Lay Me Down

By Thischickisbomb

Lizzie had been forced to sleep with men for as long as she can remember to support her mom and stepdad's rag... More

Lay Me Down Chapter 1
Lay Me Down Chapter 2
Lay Me Down Chapter 3
Lay Me Down Chapter 4
Lay Me Down Chapter 5
Lay Me Down Chapter 6
Lay Me Down Chapter 7
Lay Me Down Chapter 8
Lay Me Down Chapter 9
Lay Me Down Chapter 10
Lay Me Down Chapter 11
Lay Me Down Chapter 12
Lay Me Down Chapter 13
Lay Me Down Chapter 14
Lay Me Down Chapter 15
Lay Me Down Chapter 16
Lay Me Down Chapter 17
Lay Me Down Chapter 18
Lay Me Down Chapter 19
Lay Me Down Chapter 20
Lay Me Down Chapter 21
Lay Me Down Chapter 22
Lay Me Down Chapter 23
Lay Me Down Chapter 24
Lay Me Down Chapter 25
Lay me Down Chapter 26
Lay Me Down Chapter 27
Lay Me Down Chapter 28
Lay Me Down Chapter 29
Lay Me Down Chapter 30
Lay Me Down Chapter 31
Lay Me Down Chapter 32
Lay Me Down Chapter 33
Lay Me Down Chapter 35
Lay Me Down Chapter 36
Lay Me Down Chapter 37
Lay Me Down Chapter 38
Lay Me Down Chapter 39
Lay Me Down Chapter 40
Lay Me Down Chapter 41
Lay Me Down Chapter 42
Lay Me Down Chapter 43
Lay Me Down Chapter 44
Lay Me Down Chapter 45
Lay Me Down Chapter 46
Lay Me Down Chapter 47
Lay Me Down Chapter 48
Lay Me Down Chapter 49
Lay Me Down Chapter 50
Lay Me Down Chapter 51
Lay Me Down Chapter 52
Lay Me Down Chapter 53
Lay Me Down Chapter 54
Lay Me Down Chapter 55 (COMPLETED)
One Shot!!!!!
Lay Me Down One Shot Winner

Lay Me Down Chapter 34

223K 1.7K 518
By Thischickisbomb

VOTE/COMMENT/VOTE/FAN

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“So, are we going out tonight?” Ariel asked. I waited for Carter to answer. The three of us were sitting at the table eating our breakfast. I nibbled on my toast as Carter stole a glance at me.

“Why don’t we just stay in tonight?” he questioned.

“I want to go out Carter. Come on, in a few days I’ll be back at work and away from you” She pouted.

“I guess we’ll go out then” He stated. She smiled.

“Great! I already know what I’m going to wear. Lizzie do you have an idea of what you might wear?” She asked me.

“Umm I think I might just stay in and catch up on my sleep” I replied. I really didn’t need to run into Trent anywhere. I knew that he spent most of his time at clubs.

“What? No, we have to have fun. I’m sure there will be some gorgeous guys and maybe you could get it in.” I choked on my toast and began laughing. This chick was crazy.

“I think I’ll pass” I stated.

“No….. Why?” I laughed. I look towards Carter, who seemed not to being paying us any attention.

“I guess I can go” I responded. It was that moment that Carter looked up.

“Yay” Ariel shouted. I chuckled and finished eating my food.

We entered the club and the bass immediately plummeted into my ears and the smell of liquor infatuated my nostrils. We were at club La Vida, Ariel had chosen it. I wasn’t too happy about being here because I knew that this was a spot that Trent commonly came to.

I followed Ariel and Carter as they approached the bar. Carter ordered all of us a round of shots.

“Carter let’s dance” Ariel said pulling him onto the dance floor. I watched amused as they headed to the dance floor. I couldn’t really hate Ariel yet. I mean she wasn’t mean or rude, she had only reacted  as expected.

I bobbed my head to the music. I had been sitting at the bar alone for an hour. I wasn’t in the mood to dance and nobody had asked me anyways.

I was about to go and find Carter when a presence came amongst me.

“Will you come talk to me?” he asked.

“Trent, I don’t think---“

“Come on Lizzie, I won’t bite” he said grabbing my hand. I allowed him to pull me away and lead me through some double doors that headed to a room in the back of the club. I had no idea why I was trusting him, but I continued to follow him.

