Naruto: The return of the los...

By SundayFanFICS

It's been 19 years since that tragic incident....19 years since Menma and Narumi were known to be the only ch... More

Ch-1 Prologue
Ch-2
Ch-3
Ch-4
Ch-5
Ch-6
Ch-7
Ch-8
Ch-9
Ch-10
Ch-11
Ch-12
Ch-13
Ch-14
Ch-15
Ch-16
Ch-17
Ch-18
Ch-19
About Update.
Ch-20
Ch-21
Ch-22
Ch-23
Ch-24
Ch-25
Ch-26
Ch-27
Ch-28
Ch-30
Ch-31
Ch-32
Ch-33

Ch-29

1.5K 44 10
By SundayFanFICS

The weather got more violent than before. Weak-rooted trees were simply thrown away by wind. It was not just any natural disaster...everyone could understand that. It was because of tremendous tension of power in the Konoha village due to presence of extraordinary existence. "The village has been destroyed...it's no longer our village...it's a battlefield now" said Kushina. "Village is made by it's people" Minato continued "for now, OUR village is still safe with people safely evacuated. But as Danzo knows everything about the village, if we loose to him we loose our people. I have never felt so useless before".

"Don't say that Tou-san. Look, we have Kakashi-san's Susanoo with us now. We will win" said Narumi. "I don't feel good about this" Menma said with a serious tone "I feel a negetive energy around Danzo that is increasing rapidly-" before he could finish he was interrupted by a call.

"Minato-sama!" It was one of the medical ninja. "That sword" everyone had a confused face listening to the word "that sword which we captured from yellow haired Akatsuki member has been analyzed. It might prove to be vital in this battle".

"Naruto's sword!" Kushina exclaimed which left the shinobi confused. "Where is it? Bring it to us" ordered Minato.

"That's the issue Minato-sama" said the shinobi "the sword is too heavy for anyone to bring here, leave alone to use it for battle. Shikaku-sama has asked for someone who can endure it's weight" with Sasuke being unavailable, Menma was the only one who could possibly use it. So without taking any second he rushed along with the shinobi.

...............

Danzo was in pure state of horror now. In front oh him was one more Susanoo and an entire clan of Uchiha. 'How is that possible? Since when did Kakashi had Mangekyou Sharingan? That little fucker!' He screamed in his head.

The shinobis were overjoyed as they looked at the giant statue which gave them a sense of huge power. They couldn't help but admire the legendary Susanoo which they had only heard from their ancestors but never seen one...that too so close.

"Let's goo this is what I am talking about!"

"Let's kill this Danzo who betrayed us and aligned with Akatsuki"

"The only punishment he can receive is death now"

The whole battlefield again lit up with powerful roars. "Danzo! For my friends and my sensei....I will finish you"

Soon the attacks on Danzo began. One by one he blocked the enemies attacks but it was not enough. He was given no chance of retaliation.

Instead he was being dominated by Kakashi. Sasuke on other hand who tried his best to support Itachi was being ordered to join the battle "I won't Nii-san!" he refused. "Sasuke.." Itachi continued with weak voice "I am alright...join the battle it's my order".

Abiding his brother's orders, Sasuke jumped into the battle with anger filled in his eyes. Only his addition alone brought more pressure on Danzo.

"Atomic beam" a powerful beam was directed towards the shinobis by Danzo but it was blocked by Kakashi. The explosion caused by it was enough to make them realise how disastrous it was. This made Sasuke more worried as he knew that Itachi had taken a direct hit from this.

"Kamui Shuriken" unaware of the attribute of Kakashi's attack, Danzo decided to blocke the attack....but this decision of his was his biggest mistake. The shuriken pierced through his shield and also warped half of his arm.

An unimaginable pain rushed through him. Danzo landed on knees as he felt defeated. The sight of the shinobis in front of him was infuriating for him.
'More power...I want more power...I am the ruler of this world' soon a familiar sound ringed in Danzo's mind 'Do you want more power Danzo?'

