Solitaire

By RaquelRodriguez167

LOVE /ləv/ noun 1. an intense feeling of deep affection. "Love is what kept them going" Male!OC x Five Hargre... More

𝟘.𝟘
𝟘.𝟙
𝟘.𝟚
𝟘.𝟛
𝟘.𝟜
: :
𝟙.𝟘
𝟙.𝟙
𝟙.𝟚
𝟙.𝟛
𝟙.𝟝
𝟙.𝟞
𝟙.𝟟
𝟙.𝟠
𝟙.𝟡
𝟙.𝟙𝟘 (sneek peek)

𝟙.𝟜

215 11 0
By RaquelRodriguez167

"Jesus, your real sick bastards."
"Thank you."
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"You feelin' better champ?" Klaus' voice rang through Mavis's ears as she coughed up whatever was left from her episode, and digested what just happened. It rang so loudly, like a slow ringing in her head, causing her to wince before swinging her head back and forth swiftly, almost as if it would drown out the noise.

"Okay first, not a kid. Second, don't call me champ. And third, no. No, I'm not okay." She failed at stopping the ever growing noise and chose, to just ignore it.

"...Wanna talk about it?" He asked, still sitting on the ground, now with his legs splayed out just as Mavis's were. In response she laughed humorlessly on the verge of tears at her sorry state,  "why? I mean- why as in why do you care? You just met me."

Klaus looked at her not knowing exactly how to comfort people without sleeping with them, or using drugs, which was obviously off the table so he used the only thing he could. "Listen, I meet A LOT of strangers, and have done worse things than just talk okay, like this one time I-"

"Hey! Back to me alright. My time. " Mavis cut him off, just in time to stop his terrible but laughable attempt to make her talk. It was the effort that counted. "Talk away Cupcake." she shot him an almost glare, "... that one I will allow. Anyway, you know what that was right?" she asked him, referring to her heaving.

"What? Oh! You mean you, spewing your guts out? Then yeah. been there and done that." he laughed genuinely, with a remaisent look. Mavis stared at him wide eyed at his nonchalant-ness at that. Considering all she felt as shame.

"Heh. Guess we both have some things in common huh? Not good things but hey, it's a start" she told him, laughing slightly. " yeah! Hey maybe, we'll grow to be besties or some shit!" he bumped her shoulder enthusiastically. " yeah.." she trailed off as sobs began to rack her body, and the ringing in her ears became unbearable.

Klaus' eyes widened at the rudeness of her emotions. "Hey..." Klaus moved, wrapping his arms around the crying girl, who flinched but didn't pull away, and eventually accepted the embrace.

"I tried. you know, I really tried Klaus. But I don't know how to play a different game. And i mean, I really fucking love them. The way Will doesn't look at me or Five like we're monsters. The way Five understands what it feels like to be alone, and makes sure that neither of us feels that way again. They're perfect. In every way. But me? I'm crying to a complete stranger after telling him my life's story. No, I'm not like that. I'm too broken. too hollow. I don't deserve them. But im too fucking selfish to let them go. yet I still continue to lie."

"... Well, I guess we don't have as many things in common". Is all he said, looking away before back at her. " What do you mean?" she asked, to which he looked her directly in the eyes, "The moment you fell and were the only one that didn't wake up, I saw how worried both five and Will were. I saw how gentle William was when he was carrying you to the couch. The look of relief on both their faces when you woke up. " Mavis began tearing more, before the tears settled on her cheeks.

"The difference between you and me, is that you have not just one but two men who love you to death. I don't really have anybody to care whether or not I live or die. I don't really have any friends. And you've met my family. But those two? if you just talk to them and explain the situation to them, they'll understand." he put a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it, "Promise."

At this point, Mavis couldn't blink without tears falling, but she still couldn't fully grasp at his words.  "That's not why I haven't told them. I know they'll understand. The thing is, I don't know if I can stop. they'll expect me, if I tell them to be ready to get clean but I'm not. I don't know if I'll ever be." she tried.

  "You will. Do you know why?" he asked, pulling out something from his pocket. The lavender-haired girl just shook her head 'no'. "because you're selfish. And you don't want to lose them."

"But-" she tried to find a reason to disagree, but Klaus wasn't having it "no buts! Only my perfect one, being right as always." this caused the girl to giggle, and smile genuinely, "okay.." he smiled at this triumph, "okay good. Now who wants some weed?" He asked 

"I'll pass but, thanks." she declined. "Your loss" he rolled a joint. There was a second before Mavis spoke again, "Hey Klaus?"

"Hm?" he hummed in response, "you were wrong" she smirked, "I thought that we just agreed I'm never wrong-" he tried, "well you were." he sighed, "about?" she smiled fully this time, " You are alone. you're not. not anymore". She finished, leaning back against the wall. 

Klaus had a ghost of a smile, and lightly teased, "Softy". To which she responded with an, "Shut up before I eat you." her mistake,  "oooh don't threaten me with a good time!" he exclaimed, "oh now you sound like Will!" Klaus laughed at her attempt to sound mad.

Finally

The ringing stopped

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -

After having gotten nowhere, Will and Five both made their way back to the house only to see Mavis looking pretty exhausted sitting back at her pile of papers shifting them around as if nothing had transpired once they were gone. "Hey" is all she said in acknowledgment, not bothering to look up from her pile of papers, mostly out of concentration, but maybe a little bit out of shame. They both responded back in the same tone, plopping down on five's bed, but without not even a moment of silence passing, a sigh was heard, on the side of the room, where Vanya was seen, walking through, "Oh thank god."

"I was worried sick." she told him, a look of relief finding itself on her face. Five turned to her after, having gotten up to stand and look out the window, "Sorry I left without saying goodbye." the two off to the side, nodded in agreement. However the woman didn't seem to agree, "No, look, I'm the one that should be sorry." Five made his way over, hands in his pockets. "Yeah, I was dismissive, and...I-I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying." she continued, "And I still can't, to be honest."  Mavis and Will both had looks of distraught.

They knew how Five would handle this, and it's not that they didn't agree, just that they didn;t want to be here for it. "Maybe you were right to be dismissive," he scoffed before walking away from her, continuing, "Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well...like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind." he finished, agreeing.

They finished with Vanys offering a therapist and Five declining her offer. Finally they were seemingly alone now. At the exact time, out of the closet emerged, Klaus "Touching, all that stuff about family, and dad and time. Wow!" he exclaimed. Five turned to him, "would you shut up?She'll hear you" Five told him, as the man himself pat Mavis's head, to which she responded by swatting his hand away. "I'm moist." he said while doing so, "gross."

"I told you to put on something professional," Five told the man, looking him up and down in disappointment. Klaus looked insulted and said, "what? This is my nicest outfit." hearing this, Will says to the man, patting his shoulder, "I think you look great." and Klaus shot him a thankful smile. Five sighed, "we'll have to raid the old man's closet." He began walking out the room, "As long as I get paid."  Will and Mavis behind Klaus, made it outside the room, "when the jobs done." 

"Okay so just to be clear, on the finer details, i just gotta go to this place, pretend to be your dear old dad, correct?" Klaus summed up, questionably.  "Yeah, something like that" Mavis had stood by Klaus's side, while Will at Five's. Mavis excitedly said, "So what's the plan?" Klaus agreed, "Yeah. Like what's our cover story?"  Five looked at the two confused, "What? What are you talking about?" he asked, "i mean was i like really young when i had you? Like 16? Like young and-terribly misguided?"  Mavis nodded along with what he was saying, "Yeah! Like are we three siblings? Or are me and Will just your friends, or-" she was cut off by five, "sure."

"-That's not an answer."

"-your mother that slut."

Both Mavis and Five said together, Klaus dramatically, and Mavis deadpanning. Though, Klaus continued, "whoever she was. We met at...the disco." he chuckled, "okay? Remember that." Five nodded, and Klaus snapped his fingers, "oh, my god, the sex was amazing." Will grimaced at the image that popped up in his head, and also the one he saw pop up in Klaus's.

"Gross."

"What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain." Five insulted him, putting his hands on his sides, like a scolding parent, "Don't make me put you on time-out."

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -

"Like I said to your son, and his friend earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential,'' The doctor told Klaus, under the guise that Five was his son, and the other two were just really close friends of his. "Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

Five stood at the front of the desk, looking rather annoyed, telling the man, "well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name." The man shrugged, "Well that's not my problem." This made Mavis suck her teeth in annoyance, as she stood from her chair and said, "Well, how's about you make it?" Will sinked in his chair, finding it impossible to be able to control the two, so he opted to watch. "Sorry. Now there really nothing more I can do, so-"

"And what about my consent?" Klaus interrupted emotionally, "Excuse hme?" The man asked, confused and at this point so was the rest of the room. "Who gave you permission..." he began fakely crying, "...to lay your hands...on my son and his friend?" he pointed to five and Mavis, since they were the only ones standing. Both the man, and Five in unison asked, "What?" While Mavis just looked confusedly at Five, turning to Will who gave her a shrug of unknowingness, she turned back. "You heard me." Klaus shot, "I didn't touch your son, or his little friend." The man said in defense.

"Oh really?" Klaus asked at the same time Mavis mouthed the word, 'little' looking insulted. "Well, then how did he get that swollen lip, then?" he sat up from his chair turning towards Five, "He doesn't have a swollen-" The man was cut off by Klaus hitting Five across the face. Then he turned his sights on Mavis, who understood what was happening, and raised an eyebrow in amusement, nodding at him as consent for what he was to do. "And what about her bruised cheek?" He backhanded the girl, maybe a little too hard, as she almost lost her balance but was caught by Five, who looked pissed.

Will looked wide eyed at all of this, thankful he was sitting down, but then grew more concerned seeing the growing smirk on the Lavender-haired girl's face. She stood tall one more grinding at the sudden rush she had received, pushing onto the table with Klaus, who seemed to match her energy. To Five and Will this was terrifying. Klaus inhaled sharply before saying, "I want it. Name please. Now." he leaned on the desk. The man breathed out a shaky breath pointing a finger at Klaus, "you're crazy."

Klaus chuckled, "you got no idea." he picked up a snowglobe, giving it to mavis who gladly accepted, "peace on earth." That's so sweet." she read it out, before smashing it on his forehead, leaving a gash below his hairline, with blood trickling down. He yelled and groaned before looking up, "God that hurt." he groaned. The manager picked up his phone, rapidly dialing numbers, "i'm calling secur-" He grunted as he was cut off by Klaus grabbing the phone, putting it up to ear, "-what are you doing?" The man asked loudly, Klaus gasped before saying into the phone, "there's been an assault... in Mr. Big's office, and we need security, now. Schnell!" he slammed the phone back on the desk sighing as he did so.

He looked up at the man, "Now here what's gonna happen, Grant." he said, "It's..Lance." the man corrected, "in about 60 seconds, two security guards are gonna burst through that door, and there gonna see a whole lot of blood,and they're gonna wonder, "what the hell happened?" and we're gonna tell them that you..." he began fakley crying once more, "...beat the shit out of us." he began sobbing dramatically, before sighing, and returning to his crazed, self standing straight as if the gash in his head wasn't there, "your gonna do great in prison, Grant. Trust me, I've been there. Little piece of chicken like you. Oh god, you're gonna get passed around like a..." he paused before continuing, "you're just- you're gonna do great. That's all I'm saying."

"Jesus your real sick bastards." Grant told them, to which they responded, "Thank you." Klaus spit a piece of snow globe, and Mavis spit out some blood one the desk, as punishment for the 'little' commnet. Five grinned while Will was still processing what just happened.

Later, Grant was shifting through folders, while five stood patiently. Mavis and Klaus sat next to each other. Klaus was looking at the man, while Mavis was dealing with the attention of Will, who stood in between her legs, looking thoroughly at her swollen cheek. Will sighed, "Just when I thought, I could handle one of you." Mavis chuckled, and leaned her head in closer, "you're the one always telling me to make friends." The boy smiled, at the glimmer in her eyes, something rather rare these days.

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -

Outside, it turned out that the ye had not even been made yet, so they were now with no leads. Walking out Klaus was raving on about his performance, and Mavis was amusingly listening, "I was like, "yeah. What about my consent, bitch?"" he chuckled, which was contagious seeing as Mavis joined in. While the two had an unusual thing that connected them, it didn't stop the fast growing friendship that came from it. Five on the other hand found no amusement from the situation, "Klaus it doesn't matter." he said looking rather pissed.

"What? What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?" Klaus asked, the glitter from the snowglobe still in his hair. "There is someone out there who is gonna lose an eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the end of life on this planet Earth as we know it." Klaus turned to him, not looking like he cared about any of that information, "yeah, can I get that 20 bucks, like, now, or what?" he asked, and Five looked at him annoyed as always, "your 20 bucks?"

"Yeah, my 20 bucks." Klaus responded. Five looked at him like he had two heads, "the apocalypse is coming, and all you can think about is getting high?" he asked, "Well, i'm also quite hungry." he replied "Tummy's a-rumblin."' he imitates a groaning. Five stared at him for a millisecond before concluding, "you're useless." Mavis' eyes widened at his words, "Five that-" she was cut off by his next words, "-You're all useless!" he stopped before looking back at Will and Mavis who both took his words personally. "Except you two." he then began walking off.

"Oh come on. You need to lighten up, old man." Klaus said, as Five sat down on the buildings steps. "Hey, you know, I've just now realized why you're so uptight." Klaus told the boy, "you must be horny as hell!" he laughed. Mavis raised an eyebrow at five, while Will flushed at the comment. "Five? Is that true? You know if you ever feel like you wanna-"

"-Not right now"

"But another time?" Mavis teasingly asked, receiving no response. Instead of responding, Five grabbed the two and blinked them onto an upcoming cab. "Don't stop. Just keep going." he waived at klaus as the Taxis drove by. Klaus shouted about his money, before feeling like his pocket was heavy and pulled out a twenty dollar bill.

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 858 20
𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎-𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜, 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒...
703 47 7
❛ 𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑 ❜ ━━━━ five hargreeves .ᐟ ◖ 🧳⏳🩸 ◗ ・❪ and all at once you ...
297K 7.3K 19
━ 𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒈𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
323K 5.4K 34
Basically the title [REQUESTS ARE CLOSED]