π˜πŽπ”π‘ π‚π‹πŽπ’π”π‘π„ || 𝐁...

By ashryanne

π˜πŽπ”π‘ π‚π‹πŽπ’π”π‘π„ --- "yes, i got your letter. yes, i'm doing better. i know that it's over. i don't n... More

your closure.
cast.
aesthetics.
playlist.
epigraph.
act i.
zero.
one.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.

two.

1.8K 104 52
By ashryanne

Witch vs. Party

~~~~~

{outfit for chapter above}

"she was like a breath of fresh air compared to everything ordinary that happened."

~~~~~

"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state," The teacher, Mr. Tanner, began. "People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union."

Alora listened to what he said, wanting to be as polite as possible. But in all fairness, her father had already explained everything to her. He had told her about all the historical acts that had happened, seeing as he had lived through all of them. He made the explanation ten times more interesting than anything that Mr. Tanner said.

But Alora wanted to make a good impression.

So she sat at the uncomfortable school desk and listened to the man speak.

During the lesson, Alora kept passing glances at the other new kid in school—the vampire. She had an unhinged curiosity and desperately wanted to know why he would want to live in this town, seeing as it was a notorious hotspot for the supernatural.

Animal attacks.

It was a common thing she had been seeing in the news ever since her and her father had come to town. Immediately, it had raised red flags for both of the Grey's. Normally, when they had seen it in other cities they had lived in, vampires were normally lurking around.

And as Alora had sensed, there was already a vampire.

But it still didn't sit right with her.

From what she had seen when she brushed against him, it looked like he had given up blood—human blood that is. The images that had flashed through her mind, plus the amount of strength she sensed from him, made her believe that he was only drinking animal blood. That meant he most likely lacked control and had an immense amount of bloodlust...there was a word for it, yet Alora was having a very difficult time remembering what it was.

But if that was the truth, then it meant there was another vampire in town. One that did feed on human blood to survive and one who wasn't afraid of killing innocent humans.

And that was the vampire responsible for the attacks.

And that was the reason that worried her.

Alora also kept glancing at the pretty girl she had seen earlier—the witch.

The story behind her was a lot more intriguing. A witch that didn't know she was a witch. Or a witch that was in denial about being a witch. Alora was yet to figure out which the girl was, but was dying to know. She wondered why none of her immediate family or even her ancestors hadn't told her about the power that she possessed.

It didn't make sense.

Alora had tapped into her powers when she was just a baby—not that she remembered, but her father had told many stories. She did, however, know that she had been practicing witchcraft ever since she was roughly three or four.

So why hadn't the other witch?

Why hide someone's true identity come from them?

It irked Alora the wrong way.

But she just figured she would have to wait to get the answers.

When class was over, she hardly remembered what the teacher had been talking about, seeing as she had become wrapped in her own thoughts halfway through class. Nonetheless, Alora made a swift exit for the door. She wanted to make sure that she had ample time to navigate her way around the school and get to class on time.

And she did.

The young witch had made it to her next class, which was Psychology. She had been late to enrollment and got thrown into many random classes, not that she was complaining. She quite liked the concept of Psychology and the different topics and aspects to it, so she was completely ecstatic to be in the class, which was a very different view from the one she had on history.

As soon as Alora entered, she looked around to see if she could see any familiar faces from her previous class or Tyler, who had helped her to class. She just wished there was someone she may know. It would make the class more enjoyable and less awkward.

Sadly, she saw none.

Great.

Alora made her way to one of the empty seats in the back that was near the window. She wanted to be able to see outside and feel the smallest bit more connected to nature, even if she was trapped in the confines of the building for the next few hours.

Once she had placed her stuff down and had gotten situated in her seat, Alora kept her eyes focused on all the other teenagers that entered the classroom. She saw plenty of kids, all with different styles, heights, hair colors, and everything in between. Her eyes then focused on one of the new arrivals into the classroom.

The witch from before.

Alora had no clue what her name was yet, but she knew she would figure it out eventually. She was bound to after all if they were going to be attending the same high school for the foreseeable future—that is until her father, Dean, decided to move again, which Alora was sort of dreading.

Alora watched as the girl glanced around, looking for a place to sit, before her eyes landed on the seat next to Alora. She then made her to the back of the classroom and sat down next to Alora. Alora immediately tore her eyes away from the girl before she got caught staring.