'Yes! More power I want more power'

'Then you must allow my powers to enter your soul....only then you will be able to become an immoral'

'Yes...my soul...enter my soul'

Soon an evil surge of power enveloped Danzo. "Noo! I didn't ask for this" he screamed. "No please, even you are going to betray me--"....

The shinobis were left questioned to what just happened but soon their eyes met with terror. Danzo's face was now completely changed. One could say that it was someone completely else.

"Otsutsuki!" Murmered Itachi and Kakashi. "It's just one of his form attack him" said a shinobi as they proceeded to attack him but within a blink of an eye they were met with such a strong flame blast that could rival a Susanoo's defense. Chills traveled up and down their spine.

..........

Somewhere on the battlefield, Uchiha Mikoto (Sasuke's mother) led a group of shinobis along with Sakura and Ino. "That's the last of those Titan in this area" Mikoto screamed as the group launched themselves to takedown the enemy. They were far away from the center of the village from the actual ruckus. As the last Titan was taken down, all were left gasping for air. They were not just some tall Titans, they were extraordinarily strong for even a jonin to take. "There is no time for rest" Mikoto continued "our comrades have been in battle for twice as longer than us. Come on we need to rush to center of village" somewhere in her mind she had her son Itachi's thought.

"Mokoto-san" Ino approached her "did you know about Itachi-san?...I mean he being a member-

"Yes" Mikoto replied. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" asked Sakura. Mikoto stayed silent for a while before she replied "When the Third great war got over and all nations aligned Itachi was very happy....but one day he came home with a very disturbed face. He came right to me and hugged me. I didn't know what happened but Itachi had never behaved such way before.

'Kaa-san' he said 'all those sacrifices went in vain'. I couldn't understand what he said...why he said that. Then he started to explain me everything....I was left baffled...shocked...I couldn't believe it. I was the only one he could speak to...he came to me and me only with a lot of trust. He always had a protective nature but now.... he had extended his sense of protection from village to whole world. In return he asked me for only one thing....to remain by his side and keep the secret".

Ino and Sakura were left silent. What could they speak? They were already burdened by their friends death. They were guilty but more than that they hated themselves for not believing in the hints Naruto tried to give them before.

For Mikoto, it was a huge weight lifted off her chest. The secret she had kept for such a long time...the words which she so deliberately wanted to speak to someone...they were all said and done.
She was lost in her own world thinking of her family before all this as a faint smile appeared on her face..

Flashback

"Happy mothers day Kaa-san!" Sasuke who was just a 6-yr old kid back then jumped into his mother's arms with a smile. Today was mother's day and whole family had made dinner and cake for her as a thanks to all her love. "Wow! Thank you so much everyone" Mikoto kissed Sasuke to which he blushed and started smiling.

Soon Fugaku brought the cake to the table to which she and Sasuke both had an awed-face. "This looks wonderful!" she said. "I and Tou-san made it" said Sasuke. "Oh really?" she asked with a smirk on her face looking at Fugaku.

"Y-y-yeah w-we both made it" Fugaku said with sweatdrop. "Alright then...tell me what chocolate have you used in it?" asked Mikoto. Sasuke and Fugaku glanced at each other before Fugaku took an close look at cake. Since the cake was all white with cherries on top of it he smiled to himself and said "there is no chocolate used in it."

A suppressed chuckle let out by Itachi destroyed Fugaku and Sasuke's proud words. Soon Mikoto joined Itachi in the laugh and said "I knew it's not you both who made it".

"It's white chocolate you both" said Itachi. Soon the dinner began accompanied by laughs and jokes. "You make excellent food Itachi your future wife would be a blessed one" Mikoto noticed a blush on Itachi so she proceeded saying "aren't you both forgetting something important?" Sasuke and Itachi looked at her 'come-on-remember!' face. Sasuke got the hint as he proceeded saying "I love you Kaa-san!"

"Ohh thank you Sasuke" now she looked at Itachi who was struggling to say it. "I-I-I-I-I...Oh stop it Kaa-san".

"Why are you embarrassed to say I love you to your mother?" Mikoto knew that Itachi always had difficulty expressing his feelings and she knew how much both of her children loved her but she enjoyed teasing Itachi so much..

Flashback ended.

Smile on Mikoto's face soon disappeared when a loud explosion shook the tress and ground beneath her. Ino, Sakura and all other shinobis looked at her for next order. "Everyone! rush towards the center of the village".

..........

Regardless of the power before them, they had no choice but to attack him. And then began the most disastrous battle that the Konoha had every seen.

The only one who seemed to be doing something against him was Kakashi. Other all were just simply destroyed. Due to Titan-like monsters summoned by Danzo already massacring the village, it created a shortage of shinobis.
All odds were against Konoha, the weather, the situation and the enemy.

"He absorbs our attacks!"

"No jutsu is working against him!"

"We can only defeat him with Taijutsu"

Even after realising the trick, they could stand against the Half-Otsutsukified monster.
Looking at his fellow comrades being beaten brutally in front of him. Itachi pushed his every ounce of energy and stood on his legs. "Ahhhh!" a loud groan of pain escaped through his mouth as his eyes burned due to overuse.

The monster looked at half-dead shinobi walking towards him. He felt a chill looking at Itachi. He was looking from inside of Danzo how severely he was beaten earlier yet there he is...walking right at him...Byakugan starring at the bleeding Mangekyou Sharingan.

"Nii-san what are you doing?" Sasuke ran beside him as he asked with concern. "Sasuke" Itachi continued as he looked straight into the monster's eyes "this might be the last chance we have...we must kill him now". confidence was restored in shinobis listening to Itachi's words. They stood back on their feet behind the lead of Itachi.

"TSUKUYOMI!"

The monster's heartbeats increased rapidly as he looked at himself being chained on a metal pole. He couldn't move himself. He tried to groan but he couldn't even hear his own voice. Soon Itachi's shadow emerged from the ground. His deadly red eyed glaring at him with a katana in his hand.

The monster glared back at him but realised that this was the very reason he is trapped in here. 'I must not look into his eyes..I must go back from this world of his'.

Before Itachi's image could pierce the katana in his body his genjutsu world started to shatter. And in no time he got back into the real world. It was for a fraction of second, but as soon as he opened his eyes he saw a huge tremendously strong ball of fire right in front of his eyes.

And BOOM! a direct hit sent the monster flying on the ground. His other arm and one of his legs were on the ground....teared off from the body and burned.

The shinobis started cheering as they defeated the monster. Itachi, with no energy left in him fell on the ground. "Nii-san!" Sasuke's concern was evident in his voice. "Sasuke.." with a weak and diminishing voice Itachi asked "did we get him?".

"Yes Nii-san we got that bastard" he smiled. "This is not the end. Everyone! Help our comrades to clear these Titans summoned by this monster" Kakashi ordered as all the shinobis dispersed. Kakashi, using true Mangekyou for the first time had all his energy and chakra drained out. His Susanoo got deactivated as he fell on the ground. Pushing himself, he gathered his strength and walked towards Itachi"we must get him to the medic...he is the hero"..

Cruelly burned, with no arms and a leg, the Otsutsukified monster groaned 'That shitty human...he dared to look down on me and make me feel so miserable. I must go and consume the chakra fruit to restore my full body. But before that...I must kill that shinobi. He is too dangerous to live'

Sasuke tried to pick up Itachi but soon a chilling sensation travelled down his spine which made him numb. Kakashi's eyes were wider than ever, a very thin but sharp dart like laser was travelling at their direction. He wanted to use Kamui but he could barely even activate his Mangekyou.

*SLICE* And it was too late. The dart had pierced through Itachi's vitals. It all happened so fast that Sasuke couldn't even comprehend anything. His dear brother was bleeding like hell in his hands and he couldn't understand anything. He looked back at the monster who was levitating and trying to escape.