We entered a room that I was all too familiar with. “Have a seat” he said as he sat down on the couch. I sat down next to him and then I caught a glimpse of the drugs on the table next to the couch and then it immediately hit me. I wanted the drugs.

“Where have you been Lizzie?” He asked me.

“Nowhere,” I responded as my eyes flickered from him to the drugs. He eyes me suspiciously and then he caught site of what I was looking at.

“When’s the last time you had a hit?” he asked as he grabbed the needle and withdrew the liquid that had been melted.

“Trent I need to go,” I said getting up, but he grabbed me and pulled me back down.

“You want a hit?”

“No Trent I can’t.”

“Come on Lizzie, you remember how good it feels” He said grabbing my arm. I let him take it. It was like I was losing control of my body. I couldn’t stop him. I couldn’t say no. The want for drugs was taking over. He slid a rubber band up my arm and then his clammy fingers searched for my vein. I closed my eyes. What the hell was I doing? I needed to stop this. I couldn’t do this.

I felt the needle pierce my skin. I snapped my eyes open and stared at Trent. Instantly a sense of euphoria passed through my body. Gosh I had missed this! At this moment I did not want to quit. I wanted the drugs forever.

“I missed you” Trent said as he leaned over me. He pressed his lips against mine and I returned the favor. There was something else taking control of my body. I didn’t know what it was but all I knew was that it wasn’t me. He leaned away and pulled me onto his lap, I straddled him. My lips clung back to his and I kissed him deeply as pleasure roamed through my body.

His hands began to roam under my skirt and he pushed my panties aside. I heard the door open but I ignored it. I was under the influence of pleasure, but was soon stripped away.

“Lizzie what the hell are you doing?” Carter asked as he pulled me off of Trent.

“Nothing” I stated looking away. He made me face him, but I hung my head low.

“Look at me Lizzie.” I ignored him. “Look at me Lizzie!” I held my gaze up and stared him in his eyes.

“Lizzie you…why..did…fuck!”He stammered.  “You stay the fuck away from her” he yelled at Trent.

“Dude I can’t help that she wants me, pretty soon she’ll be back for good.” Trent stated. Carter grabbed my arm and pulled me back to the club and the music seemed ten times louder and the smell was more intoxicating and the room was spinning.

“Carter stop” I said as my knees began to give out. I was getting a major headache. He grabbed me as he noticed me slumping and he lifted me up into his arms.

When I thought that my ear drums were going to burst the music died down and it was replaced by the sounds of an abandoned street.

“Carter” I slurred as he carried me effortlessly. “ I’m sorry” I told him but He never said anything back and my eyelids were getting heavy and pretty soon they shut and I was lost in the darkness.

Carter’s POV

I sat outside on the front porch with Jay, it was somewhere near dawn. Ariel was asleep and so was Lizzie.

“She’s on drugs Jay” I said finally getting to the point of why I had called him to come over here this late or more like this early.

“Who?”

“Lizzie and the other night I had to watch her have a withdrawal. It was the hardest shit I ever done in my life. I wanted so badly to give her the drugs to just calm her down, She was thrashing in my arms and sobbing and it’s just a hard thing to witness.” I explained. Jay knew everything about Lizzie, he had approached me about it a long time ago after Jenny had told him. She had a big mouth.

“I can imagine how hard it is, especially since you care about her. I remember watching people I had never seen in my life go through it.” He told me. Jay had somehow ended up in med school and he studied the reactions to addictive substances.

“God she made me so mad, we had gone through that withdrawal and then she uses again. I couldn’t believe that she had just given in like that. It was like it was a waste of time.” I told him.

“You have to keep her on a harder leash Carter, she needs someone there for her full time, if she’s going to get over it.” He informed me,

“Will you stay over this morning?” I asked him “ I just don’t want to end up lashing out at her and I’m still mad about last night. I’ll go get breakfast with Ariel or something.”

“Yea sure, so umm what are you and Lizzie? Are you cheating on Ariel?” He asked.

“No, we are just friends” I told him. He nodded his head.

“Is she still selling her body?” Jay asked.

