Flickering Records

By sleepycale

Everybody has a choice to forget memories they created. However, does everybody have that option? More

One shot

906 77 63
By sleepycale

...I have grown an obsession to Soo's, haven't I?

---------------

The keys jingled lightly inside the empty hallway. The small sound of the lock clicking caused the door to slowly creak open.

Silently walking inside the small apartment, the scent of citrus hit his nose as he slowly flicked the light on. He stood still silently as he dazedly stared at the empty hallway.
["Roksu!! You're home already?!" Choi Jung Soo smiled brightly as he rushed down the hallway, hooking his arms around Roksu's neck. "Hyung ordered food! He said it's his treat again." Choi Jung Soo spoke proudly of his accomplishment.

"Let me help you, come on! The food is hot." Choi Jung Soo cheerfully said while opening Roksu's jacket in a hurry and pulled him towards the kitchen.]

*sigh*

Kim Roksu shook his head as he slowly took off his black jacket. Placing it on the side, he removed his black scarf and hat, placing it alongside his wet umbrella.

Slowly walking down the empty hallway, his eyes locked towards the messy kitchen. Everything was placed where they shouldn't belong.

["Roksu-ah?! You're already home?" Lee Soo Hyuk's eyes widened for a bit, quickly turning soft as he smiled brightly. "Go freshen up, the food is gonna be ready in a few." Lee Soo Hyuk smiled giving a quick hair ruffle.]

Roksu shook his head trying to get rid of his records. He slowly walked down the hallway as he felt the wind blow past him a little.

["Hey! Let's go together" Choi Jung Soo teased as Kim Rok Soo looked at him with a disgusted face. "No." Laughing at the reaction, Choi Jung Soo hooks his arms around Roksu once more, pulling him towards the room.

"I said no," Roksu said, yet his lips were twitching upwards causing Choi Jung Soo to chuckle lightly.

"Yea, Yea, and you think I'll listen." Choi Jung Soo mockingly ruffled Roksu's hair as they walked inside the room.]

*slap*

Kim Rok Soo slapped his cheeks twice, causing them to turn a little red as he tried to shake off his records. Today, for some reason, his records had gone against him.

Falling victim to his records, his body felt heavy and hot as his footsteps got weaker every passing moment.

'Ha' Roksu shook his head as he decided it was best to take a shower to clear up his mind.

Slowly, walking outside, the water started to drip down his hair towards his body. His eyes turned towards the messy bed, with pillows all over the place.

["Roksu! How could you keep your hyung all hungry and waiting!" Choi Jung Soo whined with an overexaggerated expression. "I never asked you to wait." Kim Roksu smirked, causing Choi Jung Soo to gasp.

Kim Roksu's lips twisted upwards as he dodged the pillow that was thrown at him. "You brat! You should respect your hyung," Choi Jung Soo pouted, crossing his arms.

"You're not my hyung." Roksu bluntly said and quickly walked out the room, smiling when he heard Choi Jung Soo's offended 'Hey']

Ignoring the records that were shown as illusions in front of him, he slowly walked out of the room to prepare his food.

The smell of jjajangmyeon, kimchi stew, and bulgogi filled the air as Roksu slowly started to place three plates on the table. The portion of food and the table setting, everything was placed for three to eat.

Placing down the plate, Rok Soo lazily called out, "Food is ready."

Yet again, nobody answered.

"The food will get cold if you don't come– Ah..." His eyes shook for a while as he slowly sat on the chair beside him.

Silence engulfed his surroundings as he quietly stared at the wall in front of him. His eyes started to grow heavy as he could feel his body sweat.

["I'll eat your share of the food if you two don't come!" Kim Roksu teased. Chuckling slightly as he heard loud footsteps rushing towards the kitchen door.

"Hey! You finally cooked food for us, and you're trying to gobble everything up yourself?!" Choi Jung Soo yelled as he barged inside.

"Ha, Why am I stuck in this chaos?" Lee Soo Hyuk sighed, shaking his head as he slowly walked towards the chair. He was composed as if he wasn't also panicking a few seconds ago.]

The bustling chaos, the noise that never seemed to have a mute button, the little apartment was cozy and warm. Filled with laughter and endearment.

Three men lost their family when the world flipped.

