(OLD) The Saga of Slime and D...

By SwissChocolates

(This is the old version of the series, the new version can be found on my profile. After years of her persis... More

Chapter 1 - Noir Argent
Chapter 2 - Strength and Skills
Chapter 3 - Mask
Chapter 4 - GABIRU! GABIRU! GABIRU!
Chapter 5 - Ragnarok
Chapter 7 - Calamity Approaches
Chapter 8 - Calamities Clash
Update
Update #2

Chapter 6 -Destroyer

1.2K 54 23
By SwissChocolates

Battle was still raging on overhead, magically-enhanced bullets flying with the American mages only now being pushed back, even by the weakened 203rd. However Visha didn't care, only descending rapidly to the crater where she fell. What she saw was what she feared; nothing at all.

Nothing left but a smoldering crater in the earth, and aside from occasional burnt scraps of mage gear or uniform, there was nothing left. How could there be anything left after that? Being hit head on with a beam of pure magical energy then falling all the way to the ground, only to then have your computation jewel overload and explode. All of that was not something any person could survive. Each and every step of it was fatal to even elite mages.

Visha held onto hope otherwise, Tanya had survived things otherwise thought unsurvivable before. She had the type 95, the most advanced there was. She was arguably the strongest mage in the world, let alone the Empire. Yet the only thing that remained was... her computation Jewel?

This couldn't be right, she had seen it explode! Yet here it was in one piece, not even a scratch on it. She picked it up and looked at it and she was certain that it was real. The only explanation in her mind was that it was a spare perhaps, but she didn't even know if Tanya had spares of the type 95. It's not like she escaped either, her illusion magic was strong, but Visha could see through it if she had been using it. In fact she was certain she even saw chunks of her flying out during the explosion.

There was no doubt, Tanya was dead, however, if this is all that's left... Then she would keep it, if nothing else, to remember her. She only knew Tanya for a fraction of both of their lives, however she had been with Tanya since the Rhine, throughout the entire war they were together. And in a unit full of men, Tanya was her only close friend, that had to mean something. Tanya was so young too, a child fighting a war, yet she was the best soldier Visha had ever met. Yes, she would hold onto the type 95, for her, she had no time to mourn, she had to get back to the battalion and win this war, it's what Tanya would've wanted.

Visha was determined to make her proud.

Naming 120,000 Orcs was tiring. I had figured out from Noir a while back when asking about naming monsters that it takes strength from you, and while luckily I managed to successfully used the sealed internal magicules I had seemingly acquired from my reincarnation, coming up with that many names for that many orcs, and then giving them all the names takes forever.

It also took a massive chunk out of that sealed magicule storage. I'm not even entirely sure where it's from and Noir said he didn't have a proper explanation for it, so all I know is that over time it gradually funnels magicules from that internal sealed storage into my actual magicule count. This means that I'm gradually growing in strength, however the rate is miniscule, and it would take over 100 years to gain even just what I have left, which is about 25% of what I had before. As it turns out, naming 120,000 orcs really takes a lot of Magicules.

In truth I don't really mind sacrificing that 'Future Strength' especially considering that it'll take centuries before I even get it. I'm already plenty strong as is, and now I have an army of 120,000 Orcs to back me up. The main reason I wanted to name them is that I wanted them under my absolute direct command. Sure Rimuru's still technically their highest superior, however since I named them and made the alliance, if push comes to shove and I have to separate from Rimuru, I'll have a committed group to back me up if I need to. Secondly it'll make ordering them around much easier if they see me like everyone sees Rimuru.

I immediately got them to work on constructing roads primarily as the biggest project. As our city expands, the more we may come to rely or strive on trade with our neighbors and allies in the forest. They've also constructed aqueducts, which is really just the predecessor to plumbing which I aim to establish eventually. Rimuru also requested the construction of a hot spring for some reason. Personally I don't care too much about it, but I can see how it might be appealing for the locals and Rimuru himself alike.

Of course the rise of a massive village in the center of the forest which recently increased in size by 120,000 which also defeated the Orc Lord can't go unnoticed for long, and one of our closest neighbors, Dwargon took notice. I sat out of the initial engagement as it seemed to be a 'test of character' through dueling with swords which I personally don't understand one bit. If it was a test of strength, it would make perfect sense, however he's fighting to... prove he's not an evil being...