"You motherfucker! Fucking looser! That's how you battle huh! Attacking from behind like a pussy!" Sasuke's words were enraging the monster but he had no choice to run "Everyone! Get him" Kakashi ordered the shinobis as they rushed in the direction of his escape.

"Dont run!" Sasuke started sobbing as he looked at his brother's body getting colder in his arms "Don't run...fight me"..

A strong chakra pressure entered the scene as everyone looked at the shinobi. "N-nagato" Itachi murmered spitting out blood. Nagato was stunned at the scene. He never thought that things would go so much out of hands.
He rushed at Itachi's body "Itachi? Who did this?"

"Ot-ot" Pain understood by the initials as fear was evident on his face. "It's Otsutsuki. We thought we killed him with that attack...shit!" Kakashi punched the ground.

"Itachi!" Sasuke's eyes widened as he heard the voice. A lot of questions arose in his minds...how should he explain it, how can he face his mother, how?. As soon as Mikoto came closer her face went pale and wan. "I-itachi?" she crouched to his level as tears started coming out of her eyes. Soaked in his own blood, clothes torn , body bruised all over, lifeless eyes filled with blood.

Her heart was destroyed by the scene. "Itachi! Medic! Call a medic ninja" she screamed. "Kaa-san" a faint diminishing voice came out of Itachi. Everyone payed close attention to his words. "You will be alright Itachi...these are just some small bruises" she said.

A weak laugh escaped through his mouth as he said "Kaa-san are you there? I can't hear anything...I...I can't see anything....but I....I can feel you."

"It's me Itachi! Your moth-"

"Oh I see...looks like my time is up" Itachi's words bursted Sasuke and Mikoto in tears. "No no no Nii-san you will be alright *sobs* you will be alright".

Sakura and Ino, who were also present at the scene were left in tears. "What a tragedy. I wish I could see her pretty face before leaving".

Mikoto supressed her cries in a cloth. Soon she felt a hand on her shoulders "We must listen to what he wants to say" it was Fugaku. "She hugged Fugaku tightly and let all her tears in his arms.

"Sasuke" Itachi continued "you are an excellent shinobi...I hope you are there" Sasuke tightened his grip on Itachi's hands "you must take care of Kaa-san, Tou-san....and the village."

"I will Nii-san I will" he cried. "Please inform Nagato-san that I tried my best to kill that monster....but I failed".

"You didn't fail Itachi. I am the one who failed....I should've have reached sooner" Nagato tried his best to suppressed his tears.

"I wanted to have more spars with you..I wanted to be defeated by you. Sorry Sasuke but looks like I am the winner" chuckled Itachi to which Sasuke replied with smile.

"I don't have much energy left. Before I go there is one thing I wanted to say. I will remember you all even in my afterlife....Kaa-san..Tou-san...Sasuke...I will always love you GOODBYE" with this Itachi let out his last breath and welcomed his death.

Mikoto kept screaming his name, Fugaku was also in tears and Sasuke face was lifeless. His brother's body went cold in his arms. Will he ever be able to overcome this trauma. "I must" Sasuke continued in monotonous voice "I must finish him. I must kill him. Nii-san's death must be honored. I will kill him with my own hands"....

............................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 27 14
On the night Kurama was sealed into Naruto Uzumaki there was a second child present. Menma Uzumaki, Naruto's younger twin and the other vessel for ha...
63.8K 1.4K 47
"I'm his twin sister I have to look out for him" a little girl around 5 mumbles to herself. "you don't have to protect Naruto" her father says to her...
873K 22.1K 33
Book 1: Naruto.... The young blonde boy we know and love.... He still lives in Konoha however... he is different. Konoha is different. Naruto's paren...
10.9K 131 20
October 10th a day that would forever change the village hidden in the leaves. the four children of the yodaime hokage were born Naruto , Menma , Nar...