Regret and Grudge

By Stillwell03

Izuku wants to make amends for what he did to Ochako. Ochako hates Izuku for what he did and holds him respon... More

The Boy Who Fell to Darkness
The Girl Who Lost Everything
Rageful Reunion
Destructive Training
Hellish Torment
What Now?
Therapy
Sides
Festival of Aggression
Storming the Field
Battle of Beliefs
Pained Words
Ochako's Unease
Finals
A Date?
Ochako's Realization
War of Hosu
A Real Monster
Decompressing
Peaceful Day
Abnormal Growth
Final Exams
Brutal Teamwork
The Man that can Surpass Greatness
Futures Unwritten
Talks
Training Camp
Quirk Overdose
Aggrivating Impasse
Helluva Night
Night's Conclusion
Anguish of Loss
Dreamscape
Time of Truth
Heart of Hope
Bad Trip
Stitching Together
Provisional
Rush
Rescue Operations
Conviction
Final Decision
The Big Three
Investigations
Horrid Reality
Daddy's Little Monster
Guilt
Eri
New Home
Eri's Adjustment
Self Hating
The Underground Labyrinth
Contribution
Awkward Outings
Dream
Queen of Anatomy
Fits
Love?
A Date
A Lead
Beginning of the Conflict
Tyranny and Tigers
Nightmare's Conclusion
Moving Forward
Daze

Disaster's Origins

999 54 7
By Stillwell03

Flashback to an hour ago, Ochako POV:

"Alright. Why are we going to Tartarus?" I asked as Nighteye gave me an offer to do an Internship with him. He started me immediately with our first stop as part of his agency being at Tartaurs.

"Because it is part of an investigation that my agency is doing. As such, we need to gather as much information as possible. Primarily from a certain individual who this investigation is centered around. I doubt I have to tell you of all people who."

"....All For One." I felt a dark chill go down my spine as I spoke his name.

"Correct. Though it pains me to say, the chances aren't large for us having any form of information given to us by him. For reasons that are obvious, you'll be going inside and discussing with the villain."

"Wait, why are you sending me in to talk with AFO? Wouldn't it make more sense to send someone who's more experienced with interrogating people to talk to him like you or one of your sidekicks or even Togata?" I asked not exactly seeing why they'd send a highschooler in to talk to a sociopath with no form of formal training in interrogations.

"Unfortunately we tried that prior. It failed as all we could get out of him was mindless banter. I figured you'd be more capable of getting something out of him since you hold a slight history with him."

"Wait, Sir. If we're trying to get someone who has history with him, wouldn't it had made more sense to bring Midoriya instead? He is working with Ryukyu to be part of this investigation."

"I figured it would be too soon to bring Midoriya here, Mirio. Though physically he surpasses All Might, he is still very mentally weak to his father. As such, it would probably be for the best to wait until he gets to a more suitable point in his life before subjecting him to his father's evil once more."

I didn't like the thought of this, but it made some sense now that he explained it. "What do you want me to try and find out?"

"The location of the League and more predominantly, Kai Chisaki as well as any further plans he had with Midoriya. This one was asked by the Hero Board since they are still on edge with if we should trust him or not. Perhaps if we also look into the origins of how Midoriya came to be, we can assess if he is dangerous or not for the Hero Board."

"Alright. I'll not make any promises, but I'll try."

Back to present, 3rd person POV:

"This story begins probably four years before you were born. All Might had begun returning to this country and making quite a name for himself. It was quite bothersome. OFA had always been a thorn in my side ever since it was made. However, that idiot Toshinori was something else. In the previous battle with his mentor, I noticed something about OFA and him. It was to a point it could become a danger to my plans. Though I focused a large portion of my efforts to control Japan entirely, I was not blind to the outside world to see what All Might was doing. He was defeating big names in the world, shaking the underworld to it's core. Not that I wouldn't be able to handle him, but there was one problem that continued to grow. OFA was beginning to reform and recreate itself into something else. I grew a bit concerned that if I was not able to stop it soon, even my own power wouldn't be able to defeat it."

"So you were scared of my dad, then." Ochako smirked before AFO corrected her.

"Not exactly. I was concerned of his quirk's growth and the inevitable. This is why I had rid myself of the past holders to only find out after that they already gave the quirk away. But as I began pondering how to handle All Might discreetly without revealing myself until the time was right to the public, a thought came to me. Tell me, child. Have you ever heard of the Quirk Singularity theory?"

"The theory that quirks will soon evolve to a point where the human body can't control the strength of it?"

"Correct. Now this began to make me ponder. I wondered what would happen if my quirk were to evolve. How would OFA fare against an evolved AFO. Now obviously quirks and powers can be recessive in nature and it's always not an easy feat to groom a new quirk, so I had to have my personal medical specialist run tests with his female patients. I needed one that could carry a child that would have an evolved form of my quirk. As such, Izuku's mother Inko came into the picture. She was a normal woman that due to an unforeseen accident, was left with a debt because of an associate of mine suing her. She was deeply in debt and working herself to an early grave. When she came in after a collapse on the job, I presented myself to her and gave an offer. Free her of her debt and this burden by giving me a child or die from the overwhelming payments she had. I explained to her as well that the chances of her paying the entire debt off and living a normal life was so low that she'd be working herself until she was fifty at the rate she was going until it was completely gone. She was 26 at the time and told by doctors to stop working so much or else she wouldn't live long past thirty. As such, she accepted."

"So you knocked up Midoriya's mom to pay off her debt."

"Heavens. You make what I had done sound barbaric. I did not subjugate myself to such vile acts, so it was done in a more sterile way. In the end however, the result was the same. Izuku was being carried by his mother and she'd regularly come to the hospital to have tests done to make it certain he'd have my power. As a precautionary to make sure she knows there are more draconical ways I could do this, I showed her what happens if you cross me as well as a small taste of what my power can do. When given reason, you'd be amazed how quickly humanity will bend to fear and power."