That would be embarrassing.

And she preferred not to embarrass herself on her first day of school.

Not anymore than she already did when she ran into Tyler.

The teacher soon walked into the classroom. She was a middle aged woman with a bright smile. She dressed pretty casual compared to the other teachers Alora had seen walking down the halls. She wore a pair of skinny jeans with a school spirit type shirt accompanied by a pair of white slip-ons. She looked relaxed as she spoke and like a genuinely nice person.

Alora thought she looked pretty.

But then again, she thought everyone looked pretty.

"Welcome class!" The woman greeted her students cheerily. "Seeing as it's the first day of school, how about we take things easy, yeah? Let's just start off with some get to know you things and a few personality tests...well one."

Alora immediately liked her attitude more than that of her history teacher, Mr. Tanner. She seemed more real and friendly compared to the haughtiness of the other man.

"I'm Ms. Griffin. No 'r' between the 'M' and the 's' because my husband left me for a girl fresh out of college—but no one probably cares about that," Her eyes had widened as soon as she had realized what she had said.

Damn.

Alora was not expecting to hear that.

Some of the other kids in the class gave some quiet chuckles to the statement and others just looked at their friends with 'oh shit' looks—that was the best way that they could be described.

"Well, I'm going to project some questions on the board and you will answer them with the person sitting next to you. It will be a better way to get to know your partner for the year. That will be what is happening the most in class and near the end we will take a personality test called The Pig Test. Next class, we will put together your journals. That is not a worry for today."

Alora contained her small inner panic, seeing as she was going to be partnered with the very pretty witch next to her. She needed to calm herself down quickly.

Ms. Griffin fiddled her computer before she grabbed a white remote and pointed it at the projector that was attached to the ceiling. The projector then turned on, a faint buzzing emitted from it, and soon a bright light was cast on the whiteboard. Moments later, the light rendered and questions in black font could be seen.

Chatter soon filled the classroom as each of the partners turned to each other and began talking with each other. All of them asked and answered the questions that they had been told to do.

Alora rotated around in her chair, so she was facing the person next to her. She saw that the other girl did the same.

"Hi," Alora gave her a friendly smile. "I'm Alora."

"Bonnie."

It was a cute name.

At least in Alora's opinion.

To hell with everyone else's.

"You're new here, aren't you?" Bonnie questioned, tilting her head to side as she scanned her eyes over the girl sitting next to her.

Bonnie took notice of the peculiarity of Alora's outfit. She had never seen someone dress like that in Mystic Falls, not that it was a bad thing...it was just different. She looked so attuned with nature and with herself.

It was interesting to see.

Her eyes then fell onto the many necklaces that hung from Alora's neck. They were different lengths and sizes, many of them had different colored crystals and rocks hanging from them. Some of the other necklaces were beaded ones of many different colors.

That didn't even account for the many rings that were on the girl's fingers.

She thought the outfit was cute.

And she definitely fit the vibe Alora seemed to have.

"That's the question everyone keeps asking," Alora commented, finding much amusement in it. She knew the routine thought. She had been 'the new kid' way too many times to not.

"It's Mystic Falls," Bonnie replied. "Everybody knows everybody...and you are a new face here."

"Yeah," Alora nodded with a small smile. "I moved here on Friday."

"Hm," Bonnie hummed. "So you don't know about the party then?"

That piqued her interest, "What party?"

"Every year, there is a party celebrating school starting," Bonnie replied, briefly remembering the horrific turn that last year had taken.

Neither of the girls had looked at the questions that were projected on the board yet. Both of them were perfectly happy just talking with each other for the moment being, but eventually they would get the actual assignment.

Maybe.

"Oh..." Alora trailed off.

She had never been one for the parties that happened at her other public schools she had attended. Most of them were utterly pretentious, full of drunk teenagers, and intolerable stoners, none of whom had anything good to smoke.

It all just seemed so pointless to her.

She would much rather have a comfy night in.

"You should come," Bonnie continued.

"I don't know," Alora bit her lip, thinking it over.

