Love everlasting - Avengers f...

By PoeticMay

You had always wanted one thing in your life, a love that would be everlasting. But for you that was an impos... More

When lightning strikes
Agent jones
Super soldier serum
The right partner
Fondue-ing?
The pain of saying goodbye
An unexpected friend
The two of us
*Dont break his heart*
A life of lies
Monster
I cant fix myself
*pure lust*
Going away
Budapest operation
Avengers initiative
Thank you for your cooperation
Mind over matter
Everybody wants to rule the world
The fight of your life
Shawarma
Moving in
The untold truth
Darkness beneath the surface
I hate myself
Im drowning
Down on my knees
Complicated
Wishfull drinking
Moral hangover
Home is where the heart is
Life sentence
Stolen memories
The right path
The sun
Mission breakout
Trusting in love
Don't die
Broken bones
Happiness
A dream is not reality
The edge of nothing
Time will tell
*Flustered*
Trust no one.
On the run
Ghost story
Hail hydra
I owe you
Who the hell is Bucky?
About damn time
How to save a life
Taking the stand
A helping hand
A crumbled piece of paper
The past is present
History repeating itself
The queen
A letter from the past
*Just have faith*
Refurn to midgard.
The downfall of the avengers
Double agent
Betrayel
Fall to rise
*You started it*
*im gonna marry you*
The warning
He's coming
Welcome to space
One wrong move
Till forver falls apart
Bittersweet revenge
Bad dreams
Burgers and beers
Would you be able to rest?
Suit up
Down memory lane
Once and for all
Doing it all for love
Can you love me again?
I miss her
The face of the past
The last step
Endings beginings
A thousand years
Invincible
A strange sensation.
Prolouge

Go back in time

180 7 5
By PoeticMay

You open your eyes after a long night with less sleep than you intended. You turn over on your side watching as Loki sleeps peacefully next to you. Just taking some time admiring his features. You couldn't believe this, it was too good to be true.

Suddenly your hear a muffled argument outside. You and Loki were the only ones here. Confused you grab a hoodie and some shorts, making your way out to the hallway.

"That's not how I work Romanoff and you know that damn well by now" Steve yells angrily.

"Well I don't work for you Rogers I work for Fury" Natasha yells back.

"I want you off this mission, I can't believe you" he scoffs disappointed.

"What's going on here?" You asks, still sleepy from the night prior.

"Asks Rogers over here, he's being a complete baby" she hisses.

"Real mature"

"Steve?"

"Romanoff over here compromised our mission doing Fury's dirty work. If I hadn't been there to save her, god knows what could have happened.. our mission was so rescue hostages.." Steve explains.

"No that was your mission, my mission was to get that hardware file back to Fury" she corrects.

"She jeopardized the operation, putting herself and others in danger" Steve grunts.

"You're over exaggerating things.. again" she scoffs rolling her eyes.

"I can't lead a mission, when my partner is leading missions on their own"

"Fine, then find yourself a new partner" Natasha hisses, as she walks away.

Steve sighs deeply as he sits down, rubbing his temples.

"So I take it the mission didn't go well?" You smile softly, taking a seat next to him.

"It went fine.. I just can't work with her if I can't trust her" Steve says frustrated. "It would be a lot easier if you were back in business"

"I don't know if I'm ready yet" you admit.

"Come on.. it'll be like old times" he smiles, gently pushing you with his elbow.

"Why don't you just take the day off." You propose. "We can go do something fun" you smile.

"Like what?"

"Oh I have just the perfect thing" you chuckle.

You leave Loki a small note on the bedside table telling him you'll be back later tonight.

You and Steve get in the car, driving for four hours, without stopping. You don't tell him where your going, simply asking him to enjoy the road-trip.
You park the car right outside the Smithsonian institution.

"This is what we drove all the way to?" He asks confusedly.

"Just wait okay.. you'll hate it" you chuckle, grabbing his hand as you walk into the museum.

You stop right outside the Captain America exhibit.

"Ta-daaa" you smile.

"Is this a real thing?" Steve scoffs. "Seriously"

"Oh it gets much better come on" you say, pulling him with you.

You walk together watching as the Stars and Stripes are plastered all over the walls. Telling the story of the living legend and symbol of courage. The man over the speaker tells the brave story of a young man turned into a brave soldier.

You wanted to remind him, of how much of an impact he's had on this world. What his kindness did for everyone.

Steve is suddenly awfully quiet, stopping by a picture. You turn around, walking back to him.

"I can't believe this" he smiles softly.

