Count Down

By mehak__22

"Last time I checked you aren't a billionaire neither are you famous. So, don't accept such challenges which... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter-8
Chapter 9
Chapter- 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24

Chapter 14

62 2 3
By mehak__22

Avni's PoV

I don't know where this man is.
Last night when I called him, that bitch picked up the phone and said she'll tell him.

Considering the seriousness of the matter, I don't think he could delay it but here he is proving me wrong again.

"Avni , we should go. We can't wait here anymore." said Rohan

"I know but we can't Ro, he is their son" I said

Just then the front door opened.

There he was standing with Navya and both were in a very disheveled state. Her dress was a bit torn and he had lipstick marks on his shirt and maybe a hickey on his neck.

Wow, I can't believe even after everything I said yesterday, he had sex with her. Not that I care, but atleast he should've thought about what I said.

But right now I have more serious matters to handle.

"Where were you" I asked sternly

"We are not obliged to answer you" Navya replied.

"Nobody asked you anything so you better shut your mouth" I said

"You....." She began

"Just shut the fuckk up Navya" both I and Sid shouted.

" You, do you really care about anyone in this world or it's only you. I have been calling you since night and not once did you pick up my call. Maa tried to call you, you didn't even pick up her call. What the hell Siddharth." I said angrily.

"Wait, maa called, you called......it never happened" he said.

"Ohh really, give me your phone" I said

"My..." He looked towards Navya.

"Baby, we were veryy busy so I put it on silent otherwise they would have disturbed us." She said battling her eyelashes.

*Slap*

Nope not from Siddharth but from me.

"I fucking told you to tell him about everything and this is what you did. Do you even realise the seriousness of the matter. Ohh, of course you don't because you only care about yourself bitch"I said angrily.

After that slap she didn't speak anything.

"Wh.....what happened" Siddharth asked maybe understanding the seriousness of the matter.

"Well maybe if you didn't trust your oh-so-perfect girlfriend with your cell you would have known and things would have been better" I said

"But for now, uncle complained about pain in heart and he is admitted in the hospital. They need to perform a surgery on him" I said.

"That is why I was calling you like mad person and this bitch picked up the call, listened to everything I told and didn't tell you....woww great" I said

"She picked up" he asked

I gave him a look which screamed one more stupid question and you are gone.

"Baby...I..."

"Shut up, just shut the fuckk up. I have been tolerating your every single shit from past few months and also last night but I am actually done this time. You think you are more fucking important than my parents,  you have more right on me than them and your bloody fucking good for nothing explanation about your mistakes in the past as well as present is more important than mom's call......you are veryy wrong. This time you have messed with the wrong people Navya.
They are my life and you obviously don't understand their importance or priority in my life. Never have, never will.
WE ARE DONE. I AM FUCKING BREAKING UP WITH YOU BECAUSE THIS TIME YOU CROSSED ALL THE BLOODY LIMITS" he said

"But......" She began

"No buts or ifs....you know what it's my mistake. I always neglected how you were least interested in my parents , thier well being and never even cared. You always tried your best to make me understand that I should live with you ,away from them if we get married. I thought you'll eventually come around. But never knew you could drop down to this level....to hide something this important form me just because of your fucking selfish reasons....you surely are a bitch. How selfish can you be. First degrading her character, then hiding your past from me and then hiding such important thing fom me.
I could have thought about us and maybe have given you a second chance in the near future, even after everything you did or said.
But not after this. The thing you did this time is unacceptable and I would never ever forgive you for this." he said again and man he was angry.

" Listen, I don't have time for your lectures or whatever, we are already late....if you want to leave come down within five or do whatever you want to" I said coz I needed to be with them.

" No wait, I am coming" he said

I had already packed our bags.

"Out of my house and out of my life Navya. You have crossed all the limits today. We are fucking done and dating you was my biggest stupidity ever. Never in my life I had regretted anything but this is the one thing I would regret always. he said

"No.. please...no baby" she said.

"Let's go Avni....you pack your bags and give the key to housekeeper" he said to her

Okk....that was not at all expected. Did he just break-up with her.

We sat in the car and left for airport. In the plane I sat next to Siddharth while Rohan sat somewhere else.

"What about Karan" Siddharth asked

"He is already there...I informed him last night so he went." I said

"Atleast he is a good son" he said again. I could hear the guilt in his voice.
But it was not his fault. He needed to be strong at this time.

" It's not like that Siddharth. " I said

"You won't understand Avni" he said

I wanted to tell him that no one would understand more than me but I thought of diverting the topic so that he stops self blaming.

"Uh... actually uncle fainted and also hit his head. They took him to hospital....so he is on medications for his brain also and about his operation....we need to put a pacemaker in his heart.
I'll be operating him because mumma wants the best doctor to do the surgery and as I am the HOD of cardiology department , I will be doing it." I said

"I trust you Avni, you treat them like your own. Just make my dad fit and healthy again" he literally pleaded.

"Of course, we'll try our best" I said.

At that time I realised he is not that cold ,rude and arrogant businessman. He is softie inside.
Plus it was never his fault that he didn't knew about it...only if he would have picked up the call. I know he would never delay even for a second if he had known earlier.

After a very long flight we reached home.

"Avni, Sid you are here" as soon as we entered the house mom said.

"Yes maa , don't worry" I said

"Now you are here, I don't have to worry I know" she said

"Sorry mumma, I couldn't come early" Siddharth said

"It's completely fine Sid, I understand" she replied with a small smile.

"I'll just freshen up and get going" I said

"Wait, I coming with you" Siddharth said

"I think you should rest Siddharth....." I began

"No, mom is here and I'll send Karan. He needs to rest" he said

"As you wish" I said and went towards our room.

I changed and came back...took my coat and then Siddharth entered the room.

"Should we leave" he asked
"Yaa" I replied

"Nobody knows I am you husband" he said
because we'll enter together and ofcourse people will talk.
He is famous af.

"Yaa they don't, but don't worry about that....they all know Karan because he visits regularly...so they'll understand" I replied.

"Okk... let's... let's go then" he said and left.

                         Siddharth's Outfit

                         Avni's outfit

___________________________________________

At hospital

As soon as we entered I could here people talking.

Of course, I revealed who I am plus Siddharth is a well know businessman.

"Good evening ma'am"

I could here everyone greeting me as I passed by and I replied back.

I went towards the doctor's lift and Siddharth was behind me.

As soon as the lift closed he said

"They respect you and admire you. I could never get that look from my employees" he said

"Sometimes, the kindness and love keeps the people around you happy and makes them respect you. Fear doesn't work always" I replied.

The lift opened and we went towards the Cardiology ward , V.I.P room.

"Good evening ma'am" A nurse said.

"Good evening Neha, please call me Avni. And can you please update me about the condition of pateint in the V.I.P room." I said.

"Yes doctor right away, I'll bring the file in you cabin and also Karan and Rohan sir are waiting there" she said.

"Okk thank you" I said and started going towards my cabin.

                           Avni's Cabin

We entered inside the cabin.

"Bhai, you are here" said Karan
"Sorry bro, I couldn't......" Siddharth began

"I know bhaii, don't blame yourself. We love you" Karan said.

Neha came and gave me Papa's file.

"Let's discuss what needs to be done" I said.

"Okk so I have checked the brain and everything...just minor injuries here and there because of falling and a few stitches, nothing complicated. So good to go from my side." Rohan said.

"Yaa , I have read his file. Just a pacemaker is needed and he'll be fine and the he just has to follow the precautions." I said.

"We are ready for the surgery whenever you feel like it" Siddharth said.

"Okk, so all the tests are almost done. Let's do it today night" I said.

"Okk.." Karan and Siddharth agreed.

"Karan you go home, I'll be here" Siddharth said.

"But ..." Karan began

"Mom is alone Ran" he said.

"Okk bhai" Karan said and hugged us all and left.

"Siddharth you rest in here for a while, I'll go on a round and no need to worry when papa will wake up I'll call you" I said.

Rohan left and I was about to leave when Siddharth held my hand.

"Avni...um...thank you" he said

I could see the thankful expression on his face and also the guilty look for all he had ever done.

I kept a hand on his other hand and said

"It's alright Siddharth, we are family" I smiled and left.

I don't know why I said that but it felt right.
And now I think of it, the only problem between our friendship was Navya, now that she is gone...we can atleast try to be friends. Because we can't live like this for one whole year

Only God knows what will happen but I do believe it will be for the good.

___________________________________________

Heyy lovelies 🥰

Here's your update.
Okk byyyy ( tired AF) 😪

Not edited...so ignore the mistakes please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 1.9K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...
293K 8.1K 36
The journey of two people...ex-best friends if I may add I guess wanting to keep your reputation and pride intact in front of others costs you someth...
849K 30.1K 56
#1 in hatelove - 12/08/2022 #1 in business - 25/02/2023 #1 in forcedmarriage - 20/07/2022 #1 in businessman -18/07/2022 #1 in arrogant - 23/07/2022 #...
1.2M 36.8K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...