"If you end up changing your mind and do show up," Bonnie began with a smile. "I'll be sure to look for you."

~~~~~

Alora had made it through the rest of her classes that day. The only notable ones for her were English and Photography. The rest of her classes made her want to fall asleep—but she didn't, not wanting to be rude or to get in trouble no matter how tempting it had been.

The young witch then made her walk home.

At first, she was the smallest bit annoyed, but ended up pushing it down and making the best of it. She decided that it was a great opportunity to get fresh air and be around nature more. Plus, the exercise was an added bonus.

When she arrived home, she halted in her steps when she saw her father outside of their home. He was wearing his normal black pants with a white tee, once again allowing for his tattoos that lined his back to be seen through the thin fabric as well as the ones that decorated his arms.

"You look silly," Alora commented.

Dean turned around to face her in his crouched position, "Gee. Thanks, Lor."

"What?" Alora laughed. "It's just not everyday that you see a man covered in tattoos planting flowers. Not that I'm saying anything is wrong with that, it's just—"

"Yeah, yeah," Dean rolled his eyes and stood up. "How about you place your bag and help your dear old dad?"

Alora nodded and slipped her bag off of her shoulder and placed it on the porch of the house. She then pulled her hair and tied it up into a loose ponytail, so it wouldn't fall in her face, and made her way back to her father.

"So how was your first day of school?" Dean asked as he handed her one of the pallets of flowers.

"It was good," Alora began removing one of the purple colored flowers from the plastic container it was in. "The people are nice. Some of the teachers are too, but the majority of them sort of suck. And I know that is really rude to say, but it's true. My history teachers sort of an ass–"

"Lor!"

"Sorry!" Alora exclaimed. "But he is! He's awful like actually. He's worse than Mr. Matthews from that school in Los Angeles."

"No one can be as bad as that man," Dean replied in distaste, stacking two of the empty pallets on top of each other.

"But he is...You'll just have to meet him and then you'll see," Alora said, finishing up planting her last purple flower and moving on to the white ones. "He's practically one of the only people in this town that will actually warrant your judgment."

"Hey!"

"Sorry!"

Alora and Dean continued planting the flowers in peace. By the time they were done, a beautiful array of colors were present in front of the house in the patch of dirt. The father and daughter had stepped back and surveyed their work.

Alora held her hand out for a fist bump, which Dean reluctantly reciprocated with a sigh.

"Oh! And by the way, there's at least one vampire in town and a witch," Alora told him.

"I'm sorry, what?" Dean questioned, alarmed. "Why didn't you lead with that?"

Alora shrugged, "Because I didn't think it was all that important. The witch's name is Bonnie, who's super nice, and she isn't even aware that she's a witch. She just thinks she's psychic and that her grandmother is crazy."

"And the vampire?"

"I don't know. I just brushed by him by accident when getting my schedule. I saw some glimpses of his past. It was mainly just how he turned into a vampire and his life as one. From the looks of his clothing and the era, he can't be more than a little under two hundred years old. Also, I'm pretty sure he's one of those–uh...I don't remember the word you used, but the ones that are like blood junkies."

"You mean a Ripper?" Dean questioned, crossing his arms over his chest, not caring that dirt got on his white shirt, seeing as it was already stained from earlier.

Alora snapped her fingers and her eyes lit up, "Yeah! That! But there were also a lot of small animals in his time as a vampire."

"So he's a Ripper that drinks animal blood?"

Alora nodded.

"Well, he isn't a problem either," Dean finalized. "Besides, you have the power to be able to take him on and I'll always be able to back you up."

"Yeah..." Alora trailed off. "But he seems nice enough. Both of them do. It doesn't even seem like he wants to harm anybody here."

"We'll see," Dean told her. "Just don't provoke him or any others that might be lurking in this town," He warned his daughter.

"I won't."

"I taught you well, huh?" Dean shifted the tone and now had a cocky grin on his face.

"I guess so," Alora mumbled in response before she walked up the steps, grabbed her bag, and then began making her way inside.

Dean followed closely behind her, but instead of stopping in the kitchen like she did, he went all the way upstairs to change out of the stained white shirt he wore.

Alora was at the sink washing her hands when her father came back downstairs. He had walked past and opened up a cupboard, took out a glass, and poured himself a glass of water from the tap.

"Hey, dad," Alora got his attention as she dried her hands off on one of the towels that hung from the oven door.

"Mhm."

"Can I go to this back to school party thing the school throws?"

"Back to school party thing?" He lightly mocked the name his daughter had given the event.

"Yeah," She weakly defended, placing the towel back where it belonged before she pushed herself up onto the counter, waiting for her father to respond. She kicked her legs back and forth a little and she fixed the rings on her hand so the gems and rocks were centered.

"Fine," Dean conceded. "As long as you're careful."

"I will."

"Don't accept drinks or drugs from random people. Don't leave your drink unattended if you do decide to drink—and if you do, be responsible about it. Don't be one of those stupid kids that's in the newspaper, you know? Don't stay out too late. Don't use your magic in public—"

"Dad!" Alora stopped him mid-rant. "I know all of this stuff. It's all basically common sense."

"Not to most teenagers," Dean shot back. "Besides, it's very shocking to see you finally wanting to go to a party, Miss I-would-rather-stay-inside-with-my-dad-and-my-cat."

Alora shrugged again, "I wanted to give it a go. Maybe it'll be different from the ones that I unfortunately had to witness in LA and in other parts of California. Those ones were awful."

"Just be safe," Dean said again.

"I will be."

Alora hopped off of the counter.

"When is this party?" Dean asked her.

"Tomorrow night," Alora replied. "...I think."

"You think?"

Alora nodded her head, rapidly.

Dean snorted in amusement and shook his head.

"We don't have any food in the house, so if you're hungry, the Mystic Grill is the way to go," He then told her once she had reached the bottom of the steps to the second floor.

"Again?" Alora whined. "Why can't we—you just go to the grocery store?"

Dean sighed, "Last night of it. Promise. I'll go shopping tomorrow, okay?"

"Fine."

"Now go change," Dean told her. "You smell."

"Rude!"