Whatever his stupid reasoning, it seemed to end in our favor with us now having a diplomatic meeting with Dwargon that night. Of course, now that it's diplomacy through words rather than judging character through swords, I can actually contribute.

Rimuru was sitting with his legs crossed like everyone else, which personally I see as frankly inefficient and unprofessional as compared to chairs. I understand the Japanese culture he's trying to reproduce, but this world seems to mimic European culture, "I see, you were investigating the odd assembly of monsters that defeated the Orc Lord."

Gazel Dwargo, the King, was dressed somewhat fancily, why he came here wearing that underneath his armor, I have no idea, but I don't recall him ever changing, so it seems that's just what he wore, "Yes, to determine whether they were friend or foe. I will say it's quite interesting for you to have a Demon here as well. I take it you're holding back your aura quite a bit in order to sit here equal to the leader of all these monsters."

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Who's to say. It's not smart to reveal all your cards at once."

"Hmph, well then, I take it she's the one who handles your diplomacy then?"

"Hey! How do you know I can't handle diplomacy?!" Rimuru shouted in mild protest, but knew not to get genuinely angry at it, not that he seemed to be.

"I believe myself to be a good judge of character, and this Demon gives off the impression of a good negotiator, at least a bit more than you do with all due respect."

"That's... Probably accurate. Kinda why I let Tanya handle the creation of the Jura Tempest Alliance, I'm still new to this whole leadership thing if I'm completely honest with you. Tanya's my Chancellor for just that reason."

"Anyways, there is something I must ask of you. Have you any interest in entering into a treaty with me? If you were to gain control of everything in this vast forest, you could obtain wealth and power surpassing my own nation. It would serve you well to have another nation supporting you at such a time."

"That's a bold play on your end isn't it? I'm no expert in this world's affairs, but I've stuck my hand into some businesses, so I know the general basics on how this world views monsters. Entering into a treaty with us is the same as recognizing us as a sovereign state, and one made up of almost entirely monsters. You're in a stable enough position to not have to worry about foreign backlash, however..." Just as I said, this is a bold and risky move on Dwargon's part. At least it might be. Dwargon is in a unique position. In truth, it's incredibly easily defendable, so no invasion would ever threaten it, and it's in a diplomatic position where there's not much that can be done, but recognizing a bunch of monsters is still a bond move.

"Of course, this deal would benefit us, as well. Both sides stand to profit."

Rimuru placed his chin on his hand, "I guess I have no reason to refuse. I gladly accept!"

"And what is the name of your nation?"

Rimuru did not think this far.

Rimuru had no idea what he wanted to name it.

Rimuru really should've considered this as soon as he made the Jura Forest Alliance.

Rimuru should've known this was inevitable at that point.

"The Jura Tempest Federation!"

"Rimuru... How are we a Federation?"

"Uuuh... I mean..."

"You're a Monarch, Rimuru. There is no Federal government. There is no democratic government either. The closest you could consider us to is feudalism."

"So... The Jura-Tempest Kingdom..?"

"Good enough. I wouldn't be surprised if the time comes that we can proclaim ourselves an Empire, hehehehe."

"You scare me, Tanya."

"My pleasure. Course we need to name the capitol, and there's a few options. Firstly we can name it after you, naming it 'Rimuru City' which frankly not only isn't that catchy sounding, but also would be kind of weird to have considering you'll likely be leading this country for upwards of centuries if all goes well."

"Right... I'm not great with naming things..."

Did he just say you're not great at naming things? You know what, nevermind, he's the person who named half the Goblins all variations of the same names

"We could always call it Tempest City or Jura City, it's not entirely unheard of for nations to have similar names with their capitals. Veldora City is also an option considering Veldora's basically a deity to the monsters of the forest however... Well Veldora doesn't have the best reputation outside of the Forest."

"To be honest I'd rather not name the city after myself, and I see where you're getting at with Veldora."

The monsters eating nearby were noticeably disappointed that the name 'Rimuru City' wasn't chosen. The name itself just isn't that good, but perhaps I can modify it.

"How about we change the name 'Rimuru' into something better sounding for the city? Rimuaria perhaps?"

"Rimuaria works I suppose. That will be the capital name then. We are the Jura-Tempest Kingdom with the Capital City of Rimuraria!"

