it, Wilkinson?"

That stupid, cute, smirk remained on his face as he picked me up in one swift motion and tossed me over his shoulder.

"Sam!" I shrieked. "Put me down!"

"No can do, baby." I could practically feel that smug smile appear on his face.

"At least the view isn't so bad," I teased.

"Yeah, I'm pretty content with my view, too," He laughed. I rolled my eyes involuntarily and let myself relax as Sam walked down to the beach.

"Ok, we're here," I lifted my head. "Will you set me down now?"

"Told you you were going to pay for teasing me earlier," His voice was laced with mischief. No. He wouldn't.

"Sam," I warned. The sound of the waves became louder as it flooded my ears. With each step, I was afraid he would instantly drop me. "Sam, please. I'm begging you."

"Sorry, princess," He lifted me off his shoulder and I struggled to get out of his strong grip.

"No, no!" I kicked my legs and flailed my arms around, but it was not going to make a difference since the water was already up to his thighs.

He smirked at me, then closed the gap between us, bringing me with him underwater. My eyes instinctively screwed shut to keep out the salt water and my hands grasped onto Sam's smooth cheeks, pulling him closer to me. His fingers dug into my hips, my skin tingling from the contact.

A few seconds later, we resurfaced and Sam let out a loud laugh. I coughed up some salt water and combed my fingers through my hair.

"You're an idiot," I laughed, treading to keep myself afloat. I failed to notice we drifted out farther than where we initially were.

"Payback, baby," He winked.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Let's go back to shore."

I swam first, but abruptly stopped when something smacked my bottom.

"Sam!" My mouth fell open. "It's like your hormones are going crazy today."

"What can I say? When my girl is wearing something like that, it's hard to keep my hands to myself." His infamous smirk never left as he spoke those words.

My face heated as I turned around and swam away. Oh boy, what is he doing to me? I settled down on my towel, soaking in the sun to tan my pale body. Momentarily, the sun vanished and I removed my sunglasses, only to be met by Sam's angelic features.

"You're blocking the sun," I rolled my eyes.

"That's no way to talk to your boyfriend," He pouted. The word brought goosebumps to rise, as we had not characterized each other like that yet.

"Boyfriend?" I rose an eyebrow. "Who said you were my boyfriend?"

His eyes turned dark as he lowly spoke, "Do you want me to drag you back out there?" He pointed to the ocean.

I laughed, the corners of my eyes crinkling, "I'm kidding, dip shit. Just lay down and shut up."

"Sassy," He scoffed. I nudged his ribs--roughly, causing him to hiss. I stifled a smile, but failed.

"Alright, you love birds, let's play chicken fight." Cam devilishly smiled, gripping onto Blair's waist.

"Can we? Please!" Sam stood up, jumping up and down like a 5-year-old.

"Yeah," I laughed, shaking my head. "Remind me why I'm dating you? You're more childish than Hayes."

"I'm just so irresistible," He winked.

Rolling my eyes, I scoffed. "Someone's cocky."

He kissed my cheek, forcefully pulling me towards the water. We traveled to waist deep water and I hopped onto Sam's shoulders. Blair did the same and Nash came along to 'judge'.

"Y'all know the rules," Nash boomed. "First one to fall loses."

"Ready?" He continued. We nodded, waiting for his signal.

"Go!" He shouted, Sam and Cam charging towards each other. Blair and I grabbed onto each other's shoulders, trying very hard to stay above water. But, in the end, Blair lost, tipping backwards into the salt water.

"Sorry, B! Love you!" I giggled. Sam cheered, and I bent down to kiss him. He set me down, twirling me around in the water.

After a few more rounds of chicken fight with everyone else, Matt and Shawn came out on top. After quick showers, we were now lounging around in the main living room, talking and going through our phones. My legs were on top of Sam and my head was placed on his shoulder. His fingers were tracing random patterns on my thighs and I instantly melted under his touch.

Nash's phone started to ring and he groaned, putting it up to his ear. "What?"