The thought of Izuku being specifically bred to be what AFO wanted disgusted Ochako before she'd go to another topic. "Alright. So Midoriya was made in hopes to be your successor and bred that way. But why didn't you start that process right away? If you turned him into a villain right away by showing him that life only, it would've made that process easier."

"Actually, it wouldn't." Ochako raised an eyebrow at this. "Tell me, child. What in your opinion creates a great villain? Is it the power they hold? Is it the amount of bloodshed they'd be willing to spill? Is it the lack of sanity for you to describe? No. What makes a great villain is the drive. Why they became a villain. Why they despise what they do. Why they want to destroy. Why they find motive in Blind destruction. Blind destruction with no motive behind the destruction is no different than an empty feeling that wells in your chest. To make certain he would go down the path that I wished for him, Izuku had to see what he had to."

"Which is?"

"The darkness of humanity. The lack of sincerity and understanding. Tell me, how much hatred do you think Izuku had from his quirk manifesting?" Ochako thought back to remember how everyone ignored Izuku the first day of school when she transferred in as well as the teacher's actions. "Humanity will immediately deny that which they do not understand. It is common logic to refuse what you don't know and be spiteful for it. I needed Izuku to feel that hatred of the world. To know how they'd despise him. If the world despised him before he caused death and chaos, that emptiness would feel far more satisfying since he'd imagine it being all of you who ridiculed and persecuted him."

 "So you let your son face this and did nothing to help!?" Ochako shouted in anger with it doing nothing to the villain. "Where do you get off doing that to a kid?"

"I did nothing. All the hatred and persecution he faced at the hands of the people he did was all because of those who did it. You can put a pretty covering over it by saying 'we didn't know' or 'they're children so they don't know better'. But in the end, I wasn't the one responsible for treating him horribly before he was taken. That right goes to you all who persecuted and ridiculed Izuku themselves. All I did was leave him be and personally, he'd face more retribution if I was in the picture since heroes would fear and ostracize him and his mother more. You can play that you're morally better than me, but let me ask you this. What makes your actions that are just as much evil as mine justified. If Izuku did become a villain, it was because of you all who were responsible for treating him as one. Not mine."

"But I've changed." AFO laughed at this while continuing.

"Change is a good thing, but how much of the damage  you've given him is irreversible? Changing a stance doesn't always fix a problem. In fact, it hardly ever does. The question with that now is, how much of the damage that has been caused before your change can be reversed."

Ochako didn't want to admit it, but AFO had a point. "So why kill Midoriya's mom? That seemed more insult to injury."

"I personally didn't care if she lived or died after the time came to take Izuku. A companion of mine that worked in the school saw what was happening and told me that the time had come. As such, I simply killed her to tighten a loose end. If she mouthed off to pro heroes what was happening, there would be problems. Also, what harm is there with just one woman dying that hardly anyone cares for? Her death was a means to avoid complications down the road. Nothing more. Nothing less."

"So you let Midoriya live in hell after that for several years with him leaving and turning on you. Personally, I think you dropped the ball thinking he'd be willing to follow you."

"I'll admit, I was brash in my actions at Kamino. However, I'm the type of man that has multiple routes before reaching my final goal. If you would love to hear it, I'd happily do it if you shut off all communications to this room." Ochako thought about this before turning to a camera.

"Nighteye. Please do it."

"She's insane." A guard spoke up for Nighteye to glance at Ochako and see she's determined to see this through.

"Do it."

"But sir-"

"Do it, now." With a bit of irritation, the guard agreed to shut off all audio for the room. Nighteye went on the com link to explain what's happening. "Uravity. Everything is shut off. Motion to us when you are done." Ochako nodded as she turned to AFO. He began speaking with the brunette's eyes being normal before growing wide with her teeth clenched down in anger. She began standing up and shouting for AFO to laugh at her actions. Before things got any farther, Ochako turned back to the camera and gave a nod as a way to indicate the guards could turn back audio.

"There's no way Midoriya will ever do that. He's too nice of a person!"

"You can say that all you want, but the boy is still not in a great state of mind. Even when I'm in here and he's safe out there from my reach, he will continue to regress into what I always had planned for him. A worthy successor. And no matter how much darkness he purges from the world, I shall always be in the back of his mind, prying at his own thoughts. Turning him into what I wish him to be."

Ochako sat there in anger and shock before a voice came on the speaker. "Uravity. Your time is up."

"I guess this ends our little chat. I do hope you enjoyed it as much as I did."

"I hope you die in here." Ochako got up and walked to the door wanting nothing more than to get as far away from AFO before she would do something she'd regret. Once outside, the brunette immediately punched the wall in anger to leave an indent of her fist in it. "DAMNED BASTARD!"

"Uravity. What did he say?" Nighteye came over for Ochako to explain what she heard.

"He screwed with Midoriya more than what we thought when he was in his hands during the Kamino Ward incident. In short, AFO may actually mentally break Midoriya without even having to be around him."

And that finishes this chapter. See what the forward plans will be fore AFO's acts next time. Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 5.9K 43
Midoriya Izuku has gone through hell and back. Not only did he find out that the number 1 villain is his father, but he had to watch all of his frien...
103K 2.2K 112
A different take on the MHA universe. What if Izuku Midoriya actually had a quirk? What if that quirk was similar to OFA, only it didn't leave his bo...
9.2K 229 15
Deep down, Toshinori had seen Midoriya as more than just his student or his successor for One for All. To him, he had seen him like the son he never...
100K 1.9K 32
After their encounter with Mirio Togata, Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka find themselves getting closer to one another. However just as things may...