The monsters cheered and clapped, seemingly satisfied with the compromise, with 'Rimuaria' being close enough to 'Rimuru' to satisfy them.

Dwargo stood up, extending his hand to Rimuru, "It would seem that it is settled."

Rimuru grabbed his hand and shook it, though it was worth noting that Rimuru was nearly half the size of Gazel Dwargo, though I was about the same size as Rimuru anyways, so he was really just taller than about all of this nation's leaders besides Rigurd who himself was a beast of muscle.

"Now that that's decided, why don't we have a little chat about the terms of the treaty, Dwargo..."

I grinned as Rimuru slowly backed away, "Y'know it's getting late, I don't think I need to be involved in this diplomati-"

I grabbed at Rimuru's sleeve as he began to turn away, likely trying to get out of what would likely end up becoming a drawn out diplomatic talk about the specifics of a treaty. "You don't sleep, Rimuru... Besides, you're the King of a nation now, you need to learn how to rule it."

Gazel nodded as his own aura of intimidation matched my own as Rimuru realized there was no getting out of this situation, "A good leader must know how to handle Diplomacy. Your Chancellor Tanya seems to have a good grasp on it, however as the true leader you need to have at least a good grasp on it yourself."

Rimuru looked back, noticing everyone had already cleaned up and left and was now alone with me, Gazel, and his aid. The next hour was spent negotiating an official treaty. In truth it was less a 'negotiation' and more of an 'elaboration' of what specifically the treaty entailed. For one, a road was set to be constructed to Dwargon for trade, expanding upon the already under construction northern roadway. This would take a bit, and while Tempest would handle the labor of it, Dwargon would provide the resources and other necessary funding for it.

One interesting aspect was Gazel insisting in handing over Vesta, the Minister who had supposedly disrespected Rimuru, to be 'tried' in Tempest. Of course it was far more likely that he wouldn't be tried at all, but would rather be unofficially officially pardoned in exchange for agreeing to serve under Tempest as a researcher. Rimuru initially was hesitant, however Kaijin, who along with Rigurd was attending the meeting, insisted that he would prove useful, although was shocked that Gazel even suggested it. Either way this Vesta could prove vital in the technological modernization (by my old world's standards) of Tempest. It wasn't something I was willing to easily turn down.

Currently, outside of a number of basic processed goods which could already be made in Dwargon that would be imported for relatively cheap, Tempest had little to export. So for the time being, an agreement was made to export Magic Ore and Health Potions especially. The magic ore would be exported at a slower rate and higher prices of course both considering its strategic value to bolstering up our armed forces as well as just how pure our Magic Ore was. Health Potions were a bit easier to export theoretically, and the herbs that grow them could likely be farmed within the cave. Should we get Vesta to figure out how to produce them without the use of Rimuru, we can easily have 99% potions en masse, though as Gazel warned, these wouldn't really be easily exportable conventionally, but rather would have to be sold subversively between the Tempest and Dwargon governments directly, if we sold any at all.

The last bit, aside from other minor things as well as a military alliance, a research treaty was signed. This was beneficial for both of us. In the short term, Dwargon had technology which dwarfs even other nations, in fact, one could argue they've even already begun their Industrial Revolution, albeit slowly. Gaining their technology could be the foundations needed for a full-on Tempest Industrial Revolution. This isn't even to mention the potential of magic as a potential power source which could completely shift the course of it in a new 'Magic-punk' esc direction.

The concept of a Magitrain was something that came up briefly, however it is a legitimate possibility, though that would be far into the future. What Dwargon benefits from such a tech treaty is just that, whatever brilliant inventions Tempest will come up with in the future. Considering both I and Rimuru will likely be recreating technology from our own world, enhanced with magic of course, Dwargon would stand to gain if they also gained access to that technology.

With the treaty signed, the Jura-Tempest Kingdom was proclaimed and our first ally in Dwargon was affirmed. A few days later, Gazel would arrive with Vesta who was quickly admitted into Tempest. As they left everyone clapped, though what was more important in that moment was the presence of a certain lizard...

Rimuru seemed to have easily noticed the incompetent lizard and his followers as he turned to face them, "Now then, what are you doing here?"

"Well... I, Gabiru, have arrived in hopes that I may be of some help to you!"

"Very cool Sir Gabiru!"

"Naturally!"