~~~~~

Much to her dismay, Alora was back inside the Mystic Grill. She had ordered herself some fries and a strawberry lemonade, but nothing else at the moment.

Alora's eyes wandered around the place, noticing multiple people that she recognized from around town and in the classes she had during the day.

"Alora!"

She turned when she heard her name, looking to see who had called her name. Her eyes landed on the boy, Tyler, who had helped her find the office earlier. He was gesturing for her to come over, which Alora did, seeing as talking to him was a better option than awkwardly standing there.

"Tyler," Alora greeted him with a smile when she got to the table he was sitting at. She then noticed that he was accompanied by the same boy with the insanely blue eyes. "And a person I don't know the name of."

The blue-eyed boy chuckled in amusement, "I'm Matt."

"Nice to meet you...officially," Alora turned her attention back to Tyler. "So what inclined you to call out my name? Don't tell me it's because you wanted a pretty girl's attention," She teased.

Tyler outwardly laughed with a shake of his head, "Nah, nah. Nothing like that. Just wanted to say hi, you know, ask if you got lost again or bumped into anything other people."

Alora smiled, "I did not and my day was fine. Thank you."

Before Tyler was given a chance to respond, a girl that Alora didn't know walked up to the table. Though, she did take notice that both teenagers seemed to know her.

The girl placed a drink down in front of Matt. "Thanks, Vick," He thanked her and passed her a smile.

She then looked at Tyler, more specifically his empty cup of what presumably looked like soda. "Do you need another refill?" She asked.

"I'd love one," Tyler replied with a smug smile.

The girl then walked away and both Alora and Matt watched as Tyler stared after her as she walked. His eyes were fixated on her ass.

Alora rolled her eyes.

Boys will be boys, apparently.

"Please tell me you're not hooking up with my sister," Matt said to Tyler.

"I'm not hooking up with your sister."

"Which means you totally are," Alora commented to Tyler.

From what she had pieced together, Tyler seemed to be an ass to everyone. She found it pretty odd that he had been nice to her because of that fact, but it wasn't like she was going to complain if someone was friendly to her.

"You're such a dick," Matt told his friend, scoffing.

"I'll be right back, one second," Alora told the two of them before she walked off and helped the waiter that had her food, seeing as they couldn't find where she was. Once she had her food and drink in hand, she walked back to the two boys, who had gotten up and looked like they were about to play a game of pool.

"You wanna play the winner?" Tyler asked her once she was by them again.

"Sure," Alora shrugged before she pulled over one of the stools so she could sit and eat her fries.

"You're going to be playing, Ty," Matt chimed in, knowing he was going to be defeated by his best friend. "He always beats me and well...everyone."

"Mm," Alora hummed as she watched the game unfold.

Tyler broke the triangle. He ended up getting two striped balls off of that shot. He was in the yellow striped and the red striped, which were numbers nine and eleven.