"Yeah we look pretty cute in that picture" you chuckle.

Looking at a picture of Howard, Steve and you. The bright smile on your face as you stand in between the two men that changed your life. Your eyes so full of life, when everything was so simple.

"Come on.. I want to show you something" you smile.

Steve follows you as you walk up to a memorial of Bucky. Steve grabs your hand squeezing it tightly. As he reads the honorable words about his best friend.

"See I told you he'd be remembered as a hero"

"Yeah.. he really was a hero wasn't he?" Steve sniffles quietly.

"I bet he was an even better friend"

"Yeah" Steve nods. Looking down.

In front of you is a small screen, showing him and Bucky as they stand together smiling. You remember them together as clear as day.

"What's in there?" Steve asks pointing to a black room.

"Oh that's nothing" you scoff, trying to redirect his attention back to the screen.

"No I wanna see it"

"It's silly come on"

Steve walks in anyway. You take a deep breath as you hesitantly follows him inside. Taking a seat as a video interview starts playing. He turns to look at you in surprise, as he sees you pop up on screen. An old interview taken 5 years after his death. You look down embarrassed.

"If Steve had an impact on my life? I think Steve.. Captain Rogers made an impact on every persons life in which he came across.."

"How do you recall the event of the night?"

"It was a difficult time for America, a blizzard has trapped half our troops behind the German lines. Captain Rogers fought his way through a HYDRA blockade. That had pinned our allies down for months.. he saves over a thousand men. Even after he died Steve was still changing my life for the better."

"Steve we really don't have to watch this"

"Shh I want to hear all the good things you had to say about me" he whispers.

"What do you remember from the time right after his death?"

"It was the most difficult time in my life. I had not only lost a colleague.. I had lost a friend. Many people cared more about creating a new serum. To get a chance to create a new super soldier.. But the truth is, no matter if we did find a way to replicate the serum.. We would never get a man as honorable, kind and courageous as Steve Rogers. He will always be the one person that changed my life.. I mean our lives."

"Where you in love with him?"

You flinch at the question, leaving the room. As you can hear the answer playing from inside.

"Who wouldn't be.. I was lucky enough to have even gotten to know the man we now know as Captain America. I never got a chance to tell him that myself, so I would rather keep it that way"

Steve walks out, with a sad smile on his face.

"Well that was humiliating" you chuckle.

"No.. that was beautiful. I didn't even know you had made that"

"I had forgotten about it actually.. they never used it for anything till one day I came here." You admit. "You know they said I died in 2004?"

"Really?" He smirks.

"Yeah" you chuckle.. "I'm her daughter.. or so it says in the record Fury helped me create when I came to world for SHIELD."

You notice Steve fidgeting with something in his pocket. He had been doing it ever since you came in here.

"What is that?"

"It's nothing" he assures you.

"Show me" you scoff jokingly. As you reach into his pocket, taking out a small compass. "What is this?"

Steve takes it from your hand, slowly opening it up. Revealing an old photograph of you inside it.

"How long have you had that?" You smirk.

"Since the war.. it was the last thing I looked at before going into the ice" steve shares.

"You really kept that for so many years?"

Steve smiles as he nods his head.

"Look mom it's that woman from the video" a small girl whispers to her mother. "And that's Captain America" she squeals excitedly.

"Let's get out of here" Steve says, as you both run out of the museum. Laughing as everyone turns to look at you.

You find a small cafe nearby, sitting down for a cup of coffee. Still laughing hysterically.

"Thank you y/n" Steve says softly. "I needed that today more than you could imagine"

"No problem, thought it would be good for you to remember why we're doing this." You say taking his hand.

You both order a cup of coffee, enjoying each other's company in silence, as you look around at people eating with their families. Their husband, wives.. their children. Knowing that neither of you could never get that.. it would be to complicated. Always risking your life's for someone else. Always another mission another crisis to attend.

"I wish things would have worked out differently" he admits.

"So do I... But time works strangely that way" you say with a hint of sadness in your voice.

"Would you go back?" He asks. You raise your brow not sure you understand. "If you could, would you go back and change it?"

You think about it for a second. Of course there was things you would like to have done differently, but then you might not had ended up where you are today.

"I don't think so.. sometimes I wonder if there's a universe somewhere, where you and I grew old together. Started a family.. settled down.. but here in this one. We're exactly where we need to be" you assure him.

"Not even a just to relive it?" He asks softly.

"The world has changed Steve.. and none of us can go back. We can only do the best.. and sometimes the best thing to do is start over" you answer, with a sad smile on your lips.

"Come work with me"

"What?" You chuckle confusedly

"On my next mission. Come be my partner again"

"Steve-"

"I know.. but it would be fun"

"You and Natasha are partners.. I don't want to come in between that" you point out

"It's not the same" he says softly.

"You're so dramatic" you chuckle.

Gaining a bright smile from Steve, as he nods his head.

"Fine.. on one condition" you say.

"Anything!" He smiles.

"You make up with Nat.. and give Loki a chance. for my sake"

Steve rolls his eyes grabbing you hand from across the table.

"You know the only reason I'm here is because of you right.. You founded SHIELD.. you don't give yourself enough credit for that"

"Seems like so long ago.. I almost forget it sometimes" you admit. "It's good I have you keeping me on my toes" you smirk.

After spending the most wonderful day with Steve you arrive back at the Tower. You gently squeeze Steve's hand as you walk into your bedroom. Hoping to see Loki again. But he's gone.

Like there's no trace of him ever being here. You couldn't believe he just left without saying anything.
You rest your head on the soft pillow, closing your eyes.

"Y/n?"

You sit up opening your eyes, as a wave of relief crashes over you.

"I need to speak with you" Loki says softly, a subtle hint of worry in his voice.

"What's wrong?"

"I need to return to Asgard. Tonight" he says.

"What?.. but you just came here.." you say sadly.

"I want you to come with me" Loki announces.

"To Asgard?" You grin. "What would I even do there.."

"Be with me"

You shake you head slowly.

"Loki I can't go back to Asgard.. It's not my home anymore" you sigh sadly.

"It could be" he points out. "I have obligations there.. I can't just turn my back on them"

"And I can?..I have obligations here" you scoff. Was he really asking you to give up your life here to follow him to Asgard.

"What obligations do you have here?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"Steve needs my help"

"Of course he does" Loki scoffs as he rolls his eyes

"What do you mean by of course he does?" You ask slightly offended.

"You can't help everyone" he hisses.

You take a step back. This wasn't happening right now.

"I can try.."

"I'm leaving tonight with or without you" Loki assures you..

"Fine.. whatever" you groan. Throwing yourself back onto the bed.

Loki shrugs, sitting down beside you.

"Don't be like this"

"You're coming back right?" You ask quietly.

"I don't know.. should I?"

"How can you even ask me that.." you whimper.
"I don't want you to go, but I know I can't change your mind"

"I don't belong here!"

"And I don't belong there"

"You can't run away from your legacy forever" Loki sighs.

"I know..but it's been very nice not being y/n Idunsdottir.. if only just for a little while" you admit.

Loki takes your hand.

"It seems I cannot change your mind"

"And I cannot change yours" you say sadly.

You sit silently looking at each other. Neither of you knowing what to say that isn't gonna break the others heart.

"Just like that we're back to nothing" you sigh. "I really thought you would stay.. but then again  you-"

"I never do?"

Loki grabs you hand placing his soft cold lips on the back of your hand. You feel a slight pinch in your stomach as you see his mind crystal clear.

You.

"How much do you have to give up to get it?"

"All I had"

"Well I hope it was worth it"

A flickering blue light.

"I'm sorry my darling.."

"Loki what are you-"

"Know that I love you.. I have always loved you.. we'll say hello again"

You watch the vision unfolds in front of you. He's about to get up from the bed when you pull him down onto you. Placing your lips on his. Taking him in just one more time. You never thought this was how it was going to be, one of you always busy with someone or something else. All you wanted was just hundreds of night like yesterday. You're not giving up, that crossroad cannot just be a vivid picture. It had to mean something. Sitting here holding onto him watching as the light closes in on you. Asking yourself the one question you can't answer.. why would he ever want to leave. When he just got you back.

"I... I just can't"

"I know" you say softly, wiping a tear from your eye. "I wish you could.. I really do"

"I'll see you again.. alright. I just need to go"

"I'm sorry I can't go with you"

"I'm sorry I can't stay"

Suddenly it gets dark, and when you open your eyes. He's gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 74 13
Tony Stark is looking for love but when 3 of his exs show up, and the mistress, will it be happily ever after or crappily ever after. A tale with che...
1.1M 29K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...
84.1K 1.2K 47
𝗠𝘆 𝗹𝗲𝗴𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘄𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘁...𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗸. 🦾🦾🦾 A book full of smut, fl...
18.1K 192 36
Very long and detailed one shots about your favorite characters ;) Smut included but with a warning beforehand! !just 18+ please!