Shion however, was not so impressed, reaching for her oversized sword, "I'll cut him up."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait! We hoped you would permit us to join your ranks! On my word, we will prove useful to you, so please!"

"Please! It's as Sir Gabiru says."

Another lizard, who I assumed from what she said is his sister, has now arrived. From the fact I actually saw her at the Jura Forest Alliance meeting after beating the Orc Lord, I take it she's not on an awful standing. "My brother has seen the error of his ways. Please grant him the opportunity to atone."

Rimuru seemed annoyed at Gabiru, though he was more shocked at the presence of his sister, which seems to imply that his sister is not an incompetent and annoying bafoon. "The captain of the guard is here, too?"

"Unlike my brother, I have not been disowned."

"What?!"

Heh.

"My father, Abiru, sent me here to gain more experience."

Rimuru... Did you seriously name the lizard chief.... 'Abiru'... This slime cannot come up with more like 5 names and 20 variations.

"You didn't follow me because you missed me?!"

"No."

"D'OH!"

Heh.

"I'd be glad to accept you all... But if Gabiru wishes to come, he can serve under Tanya."

"The chil-?"

"Eh?!"

"I-I mean the very nice lady?"

"Yep, do your best for Tanya! I just hope she doesn't work you too hard. I do believe you've seen what she's capable of..."

"Hehehehehehe" Prior to defeating the Orc Lord, I would've probably just nuked the lizard, or put him through 203rd's training till he quit (although last time I tried that, it only created battle-hardened veterans). However he has skill, not to mention charisma. It's just in all the wrong areas. With enough very, very, rigorous training, I'm certain I can whip him into shape...

"Is it too late to change my mind? The Ch-Lady is scaring me."

"Tanya, are you good to name them? I'm not sure how you didn't lose a bunch of your magicules naming the Orcs, but I assumed you had a method?"

"Yeah I'll manage." Though this means the ~25% of that sealed magicule storage I had will likely be down to ~20% by the time I'm done, It's fine really.

I then proceeded to name all of Gabiru's men, though Gabiru himself seemed persistent, "Hey! When do I get a name?"

"You already have a name, moron, it's Gabiru."

Gabiru promptly began glowing and evolved, more so than the other Lizardmen. Utilizing Transcending Eye I found out that while the others evolved into Dragonewts, Gabiru had evolved into a Deviant Dragonewt, whatever that meant. It might have something to do with both him being the leader as well as the fact in accidentally naming him somehow, it ended up taking from my own magicules rather than the sealed magicules. His scales went black and his eyes were red, in fact he was more or less just copying my appearance, which in of itself is strange. It must have something to do with contexts I don't properly understand. I'll have to ask Rimuru or Noir. Though to be fair, in Rimuru's case, naming Ranga created the whole 'Tempest Wolves' species, so this isn't unheard of.

"Wait so I can override names?! Whatever, I guess you're stronger now as well."

The most notable change in not just Gabiru but all of the Lizardmen now Dragonewts was one simple fact. They had wings and they could fly. For the time being most of these Dragonewts, in comparison to the more humanoid Rimuru-Named Dragonewts resided in Veldora's cave cultivating and harvesting the herbs Rimuru uses for potions for production and likely export. However, they also served as a fighting force that I intended to train. Since they can fly, I thought of no better name for their military unit...

The 202nd Aerial Dragon Battalion!

For now though, they're living in the cave itself, which due to its moist nature makes it a comfortable home for them. That's not to mention the fact that it is well defended, being a cave, making it a decent military encampment, though certainly not brilliant for offensive purposes. With the Ors making good progress on the town and road, and the Dragonewts... helping... everything was pointing to a good few months of relaxation and easy living, if not longer.

But nothing is ever that simple.

Something incredibly powerful was heading towards Tempest, specifically the hill above the city at rapid speeds. At that exact moment it was so far out in the distance that it was barely more than a glowing pink dot, however I knew that whatever that thing is, it's power is enough to topple entire nations. There was no way I could risk that thing getting anywhere close to Tempest. Even if we somehow manage to warde it off, a fight anywhere close to Tempest with that calamity would mean its destruction. If a fight should happen, it must happen far away, and preferably, far into the sky.