"Damn," Matt whistled lowly.

Tyler then continued the play and knocked in the number fifteen, the burgundy striped, and then he got in number fourteen, the green striped. Both of them had been pretty simple shots, seeing as they were right next to each of the pockets he had shot them into. He then went on to knock in number twelve, the purple striped. He bounced the cue ball off the side, hoping to hit it into the corner pocket.

It hit the side right next to the pocket.

Tyler stepped away with a frustrated sigh.

Alora had since finished off her fries, and one of the workers picked up her empty basket. She had then placed her half-way drunk lemonade with the two boy's drinks before she put the stool back, so she was just standing idly by, watching the game.

It was Matt's turn next.

He stepped up to the side, looking for an easier shot. But unlike Tyler, all of his seemed a bit trickier to get in. He kept alternating between shooting in the yellow number one and the red three. One would have to get knocked in by hitting another one of the solids and the other was a shot all the way across the table.

"Go for the solid red," Alora piped in. "Instead of hitting it with the solid blue, bounce it off the side and get it into the middle pocket—if you want."

Matt listened to her advice and looked back to the table, seeing the shot that she was talking about. Figuring it was better than his other ideas, he went for it. All three teens then watched as the cue ball hit the side and then hit the solid red, which slowly made its way to the middle pocket, eventually going on. The cue ball had broken up one of the clusters as well.

"Thanks," Matt told Alora.

He then moved onto one of the easier shots that had opened up, knocking in solid yellow and solid blue. He then went for a similar shot that Tyler had done for the solid orange, but missed even worse than his friend, seeing as the cue ball went into the pocket.

"Thanks, man," Tyler smugly said to his best friend as he walked past him and took the white ball out, placing it where he wanted to.

Tyler then got in two more of his balls, leaving only the purple striped number twelve and then the eight ball of course.

Matt took his turn next, knocking in two more balls as well, leaving him with the green six. He hadn't missed yet, so his turn was still going. He didn't know what to do, so naturally he looked to Alora for help.

She was more than happy to offer her advice again.

"Go for your right corner pocket. It looks to be the best option...maybe," Alora told him. "But don't hold me accountable if you miss."

"Yeah, yeah," Matt commented, enjoying her company, even if he didn't realize it yet.

Matt then took his shot, and much to the surprise of Tyler, he made it in.

"Oh, come on!" Tyler exclaimed. "Her helping you has to be cheating or something! You would've missed the shot otherwise."

"It's not cheating, dude! It's just a friend offering some helpful advice," Matt answered, making Alora smile.

Tyler mockingly glared at his friend.

"Fine! Fine!" Matt raised his free hand in defense. "No more advice, okay?"

Alora bit back a grin at the interaction between the two friends.

She then watched as the boys played the rest of the game without her saying anything. And just like Matt had predicted, Tyler had one the game.

"Hah!" Tyler exclaimed.

"Damn," Alora whispered to herself. "I guess the reigning champion stays on top. At least for one more game that is."

"You're really sure of yourself aren't you?" Tyler asked her.

"Huh, funny," Alora mused. "I was just about to say the same thing to you."

Matt laughed at what she said as she went to go pick a pool stick that actually matched her height. She then came back to where the table was and saw that it was already set up.

"You wanna break?" She asked him.

Tyler took a step back, "Go ahead."

Alora shrugged. "Get ready to have your ass kicked," She commented before she leaned over a bit and lined up her shot. She then pulled back the stick before slamming it forward and watching as the cue ball hit the triangle.

Two of the balls got shot in.

One striped.

One solid.

Alora scanned her eyes over the table before she decided to go for the solids, seeing as she saw more available shots.

She had already shot in the seven from the break, so she went for the green six. It was a straight shot, which she made. She then rotated around the table to hit the yellow one. She then bounced the cue ball off of the side and it hit the red three in.

"What the hell..." Tyler and Matt murmured.

She had three more balls to hit in and then the eight ball.

Alora looked over the table once more, noticing that there would've been a clear shot to hit the blue two in if not for one of the striped balls blocking.

She lined up the shot either way, angling the stick so it would hit the cue ball and cause it to bounce over the striped one.

"There's no way you can make that," Tyler commented.

Alora gave him a small smile before she turned back to the table and went for the shot. The white ball bounced over and hit the solid blue two, knocking it into the corner pocket.