“No, not since she’s been staying with me.” I told him. “At least I don’t think she has.” I told him.

“You know that this is going to be a long process right? She’s going to start having withdrawals every other night and she’s going to have to do it cold turkey if you don’t put her in a facility.” He told me.

“Rehab? That’s like me giving up on her, I’m not doing that.”

“Well a guy used to tell me that when he was going through his withdrawals, he would submerge himself in a tub of ice water and it would make his body go numb making the process easier. Maybe that will help”

“Thanks man” I said giving him a hug.

“No problem anytime, what are bros for?” I chuckled and stood up walking back into the house.

“Well I’m about to get some sleep, you know where everything is, so just make yourself at home like you always do.” I went into my room and closed the door behind me. Ariel was sound asleep in the bed. I got in next to her and wrapped my arms around her and then I fell asleep.

Lizzie’s POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I pulled the covers over my head trying to block out the light. I slowly got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom. I looked like total shit.  I rinsed my face and brushed my teeth and hair, trying to make myself look somewhat presentable.

I walked out of my room and into the living room. Jay glanced at me as I walked in.

“What’s up sleeping beauty?”

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“What? That’s the kind of welcome I get?” I laughed and went and plunged down on the spot next to him.

“I’m sorry. I missed you Jay” I said wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into a hug. He laughed.

“Where’s Carter and Ariel?” I asked.

“They went out. Carter asked me to stay with you. He’s really mad at you girl.” He informed me.

“Wait what? Why?”

“The club last night…” I thought for a minute and then it all came flowing back into my mind. Holy Shit! What was I thinking? I wasn’t thinking?

“Jay I wasn’t thinking, I don’t know I just couldn’t back away from it and.. I’m so sorry” I said as the tears came to my eyes.

“Hey it’s ok. Don’t cry please don’t cry” he begged. I chuckled at him not wanting me to have a mental breakdown.

“How mad is he?” I asked.

“Well he  wanted to leave so that he wouldn’t lash out on you or say something that he would regret. He just needed to calm down. He should be back soon since you slept until the afternoon.” He informed me.

“What time is it?” I asked him.

“Almost three”

“Damn!” I muttered. He laughed.

“I know right  I checked on you like five times just to make sure that you were breathing.”  I laughed.

“Thanks for watching over me Jay.”

“No problem.”

“So ummm I’ve been wondering this for a while now. Where’s Jenny? Do you guys still date?” I asked him out of the blue. He laughed .

“No, not for awhile now, but she lives not too far from here. Her boyfriend isn’t very fond of me. They’ve been dating for like two years.  We could go grab a bite to eat and I could take you to see her.”

“That would be great. Let me get ready.” I told him hopping off the couch.

I occupied the passenger’s seat In Jay’s car. The ride was pretty silent but it wasn’t awkward. It was a little over ten minutes before we arrived at a small house that was located in a homey neighborhood.

Once the car was stopped I got out of the car and followed Jay to the front door. He knocked three times and then waited. A guy appeared at the door that seemed to be in his middle twenties. He was your typical blond hair blue eyed stereotype and he was gorgeous.

“What are you doing here?” He immediately asked looking at Jay and then eyeing me suspiciously.

“I came to see Jenny, where is she?”

“She’s not here.”

“Bullshit, go get her” Jay demanded.

“If you want to see Jenny, you got to come at me better than that, not only is this Jenny’s place but it is also mine” He stated bluntly.

“Can you just put all the bullshit aside and tell her to come to the door.” Jay asked. He stared at Jay for a few moments and then looked me up and down.

“Hold on!” he said as he returned back into the house.

“So yall really don’t like each other huh?” I asked Jay.

“He’s such an ass. He’s just mad because Jenny wants me.” he stated.

“Jenny wants nothing to do with you.” I heard the guy say from inside the house before he came back to the door. I laughed.

“Come in” He said holding the door open for us. “I’m Johnson by the way” He said to me.

“Lizzie,” I said in return.

“Lizzie?” I heard a voice scream as I heard running footsteps. I turned in the direction of which they were coming from and caught site of Jenny before she slammed into me giving me a hug. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her.

“Girl I have missed you so much! How have you been?” She asked.

“Good, How about you?”

“Great” She replied. “Did you meet Johnson?” She asked.

“Yea we met” I informed her.

“So what are you doing with this jerk?” She said referring to Jay.

“You screwed this jerk once” Jay mumbled under his breath but it was loud enough for all of us to hear. Jenny punched him in the arm and muttered a ‘shut up’.

“We were just hanging out and I asked about you and now here we are,” I said holding my hands up in a tah daa motion. She laughed.

“I missed you so much Lizzie” she said hugging me again. I smiled.

“Same here.”

“Are yall hungry? You should stay here and eat so we can talk.” She stated as she grabbed a hair tie and put her hair up. Jay grabbed her hand and it was then that I noticed the ring on her finger indicating that she was married. Jay stared at the ring.

“Are you two getting married?” He asked. Jenny snatched her hand away.

“Yea” She replied monotonously.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Jay questioned.

“Why would I?”

“Because I’m your friend, you should have told me.” He stated.

“She doesn’t need to tell you anything!” Johnson replied for her.

“I wasn’t fucking talking to you” Jay snapped.

“Jay stop” I said grabbing his hand “Don’t”

“Yea Jay don’t because I’ll lay your ass out.” Johnson stated.

“Johnson stop” Jenny stated.

“No, I’m tired of your weak ass boyfriend thinking he’s better than me, but only if he knew how bad his girl was feigning to have me back inside---“ Johnson cut Jay off with a punch to his jaw. I quickly grabbed Jay and tugged on his shirt as hard as I could pulling him away from Johnson before he could retaliate.

“Jay please stop,” I said getting in his face. “Please, just not now, please don’t do this.” I told him. He looked at me and then past me. The anger and disgust was clear on his face. He turned around and stormed out of the house.

“We’ll catch up Jenny, but right now I should go.” I told her and she clearly understood.

“Alright bye girl, but come back!” She said walking away from Johnson and giving me a quick hug before I left.

“Bye and I will” I replied as I walked out her door closing it behind me.

“Jay” I said as I got into the car. He ignored me, it was obvious that he still cared for Jenny or he would have never acted that way.

“Where do you want to eat at?” he asked me.

“Surprise me” I replied.

Jay ended up taking me to this seafood place called Jumbo. I stared across the table at Jay but he wouldn’t look up or say anything to me.

“Jay a---“

“What can I get you two to drink?” The waitress asked interrupting me.

“I’ll take water” I said

“I’ll take sweet tea” He told her. The lady wrote something down and then walked away from the tables.

“Jay?” He looked up towards me. “Are you alright?”

“Peachy” he replied, but you could tell that it was all a front. He was angry and he was hurting.

“You don’t have to pretend with me Jay. You still care about her.” I stated. He sighed and rubbed his hands over his face in frustration.

“I’m in love with her Lizzie” he said showing all the pain and sorrow on his face.

“Have you told her?” I asked.

“I pretty sure she knows”

“But you don’t know that for sure” I retorted.

“Doesn’t even matter Lizzie? She’s getting married”

“But she’s not married yet.” I told him. “You should tell her.”

“Do me a favor. You tell Carter how you still feel about him and I’ll tell Jenny” He said. What in the world? How did he know I still cared for Carter?

“What do you mean? Carter and I are just friends. I don’t feel anything more than a friendship for him.” I lied. He smiled.

“Whatever you say Lizzie.” He replied. Our conversation ceased then and there. There was no way I could tell Carter how I felt. He had a girlfriend and they were clearly happy together. I was this drug addicted prostitute and he was this well sustained college graduate. Our puzzle pieces would not connect, ever!

Jay and I ordered our food and ate and then we headed back to Carter’s place. I was so full and all I wanted to   do was lay down and go to sleep.

I knocked on the door.

“Girl why you knocking? It’s Carter” Jay said as he reached in front of me and turned the knob opening the door. I walked inside and he followed close behind me. Carter was on the couch alone and he was flipping through TV channels.

“Hey” he said as we walked in.

“Hey” Me and Jay both said in sync. Jay went and sat down on the love seat and I sat next to him.

“So what did yall do today?” Carter asked.

“Nothing just chilled and got something to eat” Jay said immediately. I was guessing that he didn’t want to tell Carter about what was going on.