Quickly I sprouted my wings, a few feathers floating around, though part of me wishes I had bat-like rings instead of raven-like wings, it wasn't important currently. I leaped up, rushing forwards at high speeds and utilizing my magic to propel me forwards. After a few seconds I realize I breached the sound barrier, however I keep going, applying numerous barriers as I collide with the approaching calamity.

The being, formerly just a stream of pink light as it was flying was launched backwards, however seemed to take no damage at all, although took the recoil, likely to minimize the damage, not that she needed it. It was hard for me to get a read on her power or her skills, her large, flaring aura was effectively making it difficult to see into her skills, however one caught my eye 'Magicule Reactor Breeder.' If its name meant anything, there's a good chance whatever this calamity was could simply just make magicules at will. Which franky didn't seem fair. What it did mean however, was that in a battle of attrition, I would not win.

"Ah so you're that demon that destroyed that bunch of Orcs! You didn't do much fighting, but I could tell you were the strongest in that town!"

The girl was... Childish, if my first impressions were anything to go by. Her voice, the way she spoke, everything except her clothing gave the impression that this wasn't a serious being, but rather one who likely thrived solely from their magical power alone. Her clothes though... were rather skimpy, especially for a child... she wasn't even trying to cover anything, it was basically a bikini with sleeves, especially at the bottom.

"I am the one and only Dragonoid, also known as the Destroyer, the Demon Lord Milim Nava!"

Demon Lord?! Great! I wanted to avoid any contact with them, however a rising nation in a strategic location, let alone one that took down a Demon Lord's toys is ultimately going to attract the attention of a Demon Lord. The questionable thing is though, is that there's no way in hell that this Demon Lord was the one who orchestrated that, she's too childish, and to be honest I'd imagine she'd just brute force her way into getting what she wanted instead of using the Orc Lord.

"What did you come here for, Demon Lord?"

"Oh I just came to introduce myself."

That's it?

"However..." The Demon Lord's aura seemed to be preparing for something, I could anticipate exactly what it was, she wanted a fight. "I haven't seen you utilize your full strength yet, you said it in the battle with the Orcs that that attack wasn't your full strength after all. You weren't even tired after it... So fight me! Show me your strength! Don't worry, I'll go easy on you, if you die I'll take the slime as my subordinate! If you win... Well, we'll decide that later!"

You can't just decide that later! Well now I had to fight. I didn't really care what happened to Rimuru, he probably had his own way out, and truth be told if I was dead I wouldn't care regardless. However, if I won... Perhaps gaining the favor of a Demon Lord wouldn't be so bad. She gives me the impression of someone who battles for fun or entertainment, showing my strength could be just what I need to get her to be friendly with me. Taming this Demon Lord is a much better idea than trying to beat or out maneuver her, so I just-

"DRAGO-BUSTER!"

SHIT!

I flew up quickly, only barely dodging all the streaks of pure magical energy rushing past. The explosions rang out, and while I managed to dodge them, the explosions still had a massive range, knocking me higher in the sky, though my barrier prevented any direct damage. If I had been hit by that, I would've died. If Tempest had been hit by that... It would have ceased to exist.

There's only one way for me to even have a chance at beating her, and so I flew up quickly, trying to avoid Tempest entirely. The Dragonoid continued her relentless attacks, however it was clear she had never faced someone as agile and unpredictable as I was in flight. She likely fought other beings of similar strength more one on one, so elaborate dodging like this is likely something she's not used to. Either way that isn't stopping me from nearly being hit by those 'drago busters' she shoots at me. The explosions' are large enough that if it weren't for my barriers, I likely would've already taken heavy damage, if not have already died.

As I ascend, I utilize small nuclear blasts to distract her and slow her down as best I could. They're doing little to nothing, however they weren't really intended to do much at all. Eventually we resided high above the clouds. I needed to stall her, and someone who likes fighting like her probably likes the stereotypical monologue. "You're quite strong, you've launched quite a few of those attacks and still aren't tired! If any single one of those hit me I'd be in a lot of trouble!"

"Ahahahaha! Of course! That's just the power of a Demon Lord!"

I continued slowly backing away, I just needed more distance, optimally about half a mile might be enough. Eventually I'm in a position where I can easily get the remaining distance I need in just a few seconds if I can just distract her enough to not pursue me immediately.

"Surely you have more strength than those attacks you've been hitting me with?! Course many demon lords would be dead after that bombardment but that wasn't even as strong as your attack on the Orcs! What are you waiting for! Wait, how did you get so far away?"

With that, I was over 0.51 miles away from her, creating a thick barrier with the bulk of my magical power with a radius of half a mile. Before Milim could even respond, let alone realize what was happening, I unleashed my attack, all which while flying as fast as possible away from the barrier and Milim.

"100 MEGATONS, GO! KAISER BOMBE!"

Suddenly the large barrier was filled completely with a glowing orange fireball, though it only took the barrier a few seconds to begin cracking. By that point I was nearing a mile away from the epicenter. The barrier held it back significantly, so it won't go as far as it would normally, however I still needed to get nearly 2 miles away to be sure. After a little over 10 seconds, the barrier shattered and the explosion expanded rapidly, however I had already passed the 1.7 miles the fireball would reach, creating a thin barrier around that point. This barrier would even come into contact with the fireball, however would prevent myself from being hit with any strong gust of wind. After another second the barrier cracked, being hit by the wind, though I made sure it never shattered.

Over 35 seconds since the explosion commenced, it finally ceased. The power of the explosion was twice that of the Tsar Bomba, the largest bomb ever practically used, though it did match its proposed power. All of that... For nothing at all.

"Ahahahahahaha! Now that was a powerful attack! There are only really two Demon Lords that I know for sure that could survive such an attack directly! And look at you, you're barely even tired! At least not from the explosion itself, it was those barriers that caused that exhaustion. That means the explosion itself took barely any energy! Ahahahaha!"

Shit. I only have enough power to do that two more times. The explosion itself took minimal magical power, however creating two barriers that big while also dissipating all the radiation is detrimental to my magicule supply. There's nothing I can do to possibly damage her without also destroying the entire forest including Tempest, and even still there's no guarantee that it would even scratch her.

"You know, this wasn't a real competition or anything, mostly just a fun little skirmish! So I'll let you win! What is it you want? I can't guarantee I can give it to you though. You could always become my subordinate!"

I'D RATHER GO BACK TO THE EMPIRE!

"How about this then. Firstly you will swear to never attack Tempest."

"Alright sure! I had no intention of doing so anyways!"

"Secondly, you will become my al-friend... You will become my friend." I have to remember that this is a child. Terms like 'allies' might be less appealing than asking to be their friend. Having her as a potential 'friend' could leave me safe from other Demon Lords, though that comes with the added risk of being dragged into her conflicts as well. If what she said is true and that there's only two Demon Lords that could survive such an attack, I might be able to handle it.

"Hmm... I don't like the word 'friend'... How about Besties!" Milim holds up a thumbs up, giving a cheerful smile. It seems she's satisfied with this situation.

"Alright, Besties it is." Now that this calamity is tamed, maybe I can go back to living a stable life...

"You know, why don't you become a Demon Lord?"

"Hm? Why would I do that?"

"Because it's fun."

"What's so fun about it?"

"You get to boss people around and people come to fight you!"

"Yeah, I think I'll pass."

"HUUH?! Why?!"

"To be frank I'm comfortable with my current life, I don't need 'challengers' coming to fight me interrupting it."

"Then what do you do for fun?!"

"I have a lot of things to do, frankly. Is there anything else that happens to be interesting as a Demon Lord."

"You get to boss Majin and Humans around!"

"I do that already, besides if that's all you do, then are you sure you aren't just bored."

Milim's face went into complete shock, seemingly hitting the nail on the head with that prediction. Powerful Demon Lord Child is so caught up in fighting that they have literally nothing else to do.

"Alright... Well I should probably head back, you should also go back to... wherever it is you came fro-"

I was suddenly interrupted by Milim grabbing at both of my shoulders, giving me a pouting face as she begin shaking me vigorously, "You're doing something more fun than being a Demon Lord aren't you! Let me join you! Take me to your village!"

Her shaking intensified until I was certain my organs were going to become a smoothie within my own body until I shouted out quickly "Alright! Alright! Alright! I have a few conditions though!"

"Hm? What are they?"

"Firstly not causing commotion without my or Rimuru's permission."

"Rimuru is the blue haired girl right?"

"He's actually a slime but yeah. In fact it would be optimal if you could be friends or... 'besties' with him too."

Milim pouted, "Only if I want to!"

"Fine, fine, at least try to consider it." There's no way in hell I'm being left alone with Demon Lord babysitting duty, if Rimuru can befriend her as well it will be much easier to handle.

"Now promise me Milim that you won't cause a commotion when we get to the village. Knowing how quick those Kijin like to jump into combat, they might try to attack you first, just throw them off and don't take it further while I de-escalate the situation."

Milim pouted again, slightly disappointed this time, "Alright..."

Descending now Rimuru was staring up in shock while the Kijin prepared themselves for a fight, though seeing me peacefully descend with Milim made them at least not immediately jump into combat.

"Greetings! I am Demon Lord Milim Nava, also known as the Destroyer!" She then grabs me at both sides of my chest, holding me up like one would a small dog despite the fact we were roughly equal in height, "And this is my bestie!"

Now even the Kijin were relatively surprised at how the hell that occurred. All they saw was a massive nuclear explosion happen in the sky and now I was down here having befriended what they likely see or know as a complete Calamity.

Benimaru was the first to speak, "How did you-"

He was interrupted by Milim however, "Tanya promised to show me your villiage! She also said I should try being your friend, so tell me what you can offer me."

Milim points at Rimuru and pouts, having put me down a few seconds prior. I place my face in my hand, knowing I probably should've expected this, however it was a bit too late now.

"Hmm..." Rimuru seemed to understand the benefit in having Milim as a 'Friend' though more than likely just didn't want her to completely destroy Tempest, "How about this then?"

Rimuru holds up a canister with a yellow liquid which I can only assume is some kind of honey, though it's been almost two decades since I've even seen honey, so I can't tell. Milim however quickly snatches the canister, opening it and sticking her finger in, quickly licking up the honey, eyes lighting up as she even more quickly devours as much as she could.

"More!" Milim shakes the empty canister in front of her quickly up and down as Rimuru places his hands at his hips and looks away.

"Well then, you have to be my friend!"

"Yes! I'll be your friend! But Tanya's my bestie! Can I have more now?!"

Rimuru tossed her another canister, to which she quickly began eating while walking to the village, me and Rimuru following her. Along the way we encountered Gabiru who leaned down and began to do something I could already guess was going to be stupid, "Hey who's this little r-"

I gave Gabiru a glare and from the last two occasions he seemed to finally get the memmo, "This little fine lady... hehehe... dontkillmeplease."

Eventually Rimuru gathered everyone on the stand in the major section of the city, with Rimuru in his slime form, Milim, and myself all standing up there, Milim in the middle. Rimuru quickly addressed the crowd as soon as it built up enough, "Allow me to introduce our new ally. We'll be treating her as a guest, so be courteous with her."

"I'm Milim Nava!" There was some minor shock from the crowd as Milim introduced herself, with it seeming that Milim was actually relatively known, even among monsters which rarely left their villages up until recently. Even more reason to gain her as an ally.

"I've decided to live here from now on! Nice to know you!"

Both me and Rimuru had the same reaction, practically in unison shouting, "Huh?!"

This was... Not anticipated. Currently Rimuru was looking at me with a glare which, despite being a slime, still said 'why did you do this? How did you do this? This is your fault, this is your problem.'

"H-Hey Milim... What did you mean by 'you're going to live here'...?" I asked, eye twitching slightly though I managed to hide it.

"Exactly what I said. I've decided to live here, too!" Milim then seemed to remember something, holding me up by the sides of my chest again, "Oh yeah! Me and Tanya are besties! Rimuru is also my friend, but only Tanya is my bestie!"

The crowd cheered as I just gave a look of exhaustion, there was nothing that could be done. I had tamed and befriended this calamity, and while it was likely to reep at least some potential rewards, the consequences have thrown off everything.

The leisurely life I had aimed for was once again taken out of my grasp...

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/xcCvpSxmA7

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 191 9
The primary cast of Isekai Quartet find themselves in yet another new world. A botched summoning in another world goes berserk and the entire class...
64K 2.1K 26
This story depicts an alternate timeline wherein Velzard attends Walpurgis after sensing Veldora's presence. She subsequently meets our protagonist a...
99.4K 2K 13
(Y/n) is currently a member of the research team that is tasked with the creation of a new type of computation jewel. People would call him a monster...
1.4K 272 13
Sol, who is 'So Out of Luck' reincarnated as an orphan in a remote village which is setting in a novel he vaguely remembers reading. But the problem...