"Damn..." Matt mumbled.

Alora then went for her next shot, which was a clean one, straight across the table into one of the pockets. She shot in the orange five, unfortunately shooting in the cue ball as well.

She blew a raspberry in defeat.

She was so close to making them all in one go.

Tyler went for his go, lining up his shots and taking them. He only knocked in three of the striped balls before he missed his fourth shot.

Alora stepped up again and began seeing the best way she could get in the solid orange. As she was doing so, Matt and Tyler began a conversation.

"How do you even play so well?" Tyler asked her as she put the pool stick behind her back, lining it up with the specific ball.

"My dad," She replied, hitting the orange ball behind her. "We had a pool table when he lived in San Francisco," She added.

"Is your dad the one that was in here with you earlier?" Matt questioned, keeping his eyes trained on the eight ball she was going to have to shoot in.

"The one with the sour attitude and is covered in tattoos?" She asked back, pinching her eyebrows together as she tried to figure out which pocket to shoot the eight ball in.

"Tattoos?" Tyler questioned, amazed. "No one in Mystic Falls had tattoos, like no one."

"So I've noticed," Alora mused. "But yeah, that's my dad," She directed the last part to Matt.

Matt nodded.

"Eight ball, middle pocket," Alora pointed to where she wanted it to make sure her point was clearly made.

"How are you—"

Alora quickly hit the white ball, sending it across the table, hitting the edge of one end before it bounced off and hit the side, and finally made its way into the pocket she claimed.

"Woooh!" Matt cheered. "There goes the champion, huh, Ty?"

"You have to give me some pointers, dude," Tyler told her. Even he was in awe at some of the odd shots she had taken. He would have never had thought of them.

"Maybe next time," Alora responded. "I should probably get home before my dad sends out a whole search party to find me."

"It's not even 9:30 yet."

Alora shrugged, "He's a little overprotective. See you around, Matt, Tyler."

~~~~~

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls," Mr. Tanner droned on and on and on.

The day had started off amazing in Alora's opinion. Her father had actually been up this morning, so she was able to hitch a ride with him instead of walking. When she got to school, she hadn't run into anybody in the halls. Lastly, she had arrived at class on time.

But then she had to sit through history class.

She had to listen to Mr. Tanner talks.

It made her day not as amazing as it had started out.

"How many casualties resulted in this battle? Mrs. Bennett?"

Alora's eyes widened at the last name and she looked over her shoulder and saw Bonnie. She was not only a witch, but a witch from the Bennett bloodline.

That was very intriguing.

"Um...a lot?" Bonnie replied, innocently. "I'm not sure. Like a whole lot."

Alora shook her head, already knowing that Mr. Tanner was going to say something asinine.

And he did.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" Mr. Tanner asked the next teenager at his mercy.

"It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it," Matt replied, earring snickers from his fellow classmates.

"Hmm," The teacher didn't seem too pleased with his comment, but decided not to say anything more to him. "Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significant historical events?"

Alora now knew the name of the girl that had been talking to Bonnie the day prior.

"I'm sorry, I–I didn't know," Elena stumbled over her own words.

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break," Mr. Tanner spoke.

Ouch.

Alora wondered what he was talking about, but the rest of the class looked like they knew. She was so very out of the loop when it came to the happenings of the town. But she knew many things weren't her business, so she was fine with it—sort of at least.

"There were 346 casualties. Unless you're counting local civilians," Someone spoke up.

Alora turned to see who it was, her eyes landing on the vampire, Stefan. She had figured out his name by listening to the conversations that happened around the school and town.

"That's correct," Mr. Tanner looked surprised. "Mister....?"

"Salvatore."

Stefan Salvatore.

Alora now had a name for the vampire. She wondered if her father knew of him or at least heard of him. She would have to ask when she got home.

"Salvatore," The name seemed to ring a bell for Mr. Tanner. "Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?"

They weren't the original settlers. People lived here before them. Alora wanted to comment, but didn't. She didn't particularly want to cause the teacher to not like her or anything.

"Distant."

"Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle," The teacher replied.

"Actually, there were 27...sir," Stefan corrected. "Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are, uh, stored in civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner."

"Hmm," Mr. Tanner hummed, clearly embraced from being corrected.

Alora's day had just got better.

Thank you, vampire.

~~~~~

Alora was getting ready to leave, so she could go to the party that was happening. She still couldn't fathom the idea that she was actually attending a party for once.

She hated them.

But change was always a nice thing.

"Be careful," Her father told her again once she made her way back downstairs.

"I will."

"And no boys."

Alora laughed and smiled in disbelief, "We both know that you don't have to worry about that...ever."

"Yeah, yeah," Dean rolled his eyes. "It's just fun to say. Now, be safe."

"For the last time, I will be," Alora told him before she walked out of the house and made her way to where Bonnie said the party was going to be happening.

When she arrived, Alora already didn't like the appeal of a party.

She was a social person, but there were too many people for her liking. There were couples making out and plenty of drunk teenagers, even though it was early. She also couldn't spot the only person that she wanted to know was going to be there.

"Great," Alora muttered.

Maybe she should have just stayed home with her dad and cat. She could've been watching some random TLC show and eating junk food with her father.

But instead, here she was.

Alora walked off a little from the party. She was still in the general vicinity and could see everything going around. She leaned up against one of the fences that was by her. She could hear the water rushing by her and she ended up sitting atop of the fence instead. Once she was situated, she took out one of the cigarettes before putting the pack away. She placed it between her lips before lighting it. She then put the lighter away as well.

She surveyed all the people from the school as she took a drag of her cigarette.

Parties: 1

Alora: 0

She blew out the smoke and watched as a cloud of it formed in front of her before it disappeared. She sort of began to wish she had something stronger.

"You came!"

Alora brought the cigarette away from her mouth when she heard the familiar voice of Bonnie. She turned to see Bonnie approaching her accompanied by Matt and a blonde female that she hadn't met yet.

"I did," Alora mused, not bothering to get off of the fence she was sitting on.

"I didn't think you were going to."

Alora shrugged, "I changed my mind."

"You know those kill you faster," The blonde spoke up, her blue eyes trained on the lit cigarette that was held between Alora's two fingers.

Alora couldn't help but laugh. A smile lingered on her face before she extinguished the cigarette against the fence, letting it drop into the water raging below her.

"We haven't met yet. I'm Alora," She introduced herself to the blonde, ignoring the sentence that had been said previously.

The blonde's eyebrows shot up in surprise and a grin appeared on her face. "Alora, huh?" Caroline asked, sending a not so very discreet glance at Bonnie, who was glaring at the blonde.

"Mhm."

"Well, I'm Caroline," The blonde introduced. "You would get along so well with Elena's little brother. He's a stoner just like you."

Parties: 2

Alora: 0

"Caroline!" Matt exclaimed.

Alora just smiled at Caroline, "Just because I smoke occasionally, doesn't make me a stoner. But I'm sure I'd get along greatly with him like I do with most people."

Alora hopped off of the fence. "It was nice to see you again, Matt, Bonnie, and it was a pleasure, Caroline," She maintained a pleasant tone the entire time, much to the shock of all three of them. "But I am going to be heading home."

Bonnie gave her a slight wave goodbye, not finding the words to say anything.

Once Alora was gone, Bonnie turned to her blonde friend.

"Caroline!"

Caroline just shrugged in response before all three teenagers focused on the bridge that was across from them, watching as Elena and Stefan conversed.

Alora was walking her way back through the woods. She kicked a few small rocks and pebbles in frustration whenever they appeared before her. She didn't even understand what prompted her to think that going to a party was going to.

Because it wasn't.

It was possibly one of the worst ideas she had in a very long time.

It was somewhere in between dying her hair pink when she was seven and deciding to unscrew all vital items on her least favorite teacher's car.

Or maybe she was just being dramatic.

She had been wondering her way through the party, weaving her way through all the people that were there. She avoided a very drunken encounter with one of the jocks from the school. It was a lovely reminder of why she didn't like men...or boys—whatever you wanted to call them.

"Somebody help!"

The sounds of someone screaming for help brought Alora out of her little daze. She immediately rushed over to where the commotion was coming from.

"Vicki? Vicki, what the hell?!"

"What happened to her?"

Alora didn't waste any time in going to try and help. She weaved her way through the crowd that was gathering around whatever happened. She pushed a few people out of the way, not trying to be rude, but desperately wanting to help to make sure that Matt didn't lose anyone.

"Somebody, call an ambulance!" Matt called out, worried for his older sister.

