Battle Scars (Yang x Male Rea...

By Darkdragon647

It was now time for the Vytal Festival to begin. You and your teammates were all eager to begin fighting in t... More

Meeting Her Family
The Festival Begins
JNPR vs. BRNZ
SSSN vs. NDGO
Winter's Arrival
Walking on Ice
CVFY vs. CMNE
RWBY vs. FNKI
Too Early to Celebrate
Fairy Tales
Familiar Faces
Secrets
An Unexpected Turn
Destiny
In the Shadows
Divide and Conquer (Part 1)
Divide and Conquer (Part 2)
Divide and Conquer (Part 3)
Beginning of the End
Estranged
Aftermath
An Unhappy Ending

A Monster Again

412 9 4
By Darkdragon647

You were now in your room sitting on your bed being lectured by General Ironwood. Your teammates stood outside while the room was blocked off by two Atlesian Knights. 

General Ironwood: I thought I had this disciplined out of you! 

y/n: James, I'm not lying. I swear I saw him attack me. 

General Ironwood: Well, video evidence and millions of witnesses say otherwise! And it all shows you attacking an innocent student because he slandered you for being a faunus! What's worse, a shot in a place like that could have killed someone! You're lucky that boy lived!

You stood up and faced General Ironwood.

y/n: James! You know I wouldn't lie to you. There has to be something going on here. I'm telling you the truth, I saw him attack me.

General Ironwood stared at you for a moment and looked down sadly while giving out a sigh.

General Ironwood: I know you wouldn't lie to me, y/n.

General Ironwood looked back up to you with a worried look.

General Ironwood: But I'm worried for you. When I found you out in Kuo Kuana you said you claimed you were a monster and now because of this the whole world is going to have a reason to see you that way. 

You looked down sadly as General Ironwood said this to you. 

General Ironwood: I want you to have a good life, y/n. But I can't change what the world sees. They've already drawn their own conclusions about you and now they're begging to draw conclusions about both Beacon and Atlas. I've already done all I can to keep you from going to jail, y/n. But I won't be able to do so again.  

You sat back down on your bed defeated as General Ironwood walked up to you and placed his hand on your shoulder. 

General Ironwood: I didn't want this for you, y/n. But whether it was an accident or an attack, I'm here to tell you that you've been disqualified.

You stood motionless and defeated giving no response.

General Ironwood took his hand off of your shoulder and began to walk out of your room. 

General Ironwood: I'm sorry.

Switching to Yang's perspective.

Yang and the rest of team RWBY watched as General Ironwood walked out of your room with a sad yet serious look on his face.

Yang: What's going to happen to him?

General Ironwood: He's been excluded from the tournament. He will be under probation for the rest of his time in Beacon but he won't be going to jail.

Yang and the rest of team RWBY sighed in relief but Blake looked worried.

Blake: General Ironwood, I don't know if y/n has told you but y/n and I have some history with each other. He and I were both in the White Fang. Does anybody out there know about that?

General Ironwood: I know, he's mentioned you along with his brother when I brought him back to Atlas, and don't worry about his history in the White Fang. I gave him a clean record so that he could have a fresh start.

Weiss: That's good.

Ruby: But we still don't know what happened down there. What did he say about what happened?

General Ironwood: He said that Mercury attacked him after having slandered him. 

Yang: Then I believe him. 

Everyone turned to face Yang. 

Yang: y/n, may have kept some things a secret from us before but he never lied to us.

Blake: Yang's right. y/n and his brother were a lot alike in some ways. But there were still a number of things that separated them from one another. And one of those things is that y/n has never killed anyone before. So I don't believe he would do something like this. 

Weiss: I agree. y/n may have been temperamental. But I know that he wouldn't do this out of rage.

Ruby smiled and placed her hands on her hips.

Ruby: Yeah. He's always risked himself to try and protect us. No way would he do something like this.

Yang smiled at her teammates and pumped her fist eagerly.

Yang: Yeah! So if he says that he was attacked then I believe him!

General Ironwood's seriousness broke as he smiled at team RWBY.

General Ironwood: Well then, I'm glad he's got teammates that he can count on. 

General Ironwood then turned to Yang.

General Ironwood: And that he has a wonderful girl in his life.

Yang lowered her arm and smiled proudly. However, the moment was then interrupted by Qrow walking up to everyone. 

Qrow: Hey, sorry to interrupt. But I'm gonna need a minute to talk to my niece here.

Qrow gestured to Yang. Ruby looked a bit worried.

Ruby: What's wrong?

Qrow: Just something your sister needs to hear on her own right now is all. So, if you all don't mind we're gonna need some privacy.

Everyone nodded in acknowledgment as Yang and Qrow walked into the girl's bedroom to talk. Qrow made sure to shut the door behind him.

Qrow: Yang, you're not gonna like what I'm about to say. I know that you love him, but I'm just worried for you. 

Yang: Uncle Qrow, y/n is a good guy. 

Qrow sighed sadly.

Qrow: Yang, I've seen how happy he makes you but that's part of why I'm worried.

Yang: What do you mean?

Qrow leaned back against the wall next to the door as he sighed again sadly.

Qrow: Yang, when you were being raised by Summer I saw how happy she made you as a mom. But then we lost her. 

Yang looked down sadly as she remembered losing Summer, the one who raised her when her real mother wasn't there for her.

Qrow: What's worse, it wasn't long after that you found out she wasn't your real mom and how my sister, Raven had walked out on you when you were too young to remember.

Yang clenched her fist angrily as she remembered how her mother was never there for her and how she attacked her friends in team JNPR only earlier today without even properly explaining herself.

Yang: Today wasn't the only day I saw her.

Qrow: What?

Yang looked back up to Qrow.

Yang: When we were on our first mission as a team I was in a lot of trouble. I was being attacked by someone. But when I came too she was gone and I saw mo-

Yang shrugged she didn't believe her mother deserved to be called her mom.

Yang: Raven was there. She was dressed like how she was in your picture with you, Summer, and dad. I recognized her sword too. 

Qrow was a bit surprised but still seemed to have his suspicions.

Qrow: She didn't say anything to you when she saved you. Did she?

Yang shrugged again.

Yang: No, she didn't.

Qrow sighed in disappointment.

Qrow: Your mother's a complicated woman, to say the least Yang. When she was pregnant with you she always talked about how even though part of her was afraid she was still eager to be with you. But then the day you were born, she disappeared. She had gone into labor when your father, Summer, and I were all trying to close a breach at the border. When we heard your mother had gone into labor we all rushed to the hospital only to find that your mother had left you alone at the hospital not even leaving a note to explain herself.

Yang looked down in sadness and frustration. Qrow then walked up to Yang and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Qrow: That's why I'm worried for you, Yang. The last thing I want for you is to be left alone like that again. I don't know your boyfriend as much as you do, Yang. But what I do know is that I want my niece to be happy. So, promise me that you'll be smart about this. Ok?

Yang looked back up to Qrow. 

Yang: I promise I'll be smart, Uncle Qrow. But I really do believe that y/n isn't lying. He's always worked hard to make up for the things he's done when he was in the White Fang and for abandoning his brother. So, I believe that he'll work hard to make up for this too. Just like he always has.

Qrow still looked worried but seemed to trust Yang. 

Qrow: Alright then. 

Qrow's face then went serious again.

Qrow: But if he breaks your heart. He's dead.

Yang chuckled.

Yang: Yeah, I got it.

Yang and Qrow then walked out to see General Ironwood and the rest of team RWBY waiting outside of your room. 

Yang: Can I see him?

General Ironwood nodded and instructed the Atlesian Knights to step aside and let Yang walk in. 

Switching to your perspective.

You heard the door to your room open but you paid no attention and continued looking to the ground frustrated with yourself.

Yang: Babe?

You knew Yang was worried for you but you were too ashamed to look at her. After a moment Yang shut the door and walked up to you before she sat next to you. She tried to place her hand on yours but you pulled it away not believing that you deserved it. But Yang grabbed your arm and pulled your hand back out and began to hold it. 

Yang: I'm right here, y/n. And if you believe that Mercury attacked you then I believe you. 

You still didn't look up to Yang but still replied. 

y/n: I don't think I even believe myself at this point.

Yang grabbed your face and turned your face to look at her. She then rested her forehead on yours.

Yang: Then tell me everything that happened y/n. I'm right here. I'm listening. 

Part of you still didn't trust yourself because of the incident but you trusted Yang, so you began to tell her everything that happened.

y/n: At the end of the fight everything around me suddenly became blurry. It was like everything was distorted almost. Then I heard Mercury saying, "There wasn't going to be a next time." When I turned around to face him he tried to attack me. So I felt I had no choice but to defend myself and shot him. I wasn't trying to kill him but I wasn't able to aim properly in that situation so I ended up shooting him in the torso. But once I did all the blurriness of everything else around me faded and Mercury was on the ground injured. It almost felt like a setup.

Despite your explanation, you still looked defeated. You knew you still had no way to prove yourself.

Yang: If that's what you believed happened y/n then I believe you.

You felt happy that Yang believed you but you were still confused. 

y/n: But, how can you believe me so easily? I can't prove what happened.

Yang: You're right. You can't prove it. But you've never lied to me y/n. So I won't believe that you're lying to me now.

You couldn't help but smile at Yang as you hugged her.

y/n: Thanks.

Yang: You've never given up, y/n. No matter how hard things got. So I won't give up on you either.

You and Yang then both looked at each other as Yang put her hand on your face again.

Yang: There's that handsome smile I love.

You wanted to thank Yang for bringing it out in you but instead, you kept looking at Yang as you continued smiling at her. 

Yang: What's wrong?

y/n: Nothing. I'm just looking at you. 

Yang chuckled as though she knew what you were going to say next. 

Yang: Why?

You then chuckled as you remembered how you first said this to Yang at the dance.

y/n: Because you're beautiful.

Yang giggled at your flattery and the memory of you both at the dance as she kissed you. After you both enjoyed your kiss you both rested your foreheads on each other again.

Yang: I love you. So much.

y/n: I love you too. Always.

Qrow then walked into the room. 

Qrow: Alright, as cute as you both are I don't want any funny business going on, alright?

Yang turned to face Qrow. 

Yang: Uncle Qrow, we're not going to do anything stupid like that.

Qrow: Just being careful. 

Qrow then looked at you. 

Qrow: Listen. I don't know much about you. But I know that my niece has gone through a lot. Someone that should have always been there for her wasn't. So I need you to promise me that you'll always be there for her. 

You looked to Yang and then back to Qrow as you held Yang's hand reassuringly. 

y/n: I promise. No matter how hard things get. I'll always be there for her. 

You then looked back at Yang who looked back at you. 

y/n: Like she was always there for me.

You and Yang then smiled at each other. Qrow smiled at the both of you as well.

Qrow: Good. 

General Ironwood then walked in as well. 

General Ironwood: y/n, I think it's best you rest easy for today. It will help calm the nerves.

y/n: Ok.

Yang: I'll be in touch if you need me. Alright, babe?

y/n: Alright.

Yang gave you a kiss on the cheek as she, Qrow, and General Ironwood all walked out together. 

Switching to Yang's perspective.

Yang was now outside with her other teammates, General Ironwood, and her Uncle Qrow. 

General Ironwood: I have some things I have to discuss now with Professor Ozpin. I'm sorry things had to end up like this. 

General Ironwood walked away and left the team alone with Qrow. 

Qrow: I'm trusting your boyfriend Yang. I can see that he loves you. I'm hoping he sticks around.

Yang nodded at Qrow.

Yang: Thanks Qrow.

Qrow: No problem.

Qrow then looked to Ruby and back at Yang.

Qrow: I'll need to keep an eye out in case things get any more hectic. But if either of you needs anything I'll be nearby.

Qrow patted Yang and Ruby on the shoulders. 

Qrow: Take care you two.

Yang and Ruby waved goodbye to Qrow as he walked off and left the team alone. Weiss shrugged.

Weiss: This is a mess. 

Jaune opened the door from team JNPR's room. The rest of Jaune's teammates stood behind him worried.

Jaune: Is he doing ok?

Yang gave a reassuring smile. 

Yang: This isn't the first time things have gotten rough. y/n doesn't give up, so I know that he'll come back from this. 

Ruby was clenching her arm nervously.

Ruby: I heard that Mercury was being rushed to a hospital for his injury. His teammates have gone with him too. So, until he's treated no one will be able to question him about what happened.

Ren: If there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Ruby then smiled and looked at Pyrrha.

Ruby: Alright then. If that's the case. Pyrrha?

Pyrrha sat down on her bed.

Pyrrha: Yes?

Ruby: Be sure to win one for Beacon, ok?

The rest of team RWBY all smiled as well.

Blake: That's what y/n would want.

Weiss: Absolutely.

Pyrrha looked to the side nervously before looking back.

Pyrrha: I'll do my best. 

Ruby: I'll be sure to watch tonight in case you're picked.

Pyrrha smiled at Ruby but then looked troubled. Her teammates seemed worried for her.

Yang: It might be best if I stay here. I want to make sure y/n is alright. 

Blake looked exhausted.

Blake: I may have not fought in the tournament but I think I've had more than enough fighting for one year. Not to mention that there's still a lot going on we still don't know about.

Weiss nodded at Blake.