“Yea we had a good time” I told him. Carter nodded. We sat there for a moment and watched whatever was on TV.

“Where’s Ariel?” Jay asked.

“Oh she had to leave early for work” Jay nodded in understandment.

“Alright I’m about to head out.” Jay announced

“Bye” I said giving him a hug. “Thanks for staying with me today.” I told him.

“No problem anytime. I’ll catch up with you later  Carter”

“Alright man see you later.” Carter responded. Jay walked to the door and left closing it behind him. Carter focused his attention back on the TV screen. Was he still mad at me?

“Carter can we talk?” I asked him.

“About what?”

“Last night,”

“There’s nothing to talk about”

“Carter,” He sighed and turned off the TV turning towards me.

“Fine! Talk!” He slightly yelled.

“I’m sorry Carter, don’t be mad at me, please don’t be mad   at me.” I begged.

“Lizzie I’m trying so hard not to be, but…. Why Lizzie?” He asked.

“I don’t know. He just…I just….. I was being stupid Carter and I wasn’t thinking.” I told him honestly.

“That first withdrawal….. Was it not as bad for you as it was for me? I mean I figured it would be  a lot worse for you, but you took the drugs the next chance you got.” He stated.

“Carter I just, I wanted it. I needed it. I don’t know if I can do it.” I said as my cheeks became wetted from my tears.

“Lizzie come on don’t cry.” He said pulling me onto the couch with him. “You can do it and we’ll make it through it.” He stated.

“I can’t do it Carter, especially when you go clubbing or when you’re having sex with your girlfriend and I need to get away.” I told him honestly.

“I’m sorry” He said “We shouldn’t have went clubbing and I shouldn’t have done that with you in the house. It’s my fault.” He stated.

“Carter I wasn’t blaming you,” I said as I placed my head in his lap and he ran his fingers through my hair.

“I know Lizzie, but you should be.” He stated.

“No I shouldn’t, you’ve done so much for me. There’s no reason to blame you.”

“You’re are so forgiving.” He told me.

“Thanks” I said hesitantly. Our conversation stopped and I just lay with my head resting in Carter’s lap and his hands playing with my hair. Carter really was an amazing guy and I loved him for it. I sat there staring at the wall in front of me, thinking about nothing and then it began to happen. I began to get anxious and I felt really stressed out. I knew what was happening.  I sat up and moved closer to Carter. I would try to do this. I could get past this. I would do it for myself and Carter. I placed myself in his lap and I felt him tense up. I squished myself against his chest and then I buried my face in his neck.

“Lizzie what a---“ He started but my body began to shake and he knew exactly what was going in.

“H-hold m-ee—e.”  I stuttered. The trembling was causing my teeth to chatter and my voice to come out drained. Carter wrapped his arms around me and held me in a tight embrace. My body went from room temperature to the temperature of hell in mere seconds. Carter picked me up and carried me into his room. He placed me on his beg. I clung my arms around his neck.

“D—ont leave m-e-e- C-carter.” I said.

“I’ll be right back Lizzie. I promise.” I had no clue where he went and what he did but when he came back, he began undressing me. He pulled off my shirt leaving me in my tank top and then he unbuttoned my jeans and stripped them away from me. He picked me up and took me into the bathroom as I felt like I was burning alive.

“I’m going to place you in the water okay?” I nodded.

He submerged my body into the tub and the rush of ice cold water immediately hit me. I felt Carter get in behind me and he wrapped his hands around my waist and he pulled me close against him. I could feel my body cooling down and soon the tremors stop and my body felt like it was stoic. I could only feel Carter’s body shivering against mine. I rested my head against his chest as I leaned back and began to relax, my eyes soon closed and it was replaced with darkness.

Sorry if it sucks or if there are any mistakes. It hasn't been edited. :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.9K 58
What will happen when zee meet nunew after four years? Why nunew suddenly appear in front of zee? What he wants from him? Let see❤️
54.1K 901 42
'Who do you belong to?' he asked as he breathed down on my neck. He had me pinned to the wall. I watched him as his hand slowly moved from above me t...
467K 1.9K 60
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
22.3M 169K 45
"Everyone knew she was his." ~ Ava and Lucas have been best friends since Lucas saw Ava at the playground when she was 4 years old. She is inn...