"I can help!" Alora told him, pushing a few more people out of the way, but when Tyler heard her say that, he immediately shoved a lot of people out of the way so she could get through.

"Don't lay her down," She told Matt. "You need to keep her elevated a bit otherwise she'll bleed out more."

Matt did as he was told and watched as Alora slipped off the white shirt she had been wearing over her outfit. She knew it wasn't the most sanitary thing in the world, but she also knew that stopping the bleeding was more important at the moment.

"Everybody back up, give her some space!"

"It's her neck. Something bit her. She's losing a lot of blood!"

The young witch tuned them out, trying to focus on helping Vicki rather than just stand around like a panicking vegetable, which everyone else seemed to be doing.

Alora quickly wrapped the article of clothing around her hand, making the fabric thicker than it actually was. She then saw an unopened bottle of water in someone's hands and grabbed it from them, not even bothering to send an apologetic smile to the person. She quickly cracked the seal of the water bottle, pouring water over the white fabric in her hands.

Water spilled all over her skirt, her shoes, and the ground beneath her, but she didn't care at the moment. Once it was damp enough, she gently pressed the fabric against Vicki's neck.

Vicki hissed in pain at first before her eyes began to flutter shut.

Alora's eyes widened. She kept just enough pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding, but not do any further injury. She then began to pat Vicki's cheek, lightly, not even enough to move the girl enough, but enough to get her attention.

The girl's eyes opened the littlest but.

"You need to stay awake," Alora told her in a calm yet stern voice. "Come on, keep your eyes open, okay? Keep your eyes open, please."

Alora kept saying encouraging words to her, keeping the pressure on her wound as she waited for an ambulance to show up.

Her eyes scanned around the area, eventually landing on Stefan. She watched a confused expression take over the vampire's face before a look of realization. He then disappeared into the crowd.

Alora snapped her eyes away.

Two vampires.

There were for sure two vampires.

That wasn't a problem for right now.

The paramedics arrived moments later, taking Vicki out of her care and putting her into the back of the ambulance. Matt got into the back with sister before the doors closed and they drove away.

Alora looked down at her blood covered hands and dirt covered shoes. A frown quickly forming on her face.

Parties: 3

Alora: 0

~~~~~

a/n: hello lovelies:) here's another update. it's long and i've taken this story out of coming soon bc i update it like every other story i have.

i always hate writing the first few chapters, seeing as the OC isn't a part of the click yet, especially in this story. and obviously, i don't want them to be accepted straight away bc that never happens in real life and i want to make it accurate yk.

alora spends most her time with tyler and matt, but she'll talk to more people too. cuz as you see she is social and loves talking. also, she is well aware of tyler's reputation, but hasn't seen it first hand, so she has yet to go off on him yet. cuz we all know she won't like how he treats people.

alora is a smart person and she is super close with her father. a lot of the times they will be working together and stuff, so look forward to that.

i can't wait to get into like the later seaons bc i have so much planned, but that will probably be awhille. LMAOOO. hopefully, ya'll stick around.

also, if the whole saving vicki thing isn't how one would actually save her. sorry. I'm not the most adept with all that secure human stuff.

thank you for almost 2.5k reads!!!

how are we liking it so far? opinions? anything i should change?

please don't be a silent reader. vote and comment.

stay safe and love you all lots<333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 5.9K 68
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗒𝗻𝗲: π˜‹π˜ͺ𝘒𝘳π˜ͺ𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 π˜”π˜ͺ𝘹𝘦π˜₯ π˜‰π˜­π˜°π˜°π˜₯ 𝘚𝘦𝘳π˜ͺ𝘦𝘴 "π™ΏπšŠπš’πš—πšπš’πš—πš πš’πšœ 𝚊 πš‹πš•πš’πš—πš πš–πšŠπš—'𝚜 πš™πš›πš˜πšπšŽπšœπšœπš’πš˜πš—. π™·πšŽ οΏ½...
1.6M 60.7K 109
The name of the town should've been her first hint. 'Mystic Falls' It was like she was asking for trouble. TVD S1-4 (OC ~ MJ Ruiz): Kol x OC Some m...
6K 215 16
❝I lived nearly a thousand years of running away from my father or being trapped into a box because of my brother so, for me, this life is kind of my...
177 16 11
Sybil is the quintessential teenager. Well, she was before her parents woke up one day and chose to move to Virginia. Mystic Falls, Virginia, a smal...