Weiss: Ditto. I guess the best we can do right now is just focus on what we already know. Coffee?

Blake: Tea. 

Weiss and Blake then walked off to go get coffee and tea. Yang then looked to her sister Ruby.

Yang: Ruby?

Ruby: Yeah?

Yang: Will you be all right on your own for a bit?

Ruby gave Yang a reassuring smile.

Ruby: Yang, you've always been there for me when I was younger. Besides, I think y/n needs you more right now.

Yang smiled back at Ruby.

Yang: Alright, just call if you need me. 

Ruby then hugged Yang as yang hugged back.

Ruby: I'll be alright Yang. You don't need to worry.

Yang: Alright.

The two sisters then let go of each other as Ruby began to walk off. 

Yang: Enjoy the matches. 

Ruby: I will. See you later. 

Switching to Emerald's perspective.

Cinder, Emerald, Mercury, and Neo were all on a medical airship. Mercury was in the back with Emerald who was applying pressure to his wound to keep him from bleeding out. Cinder was in the back with them as well while Neo was driving the ship.

Emerald: Cinder! We don't have medical training, what are we going to do!?

Cinder's eyes began to glow a fiery hazel color.

Cinder: Move your hand.

Emerald was confused.

Emerald: What?

Cinder leaned forward and raised her hand over Mercury's wound. 

Cinder: Emerald, listen. Move your hand.

Emerald still wasn't fully sure what Cinder's intentions were. But despite her confusion, she found herself still obeying Cinder as she took her hand off of Mercury's wound. Cinder then placed her hand on Mercury's wound as her hand began to glow with great heat. The heat then proceeded to burn Mercury's wound as he screamed in agony at the pain. After a moment of Mercury's agony Cinder took her hand off as Mercury's wound was now cauterized. Mercury was now heavily breathing as he tried to calm himself down. Emerald was mortified by what just happened.

Emerald: What was that!?

Cinder looked at Emerald with a serious look.

Cinder: I told you if things went wrong I would fix them didn't I? And I did.

Mercury grunted in pain.

Mercury: I wouldn't call this fixing.

Cinder looked at Mercury with a reassuring smile as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

Cinder: You'll live. For now, you can lay low for a bit too. We wouldn't want the public to see you out and about after that injury.

Emerald: Wouldn't it have just been better if we just let him go to the hospital?

Cinder looked back up to Emerald with a smile that looked reassuring however Emerald still felt a sense of dread as Cinder looked at her.

Cinder: And spoil everything? No. It's better that things remain more of a mystery for the public. Besides, we'll have work for Mercury to do later.

Mercury sat up grunting in pain as he clenched his wound. 

Mercury: Well, it had better have worked since you didn't exactly tell me I was supposed to get hurt.

Cinder grinned and pulled out her scroll. 

Cinder: Well, let's see.

Cinder then turned on the news to see the reports of the incident today. The first was Vale Nightly News with reporter Lisa Lavender giving a report on the incident.

Lisa: A terrible tragedy took place this afternoon during the one-on-one rounds of the Vytal festival tournament. 

Cinder change the channel and saw another reporter for the same news company who was interviewing a tourist from Haven.

Haven Tourist: I know these students are being taught to fight. But that is just uncalled for. That boy could have been killed!

Cinder changed the channel again to another reporter who was interviewing a wealthy-looking tourist from Atlas. 

Atlas Tourist: This is exactly why faunus should never be allowed to go to schools like this! They are violent wild animals that have no sense of self-control! They're all monsters just like the ones in the White Fang!

Cinder changed the channel once more to see a helicopter overlooking the border as hundreds of guards were protecting against hordes of grimm attempting to break through the barriers. 

Helicopter Reporter: Despite Atlas reinforcements, authorities are still calling for any available huntsmen to assist in the spike in grimm activity. 

Cinder chuckled deviously.

Cinder: Perfect. Now, all we need is the right moment.

Things are getting heated up now. Sorry, again things are getting rocky with posting. My work schedule was pretty weird this week. But luckily things are calming down now. So, I should be able to start posting more consistently. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for all your support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 38 9
Beacon's second semester is here! Y/n is still being monitored closely by Ozpin and Y/n is amazed at how a man like him has made it so far even with...
291 0 12
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in th...
256K 4.7K 35
Y/n is the younger brother of Adam Taurus, after years of fighting side by side with Adam you leave the white fang wanting to change people views on...
9.7K 213 15
Your journey as Adam Taurus' twin brother continues as you begin your second semester at Beacon Academy. Your team has begun to grow skeptical of you...