"No, no. Hayes, no!" He repeated. "Are you serious? This is my time with friends! Give it to mom." He paused. "Mom. But, why? N- ugh, alright. Fine. Bye."

"Goddamn," He huffed, throwing his head back.

"What?" Johnson laughed.

"Hayes is getting dropped off here today," Nash rolled his eyes.

"What time?" I asked.

"At 3, I think?" I checked my phone--'2:13' and nodded. Shawn then suggested we go get some food, so I looked up some places on my phone.

"Pizza delivery or go downtown?" I turned my attention to him.

"Downtown," Everyone said.

We split up from each other and into our rooms to change. I grabbed my gym bag in search of an outfit and ended up with a pair of high-waisted, distressed cut off shorts, a cuffed, loose olive green v-neck tee, and my all black chucks. Gathering up all my hair, I messily secured it in a ponytail and pulled a few pieces of hair to frame my face. Finding my sunglasses, I slid it on top of my head. My makeup was very minimal today; natural eyeshadow, mascara, and lip balm. The girls were still running around from my bathroom to their bags, figuring out what to wear. I laughed, telling them I'll wait downstairs.

My attention was teared away from my phone as a knock on the door made me pause on the stairs. I sped down, yelling I would get it.

Without any warning, I was attacked in a bone crushing hug. I see Elizabeth standing there, stifling her laughter, and I realized who it was. The clock beside the door read '3:06'.

"Hey kid!" I ruffled his hair, squeezing him as well.

"Sorry to just leave him with you guys, Lil. My friends invited me to a spa trip and I really couldn't resist. We were around the area and I remembered Nash was here, so I thought it would be alright." She smiled.

"Oh yeah! It's no problem, Elizabeth! We're just heading out to get some food." I grinned.

"Well, I'll let you guys get back to whatever you were doing." She pulled me in for a hug and I hugged back.

"Hayes," Her tone changed. "Behave. I'll be back in two or three days."

"I will, mom. Bye!" Hayes grumbled, his cheeks turning pink. Elizabeth kissed his cheek, much to Hayes's protests.

"Nash, Hayes is here!" I called up after Elizabeth left.

"And you let him in?!" He screamed back.

"Hello, I'm standing right next to her!" Hayes spoke up. I laughed, plopping onto the one seater couch--legs dangling over the armrest.

One by one, everyone bounded down the stairs and filled the vacant seats around me. The last ones down were Matt and Gilinsky, who took much longer doing their hair than us girls. We all piled out of the house and I locked the door. Once again, Sam and I were the only two in my car.

"So, um. You'll never believe who's in Malibu," Sam chewed on his bottom lip. He picked at his fingers, clearly avoiding my eyes. My stomach churned, and I feel like I know who he's talking about.

"From the way you're acting, I'm guessing it's Liza." I sighed.

"Bingo," Sam muttered. "I'm sorry, baby. I swear I have nothing to do with it." He grasped my free hand that was resting on the gear.

"No, it's okay. It's not your fault." I shook my head. "I just wonder why she's here, of all the places to be during break."

"Maybe she found a new guy? I don't know," Sam sighed.

"Let's not talk about it," The corner of my mouth turned upwards slightly. He agreed, and I soon pulled up to this amazing seafood restaurant my grandparents used to take us to. Gilinsky and Cam trailed right behind me as we tried to find parking spots. Luckily, we found spots about ten minutes later.

"Come on," I smiled at Sam, sliding on my sunglasses. "I'm starving." We hopped out of the car and immediately latched onto each other. His right arm was draped over my shoulders, my fingers intertwining with his.

The feeling in my stomach whenever I was around Sam causes butterflies to erupt, and I wish it'd stay like this forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 70.7K 37
"Friendship"
15.8K 220 55
"I can't do this anymore"
20.6K 454 48
Sometimes, I still need you.
1M 20.1K 200
Sammy Wilkinson, Nate Maloley, Jack Johnson, and Jack Gilinsky Preferences.