Three men struggled to survive as they tried their best to fight and see another day.

Three men were lonely, as they lost many people along the way.

However, maybe it was called fate or maybe it was just some kind of random coincidence.

Three broken men who tried their best to survive found a home in each other's presence.

The eldest was a hero. The man who saved millions of people yet struggled to find peace as many relied on him.

The middle was a swordsman. The man who had yet to learn his skills successfully, yet always rushed towards the battlefield hoping he could save another life.

The youngest was a strategist. The brain of the team. His strength was at rock bottom yet he rushed towards the battlefield, hoping his guilt of surviving and fulfilling a promise would come to an end.

Three men who sacrifice themselves for the sake of others.

Three men who lost everything in their life.

Three men who never knew what home or love meant after the doomsday.

Three men who finally understood those words as they stuck by each other's side.

*crack*

A stick broke in two as Kim Roksu's grip on the chopsticks tightened.

"Call me Hyung, Roksu!"

"Hey! Don't you know you should respect your hyung."

"Roksu-ah! Come on, take a rest."

"Roksu-ah, it's okay to take a rest!"

"I'll leave it up to you."

"Surviving is the best, Roksu-ah"

"What will you do with us?"

"I bet he will cry as he remembers us."

"After this, we are going to go farm in my hometown."

"We'll have to drag Roksu with us. Who knows what mess we have to get him out of."

The records flickered through his eyes as his heat went up even more.

One always keeps the memories that you make with somebody so dear, then again Roksu didn't have a choice.

While people could choose to forget, he could only stay silent and rewatch the records that play in a loop.

His eyes wandered around and he stared at the half-eaten cup noodles left by Choi Jung Soo before they rushed out for work. Sighing, he stood up and walked towards the couch.

Shirts and pants that were supposed to be washed by Lee Soo Hyuk were lying in a pile.

Everything around him was triggering his memories.

Everything around him was suffocating him as he felt as if he no longer could breathe.

Picking up his wallet and phone, he rushed outside the apartment. He couldn't stay there any longer.

It felt like he was being pulled into this unknown vortex with no escape.

*Tring Tring*

The convenience store's door opened wide as he put on his hood. Grabbing himself a packet of dried squid and soju, he walked towards the window and took a seat.

The rain was falling heavily today, causing him to lose sight of reality. Inside his own little bubble, he drank and ate, as he stared blankly outside.

There are memories that he can always forget. Memories Roksu never kept because he wasn't the slightest bit interested in them.

However, all his records, all the memories that he held so dear, all of them had Choi Jung Soo and Lee Soo Hyuk in it.

Even if he tried to play next, skip a few scenes, all of them always led to the two.

His world revolved around the two. The two who he held dear, more than anybody else in the world.

His consciousness was slowly disappearing as the alcohol hit him more than he imagined it to be. Not realizing he finished many bottles as he reminisced about the past.

He dozed off in the store as beautiful memories with his hyungs played on repeat.

—-

*Tring Tring*

The door to the convenience store burst open as a few figures rushed inside. Trying their hardest to catch their breath, they walked towards the owner of the store.

"Have you seen a male, about my height, with black hair?"

The worker pointed towards the window as they finally signed in relief.

"We told him to go home and rest because of his fever." Choi Jung Soo sighed. Whenever Roksu was sick, he always had difficulty controlling his records.

"This troublesome dongsaeng of mine."

Lee Soo Hyuk rubbed his head as he smiled softly. After paying for the food he went to the sleeping man and gently carried Rok Soo.

Entering their cozy small apartment again, Rok Soo was placed in the middle as the two hyungs slept on both of his sides.

"Good night, dongsaeng."

They wished, slowly closing the lights as they cuddled together, and fell asleep.

Their arms wrapped around each other, and legs tangled.

The three lonely and broken men...

Are home at last.

---------------

Beta credits:

The story idea has alot of credits- So I shall just put the whole convo of how this happened.

So... Do you want a different ending ;)

Discord is always the reason for my angst :<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 130 6
Amaryllis. A flower that represents true love and genuine feelings. Such a beautiful flower would be an amazing token of love, would be a great pres...
985 60 1
Maybe that was why he was having this insane... dream. Haa of course that must be it. He had probably gone bonkers after using instant and getting th...
185K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.3M 56.2K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC